It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Are the people of USA willing to stand up and fight?

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 01:56 PM
link   
I can say unequivocably, yes, I would fight for what I believe in. I do, every chance I get but for the battles that I really want to fight I cannot do alone and need people beside me.

The biggest problem in this country is the fact that people do more feeling than they do thinking.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Unvarnished

And you will continue to be ignored.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
Non-violent, non-cooperation is the only actions that we can take to bring about any positive change.

Most of you pay for your own enslavement. How many members pay interest on credit cards and various other loans? How many pay taxes? How many members complain about GM foods but then go out and buy it because they are to lazy to find healthy alternatives? If each of us took back control of our lives there would be no control left for them. Just stop cooperating.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by Witness2008
How many members pay interest on credit cards and various other loans? How many pay taxes? How many members complain about GM foods but then go out and buy it because they are to lazy to find healthy alternatives? If each of us took back control of our lives there would be no control left for them. Just stop cooperating.

I can say that I have told my mortgage company to kiss my ass.
I have quit paying them.

Does that count?

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Skewed

Yes it does. And if we all just stopped paying them we would all be safe as they simply do not have the resources to deal with every citizen that decides to reject serfdom.

Be careful as you go and seek out others that are like minded, they may have some good resources for you to fall back on legally.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Non-violent, non-cooperation is the only actions that we can take to bring about any positive change.

Define positive change. Is rebuilding Nagasaki and Hiroshima considered positive change? Is the rebuilding of Iraq considered positive change? Seems to me, the world is a better place after killing 50 million in WWII. Diplomacy only goes so far and it always causes more conflict. Take a look at Israel today.

Many times, we have to take a step back before we go forward. We just need to make sure we don't step to far back and lose who we are or were. Death is part of life and sometimes it just can't be avoided.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
I'm going to FnS this thread for the amount of text you've provided. At least you didn't just ask a question with
no input of your own. Now I have a question for you. Why do you want to see a bunch of americans get hammered ? You can't be that naive ? You must really hate us to encourage such a thing / How about I invite you to dinner ? You may forego a thorough ass wup'in but my wife makes a superb meatloaf.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
I can't really "take it to the streets" as I have children to take care of and I can't do it sitting behind bars. The way I was raised I can assure you that is exactly where I will be. I am as sweet as pie but let someone put their hands on me...cop or no cop I will find myself more than likely swinging or saying something I shouldn't.

Either way...with or without ME in the streets it really wouldn't work. My fellow American's care....but the ones I know are not affected to a point of "revolt". I am not sure why either. I am beginning to wonder if we don't all feel somewhat powerless over the situations we find our selves in. I am not sure, like I said.

It does sadden me that survival by means of the Earth (crops and such) is a struggle for most American's these days as is the entire world. How much do we spend at the store to eat? How much do we spend to keep that food cold with electricity? Water? These are all things the entire world should NOT pay for. That would solve some of our hunger issues globally not to mention not effect people in such a way that they cannot eat because of no food. I mean...if everyone lived in communities where they grew their own food, some type of electricity for the community, I think the world would be a closer type race AND learn to share and work together for a cause.

NONE of us should ever go hungry but we do...we have...and we are. It is sickening really!!

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Witness2008

Your absolutely right! Non-cooperation. It really is that simple. Money is one step above absolute slavery. If we choose to work with each other in providing what goods and services we could through bartering would be an excellent first step. Pay off your debts, rid yourself of credit of any kind. Limit your use of any banks. Provide as much for yourself with your own hands and knowledge. Use your skills to help others without your skills and vice-versa.

Each and every American needs to consciously make the choice not to slave themselves to the system. ie: banking, insurance, government of all levels. It isn't comfortable but it is the way we can change what is wrong with the system. Vote people out of office, even if they 'seem' to be doing the right thing. DO NOT allow our public servants to ever become complacent with their duties. Keep voting them out until someone who does serve the people and not special interests, lobbyists, campaign contributors etc, is finally able to truly represent YOU!

We still have a great magnificent country here in the USA. It is still ours even if the ones who are 'in control' are robbing the workers in the USA blind! You make it great. Not Obama or the US Marines, not Apple or GM, it is each and every ONE of us who make the USA what it is and by actively making choices in our daily lives to be dependent upon ourselves, deflate the governments power back to the proper levels by using our votes and voices. Try to be a brother and sister to your fellow Americans no matter how reprehensible they may be at times.

