It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

whats up with all the pro-islam sentiment in the US... heres a little reminder of what were up again

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by recreateaplace

Point denied

You can't compare one nutjob killing a doctor to an organized movement who's aim is to eradicate everyone who's not Muslim......

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by WJjeeper
ONCE AGAIN this thread is not a racist/hate thread. this thread is just a reminder to all those who forgot what happened and is happening right now. call me a racist fear mongerer, i dont care. i just dont like the thought of the US becoming an islamic state. and lets be real our presidents name is "Barrack Hussein Obama". what REAL faithful "christian" changes his name from Barry to Barrack, because his father was a muslim? maybe Obama is really a muslim? makes NO sense to me.
edit on 29-12-2010 by WJjeeper because: (no reason given)

Just so long as you know that Barry/Barrack, or whatever he wants to call himself is playing on the same team as Bush. Bush started the wars, Obama is continuing them. When you understand that, perhaps you will be able to see past your partisan, right/left paradigm and start to see the real control grid of the country (the federal reserve). I hope you have found this conversation to be enlightening.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Do you have any more videos to watch? This has been a most excellent use of my powers of observation. I truly would never have dreamed that it is actually possible to watch three terrorist videos and notice an edit right before the killing on each video. Truly remarkable. Perhaps you can show me a video where there is no edit before the killing, then maybe I will join the fight to find bin laden (although the man who did try to catch bin laden on his own got shipped back to America. Hmm...I wonder why) Until then I can't join something that is so ignorant of reality.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
reply to post by seedofchucky

You have just backed up my claims for me - even with those selected verses - read them more carefully, refusal to submit to Islam = fighting Islam = legitimate target = the whole infidel world = what they have been doing for 1400 yrs!

You see how it violates scripture ? This is the problem with alot of muslims today , They hardly know there own scripture and religion. Its the preachers who bend it to suit there agenda . The quotes dont lie

Does Islam recommend or justify killing of disbelievers or those who decide to leave the religion? The answer is an emphatic "No". God makes it very clear in the Quran, that there is no compulsion in religion (2:256). Free will is one of God's precious gifts to humanity, and human beings cannot take away what God gave man. If someone does not wish to believe, they are to be left alone and not forced in any manner. A submitter's (muslim) job is simply to invite people to God's religion with kind enlightenment (16:125

www.submission.info...

2:190] You may fight in the cause of GOD against those who attack you, but do not aggress. GOD does not love the aggressors.
[2:191] You may kill those who wage war against you, and you may evict them whence they evicted you. Oppression is worse than murder. Do not fight them at the Sacred Masjid, unless they attack you therein. If they attack you, you may kill them. This is the just retribution for those disbelievers.
[2:192] If they refrain, then GOD is Forgiver, Most Merciful.
[2:193] You may also fight them to eliminate oppression, and to worship GOD freely. If they refrain, you shall not aggress; aggression is permitted only against the aggressors.

# "But if they cease, Allah is Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful. And fight them on until there is no more persecution and the religion becomes Allah's. But if they cease, let there be no hostility except to those who practice oppression." Surah 2 Ayah 192-193

# "But if the enemy inclines towards peace, you must also incline towards peace, and trust in Allah: for He is the One that hears and knows (All things)." Surah 8 Ayah 61

# "Allah does not forbid that you do good and make justice for those who do not fight you in the religion or drive you out from your homes. Indeed, Allah loves those who do justice. Allah only forbids your friendship with those who fight you in the religion and drive you out from your homes and back those who drive you out. And befriends them, such are wrongdoers." Surah 60 Ayah 8-9

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
Pro islam?

I see a small tiny minority of voices that say that not all Muslims are evil, but thats about it.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
reply to post by WJjeeper

You are right in that we see so many posts making excuses for the evil done by these people. We read comments about "well so and so did this and so and so did that", but it still does not make it right. We don't see the moral citizens doing anything but taking a back seat while the "oh let's make these people feel better about themselves" idiots run wild on the mass media areas. These people are right up there with Jane Fonda.

You have my attention.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by searching411
reply to post by WJjeeper

You are right in that we see so many posts making excuses for the evil done by these people. We read comments about "well so and so did this and so and so did that", but it still does not make it right. We don't see the moral citizens doing anything but taking a back seat while the "oh let's make these people feel better about themselves" idiots run wild on the mass media areas. These people are right up there with Jane Fonda.

