It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are Left-Handed People Equal To Right-Handed People? Apparently Not!

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:38 AM
link   
Reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well, in that case... I don't think left handed people and right handed people should be able to get married. Two left handed people certainly shouldn't be allowed to. Its un-natural! How will they ever raise children??? A left-handed person raising a child in a right handed world?? Blasphemy!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:43 AM
link   
Yes it is true, there is inequality in being left handed......

My son is pretty gifted academically, always in the top group for maths, spelling age at the upper end of the scale, yada yada......

Being a leftie has really sucked, and been a total disadvantage for him (end sarcasm)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by kaylaluv
Well, if you are referring to using this analogy with how gays are treated, I wouldn't hesitate to use it.

Left-handers: born that way, about 10% of the population, deserve to be treated with the same respect, and given the same rights as right-handers.

Homosexuals: born that way, about 10% of the population, deserve to be treated with the same respect, and given the same rights as heterosexuals

Sure, but I didn't mean in terms of rights or anythign like that

edit on 14-5-2012 by ModernAcademia because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:48 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Actually, I've learned to control the manicness of my mind too, but I still tire myself out by the end of the day, and it sometimes (if I have to admit to myself) makes for not a romantic wife, but I can't help it, and the hubby is used to it after so many years! Fortunately he thinks it's cute.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 10:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by itswhatev
Reply to post by ModernAcademia

Well, in that case... I don't think left handed people and right handed people should be able to get married. Two left handed people certainly shouldn't be allowed to. Its un-natural! How will they ever raise children??? A left-handed person raising a child in a right handed world?? Blasphemy!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Good point! Should left-handers be allowed to get married??? Should they be allowed to have children, considering they might breed more left-handers??

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kaylaluv

Lol, to late. Already been married, had children and divorced. Unfortunately, I passed the "curse" down to my 14 yr old daughter.
As long as someone doesnt call CPS on me, Im ok.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Hrmm... tools aye? I tried to use a hammer once and almost cut my head off!!

I blame my parents, I naturally tended towards being a lefty, but they forced me to use my right hand.

So I'm completely lousy with spacial awareness, mathematically retarded, and can't string two words together to save my life. They ruined everything!

Not to mention what happens when I try to use a screwdriver...

edit on 14-5-2012 by mainidh because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Have you ever noticed how many actors are left handed? And other types of artists? I am in an artistic field myself. How about leaders? There are quite a few lefties in that area, especially the top. Lefties seem to understand a worldly vision well. We are high concept people, it seems. Maybe the world only needs about 10% of these and 90% of the the rest to make it all run on a daily basis.

I am just ruminating here, no offense to either hand.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I have a few ways of replying to the manic states.

In a general sense, I am less dramatic and manic-depressive as the years roll on. I think there is an actual neurobiological reason for this. The brain is maturing as we age, and so may be better able to balance itself as it gets "burned in".

I also note that when I'm most true with myself, I can center myself out of any emotional flux. I like to lie to myself and play the fool in distress, most of the time, though. It makes for a more daring adventure!! If I didn't allow myself to lose control from time to time, life would be boring.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:03 AM
link   
OP you only seem to be pointing out the negative aspects related to left handedness and hinting that you believe we are deffective human beings, which i find quite offensive. If you delve a little deeper into the subject you will find that left handed people excel in a lot of different areas, both intellectually and physically..

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 11:13 AM
link   
reply to post by unityemissions

Completely agree on all points. Ah, the games we've created to make it all worthwhile. And, yes the maturing mind did get me through so much of the manic.

My one son is ambidextrous and I can see how he uses both sides of his brain at a given time. I do believe he will go far, he is quite brilliant if I do say so myself.

Ok, Lefties Rock! I've got to run.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SunnyDee

I'm not a lefty and I do the same thing. I've felt different all my life. Always treated differently too. I don't always get along with others. I had a sister that was left/right handed and had schizo problems. She's probably the most messed up one in the family. But we're all kind of messed up.

I did a personality test twice three years apart and both times it said INTP. P is weak(est).

Don't let left or right define you too much. Let time bare it out. You're who you're, ultimately.
edit on 14-5-2012 by jonnywhite because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:07 PM
link   
reply to post by jonnywhite

xNxP is definitely "right brained".

