It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

So called "pro-lifers" cut food aid for poor single mothers, children and infants

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by jerryznv

I am not talking about abortion, I respect people who are pro-life on that topic as long as they are sincere.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
reply to post by inforeal

No worries friend...I have gracefully bowed out of this topic!

Pro-life or pro-choice...either way someone is going to hate you.

My skin is thick and my heart and concern is most definitely genuine.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Homedawg

Right. A woman has the right to choose. In this country a woman has the right to an abortion. It is her right, her body, her decision. Leave it alone. Just leave women alone.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

Yep, you might have heard the saying about that; " The sanctity of life begins at conception and ends at birth."

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
you shoudn't lump ALL pro-lifers with the kinds of people doing the cutting from these programs thats narrow minded . I`m actualy pro-choice even though I feel our society trivializes abortion and it's become common for TV commedy shows to use it as a gag .
I will also say people who are openly pro-lifers ( who anren't radicals) it takes a degree of currage, right away people through the rape thing in your face , Doctor Killer , stupid Christian and so forth.
I`m pro-choice simply becuase it's her body , I will say I have some moral issues with the act of abortion, but it's her body .Lasty Abortion shouldn't be a form of Birth control .
edit on 19-6-2011 by OpusMarkII because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
George Carlin on Pro-Life:

"Once you're born, you're on your own."

edit on 6/19/2011 by die_another_day because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   
They also "cut food aid" here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm begining to think there's a war on the poor.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
No, it's not a war on the poor, or on women's bodies, or a war on little guy taxpayer... it's just simply a war on cutting corners to ensure that defense still has enough money to continue warring everywhere else on the globe.

Gotta keep that "homeland security" loud and proud ya know.

*yawn*

Same ol' same ol'...

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Do you really think there is a diff between left and right?
You think the left doesn't hurt the middle class?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   

I am not denying what Perry said.

I am denying what YOU asserted.

I will quote your thread title: "So called "pro-lifers" cut food aid for poor single mothers, children and infants."

You cherry picked your quote. I read the link, and it says that EVERY CORNER of teh Texas government is getting slashed. not just "food aid for poor single mothers, children and infants."

Seems you were caught in a fabrication, SG.

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
So, you are stating it is a fact that all law makers who helped to pass this, is a prolifer? Or are you just saying that to get a point across?

posted on Jun, 19 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
youre right.

how dare somebody try to cut back on their free food when instead they should just be sucking their brains out their skulls instead. because its a womans right to kill her child!

nice liberal logic there.

you liberals make me want to puke.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lemon.Fresh

I am not denying what Perry said.

I am denying what YOU asserted.

I will quote your thread title: "So called "pro-lifers" cut food aid for poor single mothers, children and infants."

You cherry picked your quote. I read the link, and it says that EVERY CORNER of teh Texas government is getting slashed.

It's not cherry picking. The title of the thread is pro-lifers cutting out aid to the poor of this nation. If you were a consistent pro-lifer in my opinion, you would be consistent in your beliefs, you would not hold for the sake of convenience. By your logic, Perry being pro life could cut down government enforcement over abortions because he needs to cut the budget, is this consistent with what he believes in? Or would this simply be a convenience?

Do you support what Perry is doing? Are you pro-life? Do you agree that government should enforce law and order over a pregnant woman's body? Please state your position, thanks.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:08 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
So, you are stating it is a fact that all law makers who helped to pass this, is a prolifer? Or are you just saying that to get a point across?

I cannot confirm that every individual behind these bills are pro-life, although I do believe the vast majority are. If you look at the individuals proposing these bills such as Perry, you will find that they have held pro-life stances in the past, and have supported measures to enforce laws over matters of pregnancies. The key bill referenced in the OP you should take note of:

Already on the defensive, scores of House Republicans joined with Democrats on Wednesday to beat back repeated conservative attempts to make still deeper cuts from nutrition programs and food aid overseas.

www.politico.com...

If even Republicans are split, it's a pritty good indicator to the ratio of pro-lifers and pro-choicers behind this bill, I doubt there are even any pro-choice politicians behind this bill. So far the individuals behind this bill the likes of Paul Broun have been steadfast behind efforts to cut out abortion over the years:
www.ontheissues.org...

Don't know how many pro-choicers support these bills, I'm fairly sure there are a number of pro-lifers that oppose the bill as well. My thread was directly at those pro-lifers who are pushing for these measures, the ones with clearly inconsistent beliefs.

edit on 20-6-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   

I always thought about it like this. Let's say there is someone who wants to have an abortion, but they are told it is illegal to have one. What kind of a life do you think that child will have? The mother would need to change her mind, IMO, for the child not to be considered unwanted.

