It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 48
<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:44 PM
link   
The FAA now Changes the Nav Charts Every 56 or 59 days now. You will not find chats like that on NOAA. To see them and down load them you need to create an accont with the FAA.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   
If your compass seems kind of off, try moving it horizontally in a figure-eight motion. Then turn it upside-down for a few second and right-side-up. That's how I fixed the compass on the bottom of my flashlight, and also what the instructions are for resetting the magnetometer in my phone (except for the turning it upside-down part. I worked that out myself for the other compass.

See if it works. I know it made mine finally point in the right direction.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
reply to post by coolottie

I find your second point interesting ..

I found a video that seems odd while all this is going on. Now this isnt the only report of animals doing this, but this is a animal who has been recognized for years. They just released a video of the polar bear Knut and his final moments.. In this video you will watch as the polar bear walks in circles until he goes into convulsions and falls into the water. Strange right... I think its relevant because this deals with your equilibrium, and as my first post states, that magnetic shifts could alter our self balance. We will see it in mammals and living things that require vibrations to move / fly / navigate with. Birds / dolphins / fish / and so on.

I also recall someone in this thread talking about how recently there dog started to do circles in which he hadnt done before, keep in mind that the dog was bind and deaf ..

Thinking out loud - It would be very beneficial if we could try and get some compass readings in Berlin( Knut ), Middle East and even the trouble areas of japan.

Heres the link for video Knut
edit on 21-3-2011 by Saintor because: added link

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 01:54 PM
link   
For those that dont have access to maps or would like an alternative method for really precise measures you can do this.....

take a stick/pole broom handle would work great, then take two rocks....or better yet two large gutter nails...

Place pole in ground firmly.......It must be sunny....

then, where the shadow at the end of the pole hits the ground....stick a nail...
Then 4 hours later ...time not real important....place the other nail where the shadow is now...
If so desired use kite string between them for easier viewing...you have just created an east west line..

You have just created "true" north, from an east west marking...of course north/south is perpandicular to this line...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
Ok, so I got interested in the this thread the other day, and joined just to let everyone know that Tn was fine and North was still North. (It still is)

However I've come across something interesting. Someone said that if this was real we would have airplane incidents. I dismissed it until I came across this.

Airplane accidents in U.S.

3/18
18:20 Tx.
19:30 Vir.

3/19
13:31 Fl.
13:58 Mass.
18:13 Wash
18:51 S. Car.
18:53 Fl.
19:07 Az.
19:30 Miss.
22:05 Mont.
20:30 Miss.
22:58 Al
23:30 Tx.

3/20
00:55 Rd. Isl.
19:00 Penn
20:14 Co.
23:24 Wis

3/21
17:40 Ca.

From what I can tell only a few had injury's, but they won't tell what happened. We don't know if it was a navigational error, or if someone hit a strobe while moving to the runway for takeoff. All it says is accident.

I don't know if this is helpful or not, but I thought it was worth mentioning. If nothing else, it will give the debunkers one less thing to gripe about.

Here is where I compiled my information from.
hisz.rsoe.hu...#

(I apologize for the length of this post. It was the cleanest way I could think of to organize the data.)

I did notice that a large portion of these took place during night time hours (The time where pilots would most likely be relying on instruments instead of visual.)
edit on 21-3-2011 by Gizmotn because: Time of day?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

Here are some other methods:
www.wikihow.com...

But, as has been pointed out, compasses do not necessarily indicate True North. In fact, they usually don't. Depending on your location magnetic declination will cause a difference. You can determine yours here:
www.ngdc.noaa.gov...
Eugene, Oregon for example. Magnetic north is almost 16º east of True North.

edit on 3/21/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I've used 2 Brunton, 1 Silva, and 3 Smartphone Compass apps on 2 different Smartphones. I live in Nashville, TN, where there is 0-3 degrees declination. ALL of my compasses say that it is 23 degrees off.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Doc Holiday

We are Not talking about True North, this thread is about the changes in Magnetic North. Read back just one page.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
reply to post by tacjtg

How are you determining where true north is?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

I've been in this since page 2 I'm just trying to give peeps a referance..or a starting point...ie help out a bit..

Once true north is found you can then look at your inclination and check your compasses calibration..or accuracy.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Doc Holiday because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Saintor

Oh, that is sad !! We humans do not even know how our own brain is effected by the Magnetic Field, if this can cause the deaths of animals "What will it do to Us?????"

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Gizmotn

Thats to crazy, after you posted that, I wanted to see for myself .. check

hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

The thread is not trying to determine anything about True North. It is about the changes and anomolies of "Magnetic North". Magnetic North has started moving toward Russia at 45 miles a year now. What this site is showing is that "Possible New Magnetic Poles Might be Forming" When True North changes you won't need ATS to tell you, or a Compass. And probably would kill about 2/3 of life on the Planet. It did last time in 2354 BC I wrote a book about it. "Epoch Revelations" 3 chapters free online to read.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Saintor

Not airplane crashes. Aircraft "incidents".
An incident is not necessarily a crash. You should check the details.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

My mistake - incident, not to distract away from the point.

Quite a few incidents wouldnt you say?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Without knowing where true north is you cannot tell if your compass reading is "funny".

True North changed 4,400 years ago? Really?

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Saintor

No more than usual.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Then what is your referance point that you are comparing your "off" magnetic reading from...unless you have a "given" mark to referance from you can't...

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   

edit on 21-3-2011 by SheeplFlavoredAgain because: Seemed kind of off topic when I reread it.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Actually Ive never seen that many airplane "incidents" on that map. Your talking 21-22 incidents in the last couple days. Just in the US, those are the ones being reported.

Time will soon tell .

top topics

<< 45  46  47    49  50  51 >>

join