It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial tensions in Philly: Mob attacks man in his house - 'We got you, you white mother-------!'

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by MasterGemini
I predict more and more as the Democrats continue their race baiting rhetoric.
edit on 27-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: wha wha wha cry about it

This is an unfortunate event regardless of race. I'm no fan of the Reps., Dems., Tea Party or any other party as I find all of them completely incompetent.

With that said, my question to the OP is since this is obviously a violent act, what does the US Government/Democrats have to do with these crazy teens/young adults acting out of control and beating the crap out of someone
How are you tying this event in with the Democrats?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jason88
Ignorant I am not, and fear will kill you the same way stress kills. Your mentality is "me against the world" and that's the problem. Odds of a crazy man attacking your family are slim (I guess it depends on where you live, but violent crime is way down)...your part of the problems and so is every other American who's got this "my gun will save me crap"... your gun is to protect you from the government not your fellow theoretical crazy dude. Violence begets violence - you own a gun, so does everyone now, and that drugged out fool gets his gun from his nice family and tries to rob you, sees your gun and actually shoots you and your family, and you shoot him and all are dead.
*sigh* What your post fails in reasoning out is the FACT that humans can hold 2 opposing views as the God's honest truth at the same time.

My father has an AK-47 and a Pit Bull for home protection, government, individual crazy, or otherwise. This is a man who knows from personal experience that people will kill you for the most stupid things out there, and that they can be pretty random. Dad was a really big football player in college, and he was working at a convenience store as the night clerk, back before they required 2 people a shift, and this guy half his size came in, high on something, wielding a boxcutter, and attacked my father--cut him from his navel, curving around to his back, and darn near to his shoulderblades, along his spine. (He darn near beat his attacker to death in a fit a rage at being cut--I was probably a newborn at the time.) This man has always been the type to finish what you started with him...

...but it's always been within reason. Post Katrina, due to the hellhole that New Orleans became, there were rumors that the crazies in New Orleans were walking 90, with the intent of taking from others what had been taken from them by this storm--rather violently. (Remember, these people were shipped to other cities and were committing crimes there.) The first person I talked to after I heard this was my father. He said not to worry about it, that it wasn't likely to happen because it takes time to walk as a group that far, there's other homes en route that have to be invaded first, all full of people with guns, and most importantly, that this was just a rumor someone started to stir up people who are easily led by their fear. If against all odds it's true, we'll take them down before they get here.

My father. Almost always ready for the worst, but not in fear of it.
The difference? he understands that you can prepare without giving into fear.

Originally posted by MrWendal Even if he was a witness, why would he be standing around following a mob who just broke into someone's home. As a witness... wouldnt he have called police or done something to help the victim? If he did neither of those two things, I would suggest he is not a witness at all, he was part of the mob.
If I was in that situation, my parents would have tore my a** up. As in put the fear of someone in you real quick.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by ThePublicEnemyNo1

Originally posted by MasterGemini
I predict more and more as the Democrats continue their race baiting rhetoric.
edit on 27-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: wha wha wha cry about it

This is an unfortunate event regardless of race. I'm no fan of the Reps., Dems., Tea Party or any other party as I find all of them completely incompetent.

With that said, my question to the OP is since this is obviously a violent act, what does the US Government/Democrats have to do with these crazy teens/young adults acting out of control and beating the crap out of someone
How are you tying this event in with the Democrats?

NPR executive calls tea party 'seriously racist,' most Americans 'uneducated'
NPR chief ousted after exec's racism remarks
www.msnbc.msn.com...

NPR's CEO and president, Vivian Schiller, has been forced to resign, the radio broadcaster's media correspondent reported Wednesday, following an undercover sting in which a senior executive was videotaped describing Tea Party members as "racist."

CBC Conference Attendees Say Tea Party Racist
biggovernment.com...

MRCTV visited the 41st Annual Legislative Conference of the Congressional Black Caucus Foundation and found that some of those we met up with believe the Tea Party and/or its members are racist, and some even hurled racial slurs at Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain and Rep. Allen West. Curiously the mainstream media was absent while we were there, not asking questions of the CBC attendees like the ones they vigorously asked of Tea Party members at their rallies.

So much for “post racial America”.

Maxine Waters to tea party: Go to Hell
www.washingtonpost.com...

At a community summit on Saturday, the California Democrat, who has been increasingly critical of President Obama, as well, had tough words for the other side.

“I’m not afraid of anybody,” Waters said at the summit in Inglewood, Calif. “This is a tough game. You can’t be intimidated. You can’t be frightened. And as far as I’m concerned, the ‘tea party’ can go straight to Hell.”
. . .

