It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Life After Death, Does It Exist?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 09:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

THE BIBLE

Revelations
Chapter 6

6:9 When he opened the fifth seal, I saw underneath the altar the souls of those who had been killed for the Word of God, and for the testimony of the Lamb which they had.

6:10 They cried with a loud voice, saying, "How long, Master, the holy and true, until you judge and avenge our blood on those who dwell on the earth?"

6:11 A long white robe was given to each of them. They were told that they should rest yet for a while, until their fellow servants and their brothers, who would also be killed even as they were, should complete their course.

6:12 I saw when he opened the sixth seal, and there was a great earthquake. The sun became black as sackcloth made of hair, and the whole moon became as blood.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   
As a previous poster mentioned, please read the work of Dr. Ian Stevenson on reincarnation. It is well worth the time.

Dr. Jeffrey Long has an interesting book entitled Evidence of the Afterlife, which is also well worth the read.

Google "Pam Reynolds Near Death Experience" to learn about one incredible account. She was medically killed, in order to save her, and she vividly recounted details that occurred in the operating room while she was dead.

On YouTube there is a great video called The Day I Died, which includes Pam Reynolds' story and many other incredible accounts. There is another interesting video called Boy Who Remembers Past Life.

While some may not find individual accounts of near death experiences and reincarnation convincing, when you pause to consider the entire body of research on these subjects, which incidentally, has been conducted by really bright individuals - medical doctors - it's hard not to be convinced that we experience more than just one life.
edit on 21-3-2011 by Reaching because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
For quick and easy reads on this subject you might also want to check out the work of Dr. Jim Tucker, a colleague of the Late Dr. Stevenson and Tom Shroder, a former editor of the Washington Post who traveled with Dr. Stevenson.

It really is life's most important question.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 10:54 AM
link   
I like the idea of souls from another world or galaxy being reincarinated on earth. I sometimes wonder if this was me? I feel like I just don't belong on this world. One time I recollected memories of a country and their customs I thought maybe I read it somewhere. I was describing this place only to relaize it did not exist on this planet. I often find myself puzzled by what human beings do to each other.
I know I am a human as well but I feel as if I have knowledge from some other place. It is a strange feeling to feel like you are displaced. I defenitely believe in reincarnation but never thought of the aspect of other beings from other worlds being reincarnated on earth. This is exciting to think about.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

I suppose it depends on whether you see conciousness as being attached to or a product of the physical brain/mind or attached to or a product of the spirit. If its the former then there cant be life after death because conciousness would die with the brain. If conciousness is part of the soul then the afterlife is just another state of being thats free from physicality.

Personaly i believe we dont die at all we just change states. I also believe that you have to believe there is something after your physical body dies. Other wise you wont be able to accept it when it happens. Then maybe all you will see is blackness because you are'nt open to the possability that there is something more.

I think its in everyones interest to belive in something after your body gives up the ghost. I think proving to yourself that theres something beyond can help you deal with some of the hardship that you face during life.

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
everything is engery and engery can not "die" it only changes into some other type of engery to put in basic trems.

so what ever you think is what makes you/humans be it spirts or just the sparks in the brain , ect.

it all is engery and engery is everything in one way or another

posted on Mar, 21 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by BrianDamage

Originally posted by Jezus

Originally posted by Jonas86
One thing is weird; why would people lie about the NDE? It's not the same as lying about UFO's.

It's pretty much a proven reality.

True.

When take the massive amount of information it is naive to assume it is all lies and delusions.

There is a chance that NDE could be more related to a naturally occurring chemical in the brain called Dimethyltryptamine ('___').
The same could apply to dreams.
Just thought I'd throw that into the mix.

It certainly is related however it only gets more complex from there.

A correlation is not always causation.

posted on Mar, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   
A question to be asked.

How long does it take the brain to be "officially" dead after the rest of your body stops functioning.

If the brain still functions after "death" for a short period of time, it would explain the awareness on "blackness".

But if everything including your brain dies, and yet you are aware of the "blackness". This could be a clue that there is indeed life after death.
Lately I have been reading a lot about ascending into a higher state of existence, only it is not carnal.

posted on Mar, 25 2011 @ 11:25 PM
link   
reply to post by PoorFool

I have had two seperate experiences of near death scenarios. One was an accidental overdose of speedball which sent me away in a state of sheer blissfull unconsciousness into which I was happy to descend. Had I not been revived by an ambulance crew I feel that I would have existed in a state of blissful flotation but without any knowledge or desire for knowledge about how I reached that state. The second occasion was an hallucinatory death experience that convinced me without any shred of a doubt that I was going to transfer into an existence in a completely different dimension, again producing the fore-knowledge of a pain-free, disolution into an ecstatic state of being. Now, reservations about how true my perception really was have crept in. Particularly since the existence of a God or Creator has been comprehensively de-bunked by science.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by Jonas86
It feels like the quantum / meta physics and electromagnetism and radio waves and telepahty work in the same zone as our consciousness after death. And I was talking about life after death, energy is not our type of life, consciousness is. Of course you could argue we have billions of living blood cells etc within us that we consist of.

