It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

page: 40
<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:39 PM
link   
reply to post by IpsissimusMagus

I replied to my own post in the hopes that it would all line up but I hope you don't actually think I did that on purpose. As for M.L.....although it is none of my business...she is putting it all out on the line. That alone is Brave Enough in my World to merit a Second Chance. Just Sayen Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Come on, take it to u2u, please? No one cares about your relationship.

I care.

But, I will agree that it should be discussed in private.

I have a question for you Furbs. Why are you such a negative person?

This is now page 40 of this thread. If you haven't made your point yet, what exactly is your point and why are so unwilling to accept that not many people agree with you?

edit on 6/18/2012 by IpsissimusMagus because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:47 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by IpsissimusMagus
reply to post by Furbs

Come on, take it to u2u, please? No one cares about your relationship.

I care.

But, I will agree that it should be discussed in private.

I have a question for you Furbs. Why are you such a negative person?

This is now page 40 of this thread. If you haven't made your point yet, what exactly is your point and why are so unwilling to accept that not many people agree with you?

What makes you think I am a negative person?

Is it because I don't merely sit silently when people spout baseless and idiotic notions about what it means to be a man or woman? If you don't understand that the point I am successfully making is that men and women are both people entitled to equal protection under the law, then maybe my posts aren't meant for you.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:52 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:53 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 09:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

What makes you think I am a negative person?

Is it because I don't merely sit silently when people spout baseless and idiotic notions about what it means to be a man or woman? If you don't understand that the point I am successfully making is that men and women are both people entitled to equal protection under the law, then maybe my posts aren't meant for you.

OK nevermind. Waste of time.

ETA:

Everyone please be on notice that Furbs is now the authority on both men and women.

Even though he is a man. He knows what being a woman is all about. Much better than any woman ever could.
/sarcasm

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:02 PM
link   

I would like that very much....Ty babe...♥

Again my apologies for being so emotional, I tried to add some insight beyond my personal feelings to this thread. and I hope I succeeded. Exit stage left....really wish us all everything good......♥
edit on 18-6-2012 by MountainLaurel because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

That's good.

Can't argue my message so you ad hominem attack me.

Nicely done.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Your message is an ad hominem

Have you ever heard of the word hypocrisy?

------

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Furbs...for a moment...forget what you may think of me.

Please let me ask you this question. Are you currently having an issue with a Woman or Man in a relationship or has that relationship ended? Split Infinity

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Please add something meaningful to discuss, I am begging you.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:15 PM
link   

This is a Sexist Thread! (Men's Rights)

Please return to the topic.
It is advisable to have private conversations via Private Message.....

Thanks.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

Whatever message you think you're expressing. It is completely lost in your negative way of communication.

You lack respect for other people and their opinions. You hold yourself up as some type of authority on this topic. Which you are clearly deluded. No one here has ever said men and women should not have equal protection under the law.

This debate is not just about matters of law. This about the subtle differences that define the sexes. This about why people are treated differently (within the boundaries of legality). This is about men like you who think you know more about women than women themselves. How foolish can you be.

Earlier in this thread I witnessed you trying to correct women about their opinions. I assumed you were a woman by the way you were talking. Now that I find out you're a man it makes sense now. You really sound foolish in my opinion.

No need to remind me that this is just my opinion. You have said that to everyone in this thread you disagreed with. You neglect to remind yourself of the same thing. Your points are just your opinion and in fact I would venture to guess that NO ONE CARES WHAT YOUR OPINION IS.

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:46 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

Whatever message you think you're expressing. It is completely lost in your negative way of communication.

You lack respect for other people and their opinions.

I beg to differ, in fact..

www.abovetopsecret.com...
www.abovetopsecret.com...

You hold yourself up as some type of authority on this topic.

Nope, I'm merely someone who is educated on gender theory. If you infer that I am some kind of authority, I will gladly accept the title however. If you disagree with my positions, please make your case.

Which you are clearly deluded. No one here has ever said men and women should not have equal protection under the law.
This debate is not just about matters of law.

The thread is about Men's Rights.. if you care to reread the OP of the thread you will see that. Sure, it has been derailed for pages and pages of personal stories, but that fact remains.

This about the subtle differences that define the sexes. This about why people are treated differently (within the boundaries of legality). This is about men like you who think you know more about women than women themselves. How foolish can you be.

How foolish I can be? Yeah, I'm the one having relationship problems spewed out all over the forum.

