It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Brooklyn neighborhood on police lockdown following protest

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Destinyone

Been trying to find a video. All I can come up with so far is picture. Think it would even last long on YT if one went up?

#Brooklynriot is the hashtag being used in the tweets
edit on 11-3-2013 by Isittruee because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:37 PM
link   
Still doesn't quite look like a riot. More of a rally.

Looks like same area as first pic. No videos to be found.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Lastly found some videos. Don't have UStream so can't confirm what about.

Comments suggest it is Brooklyn riot we are speaking of.

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Isittruee

As usual RT News = hyperbole.

From the comments in your ustream link;

cops shoot 16 year old kid in Brooklyn and people watch as they plant a gun! Riot/occupation ensues.

I've been waiting to read that word, "plant"

edit on 11-3-2013 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:45 PM
link   
reply to post by tanda7

Would be nice if someone with ustream can watch/confirm what's on these videos. Might be something I need to look into signing up for.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:46 PM
link   
Having lived in the San Fran Bay Area for most of my life...now living in another State....I can tell you what we are talking about is not a riot. Some disgruntled people, but certainly not a riot. Oakland Ca...knows how to riot.

RT, I think has blown this story out of proportion.

Des

edit on 11-3-2013 by Destinyone because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:52 PM
link   

I was able to watch videos. Just some people standing around pretty much. Blown out of proportion by RT and the City Councilman that was tweeting as well.

The gun planting. I'm not so sure about. That is my opinion though.

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:55 PM
link   

Community activists, wanna be politicians, will grab onto a story like this, to get their 15 mins of fame...they don't care how they do it. Even tweeting a riot is in progress, in hopes of kicking it into gear.

It's a shame they do this, as it sometimes takes away from the real story that needs to get out.

Des

posted on Mar, 11 2013 @ 11:59 PM
link   

Lol so true. Tell me he isn't fishing for votes here.

I'm on East 52nd & Church trying to disperse the crowd. I'm calling on @MikeBloomberg and #RayKelly to walk this community with me tomorrow.

The crowd is getting smaller. I only wish I had gotten here a few moments sooner, before the riot began.

Lot of I's and promise of HE would of prevented it.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 01:33 AM
link   
dickheaded police officers... croocked officers. There is a song by some oldschool rapgroup about the police. maybe we should listen to that more often.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 04:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Echo3Foxtrot
Those cops better get things in order. Those people are rioting on speculation. It's unfortunate that people have to act like uncivilized animals because they don't like cops.
It's not just because they don't like cops, and it's the cops that act like animals, except they have badges and are sanctioned by the city.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 06:39 AM
link   
Another source;
www.dnainfo.com...

As riot police filled the streets, the crowd also surged into the Rite Aid on Church Avenue near Albany Street and trashed it about 9:15 p.m., pulling items off the shelves and attacking the store manager, clerks and security guard, the FDNY said. The group stole some items from the store and cash from the register, sources said.

The next demonstration is scheduled to begin at 8 p.m. Tuesday at East 55th Street and Church Avenue.

And on this site;www.dailymail.co.uk... ,a comment from a New Yorker;

New York City Councilman Jumaane D. Williams is typical of the utterly worthless and irresponsible Democrat politicians that "lead" these cesspools of depravity. Notice how he outright refuses to condemn these nasty little thugs, who have violently attacked innocent people and smashed innocent businesses which had nothing to do with the shooting. Instead, he seems to relish the opportunity to use this scumbag behavior as a platform on which to demand more money from the taxpayer for "community centers" and other pointless and expensive exercises which have done NOTHING to stop these ignorant thugs from behaving like animals. It makes me sick to my stomach to think how much of my New York state taxes are used to fund this kind of scum. They are completely and utterly worthless to everyone, and commit almost 95% of the violent crime in this city. I hope the cops come down on these criminals like a ton of bricks.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:11 AM
link   
Here is the source I heard the news from

Democracy Now - Headlines 3/11/13

An African-American teenager has been shot dead by two plainclothes police officers in Brooklyn, New York. Sixteen-year-old Kimani Gray was walking down a street in the neighborhood of East Flatbush when the officers approached him in an unmarked car. The officers got out to approach Gray and opened fire when, they claim, they saw him reach for his gun. Gray was carrying a revolver, but one witness reported police did not properly identify themselves and said Gray likely did not know they were cops. Gray had been attending a baby shower with a group of friends. He died of multiple gunshot wounds in the leg and stomach.

Anyone else listen to Democracy Now? i'm looking forward to their coverage of the candlelight vigil that was busted up by riot police and called a riot.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:16 AM
link   
reply to post by number47

Welcome to Ats. Never listened to democracy now. If you roll through thread you'll see every news source is saying something different. There was a gun/one was planted, type of gun, times he was shot. With the addition of your post it looks like news sources are starting to stick to the had a gun on him story. As someone posted earlier though witnesses say they saw the police plant this gun.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:21 AM
link   
If you want to protest something and bring a spotlight on an injustice..... why do rioters always trash other peoples stuff. Dont they get it that their message gets lost in their own idiotic destructive tantrum behavior?? Not too bright...
edit on 12-3-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:22 AM
link   

Anyone else listen to Democracy Now? i'm looking forward to their coverage of the candlelight vigil that was busted up by riot police and called a riot.

As riot police filled the streets, the crowd also surged into the Rite Aid on Church Avenue near Albany Street and trashed it about 9:15 p.m., pulling items off the shelves and attacking the store manager, clerks and security guard, the FDNY said. The group stole some items from the store and cash from the register, sources said.

If this news report is true, I would call it a riot.

edit on 12-3-2013 by tanda7 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:36 AM
link   

Interesting that no other sources mention that they were plainclothes officers in an unmarked car. Even if he had a gun, the killing seems unjust at best.

As for the "riot"? It seems to me that family and friends gather to grieve and hold a candlelight vigil. When the cops arrive they are met with understandable anger. Kids who were likely friends of "Kiki", throw stuff at police from the safety of rooftops. Then the police begin raiding apartments looking for the kids that threw stuff. The "riot" aspect was likely trumped up by the NYPD to justify their actions and to make the whole community look bad.

If the NYPD had left the community alone to grieve, would there have been a "riot" to speculate about?

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Some earlier report were saying one person was hurt in a scuffle. As the night progressed it seemed to turn to three. I can see a vigil getting a little out of hand...especially if the culprits show up. LEO could've provoked this into a riot.

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by Advantage
why do rioters always trash other peoples stuff. Dont they get it that their message gets lost in their own idiotic destructive tantrum behavior?? Not too bright...
edit on 12-3-2013 by Advantage because: (no reason given)

Yeah, I don't get it either. It seems to me that some people are drawn to chaotic situations just because they want to act out and create more chaos. It certainly brings a spotlight of attention, albeit negative attention. There are certainly desperate/opportunistic/violent people in Brooklyn (anywhere really) that will find an excuse to vandalize a RightAid. My feeling, though, is that the police created an environment where this would happen and then capitalized on it. I mean the riot action at the RightAid didn't start until after riot police filled the streets and began warrantless raids on apartments looking for kids that may have been throwing bottles.

They NYPD sure aren't gaining many friends in this community.
What if the NYPD had shown up to the gathering of grieving people to offer condolences to the family and shown respect instead of aggression? They could even maintain that there was no wrongdoing on their part and just acknowledge that this is a sad situation. Sounds like the twilight zone huh?
edit on 12-3-2013 by number47 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 12 2013 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Sometimes I think American troops overseas have less controversial killings of civilians than the cops at home,not to say it doesn't happen but there have got be a defect in cop training.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join