It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths magnetic pole reversal is happening NOW!!!

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:13 PM
link   
Well that's it folks! More than one poster here has tossed science out on it's ear! The fact that science is not able to detect a magnetic shift for our planet, can also mean that science is unable to detect a HMO or anything else for that matter. Science is either right or wrong or somewhere in between, but according to some, it only works for the benefit of their own beliefs!

edit on 23-3-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:18 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Ask a Physicist

Same link posted again. (Hope it works this time - although it worked okay from where I was sitting). Now...as for me being rude....that was not my intention. Nor is it now.

The op asked if a magnetic pole shift could be behind mass extinctions....but....at the end of the op's own video the 'experts' state quite clearly that the end of the human race or any other mass extinction will not occur because the Earth loses it's magnetic shield. (Just like at the end of the link to the vid I have posted. As Phage has already stated in this thread - it its our atmosphere that shields us. Three rights must make a right.

I'm tired of psychological terrorism on issues so vast they can but add to my ever growing inferiority complex.

Had this story appeared in the newspapers it would have been described as a non-story. Yes the poles will shift....no they don't know when. The answer to the 'so what question' is being sought here......but there is no 'so what'...no dire consequences....no potential doom.....no mass extinctions. The worst that will happen is that our compasses will no longer work.
edit on 23-3-2012 by christina-66 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:30 PM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

The magnetic shield seems to protect the atmosphere - if the shield is eroded or lost, seems the atmosphere will be affected adversely. According to NASA, Mars' lost atmosphere can be tracked back 4 billion years. Probably not a time frame we need to worry about here and now. Not to suggest the pole flip won't have other major effects.

NASA

...Without a substantial magnetosphere to protect it, much of Mars's atmosphere is exposed directly to fast-moving particles from the Sun.

...Lacking a planet-wide magnetic field, most of the Red Planet is exposed to the full force of the incoming solar wind. "The Martian atmosphere extends hundreds of kilometers above the surface where it's ionized by solar ultraviolet radiation," says Dave Mitchell, a space scientist at the University of California at Berkeley. "The magnetized solar wind simply picks up these ions and sweeps them away."
"In 1989 the Soviet Phobos probe made direct measurements of the atmospheric erosion," he continued. When the spacecraft passed through the solar wind wake behind Mars, onboard instruments detected ions that had been stripped from Mars's atmosphere and were flowing downstream with the solar wind. "If we extrapolate those Phobos measurements 4 billion years backwards in time, solar wind erosion can account for most of the planet's lost atmosphere."

S&F&

Especially, thanks for the summary. No time to view vids, would much rather skim copy.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by burntheships

Ask a Physicist

Same link posted again. (Hope it works this time - although it worked okay from where I was sitting). Now...as for me being rude....that was not my intention. Nor is it now.

The op asked if a magnetic pole shift could be behind mass extinctions....but....at the end of the op's own video the 'experts' state quite clearly that the end of the human race or any other mass extinction will not occur because the Earth loses it's magnetic shield. (Just like at the end of the link to the vid I have posted. As Phage has already stated in this thread - it its our atmosphere that shields us. Three rights must make a right.

I'm tired of psychological terrorism on issues so vast they can but add to my ever growing inferiority complex.

Had this story appeared in the newspapers it would have been described as a non-story. Yes the poles will shift....no they don't know when. The answer to the 'so what question' is being sought here......but there is no 'so what'...no dire consequences....no potential doom.....no mass extinctions. The worst that will happen is that our compasses will no longer work.

Apparently my link was missed so here it is again for your perusal! www.teara.govt.nz...

And notice the addy (.gov)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Possible proof of a pole shift....

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The NOAA National Geophysical Data Center has updated (revised – massaged) their magnetic north pole-shift positional data and has projected the location of the pole through 2015. The pole shift, if you will, continues to race along in the same direction since it dramatically accelerated back in the mid 1990′s. But…
NOAA made some significant and apparently linear changes to the pole location data going back to the years 2001 through 2010. The most noticeable result of the changes that they made was an overall linear slow down of the shift during the past decade, although still currently high at 30 miles per year. They have projected positional data through 2015 and have slowed the pace of movement each subsequent year from 30 miles (2012) to 24 miles (2015).
No apparent reason for the change was listed. A 10 year change nonetheless! Given the fact that they suddenly changed their previously posted data of the previous decade to indicate a slower pole-shift progression, they are now able to project a slowing trend through 2015. If it were not for changing their own data, they would not have been able to project this trend through 2015. It is beginning to look like the USGS, who when they change their earthquake magnitude numbers, they always (95% of the time) revise them downward. The revisions made are always in a ‘less alarming’ direction.
The following map shows the position of the magnetic north pole, and its shift since 1977. Read here for the past 400 years of magnetic north pole shift. Clearly it can be seen where the annual pole location begins to spread during the mid 1990′s when the acceleration rapidly increased.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

Apparently you have taken what I've said and misconstrued it. I never did put science "on its ear"...how can you say that when I just told you that I am a WELL-GROUNDED SCIENTIST?

You must be young and very immature thus lite on wits.

200 years of observation does not account for the creation of all in existence.

Even with all of the high-tech scientific instrumentation that is available to the most vigilant of the scientific community comes limitations.

