It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Moors in European Coat Of Arms

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:49 PM
link   
Some of the greatest black inventions are the gas mask, the telephone, the toilet, shoes , knifes and plates, hey just to name a few. Its more than possible that moors existed and conquered past regions in Europe. I mean many blacks have very civilised talents that change the course of history itself .

Schools need to re-educated kids in matters of history so that you dont get kkk adults commenting as quite a few have on this thread. Because they really are ignorant to Black contributions to western civilisation.
edit on 20-2-2013 by FreedomEntered because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by LUXUS

The British had roads well before the Romans invaded!
As for Pythagoras and his mathematics it was a favorite subject among the early christian gnostic also the Templars were masters of geometry and architecture. I seriously doubt your assertion that such knowledge made its way to the UK via the moors.
You can't compare the roads systems and architecture/infrastructure of the ancient Britons to the Roman infrastructure that spanned the empire. And all of that happened before the Moors. All I'm saying is that information of the Classical world was held and nurtured by the Moors while the most of Europe was busy being squalid and ignorant.

And where might the Templars have gained such information? How about we get the thread back on track, eh?

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Cant be bothered to argue with racists its really sad the way they run around in circles scared of their own shadows. Lets leave them to it. But the Moor culture was fascinating. I have to say..

topdocumentaryfilms.com... Heres a documentory about them.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

You clearly never heard of the more then 60 Drudic collages in Europe then with more then 60,000 students. They studied everything from medicine (BTW Ireland has the most extensive library of ancient writings on herbalism then anywhere else in the world), philosophy, mathematics, astronomy, politics and obviously religion. No they didnt need the Romans or anyone else. In fact when the Romans invaded the UK the first people they went after was the Druids because they knew that they were the intellectuals.

They are said there to learn by heart a great number of verses; accordingly some remain in the course of training twenty years. Nor do they regard it lawful to commit these to writing, though in almost all other matters, in their public and private transactions, they use Greek characters. That practice they seem to me to have adopted for two reasons; because they neither desire their doctrines to be divulged among the mass of the people, nor those who learn, to devote themselves the less to the efforts of memory, relying on writing; since it generally occurs to most men, that, in their dependence on writing, they relax their diligence in learning thoroughly, and their employment of the memory. They wish to inculcate this as one of their leading tenets, that souls do not become extinct, but pass after death from one body to another, and they think that men by this tenet are in a great degree excited to valor, the fear of death being disregarded. They likewise discuss and impart to the youth many things respecting the stars and their motion, respecting the extent of the world and of our earth
Julius Caesar
edit on 20-2-2013 by LUXUS because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:13 PM
link   
This thread is about moors not druids .. lol omg..

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

I don't care to argue 18th century romanticism in a thread about the occurrence of Moors in British heraldry. You wanna talk about it, start your own thread. Over and out...

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:19 PM
link   
yada yada druids yada yada... I live not so far from Stone hendge I aint impressed. Now let us learn about the Moors please, its fascinating why this is left out of schools about the civilisation of the western world.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

it looks to me like luxus is derailing things as he sees the thread as "afro-centric" to which he seems highly opposed given past posts he has made. otherwise he would discuss other on-topic presented info that he has so far conveniently ignored........ not that druidic wisdom or practice survived in any worthwhile form after the massacre at anglesey - but that ofc is another thread entirely

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:25 PM
link   
Its called being an ignorant racist. They always stick up their ugly heads and derail entire ethnicities.

But its fascinating, what the Moors did. Great people and I hope this gets into schools. Its veeeeeery important in even understanding our current world.

They also do twist history too they are dangerous and they are " outed" . So keep going racists you look dorkier by the second anyway.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by Spider879
reply to post by Astyanax

Astyanax[
We are not arguing we are having a conversation,I do this over a bottle of Red Stripe or Guinness all the time but

Who exactly would want to sit down with you and listen to a BS lecture about how your people built the pyramids and are responsible for civilizing Europeans....oh I forgot, maybe another afrocentric.

Errr friends of mind some from thee "caucasian" persuaion and yeah btw where is the Egyptologist/anthropologist/archeologist who published a peer review report that Ancient Egypt started in the north and worked it's way south??.

edit on 20-2-2013 by Spider879 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by FreedomEntered

i was being kind, but i agree with you, and i have also noticed that poster just totally ignoring posts that contain awkward things like evidence and accurate sources.. that obviously go against the woo-head approach and afore mentioned 18th/19th century romanticism

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

Precisely. I think people take things way too seriously, like Okay someone who invented something great has a different color to you. Big deal. We all bleed the same. We all are here and ultimately what they did was for humanity, the good innovations that is.

I dont get the obsession with color, yellow, brown, dark brown, light white, white what on earth does it matter.

