It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 1% Are Changing The Law To Shut Down Occupy Wall St.

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 08:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

The first victim will be the one trying to get at my food stores.
Money provided me with many bullets.

You forgot that that will be live happy ever after ...

People are not zombies , they dont walk in front of bullets, you have to sleep etc. Good luck .

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
reply to post by RisenAngel77

Why can't home grown terrorist find it in their insain heads to target people like Steven Spinola and the top of the 1% to do their wacked out crazyness and do us all a favor. I mean with people like Steven Spinola who in the hell needs enemies....?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:20 AM
link   

Technically, the top 1% do not have to change the law. If they want to end the entire protest, the top 1% can sue "Occupy" with harassment and character assassination. Since Obama was responsible for the 2008 bailouts and buyouts, the top 1% can turn around and say, "prove your claims in court". Unless "Occupy" can make their case in a court of law, they have absolutely no ground to stand upon.

After all... We are a nation of laws.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 09:24 AM
link   
reply to post by Section31

After all... We are a nation of laws.

Built and established by breaking laws.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
How long will you ignorrant people try to punish people that make money.
I work hard and try care about other people and for that yall throw me in with people that make billions.

WHAT THE TOP 1%, 5%, 10%, 25% and 50% MAKE IN AMERICA Based on the Internal Revenue Service’s 2010 database below, here’s how much the top Americans make: Top 1%: $380,354 Top 5%: $159,619 Top 10%: $113,799 Top 25%: $67,280 Top 50%: >$33,048

www.financialsamurai.com... much-money-do-the-top-income-earners-make-percent/

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   

Who would enact the laws? The political officials in New York, right? So blame the "1%" and yet again, continue to ignore the spineless politicians who make up the laws.
*sheesh*
And OWS can't figure it out?
*shakes head in dismay*

Exactly. The OWS will still vote for the (D) at the end of the name....LOL. They must love their misery, because they keep voting for it.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by silent thunder
It's funny seeing people argue over whether to go after the corporations "or" the government. Reminds me of two groups trying to decide how to slay a dragon. Group A says "go for the heart." Group B says, "no, go for the head." They spend time arguing rather than doing anything (or, worse, start fighting each other over their disagreement rather than slaying the dragon). Meanwhile the dragon grows bigger. Divide and conquer, much?

Really, does anyone doubt that the distinction between corporate malfesience and government perfidery is fading to the point of irrelevance? As Mussolini (one who would know) said, "Fascism should more appropriately be called Corporatism because it is a merger of state and corporate power." That's what we're seeing take shape today.

Why not have the Tea Party people hit government and the OWS people go after the business end? A two-one punch that might actually accomplish something. I guess it's "safer" to argue against your mirror image on the other side of the inane right-left divide than actually take on the real culprits...

And let us Anarchists go after BOTH.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

To be honest... as OWS grows, it (and we) should not give a rats a** about the law, at least the dragnet minutiae which prevents us from exercising our free speech via a million strands of legal spider's silk.

When the lawmakers/enforcers break the law with impunity and get away with it, when the wealthy/private sector breaks the law with impunity and either gets away with it or is able to afford fighting/paying it regularly... then THE REST OF US SHOULDN'T BE EXPECTED TO HOLD THE LAW IN SUCH HIGH REGARD EITHER.
ESPECIALLY, when our desires/actions are righteous and those of the establishment are self-serving and expedient.

Civil Disobedience is necessary in the face of a system which tells us we have all the freedom in the world but forces us to sit down, shut up, and disperse when we exercise them.

I say... if they outlaw free speech and free assembly, then we should IGNORE THEM and do what we have to do. No matter how hard they try, they can't stop us now.
edit on 22-10-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 12:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by navy_vet_stg3

Who would enact the laws? The political officials in New York, right? So blame the "1%" and yet again, continue to ignore the spineless politicians who make up the laws.
*sheesh*
And OWS can't figure it out?
*shakes head in dismay*

Exactly. The OWS will still vote for the (D) at the end of the name....LOL. They must love their misery, because they keep voting for it.

Don't pretend you know the people involved with OWS until you ACTUALLY TALK TO A LOT OF THEM. Period. End of story.

It should be obvious that most of the people involved in occupations are just as sick and tired of the left/right paradigm as anyone here on ATS. They know that Dems/Reps are both failing parties that betray us consistently, what most people also recognize is that Dems are the lesser evil in a system which gives you no other options. At least they aren't voting (R). Talk about perpetuating misery... voting Rep just invites MORE of it.
edit on 22-10-2011 by NoHierarchy because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:15 PM
link   

All you do then is make more people angry.

