It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Racial tensions in Philly: Mob attacks man in his house - 'We got you, you white mother-------!'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 08:58 AM
link   
Some unfortunate new coming out of Philly this morning.

Chased home: Mob attacks man in his house
www.philly.com...

But the attackers pounded on his front windows and kicked his wooden door so hard, it flew open and some of them entered his house.

"The first guy hits me with a pipe. The second guy knocks me in the face. All I'm hearing is my wife and kids screaming," said LaVelle, who feared that the next time they saw him, he would be in a casket.

He said that he was able to push the attackers out the door, but then a third man - who had a gun - tried to extend his arm. LaVelle grabbed onto the gunman's lower arm and shoulder so he couldn't raise the weapon. Then, police sirens screamed in the neighborhood, and the mob turned and ran.

And get this . . . one off the attackers Mothers returned to the scene to harass the man

LaVelle said that the next day the mother of the juvenile came back with some other people, banging on his door, screaming. LaVelle, who was at a charity sports event, was called back to the house by one of his sons.

When he got home, LaVelle said, the mother yelled at him, " 'You white mother------, you got my kid locked up! You got my son locked up because he's black, you're white!' " The mother claimed that her son had been "a witness," not an attacker. To that, LaVelle said if that were true, it would come out in court.

But the mother, according to LaVelle, then yelled: " 'If you make it to court! I know where you live!' "

Police public affairs could not confirm yesterday if the mother has been arrested for making threats.

It is sad to hear about things like this, but . . .

edit on 27-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: (no reason given)

I predict more and more as the Democrats continue their race baiting rhetoric.
edit on 27-9-2011 by MasterGemini because: wha wha wha cry about it

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:01 AM
link   
Woman should be thanking the man that her son isn't in the morgue. This gentleman had every right to shoot to kill with what they did.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Funny you should mention "race baiting" when this thread is clearly a case of "political baiting."

Did you read the story you posted? How does this have anything to do with a political party?? Your post lacks responsibility and honesty.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   
Why didn't he have a gun to defend himself? As soon as that mob kicked in my door they would have become bodies instead of people. I will never understand why people allow themselves to be victimized.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
This is why the 2nd Amendment is in place. The police cannot protect you when madness begins. Just imagine if SHTF, and you have flash mobs busting into your home for your supplies.

You cannot hesitate. People are losing their minds.

Those guys are lucky. An AR-15 could have had them running for their lives.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
Funny you should mention "race baiting" when this thread is clearly a case of "political baiting."

Did you read the story you posted? How does this have anything to do with a political party?? Your post lacks responsibility and honesty.
Are you being obtuse? Have you missed the class and racial hate being preached by the democratic party and by obama himself?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:11 AM
link   
Yes a gun would have taken care of the issue and thats what will happen if something like this happens at my house. I'm white and live in the hood and they hate me because I'm there.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DarthMuerte
Why didn't he have a gun to defend himself? As soon as that mob kicked in my door they would have become bodies instead of people. I will never understand why people allow themselves to be victimized.

I don't know Pennsylvania's laws, but some states have very draconian self defense laws. Even if you shoot and kill someone in self defense, you'll be charged with murder.

Thankfully other states like Texas have make my day laws that give criminal and civil defense to using deadly force against an attack in your own home.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:13 AM
link   
reply to post by mikellmikell

Hogwash; there's no such thing as black against white racism. (sarcasm)

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:14 AM
link   
These kinds of fights happened before the "Democrats were race baiting". If they weren't happening you'd find something else to blame them for. They had nothing to do with these people fighting. No, I'm not a democrat, but I do try to look at things fairly. Obama was not there, Pelosi was not there, just those kids and that man. That's it's.

You guys are just like all the sheep you screech about.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:15 AM
link   
reply to post by DarthMuerte

Are you being obtuse? You show me how this is a result of any political party's propaganda. Show me. If you can't then keep your insults to yourself - this is political propaganda right here, although probably more due to blind obedience and parroting your favorite right-wing talk show host than actual self-inspired thought.

