It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

sicko murder laughs at pics of his victims in court ( disturbing Video )

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:12 AM
link   
reply to post by destination now

I watched it again. Paying attention to the lady behind him.
Lawyer? Mother?
The live-leak poster claims it's his layer.
What do you think of her reaction?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Nephi1337
reply to post by Clairaudience

did you watch the whole video ? twards the end he has a great big smile on his face , and the question is ,if you were a lawyer and you knew your client was guilty would you still defend her or him ?

Yes, I saw the whole video, and I stand by my opinion.. in fact I waited for "laughter" all way through, but couldn't see anything other than a man in great pain.

And yes, if I was a lawyer I would defend the client, only when a lawyer agrees to take on a case he gets to see the evidence related to it to make up his mind, even if it is more or less known that the client is guilty, the client still has the right to defend his position and to clear up any misconceptions from his point of view. You cannot just put him into jail immediately, there are so many variables that have to be taken into account in order to be sure that the intent and action of the accused person truly reflects the charges to rule upon the accused rightfully.
edit on 21-12-2010 by Clairaudience because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
reply to post by spacedoubt

According to other news reports his family were sitting in a different area and his mother was crying throughout, so I assume it is his lawyer as she seems to be holding a pen and notebook, but as far as her reaction, there wasn't much of one, she certainly was not displaying the "disgust" attributed by the article IMO

This Telegraph article is one of many which suggests he was crying, not laughing.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:30 AM
link   
reply to post by Nephi1337

Also , i want to say too that this really should not turn into a debate over weather or not hes crying or laughing but ,we sould really try and focous on the fact that lawyers are defending people they know are guilty , their has to be some kind of law set in place for this madness

Well perhaps you should have used less ambiguous footage and possibly something more recent, as this story is from 2008, and as for his lawyers defending him when they knew he was guilty, that could be disputed as well, as he always maintained his innocence. (not saying I think he is innocent by the way!)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:33 AM
link   

well now , see i have had a change of heart now , i think i am more interested in why your prospective is that of him being upset ? i see no tears from a father that has had his family murdered ? i am indeed curious can you explain why you think he is crying ?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Clairaudience

your view on emotions is interesting to me , since you have a good understanding on being able to read people , then can you tell me why you think this guy is in emotional pain ? i mean for a father that is on trial for murder and has just witnessed pictures of his dead wife and child surly is keeping it pritty calm dont you think ? also if you get a chance read the whole artical , this guy never called 9-11 when he found them - in fact he took the gun and brought it back to his father in-laws house then he flew to england

ya hes in alot of pain ?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:40 AM
link   

Because in my 43 years of life experience and having seen many people laughing and crying, it looks more like he is crying to me, other posters have given more scientific explanations, but when someone is crying their face distorts somewhat, giving the appearance of a grin when in fact it is a grimace, the redness of his face suggests crying also rather than laughter. Additionally, in many of the reports of the trial at the time, many reported that he broke down audibly sobbing when the pictures were presented as evidence, with the result his mother broke down crying as well. In fact it was noted that throughout 5 days of the trial he sat mainly emotionless til these pictures were shown, at which point he broke down.

So that's why I go with crying, not laughing.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
And of course he could be crying with remorse as the full enormity of what he had done hit him on seeing the pictures in the court. Just because he was accused of killing them (and very probably did) does not necessarily mean that he would find the situation funny and wouldn't ultimately be upset about it.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:47 AM
link   

i am sorry i have to disagree with you miss , but i just dont see any type of breakdown their , and my point of view is way differint , i mean it looks to me like he is feeling kind of shameful for laughing and that he is trying to hide it i mean think about it , he is covering his face why ? if you just seen pics of your dead family would you really caire to cover your face if you were that upset ? so the guy had a breakdown but yet he was able to hide his grin ? also i see no tears , i see him being shamefull for laughing and trying to cover it , now one can say well he might be aware of the fact that he smiles when hes upset , and that we cannot prove , but i just cant get my head around it , and it seems as if you have some sort of remorse for the man ? and if you do may i ask why ?

many thanks

Nephi

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:52 AM
link   

ok lets look at ther situation , number one , the guy killed his family , he was found guilty on this charge , number two we have a man being showed pics of his dead family and we cant be certain weather or not he is crying or laughing , we both can not be sure of this ,

so man kills family , has a big smile on his face ,with no tears ?

or

man kills family has a big smile on his face because hes upset and he still has no tears ?

eh i am sorry but it seems i would have to lean twards answer one it makes more sens to me

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:55 AM
link   

No, I am not defending him in any way whatsoever! I also think that he would be more likely to cry rather than laugh, why do you think he would be laughing?

I also am going with the reporters who witnessed the scene in court, all of whom said he was crying. Perhaps he was crying for sympathy, perhaps he was crying with remorse, but I will stand by my belief that he was crying.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Not sure if you read the link I posted previously here is the quote from the article

During the 20-minute video, which was taken by police investigating the murders, Entwistle covered his mouth and eyes and sobbed.