Earlier in this thread I witnessed you trying to correct women about their opinions.

Please quote the post.

I assumed you were a woman by the way you were talking. Now that I find out you're a man it makes sense now. You really sound foolish in my opinion.

No need to remind me that this is just my opinion. You have said that to everyone in this thread you disagreed with. You neglect to remind yourself of the same thing. Your points are just your opinion and in fact I would venture to guess that NO ONE CARES WHAT YOUR OPINION IS.

Then why does it bother you so much that I am sharing it?

posted on Jun, 18 2012 @ 10:48 PM
link   

So well said, this coversation is much "bigger" then equal rights under the law, which really favor both Men and Women, depending on the time, place and time...lol...and the judge.

The fate of the world depends on cooperation between the sexes, I really believe this...lol, not that I figured it out yet, but I KNOW it is important......

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 12:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Furbs

I beg to differ, in fact..

I'm not trying to make this a personal attack on you. I could easily list the many posts you've made that display the lack of respect for others here. You can beg to differ all you want.

Nope, I'm merely someone who is educated on gender theory. If you infer that I am some kind of authority, I will gladly accept the title however. If you disagree with my positions, please make your case.

I really don't care how educated you think you are. There is a big difference between being "book smart" and actually being able to express your own ideas accurately in a way that is not going to ruin your position.

I never inferred that you are an authority. I said you "think" you are an authority. Your statement that you are educated on gender theory does not make you an authority. Clearly your lack of reading comprehension (proven by your misunderstanding of what I said) goes to show that just because you read a book. Does not mean you actually understood it correctly or absorbed the information in the context it was intended.

How foolish I can be? Yeah, I'm the one having relationship problems spewed out all over the forum.

Doesn't bother me that much. You're the one who got upset about it.

Actually you spewed some of your own relationship problems in the post quoted below.

Originally posted by Furbs

Uh.. I got child support from my ex-wife for 6 years.

------------

Then why does it bother you so much that I am sharing it?

It doesn't bother me if that's what you were actually doing. No, what you are actually doing is "spewing" it all over this forum. You've tried to monopolize this thread and IMO you are a borderline troll.

Your derogatory remarks and incessant need to repeat how you think you know better than others has annoyed quite a few people. If you can't see it well then there's not much hope for this conversation.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:35 PM
link   

reply to post by Furbs

------

His message appears to me to be a variant of the ancient Unisex religion, practiced way back in the 1970's. it had few adherents, but major impact, and was a factor in the collapse of civilization that occurred in the 1990's.

The major tenet of that strange religion were that there was no difference between men and women, which they frequently took to the extent of dressing both sexes alike, and even wearing the same hair styles.

It was a very strange religion, and attracted very few followers. I thought it had died out in the 70's but apparently I was mistaken.

I hear bell-bottoms are trying to make a comeback, too.

It turned out, even back then, that humanity recognized that there were differences between men and women, and both genders were damned glad of it!

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 08:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by nenothtu
His message appears to me to be a variant of the ancient Unisex religion, practiced way back in the 1970's. it had few adherents, but major impact, and was a factor in the collapse of civilization that occurred in the 1990's.

The major tenet of that strange religion were that there was no difference between men and women, which they frequently took to the extent of dressing both sexes alike, and even wearing the same hair styles.

It was a very strange religion, and attracted very few followers. I thought it had died out in the 70's but apparently I was mistaken.

I hear bell-bottoms are trying to make a comeback, too.

It turned out, even back then, that humanity recognized that there were differences between men and women, and both genders were damned glad of it!

You seem to be confused.

Gender expressions are quite real, but they are merely social constructs, and to claim they originate in biological differences is to take a position based in ignorance. People continue to make the claim, but no one is able to add anything substantive to the argument in that regard.
edit on 19-6-2012 by Furbs because: misspoke.

posted on Jun, 19 2012 @ 09:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Furbs

You seem to be confused.

Yeah. Gender confusion has never been one of my hallmarks.

Gender expressions are quite real, but they are merely social constructs, and to claim they originate in biological differences is to take a position based in ignorance. People continue to make the claim, but no one is able to add anything substantive to the argument in that regard.

Life must be very interesting around your house, what with everyone having the same estrogen and testosterone levels as everyone else then. It must be that way, otherwise, gender would have a biological basis.

They're REAL different around my house - but that keeps things interesting, too!

top topics

<< 37  38  39    41  42 >>

join