I've heard of plants reacting (electro magnetic impulses) to someone tearing the tissue of their leaf even if it was taken hundreds of yards away from the plant itself...

As for telepathy, I've certainly had some 3-10 events that clearly appeared to me as telepathy.

I don't really understand how this works, how something invisible and immaterial can move even in space with tremendous speed.

So how do you explain the rebirth as the number of people in the planet is increasing all the time. There should be new souls awakening too.

We have prosthetic limbs that emulate and are controlled as our normal limbs are by the electrical impulses from the brain.

I don't really understand how this works, how something invisible and immaterial can move even in space with tremendous speed.

That's how your cell phone operates and furthermore what about the wireless connections used by computers these days ? The circuits in your computer are operating at very close to the speed of light...It is all explained and proven to exist by Physics.

The molecular transfer of electrons are what constitute charge and forming what is known as current. The same principals exist in nature as in our technology.

I am fairly certain that telepathy is merely the thought that we use to speak with, as an electrical impulse, which is later sent to the part of the brain that controls speech and the requisite muscles. This thought is instead radiated from our brain via our aura into the atmosphere. Similar to a radio transmitter.

Have you ever seen a picture of a human aura ? It's surrounding us and each and every one's aura is different.
Its a magnetic field.

For example. I can call my dog using my mind and he will respond just as if I had called him using my voice.
My dog is standing in the backyard for example. I think of his name and he wlll look towards me in my direction.

Animals are very sensitive to this and my assertion is as to why they don't have vocal cords as we do.
They simply don't need them.

So how do you explain the rebirth as the number of people in the planet is increasing all the time. There should be new souls awakening too.

The short answer to that question is :

We aren't the only living beings in existence in the Universe. it is mathematically impossible.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by RisenAngel77
A question to be asked.

How long does it take the brain to be "officially" dead after the rest of your body stops functioning.

If the brain still functions after "death" for a short period of time, it would explain the awareness on "blackness".

But if everything including your brain dies, and yet you are aware of the "blackness". This could be a clue that there is indeed life after death.
Lately I have been reading a lot about ascending into a higher state of existence, only it is not carnal.

How long does it take the brain to be "officially" dead after the rest of your body stops functioning. If the brain still functions after "death" for a short period of time, it would explain the awareness on "blackness".

Absolutely !

The Brain and it's cells require oxygen in order to function. They Will continue to do so until the oxygen remaining in it's cells are exhausted. As the brain cells begin dying off due to lack of oxygen, brain function diminishes until brain function ceases to exist.

I recall in High School biology class we killed paramecium (a single celled protozoac creature) by infusing iodine solution onto the water in which they inhabited.

THis was all done under a microscope but They died pretty much instantaneously.

So in retrospect, when our individual brain cells no longer receive oxygen, which occurs via osmosis form other cells I would deduct that they don't live very long after wards if at all.

My theory is that this blackness is the soul preparing to leave the body and the blackness occurs when it has transferred consciousness to the soul's energy. . So the consciousness is shifting from a brain dependent one (which due to death no longer exists) to one to the soul's consciousness and it's subsequent energy.

Similar to a battery back up used on computers in the event of a power outage.
A common exercise in the computer engineering curriculum is to Write a backup power recovery algorithm.
There are a series of steps involved with shutting things down AND preserving valuable data stored in memory before transitioning to the backup power source. But of course it has to happen fairly quickly due to the amount of time in which the RAM memory will store the information without any power.

But I digress....

The reason why I say that is because most people who have passed on and were clinically dead, envision first the blackness and then the tunnel which forms from a distant dot of light in the distance. It doesn't all occur at once.

Perhaps this blackness is simply the threshold between the soul actually departing from the body or not ?
Is the blackness simply this indeterminate transitional state ? Now Running on the soul's energy ?

This is the problem that I have with the '___' hypothesis.
'___' is in essence another chemical that can influence the functioning of the brain.
The same way in which any drug functions by inhibiting certain chemicals within and critical to the brain's function.
But regardless of '___' or not, it would still require a functioning brain to process these chemicals as well as a conscious mind to realize it's effects.

If people are clinically dead in that they haven't any brain activity whatsoever then how is this remotely possible to even process these chemicals AND consciously be aware of if ?

Good discussion though....thanks for posting OP !

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
When someone dies theres a lot of energy that leaves the body which baffles skeptical scientists so i believe there is something.I've also seen a ghost so that has helped me believe that something is there for us after we die.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 10:49 PM
link   
reply to post by gazzachel

Maybe not everyone gets reincarnated or new spirits are being born all of the time.

posted on Mar, 26 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by rewind10000
. Particularly since the existence of a God or Creator has been comprehensively de-bunked by science.

