It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the truth movement clings to their theories

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

There is a lot more to history than what is taught in school. Anyone who thinks the whole story is in the books is foolish. Almost as foolish as the people who believe everything they read on internet conspiracy sites.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:12 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
Fear.

The deep down fear that the government that many of them love to hate, that has been normally been so evilly portrayed by Hollywood, is actually quite inefficient and sloppy......and quite frankly, can't hold a secret to save its life once the politicians get involved.

Of course it's fear.

And they don't want to face the fact that despite of our military might, that they are indeed NOT safe from assymetrical tactics that terrorists use. They cannot fathom that if someone is willing to sacrifice their life in order to hurt what they perceive as their oppressors, then there is very little that can be done to stop them.

The ironic thing is that in order to be safer, we need to take the steps down the slippery slope of a police state whereby there is increased surveillance, etc.

Quite the paradox.....

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Joey Canoli

And normally its the ones who whine the most about TSA, who will also whine the government didn't do enough to stop an attack.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:16 PM
link   

There is a lot more to history than what is taught in school. Anyone who thinks the whole story is in the books is foolish. Almost as foolish as the people who believe everything they read on internet conspiracy sites.

Are we arguing the same point? Sorry, I thought we were on opposite sides when you starting debating me on the whole "gov't lies" issue.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   

I'm too old to believe that the government always tells the truth. The cover up about 9/11 has nothing to do with PNAC, the Jews, controlled demolition etc......

It has everything to do hiding the incompetence/poor planning/arrogance and short sightedness shown by our elected officials over the years and the cya mentality shown by so many government officials when it came to terrorism.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Please Note:

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.
If you feel inclined to make the board aware of news, current events,
or important information from other sites;
*please post one or two paragraphs,
*a link to the entire story,
*AND your opinion, twist or take on the news item,
as a means to inspire discussion or collaborative research on your subject.

edit on Mon Sep 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   

And normally its the ones who whine the most about TSA, who will also whine the government didn't do enough to stop an attack.

And paradoxically, I agree with the objections to the TSA thing.

I believe they can never be effective, IMHO...

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Joey Canoli

I'm not a big fan of TSA either. I view it as the politicians doing something so they can look at the voters and say, We did something.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Oh yes those buildings also were so shamed they decided to evaporate themselves to "save face". Giving the old greedy incompetent coots an out.

Completely immersing the debris fields with water , and yet not being able to put out the heat and "FIRES" is a sign of the NYFD's incompetence as well.

And every move after including the destruction of your economy was all to "save face" as well...

Amazing how you feel incompetence is a better description of ALL EVENTS.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:14 AM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Many people took money from the government who were affected by 911 ... when they took that money, they were also told to "shut the hell up." I am sure they got the message.

Of course, there are few rogues who were in the government who have come out and spoken out against the government 911 theory. But the MSM for the most part won't touch it. And ... plausible denial ... and ... they're kooks to boot.

It is a pretty good bet that if an agent of the U.S. Gov. came knocking on your door and told you to shut up ... you will shut up.

I can assure you that there are many things happening RIGHT NOW that you will never be aware of ... ever.

And of course, there is ALWAYS plausible denial ... like committing suicide by shooting yourself in the head 3 times.

You're falling into the trap son.

It happened right in front of your face ... but then again ... you're a "patriotic" American. The government would never do that. And besides ... the government is to stupid to get away with it.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
I don't believe that fear is the main motivator. I think it is the feeling of greatness, of being "awoken", of being able to see through all the lies, being one of the few who has the wits to figure it all out, of being special in an otherwise pretty much meaningless life. I think this feeling is addictive and people will go through great lengths in order to keep it. Similarly some people find refugee in virtual worlds.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:23 AM
link   
If the OS is true where is the evidence that proves it? Let’s hope the evidence is not "our government is the good guy and they wouldn’t do such a thing."

Where is the incontrovertible evidence that proves that truthers cannot accept a substantial body of cold hard evidence that proves the events happened as the government claimed?

Remember if the OS is to be believed the attacking forces had a substantial amount of luck but if it was inside job there is no luck involved at all because it’s a perfectly planned and executed plan that requires substantial expertise, organisational ability and cover

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by -PLB-
I don't believe that fear is the main motivator. I think it is the feeling of greatness, of being "awoken", of being able to see through all the lies, being one of the few who has the wits to figure it all out, of being special in an otherwise pretty much meaningless life. I think this feeling is addictive and people will go through great lengths in order to keep it. Similarly some people find refugee in virtual worlds.

