It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Officer is Stabbed as 68 Occupy Protesters Arrested in NYC on New Year's

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:04 PM
link   
I agree that not all cops are bad people but every cop there that night had innocent blood on their hands by the end. Pretty much every one living in the area wants the barricades gone, they're not only a nuisance but in beach ofthe court order dictating the park remain free and open. Bystanders and residents were passively assisting in the taking of the barricades. The police treated us like terrorists as we were kicked out. They swarmed us harrassed us and followed us with police choppers equipped with bright spotlights for hours. They illegally detained most of us. One cop was injured but several protestors were injured and pepper sprayed. atleast one person ended up with his arm in a sling. Police confiscated an American flag from a soldier. They blocked traffic and charged us with it but no one makes any mention of that. Not all cops deserve to be hurt but considering the fact that the cops present that night were acting as if martial law had been declared I'd say he deserved it.

Keep in mind since the eviction it's been real easy for the media to black out occupy. There were upwards of 2000 protestors present and A LOT more than 100 cops lol. After the ball dropped it seemed like they sent the entire police department after us. Deconstruct dis info and stop bickering amongst yourselves. Oh yeah and zuccotti park has been closed until further notice an nypd 'frozen zone'
edit on 2-1-2012 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

edit on 2-1-2012 by jacktherer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:25 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 02:43 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:20 PM
link   
shouldnt the headline read...

cop secretly infiltrates ows and stabs fellow officers hand in order to garner support for establishment.

on a lighter note if it was an owser i say good! at this point cops should reap what they sow (they deserve much worse) claiming they somehow have authority over the constitution or that park curfew rules do is B.S.most cops got to enjoy a childhood in america and are atleast familiar with the constitution so either there stupid and we should get rid of them or they know and are aware they are siding against the constitution/people and we should get rid of them.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by mikellmikell
A couple of years / months down the road they will get pulled over or something and wonder why they are going to jail for again only to remember how funny it was not to pay their fines after they were released. Then with a college degree and they get upset because of background checks that they now cannot pass to get a job and they will blame someone else just like they have for the first 25 years of their life

You can't go to jail for not paying fines. No debtors prisons.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Laokin

Originally posted by mikellmikell
A couple of years / months down the road they will get pulled over or something and wonder why they are going to jail for again only to remember how funny it was not to pay their fines after they were released. Then with a college degree and they get upset because of background checks that they now cannot pass to get a job and they will blame someone else just like they have for the first 25 years of their life

You can't go to jail for not paying fines. No debtors prisons.

Plus most of the people who are arrested at ows actions usually get slapped with violations which are below felonies and misdemeanors and hence don't show up on backgroundchecks as far as I know. The scissor stabber probably will get something on his record though.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Next week on ATS:

Cop gets a wooden sliver while on duty! Join us as we sympathize and send our best wishes to his family and demonize the entire OWS movement! Death to the protesters!

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 04:57 PM
link   
This generation was kind of born and bred for revolution if you think about it. With the everyone gets a trophy- group victories, and the everyone is a star social media, the internet giving a false sense of vast knowledge. It only makes sense that when that generation grows up and starts seeing that they aren't going to all be famous and in fact be quite poor they reject that new reality.

Watch closely.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Looks like they will be occupying the jail cell. Who are these hooligans?

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

You abuse people for months, what do you expect? I hope the cops who did the evil that caused this response get better disciplining.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Why don't they form a political party called the 'Direct Democracy Party' and canvass votes on the premise that, once they form a government, every new law must be ratified by the people through majority vote

51% is less than 99% but it's better than 0.01% who went to the best schools

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 05:59 PM
link   
reply to post by wemadetheworld

Draft a proposal, bring it to your local g.a

P.s: good luck

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:10 PM
link   

I'm no fan of society and the people that run things, and I want change. But these idiots are not helping that cause that many of us stand for. I hate hearing about things like this. Normally I condemn the media for demonizing the protesters, but it seems they're spot on with this incident.

These drunken fools make the 99% look retarded. I hope this is not a growing trend, my guess was that they might regroup over the winter and come back with a fresh start in the spring time. I hope these people aren't associated with the other groups who are trying to organize things. Guilty by association can be very unfair at times.

