It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ANONYMOUS Identifies Cop Who Shot Marine Vet Scott Olsen

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Xcathdra

Why should I be arrested? I live in Phoenix, and I wasn't there. Plus, you know -- I didn't throw a flash-bang at a bunch of civilians who were trying to give first aid to an unarmed protester.

But we already agreed: You can have the protesters who threw the rocks and bottles at the cops, as long as you throw the grenade-throwing cop on the same chopping block.

Those are the rules. Fair is fair, or its game over.
edit on 1-11-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kali74
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I still haven't seen one word on multiple Occupy sites, not even the video reposted. No news blurb, no post, nothing. All anyone seems to be talking about is what happened in Denver, the parade in NYC last night and the Strike in Oakland planned for tomorrow.

I'm failing also to see any talk of escalation...violent or otherwise. Do you have any links to the sites you're seeing this on because I'd like to know or you can do screen grabs of chats etc...just hit print screen then open paint and click paste. Thanks Wrabbit.

Occupystream is the site index of the various OWS camps with an ongoing and video feed based presence online. Chat rooms are a part of that...and that is where much of this comes out.

No one is ever who they say they are in chat rooms, and I'm the first to say that....but when Moderators are the source of some of the stuff.... Well...It's happened a couple nights more than I can ignore on different topics that are too far out there for me. Oh well....

Late night into wee hours when people in camp really have nothing better to do or...are wired from OWS or police activity is when the most chat activity I've been deeply turned off by has happened..and still does.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

you speak in absolutes, "you cannot arrest them", "it's not a war crime"

you can arrest them and it it a war crime "Chapter IV, Artice 25 of the Geneva Convention states that "......According to the Geneva Convention, knowingly firing at a medic wearing clear insignia is a war crime.

Can't say that I could see an clear insignia, so maybe you get off on that one. but you are wrong, it could be a war crime.

you love to say "we" don't know the law,or our rights; I ask you a question, "your awesome magnificence".

What is the INTENT of the law? not any particular law, but the INTENT of law.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

Why should I be arrested? I live in Phoenix, and I wasn't there. Plus, you know -- I didn't throw a flash-bang at a bunch of civilians who were trying to give first aid to an unarmed protester.

But we already agreed: You can have the protesters who threw the rocks and bottles at the cops, as long as you throw the grenade-throwing cop on the same chopping block.

There is no relevant reason to arrest you, just as right now there is no relevant reason to arrest any member of law enforcement who was present when the incient occured. I was using your logic in this to arrest you, IE dont worry about evidence, your guilty regardless.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by thedigirati

The United Nations and international law have nothing at all to do with domestic US law - period. No war crime exists because we arent at war, wich is the part you are missing from your theory.

You can quote all the UN items you wish, im telling you, as a polic eofficer, they do NOT apply to civilian law enforcement.

Read up on the head money case to see why.

The intent of laws is to act as a deterent and to protect society as a whole. Laws are present to establish a standard when describing what must occur in order to violate said law.

The intent of law is to act as a mechanism that supports the indivduals ability to act in a responsible manner.

I amg ogin to guess your position is along the lines of the intent of laws are to opress the people and to act as a pasture so to speak to herd the people ino to keep control over them.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:47 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

this is great news.

Those who do not agree are baseless nobodies.

Everytime a COP puts a person in hospital that persons family is in serious jeopardy. No money coming in because of the hospitalization, threats from the COPs police friends, the constant pain from worry.

So those who say "the poor cops family may be targeted" I say who gives a crap.GOOD.

If you marry a cop you should be or at least expect that anything they do that violates another human can and SHOULD be met with wholehearted Vengeance if the law does not protect them.

Its the same as those who marry drug dealers. Same thing.

The more people realize this the less people we should see wanting to join the criminals that are the police.

Beating civilians into a coma??? I hope worse happens to this cop!!

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by goldcoin

You think far too logically, are you sure you are from this forum?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcathdra
reply to post by thedigirati

The United Nations and international law have nothing at all to do with domestic US law - period.

You can quote all the UN items you wish, im telling you, as a polic eofficer, they do NOT apply to civilian law enforcement.

Read up on the head money case to see why.

Never said anything about domestic law, take off your blinders, you said it was not a war crime. You are incorrect and you still have not said which law was broken to prevent the rendering of first aid. See you like to be unclear in what you say to try and weasel out of your very own words, I call radishes on you

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

Yes by all means lets place people in danger because of blind hatred towards law enforcement.

You guys have some serious rectal-cranial inversion issues on this one. You demand justice while behaving in the same manner you accuse the police of doing.

Why am I not surprised....

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s

There is no relevant reason to arrest you, just as right now there is no relevant reason to arrest any member of law enforcement who was present when the incient occured. I was using your logic in this to arrest you, IE dont worry about evidence, your guilty regardless.

Arresting anyone in law enforcement is extremely difficult. Even if they could they would not do it as it would admit that they were wrong. I have seen how law enforcement cover for one another even the courts do and lawyers. It is very shameful. They stick together and if they want to they can stick you with charges and have their buddies back them up or justify anything they do to you.

Currently in battle with pedobear cop and he is free to walk around a no one wants to do anything about it even though there is proof out the yinyang. they are untouchable so you protesters whether you are peaceful or not you take your lumps to the head or fall in line.
edit on 1-11-2011 by yaluk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by thedigirati

Never said anything about domestic law, take off your blinders, you said it was not a war crime. You are incorrect and you still have not said which law was broken to prevent the rendering of first aid. See you like to be unclear in what you say to try and weasel out of your very own words, I call radishes on you

The let me explain it to you again. A war crime cannot exist because we are not at war. You need to go through the UN charter and understand it all, and not just parts. Check article VII which deals with conflict between nations, then jump over to the UNCHR for additional.