For once I actually agree with you.

Yes we do see through the lies, and yes we do have the wits to figure it out. Thanx, good to know even you can admit to noticing that fact.

If there is something wrong with being addicted to exposing the truth then call me a junkie. Seems to me you are addicted to defecting any discussion regarding the lies commonly know around here as the OS. You seem to post more often than any 'truthers' do. Not sure if I can quite put my finger on which adiction is worse? That's the down side of being a junkie I guess?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:19 AM
link   
reply to post by ANOK

If you agree with me, you agree that you are basing your position on feelings, and not physics, facts or rational thought in general. I don't think that you agree to that. On the contrary, I think it is necessary for you to disagree with that, as it would weaken your position. The stronger you believe it, the better you feel. The more you doubt it, the worse you feel.

But at least you do agree that it makes you feel better, so you do admit you have a motive that has nothing to do with any truth.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   

reply to post by AtlantisX99

Ah yes.
The government that cannot share information between intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies without an Act of Congress.

The government that forbids its intelligence from talking to Third World contacts if those individuals have "human rights" issues.

The government whose military cannot even feed itself without civilian contractors (thank you Bill Clinton).

Yeah that government is capable of pulling off the conspiracy of the century........dream on.

Clinton? The military fed themselves fine until Bush started his BS wars overseas so he could privatize war. And when you control media and money you can pull off anything.

Sorry, but I've spent too many years studying history and working for the government to ever have a foggy mind when it comes to how the government works.

A cog in a machine rarely understands how the machine fully works. Does a janitor know as much about the company as the CEO?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010
Clinton? The military fed themselves fine until Bush started his BS wars overseas so he could privatize war. And when you control media and money you can pull off anything.

Do you think that the government controls media and money, and thus can pull off anything? Do you think that the government pulled of 911? If both answers are yes, then why do you think they pulled off 911?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:10 AM
link   

Originally posted by buster2010

Do you think that the government controls media and money, and thus can pull off anything? Do you think that the government pulled of 911? If both answers are yes, then why do you think they pulled off 911?

What was the result of 9/11? Two wars in countries that did nothing to us. Afghanistan didn't attack us nor did Iraq. Just more welfare for the war machine.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:12 AM
link   
reply to post by buster2010

If the government is capable of pulling off anything, why do they require 911 to pull off those wars? Why don't they pull off those wars directly without an extremely complex operation with very high risk of exposure?

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   

reply to post by buster2010

If the government is capable of pulling off anything, why do they require 911 to pull off those wars? Why don't they pull off those wars directly without an extremely complex operation with very high risk of exposure?

Er, the Bush administration needed to take the American public (and world) with them before invading Iraq and Afghanistan. So it had to create a false-flag attack so that its aggression, causing hundreds of thousands of deaths and thousands of American body-bags, would be supported by voters and the world in general.

I would have thought this was obvious.

posted on Sep, 27 2011 @ 06:55 AM
link   

Fear.

The deep down fear that the government that many of them love to hate, that has been normally been so evilly portrayed by Hollywood, is actually quite inefficient and sloppy......and quite frankly, can't hold a secret to save its life once the politicians get involved.

If anything, history has shown it is far easier to believe in the omnipotence of government, than it is to believe in its incompetence, which is why so many people find it hard to accept the reality of the events of that day. Even when faced by the events like the response to Katrina, we saw people claiming it was a racial thing, rather than poor planning.

Starting a New Thread?...Look Here First

AboveTopSecret.com takes pride in making every post count.
Please do not create minimal posts to start your new thread.

edit on Mon Sep 26 2011 by DontTreadOnMe because: (no reason given)

edit on 26-9-2011 by vipertech0596 because: (no reason given)

I agree with you 100%. Plain old ordinary inefficient fallible human beings. Plus a good dose of arse covering when they cock-up. You've also got to add in the arse covering by lower grade civil servants when they pass incorrect information upwards which then gets relayed over the media. In that instance the whole chain from top to bottom starts to behave like a conspiracy as they frantically try to appear competant!!!!!!!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join