It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Doing This Would Change The Minds Of Those Who Doubt The Existence Of Sasquatch

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:44 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I'd be more worried about bears personally.
Bigfoot doesn't make a habit of randomly attacking people.

Infact if i DID run into one and it wasn't offended by my presence i would probably feel a lot safer from bears because I would guess that bears think twice about hassling a bigfoot.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
And yes, people who aren't loaded with convenient equipment to record their experiences are much less likely to run into something like bigfoot. When you're not expecting it is when it is more likely to happen; when you are expecting, you might end up pursuing a bear (or whatever) while thinking your right on samsquatch's ass and then when you realize that you just wasted your time you buy right into the hoax belief

These investgators that go out into the woods looking for sasquatch, or even into a haunted house looking for ghosts, usually only spend one or two nights there and the chances of seeing sasquatch or a ghost within that little window of time is rather slim...A week or two at least would most likely yield better results...

Being alone deep in the wilderness can be frightening enough...But...Without a weapon or cell phone would be much worse.I would go just about anywhere alone, with a shotgun and a side bag full of shells, but if i was totally weaponless, as soon as it started getting dark, i would be outta there...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:20 AM
link   
The other part of your story that ranks high on imagination is you walking someone 20 miles back into the wilderness and you returning 20 miles back out before nightfall. You obviously don't have a clue as to how far you can travel in the wilderness on foot walking all day, or even half of a day.

I walked through about 10 miles of woods in about 2-1/2 hours, which is walking about 4- 5mph, to beat the darkness. That was in Vermont, near my cousins farm...

And when i mentioned hiking, i did'nt mean mountain climbing, or walking and climbing up and over rocks. I could easily walk 20 miles out into the woods in one afternoon before dark...
edit on 7-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
To take an unarmed person into any wilderness situation unprepared is an accident waiting to happen. The scary part is your ability to knowingly endanger some one to try and prove a point. Again, the point is flawed

First of all,i would right away make a strong club and a sturdy spear...way better than nothing...

And humans for many thousands of years, lived in vast expanses of wilderness and open plains that were thousands of miles across, without any protection at all except for clubs, rocks and spears and they came face to face with some truly terrifying animals,that are now extinct and we made it this far...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I walked through about 10 miles of woods in about 2 hours, which is walking about 5mph, to beat the darkness. That was in Vermont, near my cousins farm... And when i mentioned hiking, i did'nt mean mountain climbing...

The average time to run 26.2 miles is 4 and a half hours........

And youre telling us you made 10 miles in woods , which i assume wasnt level or even tracked terrain, in 2 hours......

Not buying it

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Your signature completely contradicts this thread.

I have been alone in the woods many times and I just don't fear it like you do it seems.
I have never seen a saquatch...that is the truth and I won't deny it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I guarantee that while your on your dark,long and lonely way back through the wilderness alone.You will eventually become so scared and frightened at the thought of a Sasquatch out there in the darkness with you,that you will be slowly driven into a state of paranoid terror.Terrifying thoughts that the creature is always only a step away from you will fill your mind.

You left out the most important step: first you have to sit around a campfire and tell Sasquatch stories. Then, the first animal noise you hear, you have to widen your eyes and say: "That's the call of a Sasquatch." If you omit this step, it probably wouldn't even occur to anyone that the Sasquatch might exist. Bigfoot stories have always been a way to make fun of tenderfoots around a campfire. I've done it myself.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
The average over-weight and out of shape people that i see on a daily basis could'nt walk 1- mile into the woods,without collapsing...

But i spent over 20 years walking hiking and exploring the woods and deep forests in Maine, New Hampshire, Vermont and western Mass. And i have stronger than average legs and very good cardio and i could easily cover 10 miles in 2 or 3 hours even now...When i did it in Vermont i was younger...

As far as my story goes, if we started walking and hiking in late afternoon in the summer,say we started at 3pm, that would still leave over 5 - 6 hours before darkness...

I don't live on the west coast, but sasquatch is seen in MA,VT,NH and NY state and right near here in Bridgewater, a sasquatch picked up off the ground and dropped the back of a police cruiser with the 2 cops still in it one night...What would that weigh?

A 9ft tall 700lb sasquatch would probably knock over, or knock out a bear, or break it's neck with one smash of its hand.Sasquatch have thrown around 50 gallon drums filled with oil as if they were made out of cardboard..

