It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How they Built the Great Pyramid of Egypt

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by aivlas
reply to post by Draken

Did they lose all knowledge of how to make new tools?
Did they make some strange rule that each worker could only use one set of tools during the construction?

Not quite sure what your trying to say. If Egyptians used stone saw, we would find them when we do digs in Egypt, but we don't, hence they didn't use them(Unless they removed them all from the area on purpose)
edit on 20-3-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:41 PM
link   
reply to post by boxturtle

Read your own article, it even says it was not used for ALL the stones, but only some.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

The 6th dynasty official Kaiemankh had such a list: a thousand adzes (an.t) [23], a thousand axes (mjb.t), a thousand mnx-chisels , a thousand DAm.t-chisels, a thousand sA.t-chisels, a thousand gwA-chisels, a thousand saws (tfA). He also did not forget to supply some raw materials like bD.t, apparently chunks of metal (bD refers to a crucible or mould), and Tr, a mineral brought from Elephantine

From the link I added to my last post.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   

So where is the list of wood they gathered ? We find no evidence of wood ramps or anything in Egypt. And like i said, the closest place to harvest large amounts of wood would of been harder to reach then the quarry they went to for the stone.

And if they had tons of wood in Egypt, why not build the living quarters out of wood ? You telling me they harvest tons of wood, used it to make pulleys and ramps to move rocks to build the places they lived in ? Why not use the wood ?
edit on 20-3-2011 by Draken because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Last 2 Cents - seriously check this guy out -

Goodnight Enjoy
(rest of the videos on youtube )

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by thepainweaver

Originally posted by artistpoet
These of course are only theories
No matter how the pyramids were built there are certain facts that need to be considered.

Why are the 3 Giza pyramids aligned with the Orion Star Belt
Why do the narrow channels in the Queens and Kings Chamber align Sirius and one of the 3 belt stars of Orion
These alignments are only true once a precessional cycle
The Pyramids in their prime were covered with polished white marble that refected the sky rendering them almost invisible on the horizon
Where is the missing cap stone and what was its purpose
If it is a burial chamber where are all the hieroglyphs associated with with burial tombs
There is only graffiti that mentions Khufu
The great Pyramid is full of sacred geometry - what does sacred geometry denote
The great pyramid mimicks e Sun Ray

Sound technology or harmonics is little understood by this civilisation but could be used as a tool to create such structures

Not to split hairs here, but these are not "theories" they are "hypotheses". A theory is a notion that has withstood empirical basis and no alternative notion can, to date, challenge its validity or prove it to be not so.

Sonic Levitation is an interesting concept, but one would think there would be something left over from its use, had the Egyptians used it, i.e., a machine written about in texts/hieroglyphs, or something recovered from the archaeological record.

Ok Hypothisis but you know what I mean - Thank you for considering my concept re harmonics - sound technology.- well if the pyramids were built proir to the Egyptian civilisation this would account for no hieroglphs of such a technology - If you believe the great pyramid was built as a tomb then with respect this concept falls on deaf ears.Please consider that the pyramids were built by a prior civilasation who had such a technology.
Why are all the chambers empty - the capstone removed - why are the pyramids aligned with the precession of the equinoxs pointing to a time when they aligned some 12,500 years ago or so. I am not saying I'm correct in my concept but it is worth considering. The pyramids were built for another purpose other then the accepted idea of them being tombs - Indeed there are no hieroglphs in the great pyramid which is at odds with the tradtion of burials - the only mention of Khufu is graffitti - In a prior post I made certain points for consideration and a few facts that challenge the idea that the pyramids were buit as tombs for dead Pharoahs.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

You telling me they harvest tons of wood, used it to make pulleys and ramps to move rocks to build the places they lived in ? Why not use the wood ?

No your saying that, I'm saying they had stone tools and used them.

www.reshafim.org.il...

The building industry did not use much wood, as houses were built of adobe bricks and temples and tombs of rock. Still, some wood was needed for roofs, second storey floors, shutters and doors, and the pillars supporting the ceiling were often trunks of palm trees.
Furniture - beds, chairs, stools, tables, cabinets and chests - musical instruments, boardgames and toys were generally made of wood, and, when in the possession of the affluent, often with inlaid decorations and mostly painted.
Vessels, originally rafts made of bundles of papyrus, were built of wood since the latter part of the fourth millennium and were at times of remarkable size. These great ships and barges were often constructed of Lebanese cedar wood, while the smaller boats were generally made of local timber.

As a cheaper alternative to stone, tombs were at times built from wood, and so were coffins. Originally, these were simple boxes, but with the passage of time they began to receive painted decorations and their shape reflected that of the mummy buried inside them. Wood was also not infrequently used for other burial equipment such as statues or canopic jars.

edit on 20-3-2011 by aivlas because: (no reason given)

Look familiar

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr

I watched the video I'll take issues with him. His claim that they only had "Copper Tools" I posted in the OP that they found "Iron" Also he said they didn't have a Pulley. I also showed in the OP that the Antechamber shows evidence of some sort of Pulley system.

So now what?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Draken

ok. so they only poured, say, 90% of the pyramid? welcome aboard

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118
We have to remember that there were no wheels, lumber was expensive, and tools were primitive.

