It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Earths magnetic pole reversal is happening NOW!!!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by VoidHawk

FYI:

Item:

Magnetic Polar Shifts Causing Massive Global Superstorms
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327

Magnetic Polar Shifts Causing Massive Global Superstorms

www.salem-news.com

NASA has been warning about it…scientific papers have been written about it…geologists have seen its traces in rock strata and ice core samples…
Now "it" is here: an unstoppable magnetic pole shift that has sped up and is causing life-threatening havoc with the world's weather.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

The author of the article added links to some interesting articles as well. I've highlighted a couple articles in yellow that delve into the "Mysterious Interstellar Energy Cloud". You may have read about that here on ATS also.

2002 - Scientists may have detected the beginning of the field's next such reversal:
[www.scientificamerican.com...]
2005 - Movement of North Magnetic Pole is accelerating:
[www.physorg.com...]
2008 - Earth's Core, Magnetic Field Changing Fast, Study Says
[news.nationalgeographic.com...]
2008 - Magnetic Portals Connect Earth to Sun
[science.nasa.gov...]
2009 - North Magnetic Pole Moving Due to Core Flux
[news.nationalgeographic.com...]
2009 - The earth's climate is significantly affected by the planet's magnetic field:
[www.terradaily.com...]
Jan 2011 - British Geological Survey *Possible Pole Shift Occurring* South Atlantic Anomaly is Growing:
[www.bgs.ac.uk...]
2009 - A strong, highly-tilted interstellar magnetic field near the Solar System:
[www.nature.com...]
2009 - The solar system is passing through an interstellar cloud that physics says should not exist:
[science.nasa.gov...]

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:12 AM
link   
Reversals don't happen in a day, they take time and lots of it. This isn't hollywood were everything happens in a 2 hour movie. Reversals can take thousands of years to occur and they are gradual.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by TWISTEDWORDS
Reversals don't happen in a day, they take time and lots of it. This isn't hollywood were everything happens in a 2 hour movie. Reversals can take thousands of years to occur and they are gradual.

Perhaps the Magnetic Interstellar Cloud the Solar System is starting to pass through (see my above post) will contribute to a "tipping point".

Astronomers call the cloud we're running into now the Local Interstellar Cloud or "Local Fluff" for short.
science.nasa.gov...

edit on 3/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: fluff

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:22 AM
link   
reply to post by this_is_who_we_are

Yes, this has been known for some years. let me ask you a question. Even if a doom and gloom were come to pass, what on earth you could you do about it? Let's just say the earth flipped its lid tomorrow and everything went belly up. We lose half our atmosphere. Would you honestly want to even be alive? How could you sustain life for thousands of years in a bunker when you couldn't grow anything or have livestock? Either way we would go extinct and nothing you could do about it.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:26 AM
link   

That's the graph shown in the video. As we can see it takes a very long time for a significant change in the magnetic field to take place. So I highly doubt there's anything to worry about in our life times. Furthermore, look where it is now, it's been much much weaker in the past. It could simply by trying to even its self back out to the base line where it likes to sit.

What I actually find more interesting, is the way it rapidly increased over that short period of time. It seems to be coming back down at the same rate. Now what could have caused the strength of the magnetic field to increase so rapidly? Seems like a question which is just as important, if not more important than asking why it is decreasing so fast.
edit on 23-3-2012 by ChaoticOrder because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:27 AM
link   

Yes, this has been known for some years.

Yes. Yes it has. Since 2009.
The "Interstellar Magnetic Cloud" or "Fluff" is a relatively new discovery.
Some readers may not be aware of the information.
So I presented it is for general consumption.
edit on 3/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: 2009

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 10:53 AM
link   
Very interesting video with a lot of information I have not been aware of.

Especially the experiment with antique pottery, which stores the strength of the magnetic field at the moment it is burnt.

S&F

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:04 AM
link   
this will nock you read immanuel velikovskys worlds in collision THE 23RD MARCH 747 BC . lara croft tells her butler today is not a good dayon the 23rd of march in the film tombraider . if you are really into this stuff read up on nathan stubblefield & earth batterys 1800s . tesla cut his teeth on this stuff were all doooooooomed aaaaaahhhh . for everybody else take plenty alchohol

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by DOLCOTT
reply to post by Phage

Seriously, how can you guys an gals run around talkin about what happened 5000, 50,000 500,000 years ago. It is utter BS. You have no scientific proof that any of these damn theories are any more than that, just some intellectual BS that someone spews and another bunch of academics brain fart and agree that it makes sense.

Yah, so? This is ATS after all, the "brain fart" capital of the Internet.
You just added your own aroma to it...

(one mans opinion is another mans "stink")

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by this_is_who_we_are

Yes, this has been known for some years.

Yes. Yes it has. Since 2009.
The "Interstellar Magnetic Cloud" or "Fluff" is a relatively new discovery.
Some readers may not be aware of the information.
So I presented it is for general consumption.
edit on 3/23/2012 by this_is_who_we_are because: 2009

I have been researching this "Fluff" for some time now. I saw an article yesterday and created a thread that didn't last long on the front page at all.
I would love to hear your thoughts regarding Jupiter when you have some time. www.abovetopsecret.com...

As far as a magnetic reversal happening now... from where I sit and the different articles and videos I have watched it does seem likely we have been going through a change for some time now. What will happen in the future is anyone's guess.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:02 PM
link   

Seems like a very interesting video, can't watch it at work but will as soon as I can when I get home. I don't know if this is covered in the video, but as far as my own research, in the past some pole reversals did take a long time to complete and others happened much faster at a rate of up to 6 degrees per day. Now here are a few of my own considerations:

1. Maybe the pole reversal starts slowly and then gradually accelerates its pace, so at the very end it goes through the final steps of the reversal very quickly. If that's the case, it could complete over a timespan of a few months from now.

