It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The real reason why the truth movement clings to their theories

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by superman2012

Study Watergate, the Church Hearings, the Tower Commission, read the Boland Amendment, study the changes made after each of those and get back to me. Also, you might want to learn about the CYA mentality that is so pervasive in the Government today.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by vipertech0596

Still obsessed with truthers I see.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by vipertech0596
Fear.

The deep down fear that the government that many of them love to hate, that has been normally been so evilly portrayed by Hollywood, is actually quite inefficient and sloppy......and quite frankly, can't hold a secret to save its life once the politicians get involved.

Really? That is the best you can come up with?

Forget physics, engineering, metallurgy, and aviation.....it's just fear?

Whew, thanks for clearing all of that up. Too bad daddy didn't know he was supposed to catch you when he tossed you up...(Gravity is a beyotch.)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

The motto of ATS is Deny Ignorance. I'm just trying to clear the fog from your mind so you can accept reality.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

NO!

The motto of ATS is deny igroance: correct

What IS discussed here is fully open to debate, ats does not resolve issues or questions, just opens all possibiltys open to those that wish to debate it.

The reality of a debate is not statment of fact and not to be taken as 100% fact.

edit on 26-9-2011 by Biigs because: (no reason given)

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
reply to post by bozzchem

Oh such WIT!!!!!

I haven't forgotten anything about the four subjects you mentioned. I'm also pretty sure you don't know as much about them as you think.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by superman2012
Even if one assumes that North Korea was intent on conquest, it remains the case that the United States had no reliable evidence on which to base its charge of North Korean aggression.

The fact that North Korea conquered 95% of South Korea and pushed UN forces its way all the way down to the Pusan perimeter is somewhat of a hint of North Korean aggression.

...and what does this have anything to do with why the truth movement clings to their theories?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Study Watergate, the Church Hearings, the Tower Commission, read the Boland Amendment, study the changes made after each of those and get back to me. Also, you might want to learn about the CYA mentality that is so pervasive in the Government today.

So you are talking about the ones that got caught and highly publicized? Of them all, do you think the US gov't is soooo stupid that they only did things wrong and didn't learn from their mistakes? Out of all the potential lies the government can tell us, you think they got caught at every one!? Wow. I don't know what is worse, a lying government or one so stupid, everytime they try to lie they get caught.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoodOlDave

Originally posted by superman2012
Even if one assumes that North Korea was intent on conquest, it remains the case that the United States had no reliable evidence on which to base its charge of North Korean aggression.

The fact that North Korea conquered 95% of South Korea and pushed UN forces its way all the way down to the Pusan perimeter is somewhat of a hint of North Korean aggression.

...and what does this have anything to do with why the truth movement clings to their theories?

Please read the whole post, and the ones before it.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:39 PM
link   

reply to post by ATH911

The motto of ATS is Deny Ignorance. I'm just trying to clear the fog from your mind so you can accept reality.

Funny again, I'm trying to do the same to people like you!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   

Like I said, read the history books. You might just discover reality.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
reply to post by FaceLikeTheSun

As such, its really not abou keeping a secret but to fulfill an ancient agenda

Say what?
You mean the Pharos knew about the twin towers? Which book is that in?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ATH911

Sorry, but I've spent too many years studying history and working for the government to ever have a foggy mind when it comes to how the government works.

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   

reply to post by AtlantisX99

Ah yes.
The government that cannot share information between intelligence agencies and law enforcement agencies without an Act of Congress.

The government that forbids its intelligence from talking to Third World contacts if those individuals have "human rights" issues.

The government whose military cannot even feed itself without civilian contractors (thank you Bill Clinton).

Yeah that government is capable of pulling off the conspiracy of the century........dream on.

Yes, because clearly everything your government does is public, above board and follows 'the rules'

Dream on? I think you need to WAKE UP!

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Like I said, read the history books. You might just discover reality.

Please enlighten me. Just give me a taste of your path to reality. What in your mind is reality when everything I have stated is fact (in my reality anyways)? Have I stymied you?

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   

reply to post by ATH911

Sorry, but I've spent too many years studying history and working for the government

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   

reply to post by ATH911

Sorry, but I've spent too many years studying history and working for the government to ever have a foggy mind when it comes to how the government works.

So you know everything there is to know about governments because you worked/work for the government? As for studying history...well, we all know that the winners write the history books. You only know what you have been taught as far as that goes.

Unless you have worked in every capacity of the government (every job), I still don't believe you know everything. You, working for the gov't, should know that everything is compartmentalized. Even the Army is need to know. A General doesn't share what he knows with a Private.

link   
reply to post by AtlantisX99

No, its because my government is clumsy, inefficient, and incredibly short-sighted when it comes to politics in regards to our security.

link   
boredom would get my vote

posted on Sep, 26 2011 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Short version. Politicians spent thirty years systematically dismantling our defenses and building walls between agencies that prevented them from sharing information in response to the events I listed earlier. In the name of staying in office, political expediency, and the "greater good", our elected officials left us pretty naked. Go back and look, you will find commentaries warning us that at some point we were going to be attacked.........few people took it seriously.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join