You have my attention.

"You are right in that we see so many posts making excuses for the evil done by these people"

Did you even read the thread ? Or were you to furious and just went to the last page to hit reply?

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by filosophia
I would just like to thank the ATS community for bringing this series of extremist videos to light, because I have heard about them but I did not watch them because they were too gross, no doubt the point of the video, but if I hadn't of watched them with my own eyes, I wouldn't have noticed that each video is edited just prior to the head getting cut off. It's reassuring, really, to know that there really isn't evil jihadist terrorists out to get me. Now if we could only deal with the hoaxers who are making us THINK there ARE. Oh well, life isn't perfect.

I think it's too late to turn the OP away from the levels of Fox News and Glenn Beck brainwashing he has undergone to think Islam is the real enemy.

OP, I'll make this as simple as possible, any problems, raise your hand ok?

A Muslim is not your enemy or a threat to the safety of you. Your real enemy is those in government making money from the restriction of your freedom. Your real enemy is big business exploiting populations for profit. Your real enemy is financial corporations taking your money and spending it on conflicts and wars and destroying the economy. Your real enemy is companies destroying the local environment and local communities because of money saving corner cutting techniques. Your real enemy is broadcasting and media companies seeking to dumb down the population to allow government to pass tyranical and evil laws and legislations without the population muttering because they are too preoccupied with whatever the latest plastic celebrity is doing or wearing, or whatever pogrom Simon Cowell is jumping off. These things ARE a threat to the safety of you. These ARE who you should be directing hate filled threads at.
edit on 29-12-2010 by recreateaplace because: added new enemy and bolded for emphasis

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by filosophia

Originally posted by filosophia
Just so long as you know that Barry/Barrack, or whatever he wants to call himself is playing on the same team as Bush. Bush started the wars, Obama is continuing them. When you understand that, perhaps you will be able to see past your partisan, right/left paradigm and start to see the real control grid of the country (the federal reserve). I hope you have found this conversation to be enlightening.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:41 PM
link   

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

do you see christians cutting people heads off... point made.

Well. maybe not today but in older times is was practiced.
Emperor karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4,500 unwilling to convert to Christianity beheaded.
Tens of thousands of Gaelic Irish fell victims to beheading in the 16th-17th century for not converting.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Bendii

reply to post by JohnnyCanuck

do you see christians cutting people heads off... point made.

Well. maybe not today but in older times is was practiced.
Emperor karl (Charlemagne) in 782 had 4,500 unwilling to convert to Christianity beheaded.
Tens of thousands of Gaelic Irish fell victims to beheading in the 16th-17th century for not converting.

I just posted a few links but I didn't even begin to look at crimes committed in the Northern Irish Troubles between both sides.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   

im a libertarian... im not a fan of either party, they all push the NWO illuminati agenda. ron paul 2012.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 03:59 PM
link   

im a libertarian... im not a fan of either party, they all push the NWO illuminati agenda. ron paul 2012.

Part of the NWO agenda is to push fear based on one concept to make people ignore the fact that the laws introduced to "protect" them are actually spying on their personal activities and limiting their privacy so governments know exactly what you are doing at all times. Can you guess what concept of fear they are pushing? And you claim to be a libertarian!

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:00 PM
link   

ron paul believes the wars in the middle east antagonize the terrorists to attack us in what is known as "blowback." During the 2008 presidential elections, Giuliani and McCain stated that Ron Paul was taking marching orders from Bin Laden. Ron Paul countered by saying that THEY were taking marching orders from Bin Laden because Bin Laden wanted a US presence of troops for him to attack. Either way, Ron Paul was called a sympathizer with the taliban for that remark by not towing the party line. So that means even Ron Paul could be said to be guilty of pro-islamic sentiment, although anyone who knows Ron Paul knows that that is not his main view nor even his top 100 main view. Just curious, you are a libertarian you say, yet you believe in the war on terrorism? That must be a first and is not even consistent with Ron Paul's views. Just saying.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:06 PM
link   

I'm actually sorry that you need to live in fear, and feel the need to promote in your fears with others. I think you'd be a lot better off heading over to your local mosque and try to engage in some community activities...learn to see what values you share, how you are the same. rather than seeking reasons to hate.

Hate's a waste of time and energy.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

does Nicholas Berg ring a bell? Jack Hansley? Eugene Armstrong? Kenneth Bigley?