2. 6 degrees per day may seem like a lot, but if the shift doesn't occur in a straight line it would take a lot longer than if it did.

3. It would seem to me, and that's pure speculation, that during a pole shift the internal magma pressure inside the planet would tend to increase, causing lots of earthquakes and volcanic activity. Does anyone have knowledge on this?

4. I've read an article (google is your friend) stating that pole reversals usually take place with one (or both, can't remember) of the poles shifting its position through a "corridor", probably related to the tectonic plate's inner surface, and that currently the north pole is shifting through that corridor.

5. for those arguing that the poles have been shifting for as long as we have been observing them and that a shift takes a long time to complete, what if the reversal processs *has* been going on since *before* we started measuring the position of the poles?

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Only problem with that theory is the face that the magnetic field has been weaker many times over the last million years without any polar shift happening.
Polar shifts are also completely random which means they are impossible to predict.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

well then one could speculate that there could be a correlation between the age of some of the oldest ice caps,..If I heard correctly,, they range up to 700,000 years old. that is of course the latest guess is the last shift was in an approximate timeline to the beginning of the last ice age.

edit on 23-3-2012 by Lil Drummerboy because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage

Without the field we’ll be bombarded with lethal radiation, even if it only weakens we’ll still suffer more radiation getting through and we all know what radiation does to life on earth.

Not exactly.

While the magnetosphere does divert charged particles toward the magnetic poles it doesn't really do much to protect us from solar or cosmic radiation. Electromagnetic radiation and neutral particles are unaffected by the Earth's magnetic field. It is our atmosphere which mainly protects us, even at the poles.

This leaves me wondering whether magnetic pole reversal or a lack of a magnetic shield could be responsible for the many mass extinctions that we know have taken place throughout the earths history.
Does anyone know of any work on this? Is it possible that pole reversal could lead to mass extinction?

No correlation has been found.

edit on 3/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

It appears that is not the case. It seems the magnetosphere does protect us from radiation.

Here is the link www.teara.govt.nz...

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:36 PM
link   
Whatever is happening is happening, it is just not as dramatic as the title and the article describes it. So maybe in a few hundreds there will be a noticeable difference. Not yet.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:51 PM
link   
I said it once....and I will say it again...NO ONE! I mean ABSOLUTELY NO ONE here on ATS or off of it can judge if/when the poles will reverse again.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT WILL OCCUR being that the last time it happened humans being were not here to record the event.

It is a hurry up and wait event...that is if the human species do not blow one another off the planet by then.

The stage is set and has been in motion for eons and until this reversal happens with modern day man here on earth to witness, observe, record the data and analyze it then documentaries(which btw I've seen that one a while ago) and Youtube vids are just for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY...i.e. informative time wasters).

There are too many wildcard variables in the universe to account for to make an accurate, educated guesstimation or dare I say it... prediction and the human species is just a chick seeing its first beam of sunshine hatching out of the egg.

"Wait and see", is the mantra on order for this event.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by maestromason
I said it once....and I will say it again...NO ONE! I mean ABSOLUTELY NO ONE here on ATS or off of it can judge if/when the poles will reverse again.

NO ONE KNOWS WHAT WILL OCCUR being that the last time it happened humans being were not here to record the event.

It is a hurry up and wait event...that is if the human species do not blow one another off the planet by then.

The stage is set and has been in motion for eons and until this reversal happens with modern day man here on earth to witness, observe, record the data and analyze it then documentaries(which btw I've seen that one a while ago) and Youtube vids are just for ENTERTAINMENT PURPOSES ONLY...i.e. informative time wasters).

There are too many wildcard variables in the universe to account for to make an accurate, educated guesstimation or dare I say it... prediction and the human species is just a chick seeing its first beam of sunshine hatching out of the egg.

"Wait and see", is the mantra on order for this event.

Well I guess this means that we cannot take anything that science has to say to heart. It seems that your statement debunks the whole of the scientific community! Is that what you are saying?
edit on 23-3-2012 by ajay59 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by Phage
It is very likely that Mars lost its atmosphere (most of it) because of its lack of a global magnetic field. But it took millions (or billions) of years for it to happen.

edit on 3/22/2012 by Phage because: (no reason given)

Because its smaller then the earth. There no proof if mars still have an molten iron core. Some data show a slight weak magnetic shield at mars.

There was last some nice documentary about Terra forming Mars and the possible solutions. Was verry nice to see.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by maestromason

That is how I see it as well. It's all speculation. If I could see into the future I may have a better handle on things....but I can't. The ones who did/could said what changes we may encounter or possibly encountering as I type this. WE JUST DON"T KNOW and we have only been observing the heavens for a few plus hundred years with telescopes. Ancients knew what they knew because???? I wasn't here so I can't answer that. Maybe it was the shrooms...but I don't know.

I do know the Solar System is changing and I know change is constant.

When I saw and shared the report yesterday regarding Jupiter's core "melting" I was not surprised. I have been wondering about our core as well and what is going on with it, if anything.

What gets me though is when certain people act as if they KNOW what is or will take place with our planet and other bodies in the Solar System.

posted on Mar, 23 2012 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by ajay59

We as human beings only can see so far, we as human beings can only think but for so long, we as human beings can only do so much.

I am a well-grounded scientist and I recognize the limitations before the possibilities.

That is all I am saying.

Science is embodied by observation.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join