It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News Arrests as Occupy Wall Street Protesters Move on New York Stock Exchange

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:48 AM
link   
ABC just broke this... about 9:45 am Thursday.

More to follow as no story link yet.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:49 AM
link   
What a clever way to usher in martial law...

Stage fake protests everywhere that just happen to get "out of hand."

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by DeReK DaRkLy

What a clever way to usher in martial law...

Stage fake protests everywhere that just happen to get "out of hand."

Bingo!
Create a problem.
Then offer a "solution".

And OWS fell for it hook, line, and sinker.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
ABC is lying

live stream and everything is calm

www.ustream.tv...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

It's funny you say that. I went back to the ABC website and wouldn't you know it... the huge RED banner across the top is now missing.

Just the word BREAKING-then an article about the Plans. WTF is up with that? I wish I would have screen shotted that.

Also. I just tried to click on the "breaking" and I got kicked to the desktop... to "File Association" page.

It is 10:00. Something ODD is going on at ABC.... for sure.
edit on 11/17/2011 by anon72 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

There was some minor arrests earlier but nothing huge and massive for now

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:00 AM
link   

I watched the arrests live on Press TV ...were quite brutal arrests..... protestors were sitting at the time and cops beat them about the head and threw them into a van. Also read tweets that amid cheers a retired philly police captain, Ray Lewis, was arrested by NYPD. Also a woman wheelchair user was arrested but police were unsure what to do with her so ticketed her instead ( also a tweet via MMflint )
watching live now on ustream and can see that despite the reports from msm that a few hundred protestors were attending, can see that there a hell of a lot more people down there than what the msm were saying.

last count on arrests made via twitter had set the number at +50

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   

Thank you Sir, for the live link and post. I bet you bottom dollar that ABC had some news item ready to go and someone released it early when they shouldn't have.

My own fault. I should know better than to trust anything ABC puts on the web...

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
Y'all are watching the wrong channels!

Sat feeds are getting pretty active, lots to choose from.
Just like being there, minus the smell.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   
Im watching on this stream

www.ustream.tv...

with the NYPD radio on this channel

www.radioreference.com...

further more I have the greece protests open on this page

occupystreams.org...

Looks like they are on the move to Broadway in OWS

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
Its being reported internationally, Main News story on both UK Main News Channels. Both BBC and Skly News. And for once they are showing protestors being forcefully arrested by the NYPD.

Which are reporting several arrests, due to scuffles, between the NYPD , and Protestors. At least they are interviewing the protestors to hear their side of the argument rather than being biased as per usual.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
meh, the corperations, and the PTB, are going to do there best, to keep this footage, from the eyes of the public.. Anyone have to ask why?

Looks like people are starting to wake up......

Sadly, thou to many are dependant on the corrupt system...

edit on 17-11-2011 by Bicent76 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   

Not quite, been watching footage of the scuffles and have seen at least ten arrests and police assaulting at least 5 or 6 people... seems to be calmer now, but there were huge scuffles with vast numbers of people involved.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
I wonder if this could turn in Tiananmen China.Question.What are Fema camps for?

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
The Daily Beast website has the number of arrests at 50.

Occupy Wall Street’s big day of action is off to a dramatic start, with around 50 protesters already arrested as they tried to shut down the New York Stock Exchange. Protesters clashed with police, who had set up barricades around the exchange, and trading began on time at 9:30 a.m. Source
Live updates from the Daily Beast on their website.

There is also a channel 2 for The Other 99. It is currently down because the guy is being interviewed by the BBC. (atleast that is my understanding as to why it is down.)
The Other 99-Channel 2

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
tweets now are alerting that police are deploying LRAD on beaver and broadway against the protestors. Looks like it may get worse before this ends today

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Thank you Sir, for the live link and post. I bet you bottom dollar that ABC had some news item ready to go and someone released it early when they shouldn't have.

My own fault. I should know better than to trust anything ABC puts on the web...

Yeah, it's best to keep a pure uncomplicated ideology by sticking with Fox.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   
The good thing is that there are is censorship!

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
CNBC reporter is showing a group of 30 or so people sitting with zip-tie handcuffs and keeps referring to them as the "sin bin". What a joke. He hasn't bothered to show or even say what qualifies them as "sinners", but did show one of the detained wearing a police uniform.

posted on Nov, 17 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by ludshed

The one in unifrom may be retired philly police captain...Ray Lewis perhaps,..like i said in my earlier post?

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join