It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

'Dozens' of Women Vanish From Canadian Wilderness

page: 18
<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Thank you for bringing international attention to these horrors.
We've known this for so long. Never gets reported. We just expect everyone knows.

Hundreds of missing aboriginal women and children all across the country.
Some have been writing about it for awhile, here's 2 examples:

Canadian First Nations Witness Killed: Saw Queen Lead Away Children, 1964, B.C. Canada | Three Dead Words
threedeadwords.com...

Project Phoenix Happening Right Now in Canada: Assassinations of the Innocent | Three Dead Words
threedeadwords.com...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:17 AM
link   
I'm following this thread since it started.
Last night i almost didn't sleep reading about anything i could find(i even went through the entire highway in Google earth).Of course i hit dead end on what might have happened to those women and children.The possibilities are many (including the paranormal factor).

I have a question,sorry if it was answered before:

The "official" date that this started is 1969.The question is how do we know that this didn't happen before,but the authorities started getting reports at that date?I mean as far as we know this could happen forever and we only have data and information of the past 4 decades.

I have a feeling that this is more than the average serial killer-racist case.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   
Please excuse if this link has been posted already.. it had not up to page 15 - a most comprehensive link and indepth info -

Hidden From History: The Untold Story of the Genocides of Aboriginal Peoples in Canada
www.hiddenfromhistory.org...

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:27 AM
link   
reply to post by Phantom traveller

Follow your feeling.
It began prior to '69.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by Mividau

Originally posted by NatalinaEx
Highway of Tears: Vanishing Women in British Columbia
God Bless these women, and may justice one day be served.
Btw, I included a link to this thread in my list of resources so that others can join the conversation.
edit on 12-7-2011 by NatalinaEx because: (no reason given)

Thanks Natalina for putting you're heart and soul in to this.
To give these families a voice, which thry deserve but are un heard.
If you dont mind may I include you're link in all my posts.
edit on 12-7-2011 by Mividau because: just picking up the link

Thank you very much... and thanks to others who have commented on my article Highway of Tears: Vanishing Women in British Columbia. You're all welcome to use the link or information within however you see fit. I'm only concerned about giving these tragic cases the exposure they deserve.

For those who are saying that this should not be considered a matter of race, I need to echo the chorus of voices that are saying that Native people, and women in particular, are treated as second class citizens throughout much of Canada (and the U.S. for that matter). It is not uncommon to visit a town that is populated by 85% aboriginal people, and find approximately zero aboriginal people working in the shops and local businesses. Why? Is it because they won't work? NO! It is because bigotry is still so thick in the atmosphere that business owners will not hire them. This is only one example of many. Is it any wonder why so many Inuit and other Native Canadians are forced to live in poverty and put themselves at risk by hitch hiking from town to town to visit family or simply to find work?

We can fool ourselves into thinking that these crimes are not racially motivated. Heck, that may even be true... but there is no denying that it took the disappearance of a typically pretty, 25 year old white girl to draw National attention to these vanishings. Her case is very sad, no more or less sad than the scores of disappearances and murders of the Aboriginal women over the past several decades.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
This is an extremely sad and delicate situation and I am very very sorry this is happening. It is probably someone just like Roch Theriault kidnapping and killing them or something. That man was insane.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Originally posted by NEWclearMind
Imagine my suprise: SILO13, you have more posts in this thread than the amount of girls who are missing. It's officially 18 right? Not 43? 43 is just a thrown out number. Maybe you should help look for these girls since you have so much spare time. Let me know if you need help. I love mysteries.

I don't know where you guys are getting these numbers from, but it's way over 43. I've seen over a hundred missing persons posters on just one bulletin board alone. They're literally all over the place, at gas stations, bus stations, TV, etc. This is not just isolated to the highway of tears, nor is this new to those of us from BC.

Hell, Willy Pickton had the remains of over 50 women alone on his pigfarm (but wasn't charged for that amount). That's just one guy, and 50 Vancouver prostitutes that the system didn't give a sh!t about. There was even one woman who got away from Pickton and his farm years ago and told the RCMP what was going on there and they ignored her, labelled her as being all drugged up and delusional.

Personally, I think it's time to create a provincial militia to start taking care of us since these pigs only care about Ottawa's rules and not the lives of regular people.

This is from the OP: "So many women have disappeared along the 837-mile stretch of Highway 16 that cuts through the Rocky Mountains in British Columbia that people have started calling it "The Highway of Tears,"

Over the last three decades, 18 women have gone missing on the highway, according to police—although local aboriginal leaders say the true number is closer to 43."

This is the equivalent of me saying "we have 9 planets in our solar system, but some say it's as much as 2,300."