Wow...What a fight that would be!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I don't live on the west coast, but sasquatch is seen in MA,VT,NH and NY state and right near here in Bridgewater, a sasquatch picked up off the ground and dropped the back of a police cruiser with the 2 cops still in it one night...What would that weigh?

A 9ft tall 700lb sasquatch would probably knock over or knock out a bear with one smash of its hand.Sasquatch have thrown around 50 gallon drums filled with oil as if they were made out of cardboard..

Now you're getting the hang of it!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by blocula

Originally posted by jeichelberg
reply to post by blocula

Given there have probably been people already in the same position as you describe, alone and wandering out at night in Oregon, only to turn up later safe and sound, with no evidence of having been molested or otherwise harmed by a Sasquatch...hmmm...
I seriously doubt that there has been many people these days, all alone, 20 miles out in the middle of nowhere within the mountains and forests and if there ever has been, then i'm sure they have a different opinion about the possibility of the existence of this creature. If they were a none believer before they found themselves all alone in the wilderness...
edit on 6-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

Who said anything about, "these days...?" You do realize someone needed to explore the area of Oregon prior to you being there, correct? You can be sure of whatever you care to be...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by blocula

Your signature completely contradicts this thread.

I have been alone in the woods many times and I just don't fear it like you do it seems.
I have never seen a saquatch...that is the truth and I won't deny it.

What signature do you mean? blocula?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:31 AM
link   
However far someone could or could'nt walk and hike into the woods really has not much to do with the whole point of this thread anyways...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:32 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Your signature.
We must be strong enough to face The Truth no matter what it is and learn to accept it without fear and without denial

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun
reply to post by blocula

Your signature.
We must be strong enough to face The Truth no matter what it is and learn to accept it without fear and without denial

Oh of course that one...The truth is that many tens of thousands of people for hundreds of years have seen giant hairy bi-pedal creatures in all 50 states of the USA and all over the rest of the world as well and perhaps more than half of all sightings remain un-reported for fear of ridicule from a society that is comfortable living in denial about whats really going on in their world...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
The last poster is right about the 20 mile trek. That isn't happening anytime soon. Many years ago, back in school playing football, we were all timed jogging for 1.5 miles. The average about 12 to13 minutes

So 3 miles would be around 25 minutes,6 miles would be around 45 minutes and 12 miles would be around 1-1/2 hours.How far and fast could you walk,which would quickly turn into a sprint,if a 9ft tall shaggy beast that weighed 700lbs was chasing you?

Once i walked to the local wallmart, thats about 5 miles away, in under an hour...Which is walking about 4mph.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Who said anything about, "these days...?" You do realize someone needed to explore the area of Oregon prior to you being there, correct? You can be sure of whatever you care to be.

Thats why i said this...

First of all,i would right away make a strong club and a sturdy spear...way better than nothing...If i was alone in the deep woods without a weapon...

And humans for many thousands of years, lived in vast expanses of wilderness and open plains that were thousands of miles across, without any protection at all except for clubs, rocks and spears and they came face to face with some truly terrifying animals,that are now extinct and we made it this far...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

Well.. I can see how you`d become a believer if you suddenly while hiking were thrown branches at or even huge stones. Heard the howls or tree knocks. That would be pretty intense and scary if you were alone without bear-spray / rifle. And it would be even scarier at night. Don`t think it would be much better if you had a fire going and stopped moving. Those howls really send chills down your spine.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by br0ker
reply to post by blocula

Well.. I can see how you`d become a believer if you suddenly while hiking were thrown branches at or even huge stones. Heard the howls or tree knocks. That would be pretty intense and scary if you were alone without bear-spray / rifle. And it would be even scarier at night. Don`t think it would be much better if you had a fire going and stopped moving. Those howls really send chills down your spine.
I have heard those unearthly screams and growls...Nothing else sounds like them...Terrifying to say the least and i was in a relatively safe place when i heard them. If i ever heard those very loud and blood curdling sounds again and i was 10 or 20 miles out in the wilderness, alone in the dark, with no gun, i would be in a world of fear...I would start thinking...Werewolf...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   
reply to post by blocula

I'm an arkansan and we don't scare very easy. I'm more worried about things like the black leopards and bears here than some mythical gorilla people claim when hunting yet they can never think to bring their bow or firearm about to shoot them.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by oou420
they're called samsquanches, ricky

Classic episode

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join