It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pregnant Seattle protester miscarries after being kicked, pepper sprayed

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

I wouldn't let my pregnant wife got to an occupy protest.

Excuse me, not to sound rude, but womens have rights.

The police have to protects its citizens, , even the protesters

Oh i know women have rights but to say this is murder of an unborn child is also to say that the mother has the right to put her child in harms way so long as it politically aligns with what she wants. To say that the cops murdered anyone in this event is also to call the mother an accessory, you can't have it both ways.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by PrimalRed

Originally posted by AnonymousVan

I wouldn't let my pregnant wife got to an occupy protest.

Excuse me, not to sound rude, but womens have rights.

The police have to protects its citizens, , even the protesters

Oh i know women have rights but to say this is murder of an unborn child is also to say that the mother has the right to put her child in harms way so long as it politically aligns with what she wants. To say that the cops murdered anyone in this event is also to call the mother an accessory, you can't have it both ways.

1.an unborn child is dead .

2.a free woman went to a peaceful protest tried to leave as the police escalated things got beat for it, killing her unborn child..

I see no fault to the mother here IDK maybe youre a judge and know the law better than everyone else.
either way the facts listed above cannot be denied... it is only your opinion that she was at fault.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by -W1LL

2.a free woman went to a peaceful protest tried to leave as the police escalated things got beat for it, killing her unborn child..

I see no fault to the mother here IDK maybe youre a judge and know the law better than everyone else.
either way the facts listed above cannot be denied... it is only your opinion that she was at fault.

Im not the only one who thinks she is at fault here. The police give warnings to disperse before bringing out the spray, she was warned and did not leave that was her choice and the choice she made for her unborn child.
Think of it this way, if the child was three and the mother made her child stay in area to get pepper sprayed and would not let the child leave she would be just as liable as the police.
edit on 22-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf10

The second a group of protesters fight back it will escalate and that possibly is what the real men/women behind the curtain want............a confrontation.

You are then talking a possibility of Marshall Law being declared and the National Guard called in.............go back to Kent State.

Now you are talking civil unrest................rioting.

The average citizen, even with their guns is no match for any police force or the National Guard having access to the best and most modern military weapons on the planet.

One wrong move from any of these protesters, one threatening fight back and that is exactly what TPTB, the real puppet masters pulling the strings want.............because than the real confrontation begins.

war strategy for the average resister that has guts to defend our constitution will result in guerrilla warfare and that is at this point impossible with cameras everywhere, face recognition software, drones, etc.

The only way if this escalates we the people will win is if the police and military come over to WE THE PEOPLE'S side as well as everyone working for "the system" goes on strike.........only way.

If this movement does not get hijacked, sidetracked or squashed and everyone unites we may have a chance however many people still are sleeping or in denial.................they think that corporate power that now rules our planet, the 1% will stop and allow the goons stupid enough to fight for them get by........they don't realize they are next on the menu.

United we stand. Divided we fall.

There are still so many people asleep, in denial and operating in and for their own self interest not seeing that eventually Corporate Globalization is a greedy beast that's hunger will not be satisfied until there are two classes..........the haves and have nots.

And those fighting for the haves, think they will be spared - stupid idiots, it is impossible to quench the thirst for power.

edit on 22-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:36 PM
link   
I wonder how many times the police hear that a woman is pregnant when they are arresting somebody?

So what if she was lying and then stabbed another person or the police?

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by nixie_nox
I wonder how many times the police hear that a woman is pregnant when they are arresting somebody?

What the hell are you talking about "What if", if she did any of those things you are conjuring up out of thin air then the law would prosecute to its full extent but it sounds as though you all for tptb having the right to speculate the most flimsy of possibilities to give them enough reason to beat on INNOCENT people. She stated she was pregnant and they hit her, this is manslaughter at best but that needs to be proven because I would want to prosecute for murder.

sick world, very sick indeed

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by PrimalRed

What part of the First Amendment don't you understand?

Amendment I

Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the government for a redress of grievances.

www.law.cornell.edu...

So many of our rights have been ripped and shredded - this is a call to arms.

No, that woman did not deserve to get pepper sprayed, none of them did.

For your post.

edit on 22-11-2011 by ofhumandescent because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

Blocking traffic is not protected by the first amendment
edit on 22-11-2011 by PrimalRed because: (no reason given)

link   

"IF"

its not the case

link   
I love how the ones who have been saying "don't blame all the cops for a couple of bad apples, they aren't practicing brutality" are the very same people that are saying "she's dumb for showing up, she should have known that the cops will beat her up".

So we are bad to blame the cops and stupid to trust them? I understand anti-OWS sentiments make people say a lot of stupid things but... come on, make up your minds.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by -W1LL

Your #2 is not a "fact"...it is the unconfirmed story of one person.

She put herself in that situation, she is responsible for any outcomes. She knew the potential dangers, and she made her decision...now she has to live with it.

You can do the same I asked others to do...show me a video of a cop kicking her, preventing her from leaving, and targeting her with pepper spray. Until then, all you have is a unconfirmed story.

link   
reply to post by coffeesniffer

Then obviously you have never dealt with the criminal realm.

How naive.

link   
Common sense after reading the story

WHY WOULD YOU PROTEST WHILE YOU ARE PREGNANT! You aren't even suppose to go to Disneyland pregnant... Seems kinda commony-sensy to me

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

watch the videos from the scene its a fact.

sure she put herself at the park and she also tried to leave something the police did not allow.
edit on 11/22/2011 by -W1LL because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrNotforhire
Common sense after reading the story

WHY WOULD YOU PROTEST WHILE YOU ARE PREGNANT! You aren't even suppose to go to Disneyland pregnant... Seems kinda commony-sensy to me

there weren't any roller coasters at the protest. it should be like going for a walk in the park you dont expect to get beat for it.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousVan

Because you know the outcome. Next time someone is high off of drugs going to attack people, I will make sure they yell they are just having a diabetic attack so the cops won't hurt them, since screaming out a medical condition is a get out of jail free card.

link   
"...just at that moment the bike patrol came up and shoved bicycles into the crowd, moving them to the center, and simultaneously they let go of the pepper spray...the space got smaller and smaller and we were really pinned in..."

from www.youtube.com...

so a witness confirms that they were indeed driving the bicycles into the crowd, and that at that point, protesters were as a whole attempting to leave: "the cops also knew that we were on the verge of leaving"

link   

Show me the video you are talking about that shows her getting kicked, pushed with a bike (while she is in the middle of the crowd
) and targeted with the pepper spray.

The video in the OP was all aftermath...you can't confirm anything about her story from that video. So I assume you have another if you are stating these things as "fact".

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

sure she put herself at the park and she also tried to leave something the police did not allow.

Show me a video of police not allowing people to leave after ordering them to do so.

posted on Nov, 22 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   

She wasn't at a "park"....and if you watch any of the videos from the 15th in seattle you will see the police are only creating a line to prevent the protestors from entering the street and the intersection.

She could of easily walked away...she decided not to.

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join