It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Parts of Chicago now akin to Iraq-Afghanistan tribal/civil war

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:15 PM
link   
thats one for thought

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:31 PM
link   
I live in Chicago, let me give you my perspective of things. It is bittersweet.

Gangs have been around in Chicago since...well forever.

I generally never have any problems here in the city and love being here.
No thefts, no problems. However, recently, I was walking minding my own business in Lakeview @ 10am and
was verbally attacked by some random unprovoked Negro, I turned around and he attempted to attack me...
I beat the # out him and told him "to be nice to people" ( i was lucky to be a trained fighter, otherwise I had my rent money on me and my laptop and would have been screwed if I was robbed!!)

Last week, my Caucasian friend was targeted by two Negros who jumped him and stole his
phone while he was out walking his dog in Wrigleyville.

Last week, a limo full of Negros jumped out of their car and proceeded to attack random
drunk Caucasian people in Wrigley.

Three weeks ago a Random Negro ran up and slit a mans throat from behind while out walking
his dog in Wrigley. (didnt rob him, just watched him bleed)

Last year some tribal people attacked and killed a old women on the red line in lakeview, pushing her down the stairs.
(these r just off the top of my head, there are many more)

This city is great, but southside violence and black on white hate crimes are definitely a growing problem that needs to be addressed more aggressively.

IMO send the national guard in or up the Chicago police force, when I see old women being victimized in their own neighborhoods, and young black children with no escape from the violence, then it is time to step in and......send in the boys. We cannot afford to lose this great city like Detroit, to gang bangers, crack dealers and pimps, and we wont!

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SrWingCommander

The gang unit is 200 men and there are 100,000 gang members estimated. I know no one around here is that big on the militarization of the police of any sort but that is ridiculous. How do you begin to combat that.
: spelling

Easy, you allow the non-criminals to carry firearms so they can defend themselves. They haven't been able to, which is why violence has escalated to the point it is now.

When law abiding citizens can't carry, the only ones that do are criminals.

Chicago and Mexico are all the proof anyone should need to see concerning how 'effective' gun control really is

edit on 12/7/12 by xstealth because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xstealth

I agree completely. I worked in Texas for six months and their crime is low. No one wants to cause problems because everyone is carrying.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   
reply to post by mahon

solutions like that are what got the city into the place its currently in.

what needs to be done is that people of a different mind set need to be allowed to fix the problems the cities past and possibly current leadership obviously would not/could not or cannot.

i had this theory that the reason why criminals recently stopped running from cops and started turning upon them and firing full clips is because everyone knows that more than a handful of them are so completely corrupt that they could challenge their claim of lawful authority which consisted of little more than a tattered garment and a tin star.

but i wouldn't lose any sleep on it...the problems are being taken care of in a correct fashion and things are moving ahead faster than any of you want to admit.

Americans won't allow what happened in Europe, Asia and Africa to happen here.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SrWingCommander

I thought Chicago was meant to be one of the most beautiful cities in America?

Anyway, could this be a reflection on majority non-white people who have destroyed this city? I say this because my city of Brisbane is roughly the same size as Chicago yet it is very rare for people to be killed here or even experience violence. I think the most we have here is break and enters, mind you Brisbane is almost all white with some asians in it...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:07 PM
link   
when i ingest large amounts of data, it begins to process itself and an answer spits out.

i've been called insane and what comes next will be my most insane or insightful theory today.

The current Chicago gang violence issue is intrinsically linked to the debate concerning Iranian nuclear ambitions.

unless i've gone completely mad, it is no crystal clear to me that at least some of the gangs and the associated violence is related to the ongoing enmity between the United States/Israel vs Iran theme.

nearly all gangs are pseudo-religious organizations and the south side is composed of groups claiming a judeo-christian alignment and other an islamic alignment; whether hispanic or african-american or other this is the case.

are these the ones that are at war?

another perspective is that most of the participants are American.

for all the people that keep calling for the military to enter are suggesting starting a war between the US Government and its people; simultaneously to a religious based war. Complete chaos.

thanks for all your help solving the problem, but your services will no longer be needed.

its no wonder the banking system and the housing markets collapsed... the quality of the decision making ability demonstrated in these forums is not far above what someone with no education at all would make.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Michael, before I move all the kids to Lake Forest suburbs, what will help protect Chicago's urban children?

If a larger police force is not the solution, then what is?

Should we throw more free money into the neighborhoods?
Create job programs?
Open more churches?
Take all the police out of those neighborhoods and let the people be on their own?

This is not Liberia, we cannot have people
being murdered in Chicago streets everyday!
Especially seven year olds.....its too much.

