It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I make my own liposomal vit C. This stuff is frickin AMAZING!!!!!

page: 30
<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 05:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by RogerT3
reply to post by MegaMind

Nope, never heard of Harbor Freight. I'm in E. Europe so I buy most stuff off ebay.co.uk!
Sucks for shipping costs!!
edit on 6-6-2012 by RogerT3 because: (no reason given)

I might add a bit of bicarb to reduce the acidity then.
Anyone tested the pH of the mix that goes in the cleaner? If not, that will be my first task

I'll also go to town tomorrow and see if I can find something a bit better

Hey not a bad idea. I have made it that way already. Dissolve equal parts baking soda and asorbic acid in different containers then slowly mix the two together to form sodium ascorbate then proceed from there like normal.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:01 PM
link   

So I unpacked the US cleaner just now and the tank is definitely not stainless steel - looks like some kind of brushed aluminum or Teflon coated alu - not good!
In the instructions, it says: "DO NOT use flammable liquids or acid solvents"!
I'm gonna use it anyway just to test the juice, and if I get similar results to many in this thread I'll be on the lookout for a new all singing and dancing model.

Has anyone done any research on cleaners and have any ideas what spec to look for?
The one I have is 500ml, dual power, 30/50W and operates at 40kHz

Here is a copy of my order from Amazon. The Sonic Cleaner I got, lists price is $110.00 U.S. As you can see, I got it for $29.95 U.S. and Free Shipping. It has a larger than regular tank, and is stainless steel. I looked on ebay, U.S. and there were only 3 of this make and model listed ranging in price from $39.00 to $89.00.

Amazon.com order
Order Total: $59.72

Delivery estimate: June 11, 2012 - June 14, 2012

1 "NOW Foods Vitamin C Crystals, Ascorbic Acid, 1 Pound"
Health and Beauty; $16.30
In Stock
Sold by: Amazon.com

1 "New Trent CD-7810 Professional Ultrasonic Watch, Jewelry, CD and Eyeglass Cleaner"
Electronics; $29.95
In Stock
Sold by: idealpoint

1 "Lecithin Granules Non-GMO 1 Pounds"
Health and Beauty; $13.47
In Stock
Sold by: RED TAG sale

Good Luck!

Des

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:13 PM
link   
Day Three:
Upped the dosage to 1 oz every 12 hours and yes I think I am starting to see an improvement.
Nothing drastic but a general "better" feeling.
No bad side effects, not even jittery, I took a nap this afternoon.
I am thinking about going to 2 oz tomorrow for both doses.
So with me this is taking a higher dosage and more time to kick in it seems.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Nope, never heard of Harbor Freight. I'm in E. Europe so I buy most stuff off ebay.co.uk!
Sucks for shipping costs!!

I might add a bit of bicarb to reduce the acidity then.
Anyone tested the pH of the mix that goes in the cleaner? If not, that will be my first task

I'll also go to town tomorrow and see if I can find something a bit better

I'll change this because it sounds weird now that i think of it but anyway there was a guy with a similar problem and he used a glass bottle within the US or something like that, first reult when you google; liposomal vitamin c whiskey glass

Was just wondering - does ATS have the option to run a poll?
With so many joining the experiment, it would be great to have a simple way to keep track of the trend in experiences:

1. Felt worse
2. Nothing
3. Felt better
4. Felt amazing

or something like that

That would only be a fair assessment if everybody had the exact same potion because there is a good possibility people will make it wrong. I still say it will come down to blood tests.

Oh and even if there isn't any encapsulation, we could do nasal spray

edit on 6-6-2012 by shoeshiner because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:17 PM
link   
reply to post by LemaEcho

Not getting a homogenous mix. I'm using granulated lecithin with no GMO as per the instructions. Yet the mix seems to always separate. One further thing, don't use "hot" water. Made that mistake the first time. It causes the lecithin to coagulate and clump. The water need not be heated, but I still do not get a fully integrated mix. Foam never dissipates even after putting the mixture into the ultrasonic cleaner for well over 1/2 hour. Anyone have better results from this?
edit on 6-6-2012 by Bilk22 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bilk22

Not getting a homogenous mix. I'm using granulated lecithin with no GMO as per the instructions. Yet the mix seems to always separate. One further thing, don't use "hot" water. Made that mistake the first time. It causes the lecithin to coagulate and clump. The water need not be heated, but I still do not get a fully integrated mix. Foam never dissipates even after putting the mixture into the ultrasonic cleaner for well over 1/2 hour. Anyone have better results from this?

The very first time I did it I heated the water for the lethicin and I didn't run the blender very long - I got yellow solids. Since then I have gotten the mixture perfect ...

I let my lethicin soak for 30 min in water. Then I blend it in a blender on high for about 1 minute. I then add the completely dissolved ascrobic acid solution to the blender for another 10 to 20 seconds. Then I put the solution into the cleaner. There is some foam on top. The I run the cleaner for about 30 minutes total, stirring frequently, until all foam is gone. The resulting mixture looks milky white with a just the slightest touch of a yellow/orange hue. The color may resemble egg nog. Texture of course is like water. It is a completely homogenous mix.

edit: this has worked with either the ascorbic acid version or the sodium ascorbate version.

edit on 6-6-2012 by MegaMind because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by MegaMind

Originally posted by Julie Washington
Why hasn't her doctor ever tested for this before. Why hasn't my doctor tested me for this before. I think that the Vit-C and the Glutathione should be part of a standard blood screening during check ups. This is starting to make me mad.