Guess those midnight druggers and thugs will go out into the streets and rob people, causing more anger.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   

No offense but if the "99%" truly are 99%, they should be easily able to turn back such an effort. Truth is, they aren't even close to 50%, let alone 99%. They claim to speak for all when the latest poll showed 37% of the public supports them.

Some 37 percent of people back the protests that have spread from New York to cities across the country and abroad, one of the first snapshots of how the public views the "Occupy Wall Street" movement. A majority of those protest supporters are Democrats,

www.boston.com... 0/22/ap_gfk_poll_37_percent_of_public_back_protests/

Link to actual poll results
edit on 22-10-2011 by pavil because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by pavil

No offense but if the "99%" truly are 99%, they should be easily able to turn back such an effort. Truth is, they aren't even close to 50%, let alone 99%. They claim to speak for all when the latest poll showed 37% of the public supports them.

Some 37 percent of people back the protests that have spread from New York to cities across the country and abroad, one of the first snapshots of how the public views the "Occupy Wall Street" movement. A majority of those protest supporters are Democrats,

www.boston.com... 0/22/ap_gfk_poll_37_percent_of_public_back_protests/

LOL.....yeah another poll put out by the same media that is controlled by the 1%.

The protests are actually a natural progression once these people realize that protests and voting in rigged elections will not actually rid our society of the elite then they will understand that the only solution is exactly what the Founding Fathers provided for in the Constitution over 200 years ago. The 2nd Amendment. It is the ONLY thing that will succeed when dealing with these tyrants.
edit on 22-10-2011 by SecondAmendmentUser because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-10-2011 by SecondAmendmentUser because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by SecondAmendmentUser

And that...... is why only 17% strongly support , 20% moderately support and 56% are not supporters. You keep fighting everyone and not trying to change things Constitutionally.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

And that...... is why only 17% strongly support , 20% moderately support and 56% are not supporters. You keep fighting everyone and not trying to change things Constitutionally.

You must have missed that I mentioned that the poll is likely rigged by the 1% to show those low numbers.

Solving things "Constitutionally" ,means using the 2nd Amendment.

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by SecondAmendmentUser

You must have missed that I mentioned that the poll is likely rigged by the 1% to show those low numbers.

Solving things "Constitutionally" ,means using the 2nd Amendment.

No..... It's not a "rigged" poll. They call people at random and get a large enough sample to see the trends. You just don't like the result of the poll, which is why you are claiming fraud. I bet you think a MSNBC internet poll is a much more valid method.

The right to bear arms is great, I fully support it. It's kinda funny hearing your talk about it. Most in the OWS crowd probably are pro gun control and against open carry. Kinda makes for weird bedfellows when you start claiming the Second Amendment right all of a sudden.

The way you talk about it, it (2nd Amendment) is the main way to address grievances with the Government. That, I have a problem with. Win at the ballot box, not the bullet box. You sound like you are ready to start waging a guerrilla war.....good luck getting the populace behind that one.

If you can't get your message across in a way that translates to changes in your elected officials, I would contend your message is the problem.....oh by the way, what exactly is that message again?

posted on Oct, 22 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   

No..... It's not a "rigged" poll. They call people at random

By random obviously means preselected depending what you want the results.

For example you can never ask people over the phone if don't have any :>D
edit on 22-10-2011 by shogu666 because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 23 2011 @ 01:14 AM
link   
reply to post by shogu666

Have you even looked at the raw poll data? Have you ever been polled over the phone for these kinda surveys?

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

I would agree about the closing of bank accounts. My wife worked in banking for 30 years, and she say's if we all just stopped useing debit cards & credit cards, and went back to useing cash & checks. It would cost the banks big money across the board.

Now a days everything is instant, what exactly is it the bank does, to charge so much money? Nothing. If we all just paid cash, it would also hit the banks from the merchant side too. The bank would now not be able to get the merchant with a fee for accepting their card.

If enough people did this it would cost the banks big $$$$$$$. It would help the merchant, they could now maybe offer lower price. It's bad enough that the banks suck most into debt and keeps most on the edge with their account fee's.

All merchants are required by fed law to accept cash. Most would agree, if you want to go after some one, go after their wallet. It's where it hurts the most. The banks and greedy bastards that own and run them are no different.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   

I Agree 100%. It's going to have to be the way it was intended. They knew it would one day come to this. That is why the founding fathers of our country put it in. they made provisions for it from the onset. Our 2nd amendment rights may be all we have left as a tool for change.To break the grip.

posted on Oct, 24 2011 @ 10:44 PM
link   
Why isn't anyone rioting the federal reserve?

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6 >>

join