It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1% Are Changing The Law To Shut Down Occupy Wall St.

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 03:23 PM
link   
reply to post by daskakik

Ok well I will give you that but I am not sure that is even an accurate percentage or is it more of a euphanism?

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:09 PM
link   
reply to post by ChaoticOrder

I'm still wondering why their is a privately owned park in downtown Manhatten or anywheres for that matter.

In my mind, being a simple thinker, I would be charging for others to enter my privately owned park. Just to cover maintenance and taxes.

If people didn't want to pay, the heck with it, I'd build on it and it no longer be a park. Maybe a parking garage...but not a park.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Phantom28804

It's a catchy slogan based on the fact that the top 1% of the wealthiest people hold a large portion of the nations wealth while the 99% have to split what is left over.

One thing that I have noticed is that alot of statistics only go up to $250-350K making it seem like anyone above that is part of a homogeneous group. The top 400 according to Forbes hold $1.53 trillion. That's an avarage of $3,825,000,000 each. Nothing like the guy worth a couple of million.

edit on 21-10-2011 by daskakik because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

They had to make the park public and open 24 hours in order to get zoning exceptions to build taller buildings elsewhere.
It's called a contract. We respect those in this country, even if that contract allows CEO's to take million-dollar bonuses of tax-payer dollars.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Well, so far sleeping out side and holding signs up is not doing any good. The people getting arrested are just putting money right back in the same corrupt governments pockets. Now if you have a bank account, close it. you have any stocks sell it. When you go buy groceries do not go to the big box store. Go to your local meat market and farmers market. You need clothes, don't go the the mall try the 2nd hand store. the list goes on and on. To kill a tree you have to kill the root first.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by mooseinhisglory

Ah, thanks for the education. Didn't know that.

But I'll never have to worry about it as I will never buy property in a city. To many rules and Regs as you point out. And other fees on top of that.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I long for the day when we get to beat the bankers a$$ once and for all!

Down with the Federal Reserve, I know Andrew Jackson would agree with me on this if he were still alive!

TWBU

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 05:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77

Of course, one way around this is to make it illegal to actually gather any place to protest. Or to use bullhorns to make yourself heard. Or to protest within earshot of the very thing you wish to protest. Or to walk on public sidewalks while protesting. You get the idea. The 1% are abusing the law to take away our Constitutional right to peaceably assemble and using the police to enforce their will.

So I guess the idea is to use local codes and ordinances to silence the protests.

Well I guess the protest is over then, eh.

I can see a lenghty court battle lasting for years with numerous appleals continuing onto higher circuit courts to determine if it is legal for the protests of the people to continue.

Everyone can go home. Game over guys.

Maybe once there is a US supreme court ruling on the subject in about 10 years will we know if it's ok for the protests to continue in a lawful manner.

So how about that stock market close today. The market was up 267 points today on the death of Gadafii. Good stuff.
edit on 21-10-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by TDawgRex

True that. Better off buying a ranch lol.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
reply to post by beezzer

You have a point, but we all know the government do not run the show, the bankers do. The heart of the problem, the federal reserve.Sure the politicians are to blame as well, but they are merely puppets just like obama is to the shadow government.

*sigh*
Then why bother fighting the bankers/1%/NWO - whatever?

Spoken like a true prole.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
Who are the "occupy" people screaming at between 1-5 a.m.?
If the evil 1% overlords were trying to shut it down, then it probably would've been done...better.

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
yes they are!!!!

but things are not hopeless

there are loads of things you can do

you must realize the root problems

then take real action steps to empower yourself and others

one of thus includes not using any BIG high mark up products anymore. that means starving Coca Cola, Nike, etc

not just the stupid banks..many WHO like these protests in the upper echelon

www.youtube.com...

posted on Oct, 21 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
wow! thats pretty crazy, i hope this doesn't come into effect. that would seriously effect the occupies! surely people can see that this is a weak attempt to shutdown occupy wall street. and won't be made in effect? or is america a police state already? :/

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
If you go for government and leave corporation and banks alone , they will find other way to # you over , because thats who they are , corporations are sociopaths.

Even so without strong government to oppose them we will be ever more in deep #.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by shogu666
If you go for government and leave corporation and banks alone , they will find other way to **** you over , because thats who they are , corporations are sociopaths.

Even so without strong government to oppose them we will be ever more in deep ****.

If you get rid of corporations, capitalism then you're left with politicians or appointed people taking their place.

You want to abolish greed? Get honest politicians in place.
You want to abolish corporations?

Welcome to 1984

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   

This is impossible, power corrupts.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

The futility of the system?
What do you thing this protest is going to do?
You say we can't get honest politicians, yet you cry for honest CEO's.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

And if you go after the bankers, there won't be bankers to replace them?
Change the laws, change the lawmakers and you'll see change.

I agree.

Get the money out, change the laws that allow the bankers and lobbyists to dictate lawmaking in this country, and make the punishment for political corruption swift and indiscriminate DEATH, and you will see change.

If you sell out your country on the behalf of corporate political donors, you should be treated like Gaddafi, dragged through the street like an animal, quivering and bleeding until a solid patriot puts one right through your brain stem.
edit on 22-10-2011 by illuminatislave because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   

The futility of the system?
What do you thing this protest is going to do?
You say we can't get honest politicians, yet you cry for honest CEO's.

I dont cry for honest CEO ? For me entire concept of businesses is obsolete in current paradigm.

It is time for society to start making decision based on knowledge and experience not money.
Knowledge and experience is something verifiable and repeatable, if it is found to be wrong it can change.
There is really no room for power in this concept.
edit on 22-10-2011 by shogu666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:38 AM
link   

Not if your life is on the line. That's the problem. We ALLOW these people to commit treason against us.

We are too soft in this country. There are a lot of men and women who should have been put down for their betrayal.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join