It brings a really bad public image of Chicago.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by CrimsonKapital

i don't think that its it.

we all saw the pictures of Europe shortly after WWII; Chicago became home to many of their millions of displaced.

i think Chicago is under attack by outside forces loyal to the Iranians and Brisbane is not under attack because no one wants to live there and aren't interested in it at all.

edit on 12-7-2012 by michaelbrux because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by michaelbrux

Yes, that's what human terrain teams are for coupled with humint. Besides veterans already volunteered for dangerous duty, and willingly fought for strangers in a foreign country. No one else, as in regular citizens, were willing or able, who else would it be...

Dont you know we would do the same, for our own people?
I suggested it as a reasonable solution. No alternatives have been presented, not saying my proposal is only one, and I'm open to other proposals.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ADVISOR

Bulldozers have moved into the areas in question and are demolishing the former gang strongholds as I type. this just started today...hows that for irony? how's that for a suggestion...?

we'll just evict them from the city.

and more people won't have to be murdered...isn't that great?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:15 PM
link   

What area is being bulldozed? What neighborhood?

When they took down Cabrini Green, Old town became safer.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux
reply to post by ADVISOR

Bulldozers have moved into the areas in question and are demolishing the former gang strongholds as I type. this just started today...hows that for irony? how's that for a suggestion...?

we'll just evict them from the city.

and more people won't have to be murdered...isn't that great?

This doesn't fix the problem, it just shifts it to another area....

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
Abandoned building connected to violence being torn down.

CHICAGO (FOX Chicago News) -

The City of Chicago started demolishing 12 vacant buildings Thursday, which some residents said have been hubs of violence and hives for gang activity on the South and West Sides.

Read more: www.myfoxchicago.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by michaelbrux

i don't think that its it.

we all saw the pictures of Europe shortly after WWII; Chicago became home to many of their millions of displaced.

i think Chicago is under attack by outside forces loyal to the Iranians and Brisbane is not under attack because no one wants to live there and aren't interested in it at all.

So you think the Iranians are funding gangbangers and criminals?
Not to be racist here, but the majority of people who do that sort of stuff are negroes. I'll give you an example of what black people are like in Australia.
ALL Africans currently living in Australia are first generation, before 2005 there were zero negroes in Australia. So they can never hate on Australians because we never enslaved them, etc.
But just 2 weeks ago a Sudanese immigrant stabbed to death a 19 year old white man who was walking his dog in Canberra. WTF for???
Who the hell goes up to someone and stabs them to death for absolutely no reason?
Don't get me wrong Australia does have murderers, but not like this. People who kill others in Australia use to be about money or drugs but that was in rare circumstances anyway. Now we have negroes who are stabbing our people for NO REASON??
And just a week before that there was an attack on Australian soldiers in Sydney by a group of Sudanese men. WTH for?? We let you into our beautiful peaceful country yet they attack our soldiers who defended this nation?

Multiculturism can ONLY work without the negroes, whites, asians and arabs usually get along as we are civilized by nature.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:26 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

this process has actually been going on for over a decade and their is nowhere to run in that city.

what appeared today was just the most recent phase being set into motion.

sorry to disappoint you.

those buildings were forts...i'm pretty certain and they are just the beginning. chicago gets cold in the winter.

if they want to move their operations into their own homes they will risk having their wives and children on the streets as well...

people really don't know what it looks like when people have stopped playing around with them...its amazing to witness to be honest.

but you can always pray the gangs will survive...its your right to worship however you like in this country.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:28 PM
link   
Chicago gangbangers, this is typical black culture.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:29 PM
link   

i have no idea why the sudanese or anyone would do that. but if all australians use their words as you do that may be a clue to the answer you seek.

my wife is asian and shes getting a real kick out of reading your beliefs...i told her some of the stuff on this site are just classic and educational.

as far as the Iranians...yes most certainly they are involved. I learned about the sacred nature of the relationship that iranians have with both the Blackamoor, named Saeed, and the Mameluke, how had no name, while reading the first selection of 1001 Arabian Nights.

many africans and europeans have been enslaved by the persians for a thousand years.

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:30 PM
link   

Oh brother - "siding with the gangs" is what you take from my post?

posted on Jul, 12 2012 @ 06:34 PM
link   
reply to post by LadySkadi

that's all I could take from it.

its quite clear they have abandoned many of their fortresses and even though there is no where to run, you think they just open up new fortresses elsewhere.

honestly, you sound like a fan and your tone suggests a hint of disappointment.

its almost as if you are upset to learn that their Iranian funded and supported war effort targeting the city of Chicago has come to an end.

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join