18 people missing in 30 years is .6 persons per year. So when you look at it in these terms, and not what people think or saw but is reported than you have a non-issue. The reason some of these might not be reported is due to runaways or lack of care. However, whatever the reason may be, only 18 people in 30 years is what concerns me. What is the big deal?

Also, just some math for you;100 posters the size of an 8.5"x11" piece of paper, arranged in a 10x10 pattern for optimum efficiency, would be a 7'x9' bulletin board.That is mighty large.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
I have not read the entire thread due to a lack of time. However, I have read enough to be outraged. Have these women benn murdered by a serial killer, or a serial rapist? Have they ben kidnapped by some sexual pervert, or by bigtfoot, or have they been abducted by aliens. I don't know. What I DO know, based on this thread, is that the RCMP are doing a terrible disservice to the aboriginal peoples of Canada. (I can't and won't claim the USA does any better.) But this is atrociaous. I don't know how Canadian law works, but I would do my damnedest to get the commanders of the units in that area on trial, along with any officers that were involved in the investigations of ANY of the abductdions, and work until they give up the truth. Someone knows a damned siite more that they are telling.
We had a simialr case in our area several years ago, and though the body was found, they were never able to bring the killer to justice.
Also, though I don't live on a reseervation, nor have I registered, I have enought Native American blood to know what discrimination is all about.
GET THESE SOBS!!!

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:10 PM
link   
reply to post by NEWclearMind

Can you say "cover up." It is either a law enforscemtn officer, or a local politician with a hell of a lot of putt.
The same thing happened in the South all the time, back in the day. Nonissue? Uh-Uh!. The tribal elders know these women disaperred. The RCMP will only admith to 8 white women.
And I niaevely thought those days were gone.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dimitri Dzengalshlevi

Imagine my suprise: SILO13, you have more posts in this thread than the amount of girls who are missing. It's officially 18 right? Not 43? 43 is just a thrown out number. Maybe you should help look for these girls since you have so much spare time. Let me know if you need help. I love mysteries.

I don't know where you guys are getting these numbers from, but it's way over 43. I've seen over a hundred missing persons posters on just one bulletin board alone. They're literally all over the place, at gas stations, bus stations, TV, etc. This is not just isolated to the highway of tears, nor is this new to those of us from BC.

Hell, Willy Pickton had the remains of over 50 women alone on his pigfarm (but wasn't charged for that amount). That's just one guy, and 50 Vancouver prostitutes that the system didn't give a sh!t about. There was even one woman who got away from Pickton and his farm years ago and told the RCMP what was going on there and they ignored her, labelled her as being all drugged up and delusional.

Personally, I think it's time to create a provincial militia to start taking care of us since these pigs only care about Ottawa's rules and not the lives of regular people.

This is from the OP: "So many women have disappeared along the 837-mile stretch of Highway 16 that cuts through the Rocky Mountains in British Columbia that people have started calling it "The Highway of Tears,"

Over the last three decades, 18 women have gone missing on the highway, according to police—although local aboriginal leaders say the true number is closer to 43."

This is the equivalent of me saying "we have 9 planets in our solar system, but some say it's as much as 2,300."

18 people missing in 30 years is .6 persons per year. So when you look at it in these terms, and not what people think or saw but is reported than you have a non-issue. The reason some of these might not be reported is due to runaways or lack of care. However, whatever the reason may be, only 18 people in 30 years is what concerns me. What is the big deal?

Also, just some math for you;100 posters the size of an 8.5"x11" piece of paper, arranged in a 10x10 pattern for optimum efficiency, would be a 7'x9' bulletin board.That is mighty large.

The distance that the highway stretches must be considered along with the relative population along the highway. I don't know the exact figures, but the areas affected along Highway 16 are largely rural, sparsely populated towns mixed with wide expanses of wilderness. The number of murdered and missing women is much more disturbing when one considers the relatively small towns and villages that dot the landscape there. In other words, you could say that One homicide in Los Angeles per week is sad but not surprising, but one homicide per week in Fargo, North Dakota might indicate a serial killer. The scope of the investigation is relative to the population of the area where the crime takes place.

Regarding the disconnect between the official number of victims and the number projected by Native leaders... your comparison isn't accurate. The reason that there is such a vast divide has been demonstrated quite clearly... it is the difference between the records kept by the Officials in charge of investigating the disappearances, and the number that has been reached by Aboriginal leaders who KNOW how many of their own have gone missing. This is the crux of the entire problem. The RCMP are focusing on a handful of missing persons cases, while many more have either been overlooked or brushed aside.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by NatalinaEx

Good point. I didn't know that info, thank you.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:38 PM
link   

It's ok. I was thinking along those same lines when I first began to research the story. For such a span of time and such a vast expanse of highway, the initial numbers do seem relatively small. But then when you consider how few people there really are along that corridor, and how many of the missing women have been virtually ignored by the RCMP, it becomes much more disturbing.

