It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 11
<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

How so?

Have you worked in construction? [Not that that would matter]
I'm just saying it wouldn't have required as much wood as you may think is all.

I'll defend the possible 20 year scenario but who said the Ancient Greek got the time frame right? AND does that really matter? How about 25 years or even 30 years?

The Pyramids exist
They didn't just sprout from the ground.

I never said they sprouted from the ground .? Not once -

did you watch the videos i posted?? It would of taken a considerable amount of wood to build massive pulleys and ramps, boats,ships etc , of course it would. I do not need to be a structural engineer or construction architect to figure that out.

Even if it was 30 years time period ,they would be working on it their whole adult life, The whole feat of building them and the tasks involved where momentous. I still do not believe even 30 years would of been long enough. The life expectancy could not of been good in ancient times. maybe what around ,40 years, if that. They would most likely not even seen the finished pyramid.

My theory is that we had some sort of help to build them from someone who the Egyptians called the " Sun Gods" who may or may not of been ETs but they certainly had superior technology. Amazing mathematics, And Amazing Knowledge of the Stars and the universe

edit on 20-3-2011 by johngtr because: bad quote

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:12 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

Re watch this vid

no elephants were used. You need to think what effect pulleys and rollers have on the strength needed to move something.

How about a load of bulls.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by lestweforget
reply to post by Draken

I dont think its any coincidence that most unexplainable deeds and occurences happen on lei lines!

I'll agree on the Lei lines but I wouldn't go as far as to say the Great pyramid or it's construction is "unexplainable"

It's been explained, now if others choose not to believe it then so be it.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Draken

Re watch this vid

no elephants were used. You need to think what effect pulleys and rollers have on the strength needed to move something.

Studies have been done with wood pulleys. While they are strong to a point, they wouldn't of worked for some of the massive blocks. Ive seen your video, its great, but those blocks don't even compare. Plus if they were getting lots of wood by chopping trees, surly they had AXES made of metal ? Why not make pulleys and ramps with metal ?

Plus all the methods in the video would not work in Egypt in the sand.
edit on 20-3-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

Well I do share your enthusiasm for possible "Visitors" as I have stated earlier in this thread. I'm a believer in the possibility of their visitation. However, having said that, I think there is too much remaining physical evidence that casts doubt as to their contribution.

edit on 20-3-2011 by SLAYER69 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

That test is done on fairly solid, level ground it is not a accurate experiment to moving massive blocks over harsh desert conditions. ( up to 300 miles )
edit on 20-3-2011 by johngtr because: bad quote

edit on 20-3-2011 by johngtr because: spelling

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

They would most likely not even seen the finished pyramid.

And? Onkalo will be finished in something like a hundred years the current builders most likely wont see it finished.

Plus if they were getting lots of wood by chopping trees, surly they had AXES made of metal ? Why not make pulleys and ramps with metal ?

I can't help you if that's what you think.
edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

johngtr it was an example of how pulleys can make something really heavy easy to move.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:24 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Listen to your own video my friend. The rock he lifts is 19000 pounds or so, that's only like 9 tons. Rocks at Stonehenge are like 20 tons and up. So i doubt his little wood machine is going to lift Stonehenge blocks. Let alone some of the 1000ton blocks in Egypt, ON SAND.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

ok, so which expert does one believe? think i'll go with the Geopolymer Institute in France as mentioned on page 6 of this thread by spacecharley.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by Draken
reply to post by lonegurkha

As great as all the wood theories sound. It would of been harder for the Egyptians to get all this so called wood for the ramps and pulleys then it would be to get the stone. Plus we have no evidence of Egyptians cutting any wood anywhere. The tools nor the idea was even shown in anywhere in the history. If they were going to get so much wood for this project, then surely they had metal axes and other cutting tools, so why would they go and use wood pulleys if they had metal ?

Another huge problem with wood pulleys is that the wood isn't strong enough to lift some of the really heavy blocks used. So in theory you could use pulleys for most of the rocks, the much larger rocks are still a huge mystery if you going to go with that.

Ive also heard of pushing the blocks over the wood while the wood is on the ground. I believe an engineering company a few years ago attempted this. They found out that even the lighter set of blocks would cause the wood logs to sink deeper into the sand with each usage. Don't see this being a very reliable form of long distance stone transport.

Am I mistaken or you stating that the Egyptians couldn't use wood cause they didn't have axes?How would they cast pulleys and what would they cast them out of.I don't think bronze would be strong enough to use for pulleys.I never said anything about them using logs as rollers at least I think that's what you're saying here.
Can I ask for some elaboration or futher explaination as my poor old brain is tired and it's late sorry I'm not getting what you are saying.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

*palm-face*

It's like scaling never existed

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by lonegurkha

Originally posted by Draken
reply to post by lonegurkha

As great as all the wood theories sound. It would of been harder for the Egyptians to get all this so called wood for the ramps and pulleys then it would be to get the stone. Plus we have no evidence of Egyptians cutting any wood anywhere. The tools nor the idea was even shown in anywhere in the history. If they were going to get so much wood for this project, then surely they had metal axes and other cutting tools, so why would they go and use wood pulleys if they had metal ?

Another huge problem with wood pulleys is that the wood isn't strong enough to lift some of the really heavy blocks used. So in theory you could use pulleys for most of the rocks, the much larger rocks are still a huge mystery if you going to go with that.

