It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News Arrests as Occupy Wall Street Protesters Move on New York Stock Exchange

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
watching these cops trying to break up a damn protest. Is why I do not like cops...

They do not even care they are being video taped... Protesting is our right... Since when do cops get to slam protesters down to the ground with force, and place them under arrest?

When we are preforming a right...... This is making me want to protest, myself....

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
reply to post by apacheman

star for that apacheman

It may be time to head for the hills sooner than anyone thought

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
Things are starting to get violent..

Breaking barricades and pushing police
is violent..

Things need to cool off..

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
Not sure if I agree, with the OWS, but they should be aloud to assemble and protest, peacefully...

Without getting beaten or arrested by COPS...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
Watching live stream - people
we are watching history!
This is just so awesome!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem
Things are starting to get violent..

Breaking barricades and pushing police
is violent..

Things need to cool off..

You wouldn't know violence if it beat you over the head. There is a big difference between standing up to oppression and being treated like caged zoo animals, and being violent. The only violent party is the stupid #in police officers who thought using a fence as a battering ram was ok.

bye troll

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   
reply to post by cosmickat

I had to think about your question before I answered. In short, when I see regular people, ordinary people fighting for change, vulnerable people, not fighters but still willing to march, it makes me feel ashamed of myself for the msm and the dumb ideas I have applied to my opinions of the movement as a whole.

I still hate the mindless chanting, the lowlives in the forefront of this, the partiers and homeless with nothing better to do, but again like I say when I see people come down to become part of one of the biggest movements in US history it makes me want to be there, to have my teens there, to become part of what "I" perceive this all to be about, people like me.

Edit to say that 'if' I were to join in which I am not able to do I do know that it would not be to stay in a tent after park hours, I would respect the fact that park janitors need to do their job too and even though we have a voice in all of this we have to also follow some sense of respect and order for what does work. Not everything in our country or our society is wrong or part of the 1% and their agenda.
edit on 17-11-2011 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:20 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

Antar people k-ll for money.What do you think that 1% will(did) do?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
reply to post by diamondsmith

Its not that I am not aware or ignorant, lol, I have been educating myself for over 4 decades. I can barely remember your question to me because it just does not apply to my opinions of OWS.

I admit, today my thoughts have changed and it started when I saw the little plump elderly woman on this live stream not allowed to walk down the street of her choice as her US Passport was not sufficient ID for the police.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

I agree antar. The repression of free speech will only make this movement grow and become more vocal with the
ordinary citizens that can see they have been disenfranchised.

I just saw this....www.rawstory.com...

When more and more notable people like Willie get involved; people listen.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I would go to this with you my friend, and fear not because you were there.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 11:34 AM
link   
www.ustream.tv...

LA getting wild arrests being made? Just switching over for a minute.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:00 PM
link   
WOW Now David Iyke Is there being interviewed!

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
David Iyke getting into Occupy, Michael Moore is now streaming this channel too.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
Is there a plan evolving here? I am starting to see a pattern with the protestors emerging. It is a pyramid of collective, the different groups seem to be playing this out more effectively each day. The ones I saw as the ravers seem to be focused on taking the heat and the beatings, the arrests by the police so that others can continue to gather?

Wikileaks trucks being searched now, police searching now.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
Reports coming in that police in riot gear beginning to come down the street. Not sure if it is true or not, but livestream will show it.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:37 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

thankyou for replying. watching this today has brought to the forefront the whole movement and I think that more than a few people will be thinking about what they have witnessed today through the alternative media, and may conclude that they they have sympathy and support for the movement.
I don't believe that OWS is a revolution, and in truth it has not had much impact as a protest either. It is bringing awareness to a number of people who may not have thought much about it before.
For example..police denying access to people to use the city streets and subways unless they can provide corporate ID's
Retired police captain lending his support and going as far as being arrested.
Police being openly brutal in making arrests during a peacful movement.

All of this being streamed live from the ground shows truth and will make everyone think. Hopefully

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
RAIDING THE PARK NOW will not let people out or in!!!

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
A man just asked the police if they can leave, the police said NO. Noone in or out! We do not know what is going on inside as the livestreamer Tim went out for just a minute to get his gloves. Asking why it is closed, no answer yet.

Police will not answer, rumors people being beaten with batons.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Moving a barricade for a police vehicle, Guy hit across head by police, riot gear, even Police on outside do not know what is happening.

Sirens coming closer, all hell has broke lose. NYPD live now heavy police action against OWS. Closing all exits.

Paddy wagons coming in now.

Pulling up barricades, paddy wagons POLICE RAID Riot helemets, MASS ARREST UNDERWAY POLICE RUNNING IN!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5 >>

join