It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Evangelist Lives As Gay Man For 1 Year In Hopes Of Changing His Mind.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by GREENFOX74
I really wish people would stop summing up the gay life to just sex......its insulting , I was gay way before I ever had sex, and having sex does not make you who you are.....Just because this man did'nt have sex does'nt mean he did'nt exsperience the isolation, hatred or judgement some of us go through.....I would think that would be the important message.

I don't think anyone has summed up gay life to just being about the intercourse or sexual activity. The point of this story is that the gentleman has stated he lived a year as a gay man but he did not have gay sex so how could he have lived a year as a gay man? I also doubt he had the same thoughts and feelings gay people have when for example he was walking around with his 'boyfriend'. The isolation, hatred and judgement of people who are gay is slowly beginning to disappear which is a major step forward.

Slightly off topic: Please can people not post offensive comments. I have seen a few now and you have no right to judge others because of their sexuality. Thanks in advance.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 09:44 AM
link   

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by viperdave

I will state this and not feel guilty for what I believe.

All opposition to the Homosexual lifestyle is NOT driven by HATE.

I don't hate. I am opposed to having an agenda shoved down my throat, though. If I don't agree with the "gay" lifestyle doesn't make me a hater. But I do hate someone telling me I have to accept as normal, a deviant sexual behavior.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:23 AM
link   
reply to post by dakota1s2

Out of curiosity, just what is it driven by then? I've had religious and political doctrine shoved in my face more than any supposed sexual deviancy, but I'm not opposed to people going about doing their thing with it.

I'm honestly curious how you see what I mentioned above as any different, and why you would justify opposing anything that adults do which harms no one.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   
reply to post by Basilis

No other questions need to be asked of this poster. That is all the explanation you need.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Brave and courageous? I think he was probably just a closet homosexual. No problem with someone being gay but yet again this adds to the separation of it all. To think someone could 'live' gay for a year, like it's something you can turn off and on is moronic and demoralizing to the real homosexual population.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:06 PM
link   

I don't care if you don't agree with it, but if your opposed to them having the 'same' rights as you do, your a bigot. If you don't then all is well, otherwise it's not the agenda being shoved down your throat it's your agenda getting in the way of others freedoms.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Socrato

Yeah because what's good for the goose is good for the gander right? But in your world what's good for the goose is only meant for the goose and the gander can go # themselves.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Well Tenth, I think many people would change if they walked a mile in another's shoes. Our prejudices are often fed by the group we socialize with. This blinds people the same way that religion blinds people into believing that they are the "chosen ones".Only a few people have the character to look at the world from another's perspective and admit they were wrong.

I have found myself fortunate to be able to stand up while others had to suffer in silence at the abuse/use of poor bosses and management. I recently thanked my mother for that backing me when I was younger. She replied that it didn't work out for me. I said it has, "my conscious is clear". I was able to speak up while others could say nothing because they had a family to feed and clothe.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   
reply to post by oper8zhin

Again I will state that we(evangelical Christians) do not HATE. We hate or are opposed to being told we have to accept the lifestyle and if we don't then we are "haters".

We don't have to accept any lifestyle we deem harmful to society in general or as a whole.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Of course you don't. Although just because you don't hate anyone doesn't mean others of your faith don't hate people. You have to realize that there are a growing percentage of people that believe your beliefs are detrimental to our society, as much or if not more than what some gay people do to each other willingly.

You don't have to like gay people, but the rest of us don't have to like religious people either. Honestly Christians have done a lot more damage to humanity than gay people. That is indisputable, just look at how many people have killed for Christ. I don't see anyone killing for Gays.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 01:57 PM
link   
Homosexuality is caused by 1) sexual abuse of minors; and, 2) single parent homes in which no father figure exists for the child to pattern after.

Kinsey was a sexual deviant and a child molestor backed by foreigners with an agenda to subvert and destroy Christian nations surreptitiously from within.

These days, homosexuals are merely being used as pawns by an ancient and evil cabal bent on annihilating all that remains of the little truth, justice and righteousness left in the world today.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:02 PM
link   
Well for the first time in history someone actually chose to be gay. If all gay people did this then maybe I could understand the fundamentalist Christian views on gayness a little better. If all gay people chose to be gay then there'd be something to rehabilitate. This guy needs rehab. Get him to Marcus Bachmann quick!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

ROFL. What is heterosexuality caused by?

I don't want to be rude to you, but that is 2 of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I don't mean you are stupid, but what you just said is ridiculous.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 02:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by oper8zhin
The OVERWHELMINGLY HUGE majority of Evangelists are so wrapped up in hate, that this type of method is the ONLY way to "cure" them of their HATE that they have.

