It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brooklyn neighborhood on police lockdown following protest

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:12 AM
link   
We don't have all the facts in this case and yet it seems many are quick to place blame on the officers. What will you say if the witness who claims the gun wa planted turns out to be one of the friends? Does he/she maybe have a bias in this situation that may cause him to lie? Or what if the witness is a bystander, one who actually saw the officers plant the gun or what they thought was a gun being planted? There are just to many "what if's" and not a ton of facts.

With that being said, I'm sorry, but if this is how this young man's community responds to an alleged violent act against one of them, then maybe they should take a long look in the mirror because children learn from those around them. IMO it makes their story less crediable. What kind of example are they giving, attacking innocent bystanders, stealing from and damaging buisnesses? They are behaving like thugs and those in charge of this should be held accountable for the outcome, especially since they are planning yet another one of these little shindigs.

And what if after all is said and done, this kid did have a gun, one he was pulling on officers. Do you think a single one of the rioters will apologize for the chaos they have caused?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

It was already said this bystander was a friend. It was also posted that this was a well taken care of gun. Not some hood throw away. News sites still differ on type of gun. It was also posted they had "problems" locating it. Shouldn't be that hard to find a gun on someone's person. Just because a friend saw it means he's lieing. Of course he's more libel to lie, but isn't guaranteed. Unless your using area they're from to come to that conclusion. Want to add eleven body shots is a little harsh don't you think. Especially considering in a lot of states if you fire more then two shots it is no longer self defense.
edit on 12-3-2013 by Isittruee because: auto correct will be the death of me

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:23 AM
link   
Double
edit on 12-3-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:29 AM
link   
In no way am I a cop hater. I have friends that are the police. Even they know alot of what goes on is wrong. They'll be the first to tell ya its not like tv. When there no cameras around and you piss some cops off they will exercise the will to beat the sleeves off you.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:31 AM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

I was stating what if's. We are going by various sources, some containing inaccuracys. That is my point, that just because a news story says it, it does not make it true. Why not wait until accurate information is available to show the full story before we become okay with people behaving in such a manor? I'm sorry, but there is no way to justify the behavior of the people involved in the riot.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:34 AM
link   

Never said you were a cop hater. I simple said that IMO it appeared some were quick to blame the officers. I like to wait for facts before I form my opinion and it seems many are willing to jump to a conclusion very quickly based off half-truths.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

"Accurate" information will never come out on something like this. You will get the cops version and that will be the end of it. Ohh yea and you'll get to see his crying mother. That'll be it though.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Sorry never said you did just wanted to state it because some of what I said may seem anti police.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   
I'm surprised no one has wondered about the SN# on the gun. I'm sure the news won't look in to it, but it would be worth looking in to, to see if any evidence lockers seem to be missing one by the same SN#. A little street thug would have no need to mar the SN# of the gun.

If they did plant a gun, why would they need to shoot him 11 time when he was unarmed? A 11 times is a lot of shots. I wonder about the shot placement on the body, if he was pointing a gun at them the shot placement would be very different if he wasn't. Two or three shots might be harder to tell, but 11 should leave a clear sign.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 08:42 AM
link   

The sum of all these sides of the story will help form an accurate picture of what happened. As for his crying mother, yes, it is horrible that she has to bury her child. No one deserves to die, but if her son pulled a gun on two officers, then his actions are at fault, the person who put the gun in the childs hands is at fault, not the officers who were forced to make a life or death decision in a critical moment.

Then again, these are are all "what if's" because there is not nearly enough accurate information available to even begin to form a picture of what happened.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:02 AM
link   
reply to post by Echo3Foxtrot

its unfortunate that cops act like uncivilized animals,and beat,and kill people because folks are reaching for their wallets, or taking a piss behind a bush.(especially when a bussiness says, you cant use our restroom, whatre ya gunna do piss your pants or hide out of sight and pee in the woods?) and i havent met one yet that is there to help, only to make sure your guilty until proven innocent..

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:07 AM
link   
wow also 11 shots? wait, why arent we allowed to carry anything over ten? aparently it take 11 to kill a man(obviously im kidding) the only time you shoot someone that many times is out of RAGE look at people who murder spouses, stabbing them 30 someodd times, or shooting them 20 times, and 5 after theyre dead... so sketchy. cops are scum, 99.9% of em

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

The police dont have guns in Norway... Except for some glocks and shotguns thats locked up in the station.
I feel pretty safe, except for when I go to Oslo.