...if they hadnt been in iraq, attempting to profit from rich white men's long-planned illegal war, they might still be alive - but - arrogance and greed encouraged them to take that gamble and they lost... i have sympathy for their families but not for them... nobody forced them into a war zone... they were doing what they wanted to do and they were stupid about it...

...besides - are they really dead?... i've seen no undeniable evidence... have you?... of course not... you're just going on what you've heard / read or been told or seen on gore freak websites (garbage)...

...the only value to your op is that you mentioned nick berg... how unfortunate that you didnt choose to persue that very interesting case, rather than regurgitate ridiculous anti-islamic rhetoric...

en.wikipedia.org...

Nicholas Evan Berg (April 2, 1978 – May 7, 2004) was an American Jewish businessman who went to Iraq after the US invasion of Iraq. He was abducted and later beheaded according to a video released in May 2004 by Islamic militants.

he was detained in Mosul on March 24 by Iraqi police at a checkpoint. His family claims he was turned over to U.S. officials and held for 13 days without access to legal counsel. FBI agents visited his parents to confirm his identity on March 31, but he was not immediately released. After his parents filed suit in federal court in Philadelphia on April 5, claiming that he was being held illegally, he was released from custody.

The U.S. maintains that at no time was Berg in coalition custody, but rather that he was held by Iraqi forces. The Mosul police deny they ever arrested Berg, and Berg's family has turned over an email from the U.S. consul stating "I have confirmed that your son, Nick, is being detained by the U.S. military in Mosul"

...emphasis mine... usofa officials lied AGAIN... i dont believe the os... why would anyone?... when has the os of anything ever been the whole truth and nothing but the truth?... answer: never...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
Yaaaawwwn.. More ignorance and fear mongering to attempt to gain support for mass murder and illegal / immoral wars... Really wish people would take time to learn and understand other cultures and people rather than believing the lies and propaganda...

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Islam, Christianity and Judaism all display a HORRIBLE history, deeds, and followers. They each cause WAY more harm than good in this world. ALL of these DANGEROUS, BARBARIC AND HATEFUL FAIRY TALES need to be ABOLISHED!!

So nice it would be to move all the religious fairy-tale believing cult members to an island of their own away from the normal folks. The probabilty is nearly 100% that they would KILL themselves off to extinction, while the rest of the world lives in PEACE while ever PROGRESSING onward and upward.

Religious is a CANCER of this planet that needs to be eliminated. ALL of them.

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 06:21 PM
link   
Thank you for all the level-headed comments about such a topic. The videos myself I had never seen. Not sure why I clicked on them, must have been feeling a little in-humane today. Anyways, whether they are real or not, I have my suspicions. This isn't the issue of what is really going on.

This whole sentiment is just to get a negative reaction towards a populace. It is what happens during every conflict by both sides. If you don't think that is the goal of the anti-Islam ordeal, then apparently you haven't experienced a whole lot of conflict in your life.

Here's an example. Sure it's a little dated....but I think you get the idea of what the American government was trying to influence with the American public. Savage barbarians that club our white women and carry 'em off on their shoulders. Why those dirty.... It is called propaganda. It is supposed to create a negative reaction to the individual viewing so they make a quick and often un-educated and un-imformed decision about it.

"Think for yourself. Question Authority. Throughout human history, as our species has faced the frightening, terrorizing fact, that we do not know who we are or where we are going in this ocean of chaos. It has been the authorities, the political, the religious, the educational authorities, who attempt to comfort us, by giving us order, rules, regulations. Informing, forming in our minds, their view of reality. To think for yourself you must question authority, and learn how to put yourself in a state of vulnerable, open-mindedness, chaotic, confused, vulnerability, to inform yourself." -Timothy Leary

posted on Dec, 29 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
I have this little man, his wife and daughters who visit my house ever so often with bible scripture and little books and pamphlets they hand out. This last time they were talking about the evils of religion, and I am thinking ..Is your beliefs not a religion.? Evidently that is not how they see it. Theirs is the right way and all others are evil.
I just listen politely and let them talk. They always ask me if I have any questions that I need answers to. I say ..No. and they leave. To come back another time. They are so cute and really believe what they say. They are where they need to be at this time in our History and who I am I to tell them different.
It is different on here. This is a place for all to have debates and discussions on any subject. To voice an opinion without a face to face contact as I do with the little man and his family.
Its good..its all good. We can be who we want to be here.

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join