It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Compasses going crazy...Theories and Research

page: 38
<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by gdaub23
I dont own a compass...never really came to a time where i habe needed one. I live in Sayre,PA and for about a week now when i go outsife during the day the birds i dint know what type but anyway they seem to me to be acting really wierd. there is alot of them as well and it seems to me that they are flying with no real ryhme or reason. theres usaully 3 seperate ill call em flocks that continously are flying in circles even seems like they are almost flying into eash other, i dont know seems really odd to me especially since i havent really ever seen that kind of behavior before

about half way through this Interesting post!

dead birds!!
*Now* I have an idea as to why all those dead birds, found all over the southern Midwest , as well as here and there all over the world, plus other animal mass deaths too, might be Caused.

I read an article in some science magazine, maybe New Scientist, where they found even more conclusive proof that birds can detect not only the direction of a magnetic field, but also its strength. Thus they can come right back to where they were born, six months later.
The implications for migrating sea and air migratory animals, is scary!! variable fields and variable over weeks and months so that there is no learning process. I can well imagine how a flock of birds could actually fly into the ground at full tilt speed, especially as the "last straw" of a local thunderstorm or man-made commotions happens, to throw off any orientations left to a flock of birds where they fly into the ground at 30 mph!

What about US humans? will it be discovered that as the Fields shift, we all become more "schizoid"?! more craziness, more guns go off, in schools and workplaces!

Bees too, maybe one of the reasons why the dead bee syndrome.

these critters might be able to keep "normal", even with the increase of man's ever increasing magnetic fields, *if* there is a Home Base of a Certain "North" direction and strength. but not now. so more crazy animals and lost birds, to come.

Too....
there are certain earthquake "prophets" who foresee a very strong quake in the Appalachian mountains soon. One poster suggests the end of August of 2011. like a Big One, Richter 9 !

now to finish up this reading of the thread. I just wanted to post my thoughts, mostly, about how all of the bird deaths and this Field thing could be related.
Also: some of the field disturbances could "go back to normal" in a week, such that any researcher, who maybe wanted to see why 800 birds were found dead along a road, might find, that week later, that disturbed Field going back to normal. Thus he loses the real reason.

freestone Wilson

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   
New Mexico, high dollar Compass has North where North should be, someone is plotting all these places so if you respond put your location and those closer to the OPs coordinates should give more detailed locations, if you just post "mine works fine" it doesn't add much for the discussion.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by watchdog
reply to post by XtraTL

You know Xtra, you are more than welcome to take your own advice and provide a video for us to prove that YOU are NOT lieing when you say that you are not seeing any deviations and everything is "normal" around the world. Yes, yes I know, you are not the one who created the thread therefore you don't see why YOU should have to provide any evidence proving YOUR observations, but you were one of the first ones to basically call the OP a liar. Better yet, since you have SOOO much time on your hands and nothing better to do than slander someone, why don't you travel on over to NC here and the rest of the places since we are too dumb to understand how to read and understand our compases and show us how it's done, but AFTER you prove your expertise first by posting the same "proof" you are asking us to provide YOU with.

[Since this is directed at me, after I said I was leaving the post pending further evidence, I'm going to reply.]

Cute. But I already posted my location, the direction I was facing, a link to google maps where you can check that information and details of my computations for everyone to check. That's far more information than anyone else has posted.

Moreover, I mentioned that I do not have an accurate compass, but an IPhone.

And, it wasn't me that was caught out lying. The direct contradictions are in the OP's post, not mine.

It's not impossible that some kind of mineral deposit is interfering with the OP's compass. However, that doesn't explain the contradictions in his posts.

Is it possible the OP is telling the truth? Well, he's contradicted himself multiple times, so you tell me. He may have thought he was telling the truth. But the contradictions suggest otherwise.

Is it possible his compass currently points some way off north. Yes. However, without further information and evidence, it is impossible for anyone to determine why. Picking and choosing which measurements you want to accept and which you don't is not a way of getting at the truth.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by coolottie
reply to post by XtraTL

Are you a Moderator? I thought you were just a Member.

I'm certainly not a mod. Why do you ask?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   
I just dug out my three compasses.
with the first one it was out.
then I remembered the Big box of magnets on the table.
so I went out side.
and all three point to the pole star.
so maybe its stop’t?
or do you have a big Collider?
like the Large Hadron Collider.
that would give out a massive magnetic filed.
or some thing like it???
it could be local?
are you still getting it?

yes I do love the “?”

Location UK
edit on 20-3-2011 by buddha because: Location UK

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by XtraTL
This thread should be in skunk works.

I'm leaving this thread now until it is either filed as a hoax or until some non-contradictory information is posted with proper evidence. Every call I've made for the contradictions to be answered or for evidence to be posted has been deliberately ignored.

I call hoax.

I notice no one begged you to stay. Methinks thou doth protest WAYYYY too much.

This thread is moving so fast that I want to post another link to a very interesting article that may explain what people are noticing -- an extremely rare event that last occurred 780,000 years ago:

Some geologists argue the Earth is overdue for a [geomagnetic field] reversal and might even be entering one now, as the geomagnetic field has been getting weaker over the past 150 years or more.

Earth’s Magnetic Field Flipped Superfast

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   

I'm certainly not a mod. Why do you ask?

If you're so disgusted with this thread, why haven't you left like you promised?

You're adding absolutely nothing by staying.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:57 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

VERY weird!..Wonder why??

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
reply to post by Kojack

Well, solar maximum happens every 11 years or so , yet the North and South on Earth stayed the same for a long time. However....