Members of the Congressional Black Caucus have been hosting town halls and job fairs across the country, most recently in Detroit, Atlanta and Cleveland.

On Tuesday afternoon Waters and other members will attend a summit in Los Angeles to discuss their jobs resolution, “For The People,” which calls on Congress to pass jobs legislation. The unemployment rate among African Americans is 16 percent, almost double the national average.

Oh just things like that . . . or this:

Joe Biden likened tea partiers to terrorists
www.politico.com...

“We have negotiated with terrorists,” an angry Doyle said, according to sources in the room. “This small group of terrorists have made it impossible to spend any money.”

Biden, driven by his Democratic allies’ misgivings about the debt-limit deal, responded: “They have acted like terrorists.”

Biden’s office initially declined to comment about what the vice president said inside the closed-door session, but after POLITICO published the remarks, spokeswoman Kendra Barkoff said: “The word was used by several members of Congress. The vice president does not believe it’s an appropriate term in political discourse.”

Noooo not inflamatory at all . . . VERY civil and becoming of our "Leadership"

does that help a bit?

When people feel threatened they lash out and the democrat party has been chanting that it is ALL the RACIST TEA PARTY and REPUBLICAN's fault . . . . so what do you think is going to happen next . . .

LoL they even are throwing racial slurs at blacks who run against Obama. Its just blind hateful race baiting, plain and simple.

Congressional Black Caucus Foundation and found that some of those we met up with believe the Tea Party and/or its members are racist, and some even hurled racial slurs at Republican Presidential candidate Herman Cain and Rep.

edit on 27-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
reply to post by TheRealTruth84

No one is trying to say what to do we're just saying how people suck, philly sucks all cities suck, go buy some land

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

You said: "I predict more and more as the Democrats continue their race baiting rhetoric.
edit on 27-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: wha wha wha cry about it"

I'm not Democrat or Republican however: I find it...odd...that you would post a story like this and then post an irresponsible comment like you did. If you're going to make a comment such as you have...you should back it up with a link to information, facts, proof, of Democrats race baiting, the only thing I've seen is a few people lashing out at the tea party. So that's Dems race baiting? seriously? really? no

When you accuse someone or something of doing something as terrible as being racist you must back it up with proof because if you don't...it appears that you're traveling down the same road as the racist.

edit on 27-9-2011 by tracehd1 because: add

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by tracehd1

You said: "I predict more and more as the Democrats continue their race baiting rhetoric.
edit on 27-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: wha wha wha cry about it"

I'm not Democrat or Republican however: I find it...odd...that you would post a story like this and then post an irresponsible comment like you did. If you're going to make a comment such as you have...you should back it up with a link to information, facts, proof, of Democrats race baiting.

When you accuse someone or something of doing something as terrible as being racist you must back it up with proof because if you don't...it appears that you're traveling down the same road as the racist.

BS.

It was not irresponsible, it was an OPINION, did you not read the enlarged I indicating me, my own, from myself. . . . .

Or you could read the comment I left under it

WHA WHA CRY ABOUT IT.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
Lol, the answer isn't get a gun, the answer is educate the kids. And when they have children, they will teach them right and wrong. And leave that abortion option on the table and get rid of Jesus, then when unfit people become pregnant (thanks for all the sex sex SEX, media) maybe they won't breed cretins. It would really suck to have to blow someone away, even if they break into your house and threaten your life. Its too bad the politicians would rather keep the poor down and leave them there, and its also too bad some poor people glorify a life of crime.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by davidgrouchy

Originally posted by Jason88

Violence begets violence, and anger is a gift.

OMG

Roll on the floor laughing my asp off.

I can't believe for one second that the government is unaware of the connection between monoxide emissions and brain asphyxia.

Brain asphysixa causes huge spikes in unchecked anger.
Anyone who has seen the freak out scene in Apollo 13 knows what this is about.

David Grouchy
edit on 27-9-2011 by davidgrouchy because: (no reason given)

I wonder what the demographics are for that Chicago map ?
The map on the right is not showing the entire city either !
The north side is cut off !

surprise surprise !

I know, do YOU?

hint: it looks like the whole city has the emissions problem.

but look REAL close at the murder problem !

anybody's guess maybe !

edit on Sep-27-2011 by xuenchen because: the full map is in this post www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   

It's the economy. If these kids were working, they wouldn't have time to sit around and jack people.
Do something Congress instead of sitting on your asses building your personal wealth. It will not save you.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
AND,

just HOW will the averge "person" see this display ?