Ive also heard of pushing the blocks over the wood while the wood is on the ground. I believe an engineering company a few years ago attempted this. They found out that even the lighter set of blocks would cause the wood logs to sink deeper into the sand with each usage. Don't see this being a very reliable form of long distance stone transport.

Am I mistaken or you stating that the Egyptians couldn't use wood cause they didn't have axes?How would they cast pulleys and what would they cast them out of.I don't think bronze would be strong enough to use for pulleys.I never said anything about them using logs as rollers at least I think that's what you're saying here.
Can I ask for some elaboration or futher explaination as my poor old brain is tired and it's late sorry I'm not getting what you are saying.

How would they cut trees without metals ? There are ways but it would take forever. To get enough wood for ramps and pulleys for the great pyramid would take longer then cutting and quarrying the rocks for the job. Let alone the lack of trees in the area. All im saying is that if you want to say they used wood, then surely they had metals that were stronger then wood, so why use the wood for pulleys ?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

Scaling is great, but what you need to understand is the blocks at Stonehenge are the same SIZE as the stone that man lifted, but they are more DENSE, hence weight more. This has nothing to do with scaling the machine size.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

With a stone saw?

And yes it has to do with scaling.

Make a mini version then make a big version see what each version can lift.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   
Very informative thread. Only time will tell of the truths behind the Great Pyramid.

The Great Pyramid is a puzzle, each piece that is put into place only adds more paradox and wonder to the understanding as a whole.

We have to remember that there were no wheels, lumber was expensive, and tools were primitive.

"The logistics of construction at the Giza site are staggering when you think that the ancient Egyptians had no pulleys, no wheels, and no iron tools. Yet, the dimensions of the pyramid are extremely accurate and the site was leveled within a fraction of an inch over the entire 13.1-acre base. This is comparable to the accuracy possible with modern construction methods and laser leveling. That's astounding. With their `rudimentary tools,' the pyramid builders of ancient Egypt were about as accurate as we are today with 20th century technology."

Source:

en.wikipedia.org...

The granite slabs are incredibly anomalous as well especially how they are placed in such perfection within the inner chambers of the Pyramid. Just one single mistake or slip up would have caused a great problem, imagine a limestone block falling off of the face of the pyramid during construction, or a 70 ton granite slab falling into the kings chamber it would literally destroy the whole project.

Even more abstruse is the actuality that the Great Pyramid is at the center of all land masses (the chances of such would be 1 in 3 billion were it to be done 'accidentally'.)

The Pyramid lies in the center of gravity of the continents. It also lies in the exact center
of all the land area of the world, dividing the earth's land mass into approximately equal quarters.

The north-south axis (31 degrees east of Greenwich) is the longest land meridian, and the east-west axis (30 degrees north) is the longest land parallel on the globe. There is obviously only one place that these longest land-lines of the terrestrial earth can cross, and it is at the Great Pyramid. There are hundreds of facts that state oddities such as this and they can be found in books, on television, on the internet, etc...

A Question to Ponder

There seems to be the sense that the Pyramid was designed to invite beings of curiosity and intelligence inside to penetrate it's mysteries. If you were a pharaoh, who wanted to assure himself that your body remain inviolate for eternity then would it not make more sense to 1. Advertise the whereabouts of your body by creating a massive consummation which rivaled all architectural feats on the continent? or 2. Choose some secret and hidden location of which you never would be found?

The answer is quite obvious, you would pick the latter, as the majority of Egyptian pharaohs had done. Why if it's a royal tomb would you create something so conspicuous, inviting thievery into your place of boundless eternity? The monolith would not cease in failure to attract attention in all circumstances and epochs to come from treasure hungry citizens and the likes.

The builders must have wanted this incredible creation to be violated by intruders, to be measured of it's near flawlessness, and to follow the collective imagination of man for ages to come.

edit on 20-3-2011 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Draken

With a stone saw?

And yes it has to do with scaling.

Make a mini version then make a big version see what each version can lift.

Stone saw ? The real world isnt minecraft my friend, stone saw is very useless.

And about the scaling, i think you should go look how his machine works again, it relies on the rock being the right size and shape for the machine.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Right i officially give up on this subject.

I have given my point of view and opinions.

I am being " selectively" quoted, with partial parts and not my full statements.

If you want to know more on this just read ALL ( EDIT - Must Stress ALL ) the posts not selective quotes.

Also i posted 4 short videos on Page 6 showing Nassim Haramein , giving a seminar on part of his "theory" on the pyramids, which i strongly agree with.

There are more than 50 other videos about Pyramids on youtube for example showing his seminars. They are very interesting if you have a "OPEN MIND".

Good luck on your thread, I have enjoyed it , although it is rather late now and i must get some sleep,

Peace

edit on 20-3-2011 by johngtr because: edit

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

www.heritage.gov.pk...

LMAO

Did you know you can cut metal with a wire?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:36 PM
link   
reply to post by aivlas

I know stone tools very well. Ive crafted some ancient ones myself in archeology class. My point still stands, they are not durable and strong enough for the work needed.

Also stone tools stand the test of time, like the pyramids, and we would find them in Egypt, we don't.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

Did they lose all knowledge of how to make new tools?
Did they make some strange rule that each worker could only use one set of tools during the construction?

www.reshafim.org.il...

it's like this
www.touregypt.net...

So they had animals that could of been used as labour and they had stone tools to cut down trees.

new topics

top topics

<< 8  9  10    12  13  14 >>

join