It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Left-Handed People Equal To Right-Handed People? Apparently Not!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by AFewGoodWomen

Hi a Few

Actually Wolfgang Amade[us] Mozart was RIGHT handed, as was Michel-Angelo Buonarroti. I'll have to check the rest of your list since it is definitely suspect.

The real question remains, of course: SHOULD LEFT HANDED PEOPLE BE ALLOWED TO MARRY LEFT HANDED PEOPLE?

Shouldn't there be a DEFENCE OF RIGHT HANDED MARRIAGE ACT passed by Congress? I mean, if ONLY 10% of the population is LEFT HANDED and 25% of the rest of the population is AMBIDEXTEROUS, and if 10% of the population is primarily HOMOSEXUAL and 25 percent of the rest of the population is primarily BISEXUAL, well, then....

Since when should people ACCEPT a clear abnormaility such as LEFT HANDED NESS?

I mean, Leonardo was LEFT HANDED and HOMOSEXUAL - a double Minority !! No wonder they locked him up for Sogdogmia (figure out what that means !) with Jacopo Saltarelli (a notorious male prostitute and model) in April of 1476, when the pretty boy was not even 24 years old !!!

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
I wonder if it means anything that so many people on this site are lefthanded or ambidextrous compared to the general population? Ambi for me.

As for the life expectancy, maybe quality is more important than quantity?

very interesting topic.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by AFewGoodWomen
Geez, it makes one wonder if the Illuminati is a group of left-handed people!
I wonder what Alistair Crowley was (not that I agree with his views).

No doubt a lot of lefties there too. Big picture people looking toward the future, whether you like some of their visions is another thing.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 09:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by unityemissions
It goes both ways. Lefties tend to be more off from the norm in any which way. I view us all as more of an experiment than rigid design as most righties seem to be be. We are more likely to be at least two deviations above the norm on an IQ test, and also more likely to have immune diseases.

I read a section of an online book once that went into detail how elevated prenatal testosterone levels in the womb (from the mother) , contributes to a smaller thymus gland, and an enlarged right hemisphere.

Immune system disorders are also 2-3X more common in the gifted

I never really bothered to notice the difference between left-handed items and right-handed, I just adapted and choose not to care. The only time I truly noticed something being for right handers was at school using the scissors. I learned early to hold the scissors at a particular angle to make the cut, and later on felt fine switching to my right hand.

I see no reason why I should be more accident prone.

We're obviously a bit funky, but I'm weary of these results that show we don't live as long. What about controlling for the idiots who die out early? Say before 50 years of age?? I doubt there's much of a difference in mortality.

I cope with having a weak immune system in various ways, from hand washing dishes (a little bit of funk a day, keeps the RX away!!) , to taking vitamin-c and b-vitamins, cooking my own whole meals, and of course walking in sandals or barefoot as much as possible.
I could have wrote this
The IQ thing, immune issues (notice you mentioned hands & feet yea, me too) "We're Obviously a bit funky" ain't that the truth

I can not imagine being any different than how I am and actually feel like I have been given a special gift. I am definatly right lobe dominate & ADHD (which I think is only because of having so much interesting stuff going on in my brain at once, well I would like to think that)
and I really dig it! (when I employ my "coping skills")
Bet you have a lot of interests, hobbies and are the "go to" guy/gal for everyone you know too huh?

As far as a short life expectancy......I blame the right handed nitwits (not all righties, just the nitwits) out there who don't and can't understand us. They can really stress us lefties out sometimes, and as we all know stress is not a life extender. It would not surprise me to discover that we get get killed by being in the way of their right handed blundering and inane ways of trying to run the world!

Maybe that's one reason we're so smart, having to stay on our toes

just a thought.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by PurpleChiten
I wonder if it means anything that so many people on this site are lefthanded or ambidextrous compared to the general population? Ambi for me.

very interesting topic.

It's so cool being Ambi, is it not. Have you tried writing with both hands at the same time yet ? It's fun and freaks some people out. And you get to see both of your personalities as each handwriting is different.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fromabove

Originally posted by PurpleChiten

very interesting topic.