The tape showed his wife, Rachel, 27, and the couple's nine-month-old daughter, Lillian Rose, dead of gunshot wounds in the master bedroom of their rented home in Hopkinton, a suburb of Boston.

The only sound that could be heard in the courtroom as the video began was the classical music still playing in the baby's bedroom nearby when police found the bodies.

Entwistle's mother, Yvonne, who was in the court in Woburn, Massachusetts, began sobbing audibly after seeing her son break down.

She was comforted by Entwistle's father, Clifford, and brother, Russell, who also cried.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by destination now

No, I am not defending him in any way whatsoever! I also think that he would be more likely to cry rather than laugh, why do you think he would be laughing?

I also am going with the reporters who witnessed the scene in court, all of whom said he was crying. Perhaps he was crying for sympathy, perhaps he was crying with remorse, but I will stand by my belief that he was crying.

why would he be crying ? why would he kill his family ? we can have many answers for theese questions , and yes their may have been people saying he was crying ,but did you see him crying ? we could have just witnessed somthing know one els might have saw , who knows , but i get the feeling you want to debate this issue and with all do respect , i think we both can agree that nether you nor i both know what emotions he is displaying here , it is rather interesting though , i mean i have to admit that this would be the first time i have ever seen anyone cry in this form , i mean no tears , hiding the mouth , big smile ? eh no idea

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:03 AM
link   

ya i didnt see any of that ,did you ? i seen him cover his mouth ,but he surly was not sobbing ,can you agree with me their ?

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Well I could say exactly the same thing to you...Did you see him laughing? You were not there either. And you haven't answered my question about why you think he would be laughing. I have given my opinion on why I think he would be crying, but I can't see why he would be laughing

No, sorry, I don't think he was laughing, and as for why he killed his wife and child, I have no idea about why he or many others who commit heinous crimes like this do so, but I don't think they do it for fun...

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
All you people talking about he is sick. Is that a relative term, and how is he different than george bush, or 99% of humans who would laugh at murdering people?

You people speak in relative terms, but relative to what? Surely not humans, who love murder and torture.

All these threads always go on about how humans are not like this man, but i say 99% of you are for fact like him. Just imagine how many murders are done in effect every day by gov and police,destroying lifes.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:17 AM
link   

well ,yes some do do it for fun , and anyone who kills their family and gets off on it just as this guy seems to be doing sould sit in prison for life ,and as far as why do i think he is laughing ? ummm i dont know maybe because he has a big grin on his face ? and i see no true emotion in his face ,where are his tears of remorse ? where is his big break down you keep mentioning ? i see a sick man who is getting some kind of pleasure off looking at pics of his dead wife and kid ,seriously you seem like a smart woman ,i mean let me ask you would you be able to look at pics of your husband and child murderd ? i know i would not even think twice about looking at thoes pics ! people who do this kind of stuff are sick in the head .. its not right to take any life , its just not ,

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by andyhello23

dude , we are speaking about this situation ,and when the time comes to speak about every other situation in the world ,we will speak about it , so with all do respect focus on this topic ,

i know what is going on in the world is sad ,but as of now we are talking about somthing els , thank you though for your concerns

Nephi
edit on 21-12-2010 by Nephi1337 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:40 AM
link   

Well the video we see starts after the footage is being shown in court, so it is impossible for either of us to say with certainty what his composure was like before the images were shown, although it was reported that he was emotionless right up to that point.

I do think he probably did kill them, in which case he had already seen the images of his dead wife and child, as he was there at the time. Sadly many relatives of murder victims have to look at images of their deceased loved ones, and whilst I can imagine it would be horrific for them, sometimes it is necessary.

Yes, some people do kill for fun, some kill because they are psychotic, some kill out of rage/hate etc, some kill accidently, and it would seem that in this particular case that mental breakdown may have contributed, due to huge debts, the added pressure of a child and his general dissatisfaction with his life. Many people kill themselves in these circumstances, but unfortunately he was a selfish coward who decided to take the lives of his wife and daughter instead. Would he be happy about that? Not sure..he didn't get away with it, so doubtful. Would he be upset? Yes, probably, he will spend the rest of his life in jail, which was probably not part of his plan.

posted on Dec, 21 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   

The article I read here also suggests that he was crying.

Now, let's look at this objectively. Whether or not we consider this person a menace, is irrelevant; whether or not we agree with the principles under which his defence lawyers support him are irrelevant; whether or not we are in position to judge this man without hearing all of the evidence as a jury is also irrelevant.

Are you spear-heading a discussion based on moral-outcry here or are you inviting us debate what is going on in that video irrespective of the circumstances?

It seems you're asking us to look at and offer comment on a live-leak video showing a man displaying an emotional response that is too difficult to discern between laughter from crying. I agree that during some parts of the footage it looks as though his expression is showing a smirk, but are you qualified to make that assertion absolutely? No, you're not. Nor am I, but surely it's fair to accept that some people do not see those emotional expressions as laughter. I see crying. Experience has taught me that some people look strangely ''amused'' when then cry too, does that mean they are also laughing? No, it does not. Facial expression is a truly unique thing and unless you were there to question his emotional response, then it's very likely you'll not know either.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join