The ironi is that I now live in Poland. The cops here all have guns and they are acutally paid for by the norwegian government!

STILL people are killed by police in Norway, maybe a couple a year.
Dont let Obama take your guns away... You obviously need protection from your protecters

I like the Real American revolutionaries. Too many americans are giving your nation a bad name.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

If things like this happen everyday to innocent people, its easy and justifiable to point blame at the cops. I'm from Brooklyn, Brownsville to be exact. Everyday cops harass, beat the snot out of and shoot innocent people out of pure boredom. I know people who know this kid and he wasn't the gun slinging type. Cops = DEAD WRONG

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

If the kid was shot 11 times then i think that these officers need to be looking for a new career. 11 shots is a bit excessive but then again was it 11 shots?
The community also needs to step up, violence and negativity only breed the same and it seems like that's the norm for some communities.
edit on 12-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

edit on 12-3-2013 by kimish because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112

I was stating what if's. We are going by various sources, some containing inaccuracys. That is my point, that just because a news story says it, it does not make it true. Why not wait until accurate information is available to show the full story before we become okay with people behaving in such a manor? I'm sorry, but there is no way to justify the behavior of the people involved in the riot.

I have to note full agreement here and applaud you making the point. There is a world and night/day difference between exploring possibilities for what may have happened in an event, no one raging over was personally at to see themselves ...and becoming so married to a theory by personal bias and predisposition as to assume right into rioting.

New York Courts seem to be getting the hang of dealing with bad cops as cases keep coming up and getting dealt with. That's where I think we ultimately look to see what happened. What is everyone saying when under Oath and what they say carries true consequence? Hmm...

(What does rioting accomplish, anyway? People generally end up burning down their OWN neighborhoods or the nearby ones they depend on and then become more miserable when insurance rates spike, causing a distinct lack of rebuilding....not much logic)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by lynn112
We don't have all the facts in this case and yet it seems many are quick to place blame on the officers. What will you say if the witness who claims the gun wa planted turns out to be one of the friends? Does he/she maybe have a bias in this situation that may cause him to lie? Or what if the witness is a bystander, one who actually saw the officers plant the gun or what they thought was a gun being planted? There are just to many "what if's" and not a ton of facts.

With that being said, I'm sorry, but if this is how this young man's community responds to an alleged violent act against one of them, then maybe they should take a long look in the mirror because children learn from those around them. IMO it makes their story less crediable. What kind of example are they giving, attacking innocent bystanders, stealing from and damaging buisnesses? They are behaving like thugs and those in charge of this should be held accountable for the outcome, especially since they are planning yet another one of these little shindigs.

And what if after all is said and done, this kid did have a gun, one he was pulling on officers. Do you think a single one of the rioters will apologize for the chaos they have caused?

I am doing my best to see the picture using the sources available. You are also jumping to the conclusion that the same group that was mourning was responsible for "attacking innocent bystanders, stealing from, and damaging businesses". Somehow these are fact to you while the shooting of a 16 year old by police is just an "an alleged violent act".

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:36 PM
link   
reply to post by number47

Unlike the shooting itself, all the articles seem to be on the same page when it comes to the riot. Not a single story that I've read has disbuted that the riots did those things, not a single person that I've seen involved has come forward to say "we did not do any of that." Should a different accountant come to light, I will adjust my opinion accordingly.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by lynn112

Ok so what if he had a gun?
The headline should read:

PLAINCLOTHES OFFICERS IN AN UNMARKED CAR SHOOT TEEN 11 TIMES

An African-American teenager has been shot dead by two plainclothes police officers in Brooklyn, New York. Sixteen-year-old Kimani Gray was walking down a street in the neighborhood of East Flatbush when the officers approached him in an unmarked car
www.democracynow.org...

Imagine you are walking down the street and a car rolls up on you. Two big guys get out that you don't recognize. Their body language is clearly aggressive and they shout at you "Don't Move!" or "Get on the Ground!"
What would you do?

I would run for my life, and some reports indicate that's what he did. If I did carry a gun, it would be to protect myself in an instance just like this. Some good it did this kid, either way.
edit on 12-3-2013 by number47 because: figuring out external content

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by number47

I wasn't there, neither were you. Neither of us has any real idea what really happened. And the topic of this thread is the riot, not if the officers killed the young man because he was a real threat or if they were just plain bad cops. Regardless of what happened, it does not justify the violence that followed, something that has not been disputed thus far.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join