It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Pennsylvania Restaurant Bans Children Under 6

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by megabogie
They should just ban bad parents who are ultimately responsible for having
no control over their children

Simply require any parents with young children to pay at the time of ordering with the understanding that if there is a disturbance to other customers, the party will be asked to leave immediately without refund and they can pickup the meal in take-out form as soon as it is ready. Smoking disturbs others, screaming banshees do as well.

With my 3 children the only problem my wife and I had from the time they were age 3, on was so many other customers would come over to compliment us on how well behaved our children were it sometimes made an uncomfortable scene.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by rival
Oh, I'm going to get slammed for this...

I believe it is the business owner's right to serve or exclude whoever he chooses, be it babies,
blacks, whites gays, Jews, or Christians. And then let the people who disagree vote with their
feet or exercise their right o carry a picket sign.

THAT is free-enterprise.

Note: I would NEVER patronize an establishment like that...in fact, I'd be more likely to carry
a picket sign and a bullhorn.

If I had a restaurant, the only colour I'd care about was green.
I'd separate the place into two halves, one side for families and one side for adults only.
Of course, the side with families only would have to be soundproofed, lol

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
Most people used to leave any and all restaurants if a child misbehaved out of courteousness. Forget it now.
Section 8 and HUD has taken over. We are witnessing the decline of the U.S.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger
Most people used to leave any and all restaurants if a child misbehaved out of courteousness. Forget it now.

True dat. My almost 3 year old got carried out sideways by mommy at AppleBee's. When those fruitckes get tired, they become devilish and even an exorcism will not bring them back. So you gotta get em outta there
edit on 12-7-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)

But he did come back in about 5 minutes and ate his hot dog

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adyta

Your arguments are so flawed it's beginning to be comical.

Having read your responses thus far .... I feel it was more than a little bit brazen of you to have typed the above statement.

You are making comparisons with discrimination based on religious denomination and ethnicity .

This is about behaviour i.e the diminished capacity to control ones behaviour.

Its no stretch of the imagination to see that children under 6 years of age have immature, underdeveloped brains which renders controlling their behaviour ...... a difficult task for them - to put it mildly.

Not all people who drink and drive are involved in accidents but their inability to control their actions/behaviour is grounds enough to discriminate against them. (regardless of their race, religious denomination etc.)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
You wouldn't expect to hear crying and screaming from a 40 year old adult in a restaurant and have them/the customers put up with it. Why kids?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
To the people who agree the owner should have a right flat out to ban children, as I do...

Do you agree that laws banning smoking in privately owned places is just as ridiculous?

I hope so. I dont wanna hear of any Inconsistent Ians out there...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Salamandy

Unfortunately, I do not think our own actions will be enough to counter-act the garbage.My 8yr old daughter has tried to lip off. I squashed it asap A few years from now, she is out of my influence as yours.
That thought is scarier.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by mugger

I don't see what Section 8 and HUD have to do with it

There aren't enough people in this country accepting either to destroy the economy or the social fabric of this country.
Greed and credit default swaps (amongst other things) goofed up our economy.
The internet, although a fantastic informational tool has created with its anonymity a bunch of amazingly uninformed and uninhibited boobs that wouldn't have the intestinal fortitude to say to someone's face what they do on the internet.
Wanna blame someone? Blame the ones that control the money and the media, neither of which anyone on Section 8 or accepting HUD have any control of.