But ethnically they were proven to be of arab and black origin. Again big deal lets just learn the real history, as far as our knowledge and research enables us to.. things will still come out .

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 03:55 PM
link   
It is not that complicated when you think about it especially for the Roman era,for while they were brutal they did not have a color coded mindset in other words the weren't racist although they were not color blind,and during the time of the empire Roman Africa was well... Roman it's citizens from Africa and else where had the same rights as a native born,so two Africans lite skinned and dark skinned battling it out to become top dog was a very Roman thing to do, us moderns have a habit of transferring our way of thinking on to population long gone.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 04:50 PM
link   
Spider879 is an afrocentrist and if you haven't met one yet then you have no idea, they are the most racist people on the planet...Ive debated with spider loads of times in the past but that was when he used to call himself "thePharaoh"

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:01 PM
link   
reply to post by LUXUS

well i have met them before and i do have an idea - i just dont see it as racist - this may be your own bias coming to the fore instead... spider may be "the pharoah" as you say, yet the writing style is different and the pharoah is not banned either. besides this you still ignore posts that are directly relevant to subjects that you reference, be it here or elsewhere, and have pretty obviously tried to derail this thread - none of which reflects well on you unfortunately.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 05:17 PM
link   
Lets all remember there was a great deal of time before current recorded history and possibly many great civilizations.
I never have thought ANYONE is as depicted solely in a book or history.I always suspected the history books may have been flawed like our media.
All men are equal you know,oh yes ALL OF THEM.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 10:54 PM
link   
reply to post by skalla

there is about nine thousand years of post ice age british history prior to the celts that can be considered.

Prehistory rather than history, though you are right. And there is not the slightest reason to think these ancient Britons were dark-skinned. We have no idea what they looked like. The first Britons of which anything is known genetically seem to have been Celts from Spain originally.

also, no civilisations south of the sahara - you are not serious surely? what time period do you mean? not heard of Ile Ife? if i bothered to do some research i reckon i could find more

I hadn't heard of Ile-Ife, so I looked it up. Thanks for the pointer. Apparently it was a place, in what is now Nigeria, where a community was first established about 600BC and produced sculptural art of quality from about 1000AD–1400AD.

I didn't mean to give the impression of a continent of naked savages living in mud huts. One is aware of the Benin bronzes and the great slave- and gold-trading kingdoms of that region. But my definition of civilisation, as I said before, implies high culture. Ile-Ife was hardly a contender for that if you consider that the sixth century BC was the era of classical antiquity—the era of Pythagoras, Buddha and Confucius—and that the celebrated bronzes later produced at Ile-Ife were cast at a time when Europe was moving through the mediaeval era into the Renaissance—the coming age of Raphael, Leonardo and Michaelangelo.

Compared with its contemporaries, Ile-Ife was a provincial culture, doubtless influenced by and trading with the more powerful civilisations around it. Its existence is not trivial, but it had no effect on the greater story of humankind.

edit on 20/2/13 by Astyanax because: of definition.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:08 PM
link   

Spider879 is an afrocentrist and if you haven't met one yet then you have no idea, they are the most racist people on the planet...Ive debated with spider loads of times in the past but that was when he used to call himself "thePharaoh"

Ahaa no man I have never went by the monniker "thePharaoh" or anyother oneline names I am Anansi or Spider it reflects my west-African/Jamaican roots and connection to a figure in Akan culture called Brada Anansi the spider the trickster who always overcome those bigger and greater then himself a forefunner to Bugs Bunny.and while I don't know if we had clashed before you seemed to project your own Eurocentric bias on others.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Astyanax

Compared with its contemporaries, Ile-Ife was a provincial culture, doubtless influenced by and trading with the more powerful civilisations around it. Its existence is not trivial, but it had no effect on the greater story of humankind.

And you are so wrong

Editorial Reviews Review "Robert Farris Thompson is the art historian of Africa who has turned his talents to Afro-America and sketched the course that creative new work is likely to follow." -- Eugene Genovese This landmark book shows how five African civilizations -- Yoruba, Kongo, Ejagham, Mande and Cross River -- have informed and are reflected in the aesthetic, social and metaphysical traditions (music, sculpture, textiles, architecture, religion, idiogrammatic writing) of black people in the United States, Cuba, Haiti, Trinidad, Mexico, Brazil and other places in the New World.

posted on Feb, 20 2013 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
First off, there is a story that the Black Irish derive from Spanish sailors who swam ashore during the Spanish Armada.

I was always under the impression that the "Black Irish" were survivors of the defeated Spanish armada as well.

But I have very recently read an article that traced the term as a reference to the pre Celtic inhabitants of Ireland. They were marginalized by the Celtic people into what was almost an "untouchables" caste.
I wish I had book marked that article , it was fascinating.
I would say the black Irish are an expression of an archaic population within the islands.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join