It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

PICTURE OF BOB [HOAX]

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:05 PM
link   
reply to post by SkepticOverlord

That's ruling out the possibility that the creatures skin reflects light a a different manner though. maybe it's covered in a nanorod coating or other high tech material.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by HanoverFat

That's ruling out the possibility that the creatures skin reflects light a a different manner though. maybe it's covered in a nanorod coating or other high tech material.

Give it up mate...

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   

Please explain why someone would send staff a photo that was not original with no EXIF data, when requested for it? Why? Dishonesty. There is absolutely no other reason.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
reply to post by HanoverFat

If it doesn't reflect light, then you wouldn't see it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by readytorevolt
I dont quite understand this explanation. Are you saying that since Bob is not green like the trees and grass in the picture and his skin doesnt reflect the green these trees have its a fake?

Yes.

There is a green ambience in the entire scene that any object, regardless of color, will inherit to some degree. It's the way light and digital cameras work.

is this the only proof you have of editing? and is it possible there is green in the picture because leaves are green?

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Death_Kron

Nice argument, that's me trumped. Why was this thread even re-opened if there is no argument allowed. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a hoax too, but I'm not happy with the order that things played out. We should have seen the proof of the hoax first, and then condemn to the [hoax] bin. I think that's what has most people peeved.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

is this the only proof you have of editing? and is it possible there is green in the picture because leaves are green?

Please listen to what your being told and re-read.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

reply to post by Death_Kron

Nice argument, that's me trumped. Why was this thread even re-opened if there is no argument allowed. Don't get me wrong, I think this is a hoax too, but I'm not happy with the order that things played out. We should have seen the proof of the hoax first, and then condemn to the [hoax] bin. I think that's what has most people peeved.

Fair enough, but probably the majority of members on here have seen these type of threads time and time again and you know when someone's telling the truth and when they aren't 9 times out of 10 your instinct is correct. There were far too many holes in the OP's story that immediately made my mind up on the outcome, I didn't even need to a manipulated picture posted...

I said this in the OP's first thread, funny thing is - the "believers" will instantly forget this when the next OMG thread comes along... *sigh*

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Green is the dominant color, and value of whatever light source is used... except for the autumn (!?) colored leaves in the lower-left. Even the tree trunks are green.

Pixel average of the image:

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:28 PM
link   

That's more like it, okay, so it reflects some light, but is not close enough to a source of ambient coloured light ( the leaves) to be effected. I'm of course stretching here but only because I don't like this 'nothing to see here, we solved it for you' attitude.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by HanoverFat

Basically the light rays come in at different angles striking the same spot. Of course you are going to have some hue hitting at the same spot.

I hope I am explaining it correctly, but that's the way I see it.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:39 PM
link   
Just one other thing....

The EXIF data shows the photo was taken at nearly 4pm.....theres NOWHERE in the UK that is that dark at 4pm during this time of the year.

ScepticOverlord has given more than enough evidence to prove categorically that this is an intended HOAX, but with the time stamp also, it just adds even more weight to the fact its FAKE.

So....this guys either not in the UK...(re the darkness) or the photo was taken at a different time and the data changed to show a different date and time.

ITS A HOAX people....GET OVER IT! it wont be the last you see on here, there is a constant supply of hoaxers, trolls and spammers on here

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 02:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy
Just one other thing....

The EXIF data shows the photo was taken at nearly 4pm.....theres NOWHERE in the UK that is that dark at 4pm during this time of the year.

ScepticOverlord has given more than enough evidence to prove categorically that this is an intended HOAX, but with the time stamp also, it just adds even more weight to the fact its FAKE.

So....this guys either not in the UK...(re the darkness) or the photo was taken at a different time and the data changed to show a different date and time.

ITS A HOAX people....GET OVER IT! it wont be the last you see on here, there is a constant supply of hoaxers, trolls and spammers on here

To be fair your 4pm argument holds no merit,, He said the camera wasn't set coreectly with the date and time and unless the camera magically picks up the correct date and time when turned on the exif data would be wrong about what time the frame was snapped.

I can take a picture at midnight right in front of your eyes and make the exif say it was 3 pm 5 days ago if i wanted to.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
A search of his registration email address was very revealing... he's done this before.

He revealed his email address on 4chan (!) and it came up associated with his recent, admitted fictional stories of a paranormal nature via: /chanarchive.org/4chan/x

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by greeneyedleo
Once more.....
Staff has already been in contact with the OP and requested the original unaltered photo from the camera.
A photo was given to staff. It was not what was requested. Until the original unaltered photo with EXIF data in tact is produced, then we are at a standstill. There is nothing more than can be said or done.
Hey I am a friend of Andrews I live in texas and he lives in England, Andrew has asked me to inform you that he cannot provide more info because the mods have banned his IP from even accessing the site. I like to call this fowl play, how can you be at a standstill if you wont even let him get on here to appeal? Also he stated the model of his camera to me, I went through my room and found a camera from the same company, afga, and took a pic, I then used my exif viewer to see if there was any exif, and there wasnt. I looked into agfa company and found out that they had been bought out to a new company due to common file mishaps such as no exif, or file lost errors. Its not a hoax, you have no proof that it is fake and this is an innocent until proven guilty case. I sincerely hope you mods arent trying to hide something from us.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   
reply to post by MaliceInWonderland

Yes, I believes yous.
edit on 8-7-2011 by Lysergic because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by MaliceInWonderland
the mods have banned his IP from even accessing the site.

No such thing has happened.

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by XJMatt

He posted the topic at 9:04..........thats not the right time, its 3 hours behind for GMT. Meaning he took the photo at about 6pm.

Its bright as hell at 6pm at this time of year. Its still not dark now and its 9pm gmt.

The EXIF may be wrong, but he clearly stated he took the pic " a few minutes ago " at 9:04. Which means 6pm....which means im still right about the light problem....ie....there is none!

Yea its taken in woods/forest/woodland but that doesnt effect light so drastically....it would still look like broad daylight at that time.

EDIT: I posted this at about 9pm....look at the time ATS has put....

EDIT: MaliceInWonderland........look at the evidence....your little friend is taking you for a fool

edit on 8-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

edit on 8-7-2011 by loves a conspiricy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   
reply to post by MaliceInWonderland

You didn't even type "herp" or "derp".

Sad.

MM

posted on Jul, 8 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by SkepticOverlord

Originally posted by MaliceInWonderland
the mods have banned his IP from even accessing the site.

No such thing has happened.
Yes it has, he was upset about it, he called me this morning at 5 am for me and 9 am for him. He cannot even acces the site, he gave me his account to log in to and it wouldnt let me log out it said he was banned, he cannot chat, post, or even see his "My ats" page because it is 404'd

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join