I know what you are attempting to imply and you are transparent as glass.......
By the way, your avatar is fitting, lol

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by mugger

I have no idea, yet... Only heard things

3 is my oldest. My sister has a 7 year old and I cn sorta see its a whole new brand of craziness

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Salamandy

True dat. My almost 3 year old got carried out sideways by mommy at AppleBee's. When those fruitckes get tired, they become devilish and even an exorcism will not bring them back. So you gotta get em outta there
edit on 12-7-2011 by Salamandy because: (no reason given)[/edit)

Sounds like she did the right thing!! My kids have always been mild mannered and has never thrown tantrums, all I gotta do is give'm that look and they fall right into line lol
edit on 12-7-2011 by NuLife because: posted in the quote box
extra DIV

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by NuLife

Ive been wondering why my "look" isnt doing the trick.Id sy its effective 25% of the time. I remember it worked great on me sometimes when I was a youngster. I think my boys are too young just yet.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

So what it is their business not your's. They can ban whoever they want because they own it, there is no laws against it the only thing that will likely happen is they get less customers
edit on 12-7-2011 by Evanzsayz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:42 PM
link   
reply to post by PaganArchangel

It is all on the table.I would be willing to bet I could cut section 8 and HUD in half within 1 year in my town.Sorry that I went off point.
Point being, Should our government be able to tell a private business owner how to run their business?
I will accept food safety standards and basic government intrusion.
As an owner, I would think it is my right to dictate if my establishment is smoker friendly or smoke-free?

edit on 7/12/2011 by mugger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
reply to post by NuroSlam

I agree with the restaurant owner. He owns the damn restaurant, let him decide who he will and will not admit. We've had enough government interference with our lives.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

To the people who agree the owner should have a right flat out to ban children, as I do...

Do you agree that laws banning smoking in privately owned places is just as ridiculous?

No I don't, and no it's not inconsistent. One is a public policy based on regulating for the benefit of the public's health. The other is the owner's power to run his own restaurant. While you could argue that smoking also falls into the owner's power to run his own restaurant, you cannot take out the fact that smoking does interfere with the public's health. Laws regulating smoking are more akin to laws requiring owners of establishments to have fire alarms or that restaurants use a certain quality of meat so as not to get their patrons sick; not laws regulating the owners behavior. So, no inconsistency there.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: grammar

edit on 12-7-2011 by Ryanp5555 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   

reply to post by NuLife

Ive been wondering why my "look" isnt doing the trick.Id sy its effective 25% of the time. I remember it worked great on me sometimes when I was a youngster. I think my boys are too young just yet.

Have you ever used ....The Man !!!!! to discipline your children.

" I am the man .... fear the man !!!!!! "

-------

I would have to say , the "look" was enough for me also as a kid.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
I have 5 kidds and when we go out they know MOMMA dont play that.
I get alot of compliments on how well they do behave. LIL do people know I will take their butt in the bathroom and spank em if they dont lmao.
But I do not frequent resturants with a more mellow atmosphere. I wouldnt like it if I finally get a rare night out with my hubby to hear a screaming child.
Sorry folks when you have kidds, you're world changes. And nice quaint lil resturants with cadle lites are out.
And Hello all you can eat. BWAHAHAHA

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 09:55 PM
link   

heck yes, i totally understand about smoking, i am a big smoker and considerate. i carry my own ashtray.

i like to take a smoke break between a course or two or after dinner without having to leave the premises.

i really don't go to places that doesn't have easy access to a smoking area, anymore.

a smoking section or should i say, non-smoking section is a reasonable solution.

it is stupid, the laws about smoking are now.

here in HK, (exchange square, central) you can't smoke in the bus hub!! lol, 50 dbbl decker buses running at once and i can't smoke? u kidding me?

back ot;

children can be disruptive, period and i understand where he is coming from.
dealing with it when it comes up is not a great idea from any standpoint.

it's like a staff member who keeps screwing up, what do you do?

i have no problem following the rules, i will walk on by if i don't like them.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 10:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Ryanp5555

Fire alarms and tainting meat with 2nd hand smoke? Gimme a break! Lets all just stay in bed and not get up. We might step on a tack and that could become infected.

The smoking ban is so gay and unamerican and Im an ex smoker (two years strong)

If youre so turned off to smoke, find a bar that bans smoking. Same goes for finding a place that ban kids (if thats your pleasure). There happens to be one in Monroevile PA.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join