It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The "If everyone was gay we wouldn't have children" argument

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:23 PM
link   
Hey, it Madness again!

I heard a quote from another member that i think put it in perspective: When did you choose to be straight? (for when someone says gay is a choice)

I dont understand why they think its immoral, no more immoral than a man and woman...

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
Is this a discussion on whether or not a homosexual is acceptable?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
Reply to post by chancemusky

Man and women can reproduce and they are the reason gays and every other human being on the planet is alive. Had they not been, no one would be here. Same thing for animals. That's natural law. I don't know what about that some people can't understand! If you don't even accept that fundemental and biological fact of life, your an idiot. Plain and simple. Just mentally handicapped.

You said was I born straight? No I wasn't! No one was born anything but asexual! A child, a baby, a newborn is not sexual in the slightest besides being born either male or female!! No I haven't always been attracted to females because as a child, I had no sexual feeling toward them! I was too busy growing and being a regular child! You people kill me always trying to toot that dead horse argument! What moron thinks kids were born sexually attracted to anything?!

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by ag893

Very well said. I find it horrific that some schools will be teaching gay sex to children under ten years old. I remember only really figuring out what sex is about at the age of 11 or 12, and even then it was kind of..... strange.

There should be no place for teaching homosexual sex to children at all. I find it very wrong.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
*SNIP*

Care to elaborate? Are you saying it's correct to teach children about homosexual sex?

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: removed quote that has been removed

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

It would be about self control. I do not think a mentally challenged person, kid or adult is gross. And it is not that I "hate" gay people. I have hade a few "gay" people that I actually liked as a person. That doesn't mean I have to agree with their life style CHOICE. And they knew I didn't. One of them knew why and cried about it. For all thats worth. Some people dig a whole so deep they can't get out. I think that is what makes them so "in your face about it". Do I think they should be all hauled to the gas chamber? NO, and I'd be the first one to stand between them and the threat! It was posted earlyer "live and let live. Sure I'd go with that. But what of my rights? To teach my children what I feel is write or wrong without having soneone telling them your parent is a bigot. It is an endless arguement really. You get no convincing from me. Which is not what I was trying to do, just stating it as I see it. It would be like telling a cannibal, people steak is wrong. Reading some of these posted comments? They are abnormal to me and the fact that most of them do not see the absurdity of their post.... Well? We agree on one thing... we don't agree.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by madnessinmysoul

I know you probably know much more about biology and evolution than I do, so if you don't mind, I'll just ask some questions and hopefully you'll be able to help me out.

First of all, is homosexuality hereditary? If it was genetic, wouldn't homosexuals have been wiped out a long time ago since they couldn't reproduce and pass down that specific trait, or is there another way? Can environmental factors (chemicals, etc.) cause a fetus to develop as a homosexual?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
reply to post by ararisq

not everyone is born gay - your point being ?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:54 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I do not think that is true.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Epiphron

There is probably a bi-sexual gene that helps keep the gay gene going. Nature finding a way, you know?

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   

link   
*SNIP*

Then why did you insult me if you're unwilling or incapable of giving me an answer? I think my post is valid and on topic, whereas you are using one-liners and insulting other members.

edit on 23-3-2011 by Ahabstar because: Removed quote that has been removed

link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by WhateverHappens

I'd be very careful. Swearing, insulting and one-liners are a quick way towards post-bans.
Try and stay on topic.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by ag893

Man and women can reproduce and they are the reason gays and every other human being on the planet is alive. Had they not been, no one would be here. Same thing for animals.

What does that prove. Gay people can still have kids. Homosexual behavior is found in nature, in fact, it is widespread in nature, there are also documented evolutionary purposes for homosexuality. Saying that 2 men cannot conceive a child is not proof that homosexuality is against nature. Reproduction is not the only reason that animals engage in sexual activity. Why don't you try reading up on the subject before spouting out lies and mistruths. I already posted links in my comment a few pages back. But here's some more, both for your education and others out there who have posted similar disinfo.

General Wiki article on homosexual behavior (good starting point):
en.wikipedia.org...

List of some known homosexual species:
en.wikipedia.org...

2 Articles regarding Olso Museums Homosexuality in Nature exhibit:
www.nhm.uio.no...
www.nhm.uio.no...

Many social animals have complex social systems where individuals seek out allies for help and protection. Sex is an important way of strengthening such alliances, also between animals of the same sex. In some animals the whole species is bisexual, and homosexual relationships are prerequisites for joining a pack, making strict heterosexuality a disadvantage.

Hyena Research by Dr. Kay Holekamp
www.msu.edu...

NatGeo article, say 75% of bonobo sex is non reproductive and nearly all engage in homosexual behavior:
news.nationalgeographic.com...

Article headline says 1,500 animal species practices homosexual behavior:
www.news-medical.net...

Study on homosexuality in male rams
endo.endojournals.org...

Article covers a variety of species
news.softpedia.com...

Research by Nathan Bailey; University of California
www.cell.com...
www.cell.com...

Article talks about homosexual behavior being present in nearly all species
www.sciencedaily.com...

Covers a variety of species, including dolphins
www.queerty.com...

Some previews of books on the subject from google books
books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

books.google.com...=onepage&q&f=false

books.google.com...

Originally posted by ag893

You said was I born straight? No I wasn't! No one was born anything but asexual! A child, a baby, a newborn is not sexual in the slightest besides being born either male or female!! No I haven't always been attracted to females because as a child, I had no sexual feeling toward them! I was too busy growing and being a regular child! You people kill me always trying to toot that dead horse argument! What moron thinks kids were born sexually attracted to anything?!

Either willful ignorance and obfuscation on your part, or you are just obviously not the sharpest knife in the drawer, so to speak. The speaker was referring to the fact that straight people do not make a conscious decision (when they become of age) that they are "going to be straight". They just "know" that they are (if male) attracted to females. Same with gay people. In other words, no one, gay or straight, makes a conscious decision to be attracted to a certain sex. We don't wake up one day and say "I've decided that I'm going to be straight" or "I've decided that I'm going to be gay". It doesn't work that way. You either are, or you aren't (or in some cases for some people, are both, aka bisexual) and as you mature, this is something that people come to discover or realize about themselves, it is not something they have control over or can change. I suggest you stop trying to illegitimate a perfectly valid point (that we don't choose our own sexuality) with idiotic semantics about children being asexual and such...if you understood what the point was, then honestly try to engage with it, don't try and dismiss it over an irrelevant non-issue.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join