First off having or not having the wheel isnt a deal breaker. 2nd "Lumber was expensive"? The Pharaoh decided what was and wasn't "expensive" There were no Home Depot Or Lumber yards gouging consumers at the time
Finally does it really require more than a hammer and chisel to carve a square stone block? OR some rope to haul it?

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

i wanted to leave this for now- -

He mentions copper when speaking about cutting rock, even if they had iron , it could not cut rock as they are cut, if you watch the rest of the video , one of the pyramids is nearly 9000 years old, what did they use then , there is no way they had iron then.

Same with pulleys anyway , even if they had pulleys which in your op are wooden correct?? they would not take the strain of blocks of stone that heavy.

Where did they get lumber from? in a desert they were not exactly sailing into Europe to get it where they?>?

Doesn't require more than those things you mentioned no ... but that would take more than 20 or 30 or 50 years to carve them out wouldn't it, When they are farming for 9 months of the year thats some intensive workload

Edit, - With there " hammers and chisels" they must of been excellent, excellent sculptors to have such a small, nearly perfect error tolerance for the blocks to line up. Everyone of them, And centred within a half inch or so. Perfect Engineering and construction

edit on 20-3-2011 by johngtr because: edit

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Originally posted by 11118
We have to remember that there were no wheels, lumber was expensive, and tools were primitive.

First off having or not having the wheel isnt a deal breaker. 2nd "Lumber was expensive"? The Pharaoh decided what was and wasn't "expensive" There were no Home Depot Or Lumber yards gouging consumers at the time
Finally does it really require more than a hammer and chisel to carve a square stone block? OR some rope to haul it?

Lumber was expensive in the sense of scarcity in relation to the lack of trees in Egypt. Their main source of timber was cedar wood from Lebanon. Secondly, it does require more than a 'hammer and chisel' to carve 70 ton granite slabs out of bed rock. Thirdly, to haul the 140,000 pound blocks with 'rope' thousands of feet and and to put them in place (in perfection) isn't as easy as cutting, lifting, and pulling. Such a task without modern machinery is, of course, what an architects nightmares are made of.

edit on 20-3-2011 by 11118 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:30 PM
link   
videos.howstuffworks.com...

and go and find the macchu picchu mega structures vid because it shows how you can get such tight fits with basic tools (yes it's not the same scale but it shows it can be done)

Where are these weights coming from? need sources

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

reply to post by johngtr

No someone suggested animals (Me) then slayer said

There hasn't been any real evidence that Egyptians used the horse or possibly the Elephant in this manner.

then you asked about elephants and I asked why it had to be elephants

Draken true but we are talking egypt and they have the nile which is full of hippos.

hippo's kill more people than any other animal. lol,

have you ever watched a tarzan movie?

i think they would have had more luck with the nile crocks!

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   
what about the theory that the stones arent cut from natural rock but rather poured in place like cement ?

everyone is looking for such incredibly complicated solutions to the construction debate. perhaps its very simple.

pouring stones in place removes all the questions of how did they move such massive stones, how did they make them so perfect and precise, etc

I think its important to understand something often overlooked in history. today we assume much about the history of the pyramid and the nearby sphinx. lets look ahead a thousand years for example...

future historians might assume we built the sphinx based on evidence. we recently renovated the sphinx and this might lead future archaeologist to think we were the builders. its happened before. many many times over thousands of years a civilization has rebuilt and repaired monuments. so who is to say the builders were even egyptians at all ? we really have no idea. there is some evidence that an earlier civilization existed in egypt
edit on 20-3-2011 by admriker444 because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:33 PM
link   
reply to post by artistpoet

One thing I've found quite odd, regarding the sonic levitation idea, is that either the king's or queen's chamber (can't remember) was said to be tuned (or off by a minuscule degree) to perfect A440 pitch.

As far as "pouring" the stones, there is a major difference between limestone and cement. Limestone, what the blocks are said to be made out of, is bedrock that takes hundreds of thousands of years to form. Any geologist that has visited the pyramids would be laughed out of his/her profession to misinterpret limestone. Also, think about how relatively quickly a synthetic concrete weathers, just in our lifetime. The Egyptians would have needed a very special "family concrete recipe" in order to last this long.
edit on 20-3-2011 by thepainweaver because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:34 PM
link   
reply to post by fooks

You never know. Has anyone raised hippos from birth? they also had other animals that could of been used.

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by admriker444
what about the theory that the stones arent cut from natural rock but rather poured in place like cement ?

everyone is looking for such incredibly complicated solutions to the construction debate. perhaps its very simple.

pouring stones in place removes all the questions of how did they move such massive stones, how did they make them so perfect and precise, etc

Are you joking?

How do you "pour" Liquid Granite into blocks easily 50 ton + (some much heavier)
blocks? and get it to set "solid"

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by fooks

reply to post by johngtr

No someone suggested animals (Me) then slayer said

There hasn't been any real evidence that Egyptians used the horse or possibly the Elephant in this manner.

then you asked about elephants and I asked why it had to be elephants

Draken true but we are talking egypt and they have the nile which is full of hippos.

hippo's kill more people than any other animal. lol,

have you ever watched a tarzan movie?

i think they would have had more luck with the nile crocks!

I originally said hippo's kill more people than lions kill every year in Africa
I didnt say they kill more people than ANY other animal

posted on Mar, 20 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by johngtr
probably had to use iron chisels for the granite, but think most of the pyramid was made from limestone where cement would be feasible.

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join