I agree I normally support the wall street movement, but if these things happen more and more often I can't support it, no matter how many good people are down there. I truly believe this movement started out to be a good movement, something that we needed. But now it's turning into a mob and more bad people are just joining ranks doing bad things.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Hmm dunno what this story is doing on a save our soaps website but here it is. Alleged photo proof of said officer not being stabbed in the hand.

www.generalhospitalhappenings.com... .php

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Police officer stabbed in the hand with scissors amid scuffles in Manhattan

Wait a second he was stabbed in the hand with scissors?

That it? What a pu$$y ! I was stabbed in the arm by scissors in elementary school by some fat kid and it never made the paper. Heck i did not even cry over it but lemme guess... the cop called in the choppa and swat?
the protesters are wielding office supplies call homeland security and the National Guard! Thank god a waaaambulance was on stand by.

Officer down i can hear it now

Officer : mommy I got a owie from those protesters "sobs"

Mother: It's okay pumpkin mommy will kiss your owie and make it go away dry your eyes

And the fascist MEDIA propaganda machine will make a mountain out of an ant hill or bullet wound out of a paper cut. And the lemmings and haters will eat it right up. Typical, just propaganda used to justify this police state! People just love their totalitarian society where freedom of speech, constituted rights are demonized. Wait until spring for the resurgence.

Cowards and Traitors should expect us!

OCCUPY EVERYWHERE!

DEAD THE FED

edit on 2-1-2012 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:15 PM
link   
Heres the thing, 99% of these protesters were peaceful. I watched this demonstration happen live.

www.ustream.tv...

I watched protesters herded around like cattle, at one point the police surrounded them, told them that they had to move or be arrested for blocking the sidewalk, then proceeded to arrest the people who clearly could not move because they were surrounded on all sides by police.

Dont be fooled, we are being played here. We are arguing and bickering over sides, and ignoring the fact that for every legitimate arrest, there are 50 more that are illegitimate.

This is not about wether you support OWS or not, this is about real americans, real PEOPLE who are being demonized and unfairly treated.

You on ATS say that you will defend peoples rights, wether you agree with their point of view or not. Why are you acting like every other MSM outlet out there?

When they come for you, you will be alone. If you cant stand up for others, whos going to stand up for you?

Oh, and btw, thought youd like to know, in todays age of new laws and new technology, and the rise of citizen journalism, everything that happens at OWS is setting a precedent for future cases.

So when you finally find a protest you can agree with, you may find yourself out there with no rights, no voice, and no support. Or maybe youll never get that chance, because you wasted your voice bickering like children, instead of standing up for your fellow americans.

Deny ignorance people.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:22 PM
link   
Also,

for those of you who think Im just another person talking BS,

If you do a little bit of looking you can find a livestream and ask the OWS crowd yourself....

www.livestream.com...

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
Hmm dunno what this story is doing on a save our soaps website but here it is. Alleged photo proof of said officer not being stabbed in the hand.

www.generalhospitalhappenings.com... .php

Thanks for bringing that to our attention. Now that makes sense, He even looks soft. Maybe he suffers from munchausen syndrome or is malingering? Or just probably just another D-bag that fakes a sprain during crunch time when the chips are down late in the game.

mommy i need a band aid

en.wikipedia.org...

Malingering is a medical term that refers to fabricating or exaggerating the symptoms of mental or physical disorders for a variety of "secondary gain" motives, which may include financial compensation (often tied to fraud); avoiding school, work or military service; obtaining drugs; getting lighter criminal sentences; or simply to attract attention or sympathy.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

To be fair we don't know for sure what happened there just the way the photo's are presented, it seems like he probably injured himself in the scuffle, if that's the case then karma got him it seems. Bet the dude he slammed under the chin had to have some teeth replaced.

posted on Jan, 2 2012 @ 09:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Indeed it is also possible he may have injured his hand setting up guard rails. I have handled guard rails myself working security for concerts and if you can easily injure your hand linking them together if you are not careful. As well as metal shards often sticking out of the pipe can cut you as well. I recommend wearing some leather gloves. The moral of the story is the abuser receives sympathy from the press and minions alike. While victims are chastised and abused physically and constitutionally.

smh looks like tough guy is not wearing any gloves

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join