The sun enters levels of high or low every 11 years. So in theory a maximum is every 22 years.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by buddha

Try to check again tomorrow the same time you did today when the measurement was wrong. I am just curious if this happens at the same time again. If not, then it could be wrong reading indoors or just the anomaly was temporary as you said.

Uh, so many pages! Just wondering when was the time people started to report wrong readings? is the amount of wrong readings decreasing? I assume that at this point most of the ATS-ers will provide accurate readings, we like it or not.

edit on 20-3-2011 by Romanian because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
My compass in southern Spain appears correct. However I believe users are seeing these strange declinations and reporting them correctly.

The earths magnetic field is generated by convection currents within its molten core. The flow of the core convection currents contain order and chaos, the core flow has a kind of weather system.

As of late the core weather might be experiencing a "super storm" generating a large false north or south region that's wandering around some latitude (much like jupiters giant spot).

www.nature.com...

Interestingly, the actual mechanism for how any core movement generates this field is not a simple dynamo effect, in a dynamo a conductor has to move relative to an existing field. Dr. Sasa Kenjeres has done some nice work on how a closed fluid system can evolve and sustain a steady magnetic field:

www.tnw.tudelft.nl...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 06:59 PM
link   
reply to post by MadDogtheHunter

If this were true then why in some states are we getting normal......I am in SF bay area ca.....In my house it reads normal.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:01 PM
link   
reply to post by watchdog

Yep ita.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

Sorry , it is every 11 years..

www.spacetoday.org...

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by GoldenFleece

This thread should be in skunk works.

I'm leaving this thread now until it is either filed as a hoax or until some non-contradictory information is posted with proper evidence. Every call I've made for the contradictions to be answered or for evidence to be posted has been deliberately ignored.

I call hoax.

I notice no one begged you to stay. Methinks thou doth protest WAYYYY too much.

This thread is moving so fast that I want to post another link to a very interesting article that may explain what people are noticing -- an extremely rare event that last occurred 780,000 years ago:

Some geologists argue the Earth is overdue for a [geomagnetic field] reversal and might even be entering one now, as the geomagnetic field has been getting weaker over the past 150 years or more.

Earth’s Magnetic Field Flipped Superfast

Well if this thread goes on for a few thousand years, we'll get to see if you are right.

In the mean time, I choose to accept real time information posted by actual monitoring stations.

Note that none of the monitoring stations near to locations where people are posting anomalous readings are showing any significant deviations from normal:

geomag.usgs.gov...

In particular, no significant variations are observed at the monitoring stations in the southern United States.

Moreover, one person who posted an anomalous reading already retracted. Some other people admit to judging north according to where they think it is, or where it traditionally has been according to their family. Why not get a map out, figure out where you are and post actual data.

Again, I call on the OP to respond regarding the numerous serious contradictions in his posts.

This thread is totally debunked. I am amused that it is still continuing 50 to the dozen.

Edit: in response to me leaving the thread, I've decided to stay. It amuses me to see how long it will continue.
edit on 20-3-2011 by XtraTL because: See edit

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by StarLightStarBright2

Read what Cortex , from Spain said! What if we talk about a "tornado" inside the core?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Romanian
reply to post by buddha

Try to check again tomorrow the same time you did today when the measurement was wrong. I am just curious if this happens at the same time again. If not, then it could be wrong reading indoors or just the anomaly was temporary as you said.

Uh, so many pages! Just wondering when was the time when people started to report wrong readings? is the amount of wrong readings decreasing? I assume that at this point most of the ATS-ers will provide accurate readings, we like it or not.

whew!

ya know, this Thread is just made for a lot of "fighting" as this compass problem only seems to affect parts of the world, and even only parts of America!
thus a whole group of people will have normal readings and some of them will jump on a "hoax" bandwagon.

there is a kind of "Danger" here, especially if a change in magma inside the earth causes these changed readings! That the areas of the country that have strange compass readings could see in the very near future
some "action" in the crust! an earthquake probably. but what would happen if a huge volcano were to suddenly erupt next to Harrisburg, Pennsylvania?!

there is that old shortwave radio ham "problem". "Can you detect the signal through the noise"?!
be easy to assume all this is "noise" if your compass reads normal, or that you could "prove" that someone with bad readings merely held the compass too close to his iron belt buckle!

Patterns mean Something: look at that map! see that the places where compass deviance is, is in one area of the country!

I will keep track of this one thread!

freestone

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:21 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Lake Orion, MI. I found some crummy compass I never was able to figure out. The compass appeared to point North... however the argument could be made that the compass pointed a bit East, and I did not remember where North was well enough. I just remember it was towards the lake, or around there. I would say that it was pointed more East than west. It could be off a bit. Go ahead and mark me as in between on that map you put together.
edit on 20-3-2011 by canofnothing because: I cut out a bunch that wasn't needed.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   
Latitude: 41° 02', North. Longitude: 28° 58', East

My NOAA Reading is:
Declination = 4° 38' E changing by 0° 5' E/year

So I think we might say that our compasses here are turning east 0° 5' every year. But some others NOAA Readings has no change at all. I think this situation by itself is weird?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
Just checked all 3 of my compasses..

2 are reading exactly as the OP's.
One is reading "normal", but that is the crappiest one that never quite works properly. lol

Interesting..

Maybe I should check the one on my scope also.....

edit: Telescopes compass also appears to be off.

It is the one I use most frequently..
and I dont remember a time where it was soo "wrong"..

hmm....

thanks OP..

*currently in upstate NY*
edit on 20-3-2011 by Ahmose because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 35  36  37    39  40  41 >>

join