There has been quite a few great points made by many in this thread. I for one am minded of wanting to take up arms but it really is more simple, subtle and still within our grasp the means to do this without bloodshed. Our founding fathers were very smart men and they provided ample ways for you and I to change the way we are governed. Perhaps by design or just good grace folks here in the USA are slowly waking up while there are still ways to change. I believe we can make the true changes in our government before those 'in control' take those remaining ways of change away from us.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
I would if the real bad guys would stand up and show themselves.
If I go toe to toe with someone I don't want to waste my time slapping down their butler.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by tigermountain

Well first off you have to be smart about it before going all out. Just because one side of the spectrum is doing it doesn't mean everyone does it at once. It is a process where we must build a case valid enough for others to witness it for themselves, and hopefully they'll find the truth about what is really going on.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
To answer your question, just look at how much gun and ammo sales have exploded over the last few years.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   
Ladies and gentlemen

I do hope that you realize I did not mean fight as in blow your neighbours head off. i meant it in a civil but solid grounded approach one of intelligence to show the people in charge that you are smart enough to be able to handle yourselves. Unlike a lot of places and people i met here in Europe who hardly knew why they were on the street fighting like the rest of us.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 05:28 PM
link   
[
edit on 31/08/2011 by tigermountain because: dp

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
reply to post by tigermountain

What absence of News coverage? It got reporting equal to the stories value and perhaps more. There were 300 people (approx) and some were interviewed. I got all that from MSM sources. The interviews were I guess embarrassing. I enjoyed the girl who has "a background in Anarchy". Short Bus candidates are always entertaining at such functions.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by americanbuffalo1

THAT was the most eleoquent post on this thread yet. Kudos. We need to return to For the People, By the People...and to do just that, we need to continually be vigilant in for whom we cast our precious vote for. However, what to do when the NONE of the candidates are worthy of our previous votes...that's where I am stumped.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod

Define positive change. Is rebuilding Nagasaki and Hiroshima considered positive change? Is the rebuilding of Iraq considered positive change? Seems to me, the world is a better place after killing 50 million in WWII. Diplomacy only goes so far and it always causes more conflict. Take a look at Israel today.

Many times, we have to take a step back before we go forward. We just need to make sure we don't step to far back and lose who we are or were. Death is part of life and sometimes it just can't be avoided.

I'm unsure as to how the rebuilding of Nagasaki plays into this particular conversation. I am only addressing the fact that we the 80% of american citizens that make it all work reap the rewards of our labor, and stop being mindless slaves for the sake of convenience.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
reply to post by whos2know

I feel our main problem right now is with the censoring of information by the MSM. The people do not have the information required to make an intelligent decision on who gets their vote. Most of the information is bought and paid for by the politicians so that WE THE PEOPLE never hear the truth about anything. We only hear the information specifically designed to give us a particular perception, good or bad, of a candidate; and perception is NOT truth. The truth about our politicians is no longer a determining factor. Honor in politics no longer exists. The only thing that matters now is how we perceive the candidates to be and the perception of honor when non exists.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by consciousgod

I'm unsure as to how the rebuilding of Nagasaki plays into this particular conversation. I am only addressing the fact that we the 80% of american citizens that make it all work reap the rewards of our labor, and stop being mindless slaves for the sake of convenience.

I gave you the Nagasaki example to show that violence on an extreme level can bring about positive change. Just got to clean up the mess first.

posted on Sep, 21 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Sure, I'm willing to fight, but the thing is, I'll probably be fighting you. Don't assume that everyone here is on the same side of the fence. This scenario comes up quite often on ATS and is usually on several threads concurrently. We have the prospect of Michael Moore telling people they are going to have to rumble, for example. He is exactly the kind of person I would willingly fight against.

What usually happens with stuff like this is a bunch of young people riot in the streets and destroy the property of others. When we have riots in America who do the rioters go after? Usually the Asian store owners. I can see why. It must be grating to see people who can't even speak English immigrate legally to this country and within six months do better than people who have been on the dole all their lives. In England, what burned down? Stores owned by Indians.

These antics aren't going to "bring down Capitalism." Besides, what would you replace it with? You haven't the slightest idea. These "calls to arms" are ineffectual. The people who are serious would never talk like that, but they do have 30 round clips. So be careful what you ask for. All those arms you are calling up may wind up being pointed at you.

Peace!

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join