Note: this IS the President speaking ....

not an imposter

President Barack Obama told blacks on Saturday to quit crying and complaining and "put on your marching shoes" and help him fight for jobs and opportunity.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drew99GT

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Why didn't he have a gun to defend himself? As soon as that mob kicked in my door they would have become bodies instead of people. I will never understand why people allow themselves to be victimized.

I don't know Pennsylvania's laws, but some states have very draconian self defense laws. Even if you shoot and kill someone in self defense, you'll be charged with murder.

Thankfully other states like Texas have make my day laws that give criminal and civil defense to using deadly force against an attack in your own home.

That happened in my old neighborhood, I moved from Philly to Alabama in 2010, I am still registered to carry in Philly and had taken the safety courses which goes over the laws, in Philly when someone breaks into your home you can make them look like swiss cheese BUT you better not shoot them in the back, and if they fall out the door and land on the sidewalk you better drag them back in or you will be charged with murder. The only way you can shoot a crminal in the back is if he/she is in your bedroom tehn blast away. Philadelphia has gotten bad and that neighborhood used o be a very nice quiet place, now it is crap. I moved from the City of brotherly hate because I have two young daughters and wanted a safe place for them to grow up.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Wow lets really stretch a simple story in a race war, we dont know why this guys house was attacked, but hum hum its gotta be cause obama is in power, wow thanks again for making a big story out of nothing, people are just plain racist thats all lol, you dont need to be on either side of the coin...

just my 2 cents

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
To the people waving the political flag;

Where the hell do you get off bringing politics into this thread?

Let's be clear here, the white guy could have pretty much killed every single person who broke into his home and attacked him. He would have been defending his family and himself.

I've noticed an increasing trend of Black families being super-hostile at victims of Black criminals.

You will note that the criminal himself/herself sits in court unmoved, because this person understands they were at fault, but the family somehow thinks race is the reason why their family member is in jail.

What's this country coming to when people cannot even accept that a person will be held accountable for their actions? If you viciously attack someone, your ass is going to get locked up. If you rob someone or break into their house, you're going to get locked up.

This isn't rocket science. This isn't a racial issue. Whites are not excluded from these rules.

I have yet to see a white family go ballistic in a courthouse, after hearing their family member is going to pay for his/her crime. Yet we see this all the god damned time from Black people. Is there some misunderstood fundamental logic they are not getting here?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by dukeofjive

Who blamed Obama?

I said that Democrat's race baiting tactics are encouraging such actions.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
sad thing is they don't represent the whole community but that's how the community is viewed because of their actions. They are what bring their race back in race relations and everyone blames the white man. Today's black are yesterday's whites and vice versa.

It all comes from the parents or lack of. The parent/s they do have are nothing more than lazy, lowlife, grubbing, welfare handout recipients who teach this behavior to their children.

Bust my door down and watch what happens.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Theprimevoyager
Why I keep an aluminum baseball bat handy around the house.

I keep a samurai sword around the house. It's the sharpest piece of metal I have ever dealt with. I'm not a blade collector nor am I into any form of martial arts, I just happened to receive the sword as a gift years back. I should probably go with the bat protection method instead...I can't imagine how gruesome nightmarish the outcome would be if I ever actually had to use it to defend myself in my home, I'm sure it'd scar me psychologically.

More on topic, I can't believe the mother actually blamed the victim for her son being arrested. That's disgusting and scary. She obviously won't teach the child that what he was a part of was wrong if she is defending him and making it a race thing. It'll only get worse if parents choose to act with the response of blame and ignorant hatred. (That goes for any race)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   

"shooting looters" is a pretty basic rule all societies should follow.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   

Funny you should mention "race baiting" when this thread is clearly a case of "political baiting." Did you read the story you posted? How does this have anything to do with a political party?? Your post lacks responsibility and honesty.
reply to post by TinkerHaus

I'm glad you called him out on that. I mean did the OP really have to include that last line? It's so clear he wanted to tie this incident in with an attack on democrats. Some of these threads will twist anything to attack each others political parties. This is exactly why we have a do nothing congress.

I wish the mods would just remove threads that clearly are used to attack political parties. With that kind of mentality, we're no better than the self absorbed idiots and morons we elect into office.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
It is sad how many of these racial stories still go around. I wish people understood that we are all linked to the infinte together, we are all apart of the same stone. But the elites love to make us think that way. They love the world of duality Black and White, fat and skinny. Think of the soul or the counsiousness it does not care about any of that. I wish more people on earth would learn that.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Epirus

Its funny how many people have knives or swords under the bed even in Sydney, you never know when a pycho breaks in. My wife was the distributor of many famous knive brands so i had all sorts of state of the art ones under my belt lol.

I hope no one ever has to use them though.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9 >>

join