It's so cool being Ambi, is it not. Have you tried writing with both hands at the same time yet ? It's fun and freaks some people out. And you get to see both of your personalities as each handwriting is different.

yup, and if I get tired of writing with one hand, I just switch over to the other

Very good at writing upside down too!
edit on 14-5-2012 by PurpleChiten because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:21 PM
link   
Maybe left handed people evolve and ascend faster than other people that's why we don't have to spend as much time in this crude existence than other people, because we are able to see things on better ways, maybe because we learn faster than other people , maybe because we don't deserve to suffer this limited existence than other people, or maybe we just have unique qualities that don't require us to spend as much time EVOLVING than right handed people.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:57 PM
link   
wtf? are left handed people also more easily offended than right handed people?
i can't believe the way people are attacking the OP. he obviously wasn't meaning any harm. he posted some interesting facts that he found on cracked. you people need to take a chill pill.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:59 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

I was naturally born a lefty but nuns forced me to be a righty by tying my left arm behind my back until I learned to be a righty. What does that make me? Does that balance out the unequal equation of the lefty disposition?

Strange.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
I am a left handed citizen, and I demand equal rights. When I was younger I was chastised for being left handed in handwriting class (back when they still had that class). Now that I am older my chosen profession has showed me another major problem is a lot of firearms are made with right handed people in mind. I recently got a new M&P 40 which can actually be adjusted for lefties, unlike my old Glock which was very unfriendly to me as a LEFT handed shooter.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:45 PM
link   
Ive just been reading here mostly and I think its kind of funny how some of you feel like being left handed is a hardship.
I mean sure,its sometimes an inconvenience but a hardship is kind of a stretch but thats just my opinion

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Being left handed evidently is like a disability, maybe I can apply and get some money every month for my pain and suffering................................................

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:52 PM
link   
left handed for what?

writing?

I shoot and write left handed, everything else is right.
edit on 14-5-2012 by yourmaker because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ANOMALY502

Being left handed evidently is like a disability, maybe I can apply and get some money every month for my pain and suffering................................................

Lmao, yea I can see the interview now.
State your disability please...
/cry I am left handed
/eek omg you poor,poor thing.
hehehe

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:56 PM
link   
reply to post by purplemer

LOL I agree with this ,, and yes I am left handed

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:58 PM
link   

Truthfully I am left bodied? (I dont think thats an actual term) I do everything left handed, kick with my left foot, left eye dominant, and I have never given it a second thought and really don't care to tell you the truth. I dont think personally there are any differences whatsoever between left and right handed people (besides what hand you wipe your butt with......
)
edit on 14-5-2012 by ANOMALY502 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:04 AM
link   
Yeah, Wow this really sheds some light on what the hell is wrong with my wife. Mood swings galore don't know what way she is coming or going just stay out of the way! Article was a great read had many comments of FB from family and friends Thanks for the Tread.

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:45 AM
link   
Great, I'm a lefty, and now everyone's after me.

Could be worse I suppose, I could be a drummer..

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 12:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by ZiggyStardust
wtf? are left handed people also more easily offended than right handed people?
i can't believe the way people are attacking the OP. he obviously wasn't meaning any harm. he posted some interesting facts that he found on cracked. you people need to take a chill pill.

Sheesh...another righty!
lol

posted on May, 15 2012 @ 01:02 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Many thanks for raising this interesting topic, Modern Academia. interesting to hear people's replies, regarding benefits and drawbacks of being left handed. like many others, I was " encouraged " ( ? ) to use my right hand for writing, as a child, ( Many, many, summers ago! ) but persisted, and got away with using my left hand, though as an adult, using items designed for right handed persons, I have become semi ambidextrous.

I do find my self over analysing things, and thinking too deeply, but this has been generally beneficial as I go through life. I do find right handed people don.t seem to be in tune with my thought processes on any given topic.
I.e. what makes sense to me does,nt make sense to them..... No disrespect intended to right handed a intended.

On the health front, I,m in my mid fifties and my only health issue is having the " Raynauds syndrome " I also have green eyes and blond hair, and a fiery temper, once roused. Make what you will of all that !

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join