It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupiers Celebrate 4th of July by…Burning American Flags and Vandalizing Police Property

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:32 PM
link   
Our First Amendment rights act as a double-edged sword. People have to put up with nonsense, and ignore it. That said, I am not surprised by the antics of this rabble. They never seize to amaze me at the lows they are willing to take to get attention.

Perhaps, mommy and daddy did not coddle them enough as kids? Keep digging that hole, and with each outrageous act the hole gets deeper. Public support for them is teetering, and this is certainly not going to help them in the support department.

To each their own, and I so wish some of these irrational lunatics could get the opportunity to live in the former Soviet Union, China, or even Cuba. The protesters would never make it to the street before being rounded-up, and dispersed to the countryside for hard labor or worse. As they say, "The grass is always greener on the other side of the fence."

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Nope. You fail again. Gosh I had to wipe your drool off the thread before I could even reply.

Anarchists in Oakland, Calif., celebrated America’s independence with a “**** the Fourth” march that included flag burning, chants of “# the police” and vandalizing public and private property.

Political Fail Blog, a group of “writers and truth seekers” who think “that we are meant to help one another and make each other’s lives a little bit easier,” has uploaded photos and a video of the march.

Photos of a burning flag and vandalized police cars and buildings with the anarchist logo and messages such as “KILL COPS” scribbled on them were shared via Facebook.

In an accompanying video posted on YouTube, marchers scream “**** the police” and “**** the president” while waving a burning flag.

Later police are shown arresting a man who identified himself as Brian Glass and said he was being charged with obstruction.

Anarchist News
The Daily Caller
Occupy Oakland No events listed for the 4th.

Bay of Rage Back in May a group broke of "anarchists" broke off from Occupy because they believed Occupy to be too passive. I'm not too sure it was them either though. There is a large number of true anarchists and angry kids who have been pushed around way too many times by cops for no reason...

These were a bunch of kids who have no freaking clue what Anarchism is. I can sympathize with their rage against police but their actions were wrong. Anarchy is about believing that people can govern themselves and don't need any authority to keep them in line. This was not a demonstration of that to say the least.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by emberscott

Like outright Anarchy would be better in your opinion?

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavier85

Come on, these pigs are no more American then the protesters.

I beg to differ. The thugs burning flags have likely never served this country or anything other than their own selfish interests.

Who says these 'cops' are good guys? All I see is a big group of lawless thugs running around with a badge in the name of good doing for America?

So it’s OK to kill cops because you think they’re lawless.

If I were to follow your logic I’d have a green light to start taking out OWS. Is this the kind of anarchy you seek?

Be careful what you wish for, OWS! Your actions may write checks your A@S can’t cash! This is what I mean about OWS destroying our country.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Gosh I had to wipe your drool off the thread before I could even reply.

It’s the medication I’m on, sorry!

This was not a demonstration of that to say the least.

I don’t care what you call it – it’s disgraceful and unproductive.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
reply to post by emberscott

Like outright Anarchy would be better in your opinion?

I believe mankind was destined to be the guardians of the flora and fauna of planet Earth.

So far no political system has shared this view with me.

I am not an Anarchist, nor am I an Imperialist.

These kids burning flags are trying to make a statement. Though I don't agree with them burning the American flag, their statement is something that I do understand, and empathize with.

The state of America now, and in the past - has openly sacrificed millions in the name of America.
This is not something to ignore - and because it has been ignored, our country has begun to rival the Soviets, let alone the Nazis.

And through symbology - the connections have piled up to show that many groups have worked together for the common goal of centralization of power on Earth.

It's a touchy subject for me, seeing our flag being burned. I don't like seeing it, but I feel those kids' pain and anger and am glad that we live in a country which allows them to express themselves - though it may be misplaced.

Oakland has looked like a warzone recently. Perhaps you've seen the videos. This has been going on for quite some time now, and what have the Suits done to appease them? More tear gas - what is their plan...

Let them have a good, year-long cry and maybe they will get it out of their system?

Edit: I do not deny the overwhelming evidence that their is a very dangerous agenda taking place within OWS in order to stir up civil unrest - and that flag burning such as this only furthers that agenda. Discord is bad news.

All anger is fear - and it is always misplaced.
edit on 6-7-2012 by ThinkingCap because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Call it whatever the hell else you want.
Just don't call it Occupy.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by seabag

I call it what it is...OWS.

I guess you missed the "We Are The 99%" sign behind the burning flags.

This pic is from Occupy Denver…is this better?

Looks pro-American to me!

edit on 6-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

Did you even bother to read my links?