Again, if you can't draw a clear line from the incident to the accusation you should stop slinging insults. This kind of thing happens EVERY DAY - just because your favorite "news" organization decided to frame it this way doesn't make it truth. Obtuse? No.

link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

I am not much of an advocate for violence, but in this certain situation I would be a great advocate for the second amendment right to bear arms and for the concealed carry law. I guarantee if this happened in my neighborhood, those people would not have left my house, (well, they wouldn't have walked out anyway). We do have a right to defend ourselves against this type of behavior. I suppose that is off topic though. What the real issue is has become all too real - that we have become a nation that is divided to the point were racial, political, and religious intolerance is the norm. It seems that TPTB is pushing for this agenda so much, that it carries over into all cultures. I wouldn't be surprised if they were even planning to start a race war, and we see the precursor to that right now in the terminology of "class warfare". This reminds me of a great qoute by Abraham Lincoln- “A house divided against itself cannot stand.”
I won't lie and say that I have an answer to all of these things, but it would be great to give peace a chance and learn to work together as the whole human race instead breaking people up into different categories. Yes, I realize that this might all be a dream, but it is possible but you have to be realistic about it. If there is a direct threat to you and your family, you have the right to defend yourself and take care of the situation.

link   
Philly is like night of the living dead.There are about a million and a half crackheads roaming the strreets looking for their next crack rock.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by antonia
These kinds of fights happened before the "Democrats were race baiting". If they weren't happening you'd find something else to blame them for. They had nothing to do with these people fighting. No, I'm not a democrat, but I do try to look at things fairly. Obama was not there, Pelosi was not there, just those kids and that man. That's it's.

You guys are just like all the sheep you screech about.

I said the I, as in ME, predict that as the Democrats continure screaming racism at anyone and everything these sort of events will increase in frequency.

They have planted the idea in the heads of their constituents that groups like the Tea Party are trying to "See them hang" or " Put them back in slavery."

Just you wait for the election . . .

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:17 AM
link   
Let's see if the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will come by to condemn the mob violence........Lets see how long I can hold my breath..............1...............2..............3.........4..........5...........................................

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:18 AM
link   
It should be noted by everyone reading this thread that the thread itself and some that have spoken up in it's defense are clearly "race baiting" and promoting "class warfare." Although it's subtle, it's definitely there and serves many purposes. Think about it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   
instead of trying to police the whole world. thousands of our military should be called back to the usa. then they should systematically clear out the morons and psychopaths,one city at a time. patrol through them in amored personnel carriers and use deadly force if nessessary and round up all these punk gang members and get them off of our streets and away from the innocent, hard working people...

but crime is "big business" in the usa...so it's not gonna happen...

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinkerHaus
It should be noted by everyone reading this thread that the thread itself and some that have spoken up in it's defense are clearly "race baiting" and promoting "class warfare." Although it's subtle, it's definitely there and serves many purposes. Think about it.

No subtle race baiting here . . .

I clearly stated that it is I who predicts more of this as the election cycle continues.

Did you make that account today just to troll this thread?

Are you some shill?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by pavil
Let's see if the Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton will come by to condemn the mob violence........Lets see how long I can hold my breath..............1...............2..............3.........4..........5...........................................

Of course they won't; The "Reverend" Jesse Jackson and Al Sharpton, and all the other racism profiteers want nothing BUT strained race relations, because they profit from it and they get attention because of it. If we had race equality in the US and reparations were paid, the black racism profiteers would be out of business and go broke.

This isn't race baiting, it's the god's honest truth, and until and unless you're a hard working white guy who continually gets called a cracker, a whitey etc. by black guys when you in fact have not uttered or even thought of one racial slur towards them, you'll be stuck in your liberal safe haven fantasy land.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by MasterGemini

No, no, and no.

I'm just some guy who registered an account today, saw your post, noted it's ridiculousness, and commented.

So can we blame the Republican Party for brainwashing people into seeing things a certain way, without proof, without merit, simply to bloody the eye of the opposing party? Race issues have existed in this country since it's founding, in case you didn't take 4th grade US History.. Why is it a political party's fault all of a sudden? This is a classic example of taking a VALID argument out of context and framing it as something it most definitely isn't.

Calling it something it isn't is irresponsible and only happens to serve an alternate agenda. You know it and I know it and anyone with a few live brain cells in their head knows it as well.

So please, answer me this; Is it the GOPs fault that so many righties see everything in black and white with no shades of gray? Is it the GOPs fault that during an election period stories like this that happen EVERY DAY in this country are framed in this manner? Who's fault is that?

It should be noted I'm not a Democrat or a Republican but tend to be fairly conservative and a Constitutionalist - I just don't see how this is a political event in any way.. But I definitely see why the GOP would want to frame it as such.

edit on 27-9-2011 by TinkerHaus because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join