The protests occuring fall under Us domestic law, not UN charter or international law. I dont have blinders on, but you apparently do by insiting on using UN law while throwing out US Domestic law.

If you continued your research about US domestic law and Supreme Court rulings, Law Enforcement is not under any obligation to act, which includes medical emergencies. Most states have laws, or department policies in place, to limit an officers action when the situation is outside their area of expertise.

So no, im not weaseling out of anything. You are attempting to use internatioanl standards in a manner that arent compatible with the situation at hand.

As a polic eofficer I am not empowered to enforce US Federal Law, and I am not subject to the UN or international law when it comes to my job with the exception of dealing with a person who has diplomatic access or notification of an embassy / consulate to notify one fo their citizens is in polivce custody.

You can drop the UN argument, its doesnt apply.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

reply to post by Six6Six

Yes by all means lets place people in danger because of blind hatred towards law enforcement.

You guys have some serious rectal-cranial inversion issues on this one. You demand justice while behaving in the same manner you accuse the police of doing.

Its because justice is NEVER carried out!! Beating someone into a coma - the potential life changing physiological damage that could of been done. The heartbreak for his family.

I am not a bible enthusiast but a common misquoted phrase is appropriate in these type cases.

An eye-for-an-eye! No exceptions.

I have noticed that when you give someone a gun and badge and the power over others they turn into dogs*** people.

I absolutely hope that this cop and any ohter that commits violence against the public gets more in return. Cops in general are scum. There are a few good ones but they are few and far between.

There is no legal justice against cops. A few weeks without pay and a mark on their record. NOT GOOD ENOUGH.

Bad cops are equal to pedophiles.....read that again...IT IS TRUE and they should be treated accordingly. Plus IF they go to jail they are such cowards they go on a protection wing away from the general populas. Disgusting!

edit on 1-11-2011 by Six6Six because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   
reply to post by yaluk

Actually the arresting law enforcement just came up today in Florida. A Florida Highway Patrol uit was passedon the highway by a uniformed member of Miami Police in a fully marked poatrol car. The miami officer was driving in excess of 120mph weaing in and out of traffic with no emergency lights on.

The Trooper initiated a pursuit and after 7 minutes she got the miami officer to stop. She got him out of his uni at gun point, took his weapon, and then arrested him and booked him in on C and I driving.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 09:59 PM
link   

reply to post by Six6Six

Ok let's see the justice inherent in the system then?

We'll be waiting a LONG time. How long have you got?

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Six6Six

So you arent concerned about justice then, but revenge..

Makes no sense.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

reply to post by Six6Six

Well if people would quit watching CSI and Law and Order they would realize investgations take more than just an hour. Apparently though you guys dont care about justice, but revenge.

When the cop anonymous pointed out gets killed, and it turns out he wasnt the one who caused the damage to the MArine, then what? You guys will move to the next uniform on the camera and post their info till he dies?

If you guys are going to actively support violence against an officer who is innocent (until proven guilty) then you have absolutely no leg to stand on when those actions are met with self defense from law enforcemnt.

As people argue, law enforcement is not judge jury or executioner, and neither are the people. Use the system and let it work.
edit on 1-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:02 PM
link   

reply to post by yaluk

Actually the arresting law enforcement just came up today in Florida. A Florida Highway Patrol uit was passedon the highway by a uniformed member of Miami Police in a fully marked poatrol car. The miami officer was driving in excess of 120mph weaing in and out of traffic with no emergency lights on.

The Trooper initiated a pursuit and after 7 minutes she got the miami officer to stop. She got him out of his uni at gun point, took his weapon, and then arrested him and booked him in on C and I driving.

That does not surprise me, Troopers are a holes, all the ones I have met through my buddy who is one are a holes . Plus i don't think troopers like anyone In this instance it is all peen flex. Now i would like to see a A Florida Highway Patrol unit arrest another Florida Highway Patrol unit.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard

reply to post by Six6Six

Well if people would quit watching CSI and Law and Order they would realize investgations take more than just an hour. Apparently though you guys dont care about justice, but revenge.

Thanks, I'm quite aware how long investigations take. I'm also quite aware that a lot of investigations never happen.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

No I do not think that at all, I know it can be manipulated that way. The intent of law is to respect the rights of the individual. the same thing you said, just stated from a "laymans" perspective. you want to prevent chaos, I welcome the rights of others, you want order, rigid conformity, I want PERSONAL RESPONSIBLY from the white house to the out house.

Amazed that we are not so far apart? OWS and the teaparty want pretty much the same thing.

as an aside, you also fail to mention the personal relationship of law enforcement and the courts system, which is why there is great public distrust, you all Do work together and friends and acquaintances are more forgiving to one another, it's human nature. We are all tribal.

posted on Nov, 1 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

reply to post by Six6Six

So you arent concerned about justice then, but revenge..

Makes no sense.

I do hear you, I do!!

However extreme acts need extreme measures. IF THE LAW does not carry out a satisfactory punishment then the public who are at large the ones in charge need to take the matter into their own hands.

What people forget is that the government and police are servants to the people. If this duty is not upheld its up to the public to rectify it. The governments have been trying to ignore this fact and use the police as their bully boys. If the police were good they would refuse. They would quote the constitution and speak up about the morals of being HUMAN.

But alas they do not. They follow these commands and make up their own.

I do not like what I have said but its needs to be done. A few hundred revenge cases and the police will be more in tune to start going by the letter of the law.

<< 13  14  15    17  18 >>

join