For the REST of the hateful folks under the hateful religious-grip whom do not try to put themselves in the shoes of those whom they HATE, well, for THEM, I think the REAL PLAN involves reincarnation!! Reincarnation to which, the religious haters come back in the next life as EXACTLY THAT WHICH THEY HATED in this life!!

Heck, thats the only way to change some folks!! And I believe that is the "higher plan" for us. Thats some AWESOME JUSTICE, eh?? I believe that is whats next for the haters among us. A RUDE AWAKENING for them!!!!!!

And by the way, I am not homosexual. NOT one bit. I just happen to believe that such folks do NOT deserve to be hated on. Especially since folks do NOT choose who they are anyways, and are BORN that way. Thinking that we choose to be heterosexual or homosexual is just ASININE religious thinking. ASININE at best.

edit on 2-12-2012 by oper8zhin because: (no reason given)

No, but you sure are fallilng all over yourself in convincing everyone else you are so morally superior to the Christians you stereotype. You are just as judgemental, if not moreso. But none of this will matter, as the UN Agenda 21 will have us all under the thumb of the Totalitarian NWO. Political Correctness is just a way to sanitize everybody into sameness and compliance, and you are splendid at it, it seems.
I was watching OReilly last night, and he had interviewed various Hollywood celebritites on conservativsm. It seems that Hollywood believe that they are the tolerant and compassionate ones
because "they are creative". In my view,, being highly creative has very little to do with true compassion for others.
Politcal correctness is not compassion, it is compliance with a very intolerant but ranting demand for sameness. Liberals want everyone to conform to their beliefs, they just don't recognize that tendency. When you can fully accept Christians, I will appreciate your "tolerance".

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by sputniksteve
reply to post by Aesir26

ROFL. What is heterosexuality caused by?

I don't want to be rude to you, but that is 2 of the stupidest things I have ever heard. I don't mean you are stupid, but what you just said is ridiculous.

It is a fact that just about every prostitute involved in the sex trade ended up there from having been sexually abused as a child. If you don't believe me, just ask one.

The same goes for young boys molested by an older male. Paradoxically, it is a common coping strategy, similar to the Stockholm syndrome.

Male children raised solely by a female parent not only emulate the mother's behaviour but also long for the father figure they never had.

Psychologists know this. Why are there so many single-parent homes these days? Why is homosexuality more prevalent among youth today compared with twenty years ago? Fifty years ago?

My son is bombarded with pro-homosexual propaganda on a daily basis in public school now.
He is seven years old and in Grade Two.

Heterosexuality is the norm. Those who argue against this point to examples of homosexual behaviour in the animal kingdom. Are we now to model ourselves after the beasts instead of following God?

edit on 3-12-2012 by Aesir26 because: (no reason given)

edit on 3-12-2012 by Aesir26 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

I was sexually abused as a child. I am neither homosexual nor a prostitute. I can go into further detail if you like, I am not afraid to talk about it.

What God? He/She/It doesn't exist.

So what causes heterosexuality? If there is a cause for homosexuality there must be for hetero too right?

If I can find 1 case of a homosexual that was never molested and grew up in a 2 person house hold would you consider that everything your church is telling you is wrong?

Biologically I don't think another males anus or mouth is any different than a females. I just fail to see the correlation between homosexual sex and eternal damnation. Something doesn't add up.

edit on 12/3/2012 by sputniksteve because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by sputniksteve

What God? He/She/It doesn't exist

lol Please do prove this. I can't wait for the results.

So what causes heterosexuality? If there is a cause for homosexuality there must be for hetero too right?

Again lol. How about the natural instinct to procreate! No need to prove or disprove the existence of God or gods here, just follow Darwin's survival of the fittest (or in this case natural law).

You have to realize that there are a growing percentage of people that believe your beliefs are detrimental to our society

When they go into the classrooms with an agenda of forcing children to believe their way is good and wonderful and wholesome and that they must tolerate it, then it becomes just more brainwashing, only people accept this out of that bizarre idea liberals have that forcing people into polical correctness is morally superior and also represents tolerance and compassion.

When teachers forcibly brainwash children outside of their parents beliefs, then you know it is Statism and abusive as well.

Consider the new liberal lie that kindergartners need sex ed ostensibly because their parents might be "abusing" them, and yet it is a kind of abuse to expose all children to sexual ideas at this age.

You guys would be teaching them in utero if you weren't aborting them first.

edit on 3-12-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
Maybe I skipped over it - but where in the article did it say he had physical and romantic relationships with other men?

Because if he's not doing that, he didn't "live as a gay man" for a year, all he did was get his picture taken at a few Pride marches and lie to his friends and family.

posted on Dec, 3 2012 @ 03:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Aesir26

I'm not sure what psychologists you're referring to. If we go with modern research we can conclude that genetics plays a large role in homosexuality. There are distinct differences between the brain of a homosexual and a heterosexual that would not be caused from neuroplasticity.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join