It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Photos of whatever it is over Louisville Ky

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
I still think it's a blimp. Check out the shape of it, and you can actually see the nipple of the thing on the far left where the orange light illuminates the shape a bit. Compare the left side with this:

They fly and hover around cities all the time to advertise, and often have a lit billboard on one side. Gondolas vary a lot, and some are quite long and extend the entire bottom of the airship.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RedBalloon
I still think it's a blimp. Check out the shape of it, and you can actually see the nipple of the thing on the far left where the orange light illuminates the shape a bit. Compare the left side with this:

They fly and hover around cities all the time to advertise, and often have a lit billboard on one side. Gondolas vary a lot, and some are quite long and extend the entire bottom of the airship.

Don't they usually fly over major events? And aren't there usually only one per event? And why would blimps be flying over the same area for weeks at a time? I'm not saying that they aren't blimps, but other than the fact that they appear to look like them, what would be their purpose?

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I've never seen one here....why would it be here only at night in the same spot....I'm not saying it isn't, I'm not saing it's UFO....I have no idea what it is...that's why I posted the pics.....trying to get answers.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:54 AM
link   
Redballoon-

I looked at the pic again, I think you may be on to it. The blue light at the center does look like the gondola lights, and then nose and tail to the left and right.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV
The "tree" by the way is a not actually a tree....it's a tall bush which makes up a part of my shrubs around the front of the house.....again. anyone in the area that would like to check it out is more than welcome!

Thanks ,!!! from Paris to KY OUUUFFF---no ,NO !!!

Yours pictures is OK. Capitulation

PS keep US --gold in the frigo

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:56 AM
link   
adjust the gamma just a tad and then check it out, btw i told you ladyv , you allready have one person saying you didnt even see it .

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 10:58 AM
link   
Lady v, blimps are here about 3 times a year and they are always docked atstandiford field. Definatley not saying it was a blimp though. also, you live 5 minutes away from me!I live down Preston behind the old Target in Okalona.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by mpeake
Don't they usually fly over major events? And aren't there usually only one per event? And why would blimps be flying over the same area for weeks at a time? I'm not saying that they aren't blimps, but other than the fact that they appear to look like them, what would be their purpose?

You'd think. Where I saw mine in the story I posted above was not anywhere near a major event and I'd guess it was there to survey the construction of the road or have a view of the Mixing Bowl traffic or perhaps it was just on it's way somewhere. I've seen them at larger high school sporting events, festivals, concerts, statiums, and just tooling around to and fro. News organizations can film from them also. They stop, hover, move on, drift around, and those things can move when they want to. As for weeks at a time - sure. Might be based somewhere locally and hired out around Louisville.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kidfinger
Lady v, blimps are here about 3 times a year and they are always docked atstandiford field. Definatley not saying it was a blimp though. also, you live 5 minutes away from me!I live down Preston behind the old Target in Okalona.

WOW! We may of seen each other around...LOL was it you that U2Ued me with your number? Next time I see it, I have one person to call and I will immediately post it here on the board.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:14 AM
link   
Were not near either airport though. Well I am not too far from Louisville airport, but it's not in that direction.....it does look as if it could be a blimp though from the photo above.....

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by LadyV

Originally posted by Kidfinger

WOW! We may of seen each other around...LOL was it you that U2Ued me with your number? Next time I see it, I have one person to call and I will immediately post it here on the board.

Yep, that was me with the u2u
Wow, fellow Louisville consperitors!

Maybe we should start a Louisville chapter of ATS!

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
Anywhere near Louisville Speedway? Minor league Baseball? Budweiser has a blimp that makes its rounds with a hanging display.

Here's an article about blimps which was just kind of interesting www.louisville.com... I want to take a ride!

And some pics from blimp tours around Louisville: 162.39.187.20...

Gorgeous area!

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Louisville Moter Speedway is a dust bin hardley used for anything anymore. Ford Motor Co. occasionally parks New of the line trucks out there. No blimp for that.Minor League baseball is downtown 10 miles away +- afew from where Lady V is at.

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 11:28 AM
link   
I can't stand racing so I have no idea where Louisville speedway is.....

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
THE 3 PHOTOS--- BIZARE BIZARE BUT WHY NOT A TRUE???

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 03:13 AM
link   
I was in Basic training (Army) in Fort Knox, And our Company was at the Rifle Range for night time practice.... we were into it for almost over a hour when up came from the valley over the mountains a very similar lighted object came into our view. Keep in mind we were still firing up to that point and then we all stopped at the same time... Which at that point the officer in charge yelled out over the intercom to keep firing.... but no body did. We were just amazed as to how large and quiet this object was. It just hovered for about a minute over the target range and then slowly began to move away from us between the mountains (again keep in mind the officer in charge was still barking out order to keep firing) still no one would shoot until this UFO was out of sight. I can still rember when we were done and on our way back to the base (forced march) the commits that were made were along the lines of WTFWT!!! This took place back in 1974, however, I had seen before this many other sightings as a child as well as a adult.

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 06:29 AM
link   
LadyV, were there any distinctive sounds?

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:04 AM
link   
No sound at all. If you hadn't looked at the sky, you'd of never know it was there

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:35 AM
link   
I think that if it had been a blimp, it would've been at least in part captured by the camera, expecially since the lights around it are so bright. Amateur photo analization:

[edit on 9/9/2004 by k33l]

[edit on 10/9/2004 by k33l]

posted on Sep, 9 2004 @ 08:40 AM
link   
Hmmm..it was very high up....I used a zoom on a digital camera. Sure wish I knew it it was/is. One of my sons sits outside at night and talks to his girlfriend...he always calls into the house, "it's back again" LOL

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join