I just hope that with new light being shed on many of these cases, justice comes to those responsible for the tragic murders and unsolved disappearances of these poor women.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

According to info online, the queen visits in 1964 but mainly the in the east, no mention of any stops in the west of Canada and the October visit would preclude any type of picnic.?

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by AwakeinNM

Because it's often a factor, no matter how desperately you want to keep your head in a warm, moist hole and ignore that.

Nice avatar, by the way, I'm certain it's based off the guy's policies.

My point is that while the killer may be targeting a specific race of women, it's less about THAT and should be more about the WOMEN. It seems the spotlight is being pointed at the race issue rather than actually finding out what is happening.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
the local aboriginal leaders seem to know more than any one else.
No men, boys. how young do thy go?
It may be a local custom to abduct and rape them?
or a sex trade? some brothel uses them?

is there a lot of women getting run over? or any?
it could be a sport! to run them over.
and hide the body at the side of the road?

I had a look as a list of some of the 500?
14 to 42 years old and 2 and 3 years old??
some of them have nothing to do with what's
killing the women on the road.
the others are just normal crimes!!
some may be using them to cover there own murders.

American is now a Evil land, Canada to.
the native american Indians and aboriginal.
got mass murdered and I think it is still going on.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by DrHammondStoat

I hear you, but my question is, do we know these are murders? Have any bodies been found in this area? Because so far, they're being called "disappearences." I'm not saying I necessarily think all the women are still alive, but perhaps they were abducted and not killed? Isn't it possible? We can't rule it out.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   
reply to post by habfan1968

If this is the info you are referring to below, witness William Coombes stated his surprise over the royal couple appearing without any fanfare in Kamploops, in 1964.
I deduce that helps to confirm his testimony, since Liz and Phil were publicly announced as being in eastern Canada that same year.

Thursday, 01 April 2010 11:08

Signed statement by survivor witness followed by copy of letter already given to the Queen in January, 2008 by residential school survivors in Canada.
Statement of William Arnold Combes

I am an Interior Salish spirit dancer and am 58 years old. I live in Vancouver, Canada.

I am a survivor of the Kamloops and Mission Indian residential schools, both run by the Roman Catholic church. I suffered terrible tortures there at the hands especially of Brother Murphy, who killed at least two children. I witnessed him throw a child off a three story balcony to her death. He put me on a rack and broke some of my bones, in the Kamloops school basement, after I tried running away.

I also saw him and another priest burying a child in the school orchard one night.

In September 1964 when I was 12 years old, I was an inmate at the Kamloops school and we were visited by the Queen of England and Prince Phillip. I remember it was strange because they came by themselves, no big fanfare or nothing. But I recognized them and the school principal told us it was the Queen and we all got given new clothes and good food for the first time in months the day before she arrived.

The day she got to the school, I was part of a group of kids that went on a picnic with the Queen and her husband and school officials, down to a meadow near Dead Man's Creek. After awhile, I saw the Queen leave that picnic with ten children from the school, and those children never returned. We never heard anything more about them and never saw them again even when we were older. They were all from around there but they all vanished.

The group that disappeared was seven boys and three girls, in age from six to fourteen years old. I don't remember their names, just an occasional first name like Cecilia and there was an Edward.

What happened was also witnessed by my friend George Adolph, who was 11 years old at the time and a student there too.

This letter is on a few web sites, but this particular copy was pasted from this link
www.dailykos.com...

Peace

edit on 12-7-2011 by ItsEvolutionBaby because: forgot to add Kamloops

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   
What is the thin line between too many missing women and not enough over a period of time to draw attention to outside investigations? That is a decidedly dangerous question in my mind. This is something which will never unfold in its intirety I fear for it was as compartmentalized as Roswell...

Small pieces of the puzzle will undoubtably surface as those involved begin to die off, but really anyone who may know something from those directly involved and hear death bed confessions would also know the deep roots of this coverup and out of fear for their own lives remain quiet.

Perhaps the best that can happen is for light to be shone upon this ensnarement and thereby stop the abductions now and in the future.

posted on Jul, 12 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
reply to post by ItsEvolutionBaby

To verify that the Queen was there should not be too difficult right? That really puts this whole deal into a different perspective...

But innocent children are one side and the allegedly drug connected sex traders are another. Seems like 2 different things right?

new topics

top topics

<< 15  16  17    19  20  21 >>

join