It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US should return stolen land to Indian tribes, says United Nations

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:10 PM
link   
So, what do you think? Spoils of war or theft?

And there is also the issue of the UN sticking there nose in American business, which I disagree with and would also like to take this opportunity to tell them to go to hell.

Source

A United Nations investigator probing discrimination against Native Americans has called on the US government to return some of the land stolen from Indian tribes as a step toward combatting continuing and systemic racial discrimination. James Anaya, the UN special rapporteur on the rights of indigenous peoples, said no member of the US Congress would meet him as he investigated the part played by the government in the considerable difficulties faced by Indian tribes.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Juggernog

Well, we now know what they think. I appreciate the UN's seeming need to share their worthless views on other nation's internal matters, but worthless they are since their jurisdiction ends at around the curb of their building in New York City.

To be more direct.....What member nations were a part of this and what are THEIR internal issues about historic land claims and disputes? I'll just bet there are few nations on Earth that this can't be turned right back on and used to stomp them with.

If the UN thinks they are suddenly perfect and can just walk across the Hudson like Jesus Christ himself, then feel free to say how all nations are bad. Until then....I still say we should have a big moving party and help the UN decamp our city.

I can't help it...I had to come back and add a thought. It's too tailor made...

.........Isn't there some land in New York that needs returned to it's owners too? Wouldn't the Citzens of New York City have some uses for the land there? Surely some use would come to mind...I know there is just so much prime real estate sitting idle.
..glass houses and stones.. The UN needs a lesson on that concept, IMO.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:18 PM
link   
While I do think there needs to be something done that allows native populations to have more say and access to resources and self government, no one owns the land, so its something that needs to be different than any UN decision, and I always would like to see natives, enriched, they should be living middle middle class lives at the bottom level of support, with tons of services.

However, this to me is agenda 21.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Theft big time...give them their rights back....I feel ashamed for what my people did

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:19 PM
link   
What...the US doesn't like someone butting into their business?

How odd...

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Go ahead, take it. We can afford to give away a few dozen square miles.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:23 PM
link   
The UN should start,by finding another country, to hang its Disastrous flag,as headquarters.................

edit on 4-5-2012 by sonnny1 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:28 PM
link   
They should be allowed to return to the land if they so desire and rebuild a culture and way of life destroyed in a malicious, callous, and calculated manner.

This nation has such a vast wealth of lands devoid of men that once knew the natives and they should be allowed to be the proper stewards of our lands that they always were. So much more respect is due than we have ever shown. We took so much of these people and depend on so many of their gifts to this very day we are indeed in debt after giving them nothing but the worst of ourselves.

They should be allowed to return to the lives that their ancestors knew, and the ones that stay behind should be accepted as our own rather than divided.
edit on 4-5-2012 by LaughingatHumanity because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:31 PM
link   
My personal opinion is, the Indians got the shaft but thats what happens when a technologically superior civilization meets a lesser one (Alien enthusiasts take note)
However, during war, the winning side also has the right to take the land of the country that it conquered, thats the tradition at least.

This isnt the point of this thread though. The point is, the UN and their encroachment on a Nations society.
This may or may not have some relation to Obamas dumbass decision to allow the US to be subject to the ICC ( International Criminal Court)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Juggernog
My personal opinion is, the Indians got the shaft but thats what happens when a technologically superior civilization meets a lesser one (Alien enthusiasts take note)
However, during war, the winning side also has the right to take the land of the country that it conquered, thats the tradition at least.

This isnt the point of this thread though. The point is, the UN and their encroachment on a Nations society.
This may or may not have some relation to Obamas dumbass decision to allow the US to be subject to the ICC ( International Criminal Court)

America is not "superior" , ^that^ post has destroyed your thread.

Someone needs to put America in its place , and stop the domination of the world.

But if the UN give this land back to the tribes , then they`ll have to give America back to us ....... since it was stolen by inbred criminals who wanted everything for free. Now look at them , dominating global markets with dirty tricks.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:42 PM
link   

I agree with you completely on the problem vs. the PROBLEM here. lol..... Another thread recently for this turned real nasty with people losing sight of the fact the debate many of us were passionate about was the UN and their unmitigated gall to force their way into our internal affairs. I think you're right that if we're talking about the Native Americans and UN attempts at power grabs aren't part of the discussion, then the whole topic turns very strongly in a different direction.

The UN can just go debate something and delegate stuff. It's what they seem to exist for, and they can kindly just go do these things elsewhere. They aren't exactly known as the great hope arriving to save everyone when the U.N. lands anyway. A good portion of Africa probably wishes they'd never hear of them.
edit on 4-5-2012 by Wrabbit2000 because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:44 PM
link   
First returning land to Indians then we'll be cutting reparation checks. I'm sure some Chinese Americans will want some money for discrimination. Maybe Mexico will want some land back too.

ALL on the back of the guilty white man... shame on them.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 10:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by MeesterB
First returning land to Indians then we'll be cutting reparation checks. I'm sure some Chinese Americans will want some money for discrimination. Maybe Mexico will want some land back too.

ALL on the back of the guilty white man... shame on them.

Mexico has already taken these steps or at least the Mexicans in the US have.
You wont hear much about it on the MSM but it has been going on for years.
They still claim that the southern half of California, portions of Arizona, New Mexico and parts of Texas, still belong to them, even though these land were taken after a military defeat.
Seriously though, if we want to talk about colonialism, then its the UK that should be at the top of the list.

edit on 4-5-2012 by Juggernog because: (no reason given)

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   

I agree with you, this has always been the way of our species. So if our faux government listens to the UN, will we compell the UN to do it to every other country in the world? Because we are not the first nor the last.

By the way, to one of the other posters who stated they are sorry for what their people did...were your people really involved?

Because mine came from Ireland and Italy in 1918....we had nothing to do with it....didn't own slaves either, actually my people were treated pretty crappy.

Sorry off topic, but we are a sovereign nation....we don't need no stinking UN....butt OUT!

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:00 PM
link   
I knew this was coming....it is all a part of Agenda 21. Of course, the plan is not to give the land to the Indians but rather to keep it under the UN auspices for the "rewilding of America".

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:01 PM
link   
I knew this was coming....it is all a part of Agenda 21. Of course, the plan is not to give the land to the Indians but rather to keep it under the UN auspices for the "rewilding of America".

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:04 PM
link   
Just for chits and giggles, let's make Mexico a state just to annoy the UN....they all want to live here anyway, right?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RockLobster

Someone needs to put America in its place , and stop the domination of the world.

Domination of the World..........

Laughable. America is its own country .

See the many flags?

Putting America in its place?

Americans should put America back in its place.

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:07 PM
link   
But didn't we steal the whole USA from the Indians, do we just give it back and leave? Do we give them the national debt with it?

posted on May, 4 2012 @ 11:08 PM
link   

I'm right behind the Native Americans 110%; it's time to return if not all but much of the original lands to the tribes!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join