It wasn't Occupy Oakland, furthermore since you feel you are oh so educated on Occupy... OWS only refers to those that are actually occupying Wall Street and that the 99% and 1% are terms used by Occupy but they didn't originate there... those terms have been around for years.

ETA: You didn't seem to have an issue with destroying the American Flag when the cops did it at Occupy camps. Where was your outrage then? Personally I wouldn't destroy the flag but I recognize is at as a legitimate form of protest.

I guess all cops hate America!
edit on 6-7-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Its clear which side of the party line you stand on. Bashing Obama for not covering his heart and now praising the tea party community for their peaceful efforts. We all know the Republican party is a party of prolonged war for profit. A direct extension of the military industrial complex. Yeah, talk about a walking contradiction...

reply to post by seabag

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Xavier85

Its clear which side of the party line you stand on. Bashing Obama for not covering his heart and now praising the tea party community for their peaceful efforts. We all know the Republican party is a party of prolonged war for profit. A direct extension of the military industrial complex. Yeah, talk about a walking contradiction...

Ya, you’re right!!

Let’s just burn this joint to the ground!!

The Tea Party has virtually nothing in common with the GOP nor any affiliation with the MIC. You know not what you say!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Did you even bother to read my links?

DID YOU READ MINE?? So am I to believe you, an avid OWS supporter, or the news source I linked in the OP?

If ever you hear someone talk about how peaceful and American the Occupy movement is, you need only to send them this story.

Local news reports out of Oakland, Calif., have noted that the Occupy Oakland group held a march on the 4th of July that resulted in vandalism of a police headquarters and a patrol car. And while that’s true, The Blaze has found some of the pictures and video from the event that paint a much more sinister picture — a picture filled with burned American flags and anti-American sentiment.
or iginal link

Let me flip a coin!!

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:18 PM
link   

reply to post by seabag

The Problem there is regardless of your links is that they call themselves Occupiers. They think and feel they are doing the right thing. Somebody asked Seabag what he was doing to better things in the US earlier. I'll ask this. What are the real OWS supporters doing to prevent these types of activities carried out in their name?

Would they come unglued if the Police were to step in and kick some butt to maintain order and would they then jump off their mythical fence on the side of the protesters that don't represent them as being victims of Police brutality?

We've seen that happen here on these boards with regards to those who do not represent OWS etc etc etc before
edit on 6-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Where did those particular people call themselves Occupy anything?
They didn't.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Where did those particular people call themselves Occupy anything?
They didn't.

Thanks for answering my question.

Moving on

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by seabag

A biased source over an Occupier you mean? You are dead wrong here and I wish I could say I was shocked at your lack of integrity to admit it but I'm not.

Did you see any events listed for the fourth on Occupy Oakland's site? Nope. Do you comprehend what it actually means that people broke off and formed a new group because Occupy Oakland was too passive for them? Doubt it.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:25 PM
link   

What are the real OWS supporters doing to prevent thess type of activities carried out in their name?

Excellent point. The answer is NOTHING!

They’ve been complaining about these small groups of anarchists being the trouble makers yet they defend them. I’ve been told many times ‘Occupy won’t exclude anyone’ so they allow this to happen. They mildly denounce it ONLY when called out on it but they DO NOTHING to prevent it.

I’ve said it before and I’ll say it again….they OWN THE ACTIONS OF THESE PEOPLE! I think they are closet-supporters to be quite honest! I think they’re glad to have these instigators among them.

edit on 6-7-2012 by seabag because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:28 PM
link   

We have been around and around with that question. Occupiers do not hold any authority over anyone. Especially other groups of people doing things completely separate from Occupy.

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:34 PM
link   

We have been around and around with that question.

It's a valid question that needs to be addressed. Denying it and or simply regurgitating what you think sounds good does not address it.

Occupiers do not hold any authority over anyone. Especially other groups of people doing things completely separate from Occupy.

Then who is to say they don't represent Occupy? You can't have it both ways. If there is no leadership then whose to say which group represents them?

Some unofficial official website with no authority?

edit on 6-7-2012 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 6 2012 @ 04:42 PM
link   

I must have missed the interviews in the articles where a person participating was asked who they represent. I've read some of your non political non social threads before, why is it that you can't employ the same amount of critical thinking unilaterally? Some guy with crazy hair on a TV show says that aliens built the pyramids so I guess that means it's true. What I see in those articles is assumption and bias.

ETA So you not only want us to police our own actions and arrest vandals, but you want us to go out to any and all protests and police those too?
edit on 6-7-2012 by Kali74 because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join