They use either Fi or Ti and Ne as their dominant and auxiliary function. Both are of the right-brain.

Just because you're a righty doesn't mean you're not right brained.

ENFP, here

edit on 14-5-2012 by unityemissions because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by volafox
I remember being told that in the bad old days, being left handed was a sign of being in league with the devil. Since similar attributes of this include being red headed, green eyed, allergic to silver, and other odds and ends, I'm pretty much screwed.

I had a red headed, green eyed GF once, I would tend to agree with your assessment in some ways. BTW she threw laft handed

eta, we are still friends
edit on 5/14/2012 by hoagy1199 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:39 PM
link   
Wanna know another profession that has a higher ratio of lefties? Law enforcement.

Dad's a leftie. I was born left handed but they trained me to be right. That was a blessing for me. I'm ambidextrous. The only thing I can't do with my left is write and that's because, unlike my right, I never trained it to. It sure makes things like working on cars easier. Ever had that bolt you couldn't do anything with with your right? No prob.

It's a right hand world. It comes in handy to be able to use both.

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atzil321
OP you only seem to be pointing out the negative aspects related to left handedness

No
I am quoting the article is what I am doing

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:12 PM
link   
reply to post by ModernAcademia

Meh...

My mom was a leftie. They forced her to learn to write with her right hand when she was a child. She didn't have any mental issues. But her kids were screwed up.

True story

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Ok, lefty here.
The only thing I know that was "odd" about me from the beginning so Im told and vaguely remember is the fact that when I first started reading and writing I did it all backwards. Apparently I knew what I read and wrote so they tell me. In other words I had comprehension of what I read even though I read it right to left. Not sure when they got me turned around or how, but I was always way ahead of the class as far as reading skills went. To this day I am still a very avid reader.

I was fortunate that they didnt try to make me switch hands to hard, seems it was a lost cause as I was adamant about using my left.

I like others that have posted am also the artsy type, lol I dont see the music in math though! Add subtract, multiply, divide, Im happy with that, no other interest in math things.

Just a side note here, people do know they can set their mouse for either hand under their mouse settings yes?

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:40 PM
link   
reply to post by intrepid

It's very cool that you are ambidextrous! Here's another interesting figure who was a known ambidextrous, among other traits.

Francis Bacon made it appear that he died on Easter Sunday, April 9, 1626, and that he even attended his own "funeral" in disguise. He then supposedly traveled secretly to Transylvania (now part of Romania) to the Rakoczy Mansion, where he is said to have continued preparations for his physical Ascension. Since Francis Bacon was sighted in the area at various times over the following decades, the local people concluded that he must be a member of the Rakoczy family (possibly related to to Prince Ferenc Rakoczy II of Transylvania). Finally on May 1, 1684 he is believed to have attained his physical Ascension. Not wanting to leave humanity in the "physical octave" without his direct visible assistance, he asked the Karmic Board for a special Dispensation to allow him to function in a physical tangible body among embodied mankind for a limited time period — even though he was already an Ascended Master. He was granted his request at the direct intercession of the Goddess of Liberty, and reappeared as "Le Comte de Saint Germain", the "Wonderman of Europe" in the 18th and 19th centuries, or so the story goes.

he was ambidextrous and could compose simultaneously a letter with one hand and poetry with the other, or two identical pieces of writing with each hand

trianglebook.50megs.com...

Voltaire called him "the man who knew everything." In addition to French, English, German, Italian, Spanish and Portuguese, he spoke Greek, Arabic, Chinese and Sanskrit. This polymath was a great entertainer, both as conversationalist and virtuoso violinist who composed music. He could improvise on the piano, also. There is sheet music in the British Museum, dated 1745 and 1760, composed by St. Germain. There is a book of music he composed in Bohemia for Prince de Lobkowitz.

trianglebook.50megs.com...
edit on 14-5-2012 by ThirdEyeofHorus because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 14 2012 @ 01:46 PM
link   
more than likely, there are strengths and weakenesses associated to each group, and they are just picking out some of the weaknesses of the one to support the position that they want to take....

ya know, like the lefties are more prone for add, but the righties are more prone to a separate set of learning disabilities. so, in the end, it all balances out.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join