There are many reasons why an abortion could amount to less suffering than a early years of life spent under neglect or abuse. Imagine a drug user who has sex for drugs and gets pregnant. Imagine someone like that taking care of a child. Kid could be malnourished because mom sells baby food for drug money.

That's one example.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by pngxp
youre right.

how dare somebody try to cut back on their free food when instead they should just be sucking their brains out their skulls instead. because its a womans right to kill her child!

nice liberal logic there.

I don't know how to respond to this? You insist upon forcing raped woman to go through another 9 months of pain in pregnancy, and then you expect them to take care of these kids, out of the hands of the state, after what they've been through? What about young teens who go those these horrible acts? You want to force them to have these kids? And then expect them not to ask help from the state? This is A-ok with you?

Yes yes, government aid is a freeby for these women, you want to tell them they're on their own when they have these kids, but you expect them to go through the pain of pregnancy after they've suffered. Get off it, seriously.

you liberals make me want to puke.

Go on then please, and then feel better about yourself afterwards. Maybe you can be a role model for these girls? huh? Tell them the wonders of having a child after a crime they've suffered. Tell them that they'd be punished if they took the path of abortion, after a crime has been committed to them, and then tell them that the state does not give them hand outs once they've had the kid. Real logic, really.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
reply to post by daynight42

There are good points there daynight. The way I see it, I don't believe there is any justification for woman who choose the path of abortion for the sake of convenience, that is abortion after they've made a choice. I frown at people like that, and even a drug addict, I would still frown at the choice of abortion. they made a poor choice in taking drugs, now they want to get an abortion for convenience. It's a contrast to raped and molested victims, a large contrast in my opinion. That being said, we overstep the line the minute we tell these woman what they can't and can do with their bodies. We start enforcing rules over their own bodies over their own lives, we start wasting tax payer money over enforce laws on the private matters of individuals. I would not be so passionate about this issue if republicans and pro-lifers backed off, but that does not seem to be the case. They've stepped up their body patrol and quiet frankly I am sick of it.

In alot of ways we spare these kids lives of dispair, true especially considering current circumstances in this country, but at the same time, I do believe the right choice is to go through pregnancy for those woman who made the wrong choices, not those who suffered a crime who had no choice in the matter. I don't believe that the future children need to suffer because their parents made bad choices, I do however believe the damage has already been done for life to the future children of rape and molested victims. We only do these woman further damage when we force them to go through a pregnancy they did not cause themselves.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 01:37 AM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
Do you really think there is a diff between left and right?
You think the left doesn't hurt the middle class?

The left? What left? Obama isn't a progressive, his another part in the long chain of neo-corporate presidencies, hence his attack on Libya, his attack on harmless mariujuana, his healthcare bill, his support for the patriot act.

You wanna go down a list? Really?

Do I believe that liberalism harms the middle class? No. Do I believe the excessive left harms the middle class? Obviously, hence the collapse of the Soviet union. What about the fringe right? Well the tea parties are a good example, the direct opposite to communism, the fringe right. But you support the tea parties right?

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian
reply to post by daynight42

There are good points there daynight. The way I see it, I don't believe there is any justification for woman who choose the path of abortion for the sake of convenience, that is abortion after they've made a choice. I frown at people like that, and even a drug addict, I would still frown at the choice of abortion. they made a poor choice in taking drugs, now they want to get an abortion for convenience.

OK. I will say this on the drugs bit. It is a bad decision to take drugs for the first time. Once someone is at the point that they're addicted to certain drugs, it is still a choice, but as someone who has been addicted to a hard drug*, I'll tell you there are many different levels of choice. Some would say it's almost as if you are on autopilot. Also consider anyone who has gambling addiction, which in studies is shown to activate the same areas in the brain for pleasure as heroine addicts. Sure, it's a choice to go and blow some money. But it's not the same choice as, say, what to eat for dinner -- turkey or chicken.

I'll try and speak for a woman who has gotten pregnant and say that in the state of addiction, the drug comes first. They say drug addicts are selfish (true). For someone to be selfish and not care enough about themselves to continue on in self-destruction, to think that a person like that would care for a baby really does not register as a possibility to me. But, I've been there. I've seen my own behavior and those of others. To have the proper perspective, I think you have to have a closer experience to this sort of thing, either personally or for family or working with them.

*BTW, I have dropped all that and moved on with my life, but it was only after years of trying. I have to credit the internet and personal research for helping me figure out how to do that.

posted on Jun, 20 2011 @ 02:48 AM
link   
Once you are born, you are on your own.

If you are pre-born, you are fine, if you are pre-school, you are f%%%%. .... give sh^^ about you until you reach military age.... they want live babies, so they can be dead soldiers.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join