Any true scientist knows this. I visit and chat with my NASA Glenn colleagues periodically and they will tell you the same thing.

Trained minds are limited in abilities as well.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59

And notice the addy (.gov)

Actually it's .govt.nz
And you trust the government?

The earth’s magnetic field helps protect living things from harmful radiation.

www.teara.govt.nz...

Yes, it helps a bit by capturing charged particles. The atmosphere offers far more protection than the magnetosphere does. If it weren't for the atmosphere people living at high latitudes would have a real problem (other than just breathing, I mean).

The magnetosphere has no effect on neutral particles or electromagnetic radiation.

edit on 3/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

May I humbly enquire as to how the '.govt' link you posted has any bearing on magnetic pole shifts?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
reply to post by ajay59

Apparently you have taken what I've said and misconstrued it. I never did put science "on its ear"...how can you say that when I just told you that I am a WELL-GROUNDED SCIENTIST?

Even with all of the high-tech scientific instrumentation that is available to the most vigilant of the scientific community comes limitations.

Any true scientist knows this. I visit and chat with my NASA Glenn colleagues periodically and they will tell you the same thing.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:39 PM
link   
People who trust the government usually are the worst of the misinformed....i.e. lab rats.

~ deuce

*keep on drinking that tap water ajay59 it is working wonders for you...

edit on 23-3-2012 by maestromason because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by ajay59

Originally posted by maestromason
reply to post by ajay59

I'm sorry, I was unaware that I pointed a finger at anyone. What you perceive as an accusation direct at you, resides in your own mind! Shame at you for name calling as I thought that was frowned upon here!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:47 PM
link   

This is all from NOAA's site.....

previous NOAA data revised NOAA data
Latitude Longitude year Latitude Longitude
80.815 -109.568 2001 80.772 -109.478
81.268 -110.89 2002 81.225 -110.807
81.714 -112.344 2003 81.67 -112.268
82.193 -114.095 2004 82.149 -114.026
82.623 -115.892 2005 82.578 -115.83
83.127 -118.178 2006 82.996 -117.828
83.579 -120.578 2007 83.443 -120.273
83.981 -123.067 2008 83.838 -122.814
84.37 -125.881 2009 84.218 -125.681
84.742 -129.077 2010 84.548 -128.62

2011 84.86 -131.91
2012 85.154 -135.594
2013 85.396 -139.28
2014 85.618 -143.339
2015 85.791 -147.26

They even show where the pole will be in 2015

www.abovetopsecret.com...
globalrumblings.blogspot.com...
www.ngdc.noaa.gov...

Why or who changed the NOAA information to show a pole shift who knows?

Update: Never mind, didn't realize this was a cat fight, thought this was a serious thread about the pole shifting.
edit on 23-3-2012 by PageAlaCearl because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by christina-66
reply to post by ajay59

May I humbly enquire as to how the '.govt' link you posted has any bearing on magnetic pole shifts?

It was stated by another poster that the magnetosphere does not protect from radiation. That statement was clearly misleading so I thought it was important!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

You mean me? I did not say the magnetosphere does not protect us from radiation. I said it does not protect us much.

While the magnetosphere does divert charged particles toward the magnetic poles it doesn't really do much to protect us from solar or cosmic radiation. Electromagnetic radiation and neutral particles are unaffected by the Earth's magnetic field. It is our atmosphere which mainly protects us, even at the poles.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Manhater

hehehee - i was thinking you were on to something since my kid has had a change in behavior but his has gone the other way!!!!

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
reply to post by ajay59

You mean me? I did not say the magnetosphere does not protect us from radiation. I said it does not protect us much.

While the magnetosphere does divert charged particles toward the magnetic poles it doesn't really do much to protect us from solar or cosmic radiation. Electromagnetic radiation and neutral particles are unaffected by the Earth's magnetic field. It is our atmosphere which mainly protects us, even at the poles.

And if the magnetosphere were no-existent.....? What has science or you for that matter speculate on such an Idea? Just would like to be a little more clear.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:03 PM
link   
where is my compass, why it seem to be facing east were the sun rise, ok northeast it most be and have to till it down at an angle

edit on 23-3-2012 by YodleAjax because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

If the magnetosphere were non-existant those charged particles would impact the upper atmosphere all over the planet instead of almost entirely near the magnetic poles. Particles of solar origin would impact only the dayside of the planet, galactic particles the entire globe.

So secondary radiation effects of charged particles would show a slight increase at lower latitudes. Neutral particle radiation and electromagnetic radiation would show no change.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I'm no expert so I have to ask, Is there a chance that with the magnetosphere severely weakened or down, could the lack of protection be detrimental to the atmosphere itself? Could this be hazardous to lifeforms on the planet in the long run?

Also, I had assumed that radiation from the sun and space in general was deflected to the poles because of shape that the magnetosphere assumes. Is this not true?
edit on 23-3-2012 by ajay59 because: to add

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

That has been discussed. In the very long term, perhaps.

But since there have been many reversals in the past, there really isn't any reason to think the next one (whenever it may occur) would be any different. There is no reason to think that the magnetosphere would disappear for an extended period of time.

edit on 3/23/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join