Doctors are generally only interested in what they can prescribe in terms of pharmaceuticals ...

I tend to avoid them as much as possible ...

edit: ... and for that matter pharmaceuticals too

You are so right. I'm currently on high blood pressure, thyroid and cholesterol meds. My doctor holds my medications hostage unless I come in every year for blood work. I've been on the same meds for years with no change.

I'm looking forward to seeing what kind of benefits this might produce for me. I'm especially interested in what kind of metabolism changes I might experience as my metabolism in basically at "zero".

I also get chronic colds with bronchitis that usually last 3-4 week every year.
I don't exercise, eat good most of the time, but sometimes eat bad.

So we'll see. My products are on ordered and I look forward to getting started next week.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:52 PM
link   
Maybe the soaking helps. I'll have to try that. Thanks.

Originally posted by Bilk22

The very first time I did it I heated the water for the lethicin and I didn't run the blender very long - I got yellow solids. Since then I have gotten the mixture perfect ...

I let my lethicin soak for 30 min in water. Then I blend it in a blender on high for about 1 minute. I then add the completely dissolved ascrobic acid solution to the blender for another 10 to 20 seconds. Then I put the solution into the cleaner. There is some foam on top. The I run the cleaner for about 30 minutes total, stirring frequently, until all foam is gone. The resulting mixture looks milky white with a just the slightest touch of orange hue. It is a completely homogenous mix.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:54 PM
link   
As an aside, about 3 years ago I started drinking lots of OJ. I mean a few gallons a week. I was told by some people it wasn't a good thing to do because it could cause all sorts of issues. Well long story short - in that span of time I have not gotten sick. The only side effect was weight gain. Lot's of calories in OJ
I hope this works so I can switch to club soda LOL

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:55 PM
link   

Ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate? I know you can use both to balance pH level but If you look at my last post to do with the bottle in US and you google those keywords, page 5, 3rd post, has something interesting about the two and stating the retail is made with sodium ascorbate.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 06:59 PM
link   
Alright. I have not had diarrhea since taking 3 oz of my solution (ascorbic acid version).

This is SIGNIFICANT!!

Why? Because that is over 3000mg of Vitamin C taken orally at one time.

It is simply impossible with a pill or powder form of C for me to take 3000mg of C at once without diarrhea!

In order to get more C in your body than your gut will tolerate you would have to have the C in an IV (Intravenous).

That is why Liposomal C is so advantageous over regular C. You can take high doses orally without the diarrhea threshold kicking in.

Now since I have exceeded my normal threshold by about 3 x I am sure this C is different than just a dissolved powdered C.

This result supports the hypothesis that this homemade brew is lethicin encapuslated vitamin C - Liposomal C, because this is the result you would expect from Liposomal C

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by shoeshiner

Ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate? I know you can use both to balance pH level but If you look at my last post to do with the bottle in US and you google those keywords, page 5, 3rd post, has something interesting about the two and stating the retail is made with sodium ascorbate.

I'm sorry I don't follow you ...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:09 PM
link   

There is or was a debate that the retail companies don't use ascorbic acid because it may not encapsulate, instead they use sodium ascorbate. I think there is a method to use both to level pH level aswell. Was kind of edging you along to it lol

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:11 PM
link   
I was wondering about the viscosity of the results? if you look at this guy's results, it looks very much like yogurt.

Math Genius

Look at approximately 12:50.

edit on 6-6-2012 by loam because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:16 PM
link   

There is or was a debate that the retail companies don't use ascorbic acid because it may not encapsulate, instead they use sodium ascorbate. I think there is a method to use both to level pH level aswell. Was kind of edging you along to it lol

Oh I see - sort of ...

By "To level ph" do you mean that there is a method to make the solution have a neutral ph whether ascorbic acid or sodium ascorbate

OR

did you mean that the ph of one's body can be leveled using either of the two.

I know that the ascorbic acid solution must surely be acidic, and the sodium ascorbate solution is surely nearly ph neutral.

How they each effect the body's ph I am uncertain. Though I suspect if that was a concern then using sodium ascorbate (ph neutral) would be the preferred solution.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by loam

Looks very liquid to me and very much like mine. It has the consistency of water. And he is right it is slippery or slimy feeling.

It definitely does not have the consistency of yogurt and to me his doesn't look any different than mine ...

Oh never mind I see ... its later than 12:50 mark. hmmm .... still watching ...

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:23 PM
link   

No.

His turns into the consistency of yogurt. You need to watch the video from the point I indicated above for a couple of minutes.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:25 PM
link   

Jump to 13:40.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by loam

No.

His turns into the consistency of yogurt. You need to watch the video from the point I indicated above for a couple of minutes.

Yeah I see what you mean - I edited my post - didn't watch long enough ... still watching ... thanks for linking to this ... interesting.

posted on Jun, 6 2012 @ 07:26 PM
link   

I dont know what to make of that.

<< 27  28  29    31  32  33 >>

join