It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The 9/11 'jumpers

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorTom4754
reply to post by toothpastert

Have you seen how jet li and other martial artists climb up and down buildings?
2nd Line.
edit on 10-9-2011 by MajorTom4754 because: Added 2nd line.

Homer Simpson, Spiderman, and everyone else on TV can do it to. Those are called special effects. This was real life.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by Eirian

This demonstrates how religion manipulates and brain washes.

How could you possibly not claim a loved one? Sick.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
Yes, I wouldn't go near fire, and hadn't thought about the part where there most likely
wasn't any room inside the room and had to hang out just to even breathe, that I most definitely
didn't think of that.

Oh and, Thread flagged and

Eirian starred for bringing this topic up.

and

JibbyJedi + Shamatt posts at the top starred for making absolute sense

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
That wasn't suicide, their feet were on fire, they couldn't breathe, some of them couldn't see they were treading fresh air when they tried to find a comfortable place to wait.

The Daily Mail is an evil rag. I read it every day.

Let them show us these religious people who are ashamed of their dead relative because they suicided themselves on 9/11. Rubbish story.

Most people might deny that's their son or daughter falling because they can't bear to see it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
Well done MajorTom - think before you post - this forum after all is about free-thinking, nobody wants to stop full and frank discussion.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Exuberant1

I agree.

People find it so comforting to talk from the comfort of their armchairs and call other people names.

More of Americans Talking Smack ....

Unfortunately in a case such as this, these individuals didn't exactly have a myriad of choices in the matter.

and likely chose the most expedient means of the inevitable.

To Die a slow death by frying to death, lungs first. Or to jump and get it over with painlessly.

Ask any fireman, you cannot run through FIRE, at least not for long for you cannot exactly inhale superheated air due to the fire absorbing all available oxygen.

RIP 911 Victims .....

and hopefully you are in a better and happier place.

Peace.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by MajorTom4754
Either way, if they were thinking clearly...it would be better to have looked
for heat resistant items in their rooms and take your chances running through the fire,
that way least you have a CHANCE of living, but again, the pain of having a chance
is apparently too much.
Now if they couldn't find heat resistant items, then try running through with clothes you
know wont catch fire that easy, or go through naked...yes naked, that way you wont have
burning clothes and last I checked, I don't think body parts can catch fire, that easily.

If all else fails, or are too afraid to run through fire ( Which is a daunting idea ),
the building in that video seemed to be a bit tilted, not sure if it was, last idea,
slide down/climb down Jet Li/ Bruce Lee style.
edit on 10-9-2011 by MajorTom4754 because: Removed section due to demand.

You sound very judgmental of peoples actions.. in a very serious state of distress. All of these people had to be suffering from SHOCK SYNDROME , and you make it sound like it would have been so easy to use some common sense.

Anyone who can condemn these people for jumping, whether it be religious reasons.. or otherwise.. has some serious issues.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
My question is, if "God" would supposedly "shun" you for committing "suicide" because you didn't want to have your skin seared off by an inferno, then why would anyone want to worship a "God" like that?

Remember Christians, God created you in "his image", therefore God would have done the same thing. The old geezer would have jumped out a window at the first sign of pain.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   
reply to post by britchik

Yes, I shall do that.

And once again, sorry for all those offended.

I have not heard myself how bad smoke inhalation is or any fire related matters.
Just thinking about the decision they were making while sitting/standing on the window
sill is hard to do, you feel a deep pain in your chest, or is that just me?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by Cobaltic1978
reply to post by Eirian

This demonstrates how religion manipulates and brain washes.

How could you possibly not claim a loved one? Sick.

The most ironic part about the religious who turn their backs on these people..is that there god..Jesus..was capable of great miracles..yet he did not try and "skip" death..fight for his life..but willingly allowed himself killed..which many could say was a form of suicide.. as he had the power to prevent it.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by SyphonX

That is too true, why would anyone think their god would burn people in hell?

Yes, he made man in god's image, but that was when man was perfect, so to say
man burning people is man's destructive behavior, not god's behavior.

Reality = God isn't going to burn anyone, anywhere, anytime, EVER!

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
I would've died trying to climb down the inside of the building rather than jumping out like that.

I truly loathe the thoughts in my last moments alive, especially one where I am falling 9.2m/s

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:41 AM
link   
If Jesus was stuck at the top of the world trade centre unable to breath because of the thick black smoke and his skin was starting to cook because of the heat and there was no way down, would he of jumped himself like many of the others?

No one here can even begin to imagine what its like stuck at the top of a sky scraper staring death in the face and what must of been going through their minds at the time. Making that decision to jump knowing you probably wont see your loved ones again would of hurt a lot more than impacting the ground at 125mph in my opinion.

These people are not cowards, show some respect.

The more I think about god, the more I think he must be working for the CIA too.

link   
reply to post by MajorTom4754

Reality = God isn't going to burn anyone, anywhere, anytime, EVER!

Don't think anyone really has a the handle on what the reality of God is...if there indeed is a God.

Quite frankly there are a few seriously evil people out there that I would love to see go up in flames..before they hurt anyone else.

link   

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by EnlightenMe2012

The more I think about god, the more I think he must be working for the CIA too.

thats cute.. but my guess is a god who would work for the CIA ..most probably started the CIA..none of that employee stuff for God..

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:47 AM
link   
reply to post by gabby2011

I think hell is only what you make for yourself ( Badly phrased, I know )
What I mean is, look on the bright side!

And Yankee, is that link trying to say they made it like that so people COULDN'T get out
through the windows?

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:53 AM
link   

And Yankee, is that link trying to say they made it like that so people COULDN'T get out through the windows?

No, that clip is very curious. The windows of the WTC were six feet tall, yet in the video clip they're half that size. It's a very strange phenomenon...is it a composite video, is it a reconfiguration? The windows are not the same in that clip as in other shots.

posted on Sep, 10 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   

I think hell is only what you make for yourself ( Badly phrased, I know ) What I mean is, look on the bright side!

I understand what you mean.. but many make hell for others by their actions.. and I was specifically referring to was was those responsible for this catastrophe in the first place.

Also..looking back on that video..it is very possible that many of these people did not jump..but passed out from smoke inhalation, and fell to their deaths. Whatever the case. it is terribly sad and horrifying to watch, and I know if it had been my son or daughter, or husband..wife..I sure wouldn't want to be reminded of the horrors they went through that day, and it would bother to think people were watching my loved ones jumping to their deaths over and over again.

edit on 10-9-2011 by gabby2011 because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join