It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "If everyone was gay we wouldn't have children" argument

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
It's also an incredibly poor argument because we can reproduce via in vitro fertilization. Even if everybody were gay tomorrow we'd still be able to reproduce.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
I love these "gay" posts. The whole worlds going to hell in a hand basket and someone's still infatuated with their genitals. The reason YOU people are so concerned about the gay lifestyle is that you are fighting your own covert homosexuality. Be honest with yourself and just admitt it..YOU ARE GAY! Come outta the closet for cripe's sakes...throw on a Judy Garland record and a pink, feather boa and enjoy yourself. Be at peace with who you are.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

But wouldn't it make a lot more sense to just use the "old-fashioned" method?
Again:Nature made men, and women, for a reason.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
Wow, I never expected to see so much ignorance and bigotry on this thread. I have a question for everyone on here: How is homosexuality sick? How is the willing and consensual expression of physical attraction and possible emotional commitment sick?

You know what I do find sick? I find people calling people who are different than them sick even though nobody is being hurt.

As for there being a good moral argument against homosexuality,

As for there being a survival urge, so what? It doesn't make accepting homosexuals as they are a bad thing, it merely means that we still have to ensure reproduction rates. And frankly, we're approaching 7 billion, I doubt that reproduction is an issue. Even if we hit 50% homosexuality we'd still have enough reproduction going on to sustain the species. Hell, there are homosexuals who decide to have kids anyway.

As for it being a straw man, how is it a straw man? A hypothetical isn't a straw man.

And as for nobody being born gay: gay penguins.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by AngryOne

...um...last time I checked men and women served all sorts of purposes. Policewomen, mailmen, doctors, lawyers, teachers, etc...why can't homosexuals serve any of these purposes? A species survives not due to the simple reproduction of each individual. Just look at ants and bees, the majority of which never reproduce and merely serve as providers for the few that do.

Homosexuals can fulfill whatever societal role they wish to. We aren't defined by reproduction. And again, what about the sterile? What function do they serve? Should we discriminate against those who are born sterile?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by AngryOne

But wouldn't it make a lot more sense to just use the "old-fashioned" method?

It sure would and I'm all for it. But in our hypothetical scenario EVERYONE would be gay.

Again:Nature made men, and women, for a reason.

Indeed. They were made to have lots of gay sex.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
In my opinion: if you're desires lead you to wanting to have sex with something that you can't reproduce with (be that an animal, a child, an inanimate object or someone of the same sex) something has gone wrong somewhere. People may argue that they were born that way, but I dare say there are serial killers that would claim the same thing.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Robert Reynolds
In my opinion: if you're desires lead you to wanting to have sex with something that you can't reproduce with (be that an animal, a child, an inanimate object or someone of the same sex) something has gone wrong somewhere.

Homosexuality is normal throughout all animal populations and is not a matter of anything going "wrong". What's "wrong" is putting it on the same par as bestiality and pedophilia as you just did above.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
Reply to post by madnessinmysoul

It's not like it's not true. Valid argument to me. Homosexuality is not natural. Otherwise you would be able to reproduce. Nothing in nature reproduces from homosexuality. Yes, even animals! So that is how we know it's not natural.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Why? Because you know he's right?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
Reply to post by Robert Reynolds

Very true. Preach.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893

It's not like it's not true. Valid argument to me. Homosexuality is not natural. Otherwise you would be able to reproduce. Nothing in nature reproduces from homosexuality. Yes, even animals! So that is how we know it's not natural.

Homosexuality is natural. Also, there are evolutionary benefits to having a homosexual sibling. It's been discovered that straight siblings with homosexual brothers or sisters end up being more fertile. Homosexuality is not only natural but beneficial to our species.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

This doesn't really address what I was speaking of.
Apparently you misunderstood me.

And I mentioned homosexuality, not individual homosexuals.
For the purposes of this thread at least, there is a huge difference.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
If every one were Doctors them who would arrest the bad guys?
If Everyone were Police men and women who would put out the fires?
I agree, stupid argement.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Reply to post by madnessinmysoul

You never expected to see so much ignorance and bigotry? Sorry sherlock. Gays can whine all they want about "intolerance" and "bigotry". But when it comes to evolution (which most of the world believes) and survival of the fittest, homosexuals play no other role than a threat to the human species. You can thank your Charles Darwin and scientist for clarifying that. But luckily, I'm a christian and I simply believe it's a perversion. So that leaves you with no one who thinks homosexuality is natural. You are in the same category as pedophilia, beastiality, and other perversions. Its funny how those things corrolate. If you are college educated and studied world history, all the ancient societies where homosexuality was open practiced and widespread, pedophilia and beastiality were never far behind. Funny how that works huh?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
The very existence of these discussions is evidence that we as a race are still in the spiritual dark ages. Lambasting homosexuals for their nature is as inane as judging people by their eye colour or labeling babies born with hair on their heads as being 'of the devil'. I would hope we'd grow past this medieval mindset of "It is different from me -> therefore it is wrong and must be attacked" already.

Homosexuality exists. Deal with it.

I myself am red-green colourblind; a deviation of the norm caused by 'faulty' genes. So why am I not discriminated against, or 'hated on'? Answer: because my aberration has a simple cause and simple consequences. Homosexuality has far broader consequences and a far more complicated series of root causes. I know it is more complicated because we can't fully explain it yet. That, however, is no ground to base any rejections on.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Maybe all these gay animals (I'll take your word for it on how common it is and whether they make it a lifestyle choice or not) have something wrong with them too, but don't have the necessary support in order to help them. Anyway, I'm off to eat my faeces because I've seen dogs do it.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nebulous1973
The only people who care about being gay is gay people..its a disgusting mental disorder..people are gay because they have not developed the right way.If there was something nature intended to be gay then both sexes would be able to procreate..gays are not special and they most certainly don't have the right to force their disgusting behaviour on the rest of the world.We don't owe the gay community anything.your gay..you deal with it..there are more serious issues in the world to deal with besides a bunch of *SNIP*.

boi oh boi ... what a piece of work you come across as.

i'm as straight-laced as your tennis shoes, but *snip* ... you're one homophobic, don't touch me, you'll make me queer mixed up madness all on your own.

:shk:

good lord.

if for no other reason than to distance yourself from being within 'spittle range' ... please do relocate your 'soapbox' to another corner Please.

hate. much?

*if nothing else you provide near comedic ironies throughout*

.. some people's kid's ... i swear.

Mod Edit: Profanity/Circumvention Of Censors – Please Review This Link.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 05:12 PM
link   
Reply to post by Symer

You being colorblind doesn't effect your ability to reproduce and keep the human population alive.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join