Citation needed! Science can't do (and hasn't done) any such thing!
Vicky

posted on Mar, 27 2011 @ 11:15 PM
link   
As far as reincarnation goes, if it exists damn. I don't want to forget this life. I want to go to an afterlife. As far as life after death, I believe in it. Its not based on anything other than my first hand experience with ghosts however you define them. As far as your energy not just disappearing, true, but that doesn't mean that its life after death. It just means there's something after death. Your problem is you need to first define what life is and then what death is.

posted on Apr, 1 2011 @ 10:35 PM
link   
life only exists were death does not.

posted on Apr, 9 2011 @ 08:07 PM
link   
When you faint, even though you may not remember any thoughts you are still conscious on a certain level, just like a dream. If you were unconscious long enough it would be just like a coma in which people still have thoughts.

reply to post by PoorFool

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
reply to post by Jonas86

I like to believe there is, just for the sake of having hope in something

posted on Apr, 11 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
Does life after death exist ?

If you'd posed this question a year ago, I'd have said 'yes'

If you'd posed it ten or twenty years ago, I would have insisted 'yes'

I mean, I've seen a couple of ghosts. Genuinely seen them and in one case, was able to discover the ghost's identity and probable reason for its manifestation

BUT -- these days I no longer have the reassuring sense of certainty about life after death as I once had

Nowadays, I'm inclining towards the suspicion that all of it --- ghosts, aliens, UFOs, the assortment of paranormal events we read as well as the assortment of weird entities --- I'm beginning to suspect they're all one and the same phenomenon. Shapeshifting phenomenon. Tricksters. Human haters.

In fact, although I dismissed John Lear's claims of the 'soul harvester on the moon' claims when he was on ATS --- I'm now beginning to suspect he might have been onto something

Religion's falling apart now -- it's influence. Amongst intelligent people, that is. Others cling to it and imagine that by doing so, they'll be 'safe'

Whereas I, much as I'd like to be back there believing in Heaven as a sort of Evermore-Disneyland -- I'm beginning to suspect that when this nightmare 'life' is concluded, we'll be in for something even worse

We don't know what we are, or where we come from, or where we're going. And life itself is no prize

But what about those who earn their easy living from professing to know all the answers. Yes, I'm talking about the clergy -- the rabbis and vicars and bishops and cardinals and popes and mullahs etc. Do they seem as if they believe in a just god ? I mean, a lot of those clergy are child rapists. Can't be many worse crimes than that. And these guys are supposed to be in communication with God !

So what does that tell us ? Are the paedophile, robber clergy aware that God is in favour of their activities -- their crimes ? If so, what sort of God does that make him/her ?

Or -- seeing they seem to have NO fear of God whatsoever -- does that mean they know no god exists for them to fear ?

Those clergy condone murder known as 'wars'. They give what they claim is 'God's blessings' to 'their side' in the wars. And on the other side, the clergy ALSO give 'God's blessings'. It's a farce

Anyway, if there existed life after death of a kind we'd like to know about ---- it would be in God's interests to show us that afterlife, to motivate and inspire us. But that hasn't happened. The obvious conclusion is that the sort of afterlife we'd like to believe in --- doesn't exist

At which point, people may well interject with claims of having communicated with their dead parent or grandparent or lover, etc. as proof of a lovely afterlife. And it's not all that long ago that I would have not only believed, but joined them

These days, I'm inclined to suspect that all these communications are false and the work of the tricksters/aliens mentioned at the top of this post

And it's highly likely that it's these very tricksters and their fake communications, are what led to the creation of beliefs and religions in the first place -- from which religion has profited so monumentally ever since

It's possible there exist 'good' and 'benign' trickster phenomena, as well as hostile tricksters, of course

And it may be that when we depart our earthly bodies, we will ourselves join the rank of tricksters, according to our dispositions, i.e., bad people become bad 'spirits', while 'good' people become good spirits

We dont' know and we will not know until after we're dead - if in fact we will ever know

posted on Apr, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
My Wife and I are both tuned in to our psychic side so to speak and we are both telepathic.
That's partly how we came to be with one another.

My Wife's parents passed away a few years ago.

Soon afterward My Wife began seeing her Mother in her dreams...but not her Father.
Her Mother would come to her in her Dreams...but it all seemed very real to her.

Soon her Father began appearing but only in the background and smiling saying that he was OK.

Both her parents look very young again and not at all old as they appeared upon passing.

Her Mother would visit and would even take my Wife on excursions together.
They'd go on picnics and even go shopping together for example.

My Wife and her Mom had both shared a passion for horses and at one time owned a tack shop and horse barn/stable together.

Her Mother on one excursion took my Wife with her to see what their former House and Barn looked like today and what changes had been made by the current owners.

My Wife hadn't seen this place for years and hadn't really paid it much mind.

The next day my Wife was very excited telling me about her excursion with her Mother and seeing the inside of the Barn once again !

The House and adjoining Horse Barn/Stable are in a neighboring town and one day my Wife happened to be in the area and thought that she would drive by to take a look at it.

Upon her surprise the House and Barn looked exactly as she recalled it from her dream and her most recent excursion there with her Mom !

So as far as my Wife is concerned. Her Mother and Father are both still living their lives together and enjoying it to the fullest !!

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join