It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What do Anti-Feminists Really Want?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by BigTimeCheater

On a sidenote.... Why are all feminists ugly?

They're not! My lady is a committed feminist.

She is stunningly beautiful. Men on the street turn and look and wonder what is she doing with a balding, myopic, less than attractive man like me. Then it hits them......oh yeah, either he's got money or......

and a confidence in my masculinity without a bunch of pitiful crybaby whining about how unfair the world is.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I see you have nothing of substance thus you must result to cheap spelling errors to make yourself feel special. If that is what you want then you have my vote for the special tard of the day.

Oh and just an FYI smarty, your example was not of rape but statutory rape. I will link it here so your no longer confused:

The phrase statutory rape is a term used in some legal jurisdictions to describe sexual activities where one participant is below the age required to legally consent to the behavior.

en.wikipedia.org...

What rape means: In criminal law, rape is an assault by a person involving sexual intercourse with another person without that person's consent.

en.wikipedia.org...

So sorry friend, but no worries I will accept your apology.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jenna

Thats something only ugly people say. You may disagree, but you would be wrong.

So the answer to my question is no. Would have been easier to just say "No, I'm just here to insult people on the internet." But hey, whatever floats your boat.

Would of been easier for you to say the same, glad you agree now have a great day!!!!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

The thread is titled "What do Anti-Feminists Really Want?" so unless your an Anti-Feminists what you have to say here is off topic. Sooooooo, go start your own thred about what you want. Honestly I came to this thread to express my Anti-Feminist points and your reteric just make me hate Feminists more.

Thanks for reiterating why I feel this way.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 01:19 PM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

As I said, more reading and less reacting would be appreciated. Rape is rape. You asked for an example when I'd never mentioned whether female rapists were convicted and I provided one anyway because I'm just nice like that. And yes, repeatedly reading 'weman' was bothering me and I normally don't mind spelling mistakes. Every time I read that it made me think of Wee Man and it just confused my poor little brain.

Honestly I came to this thread to express my Anti-Feminist points and your reteric just make me hate Feminists more.

So pointing out that I didn't do anything to you and am in no way responsible makes you hate feminists more? Pointing out that hating all women and taking your anger out on all women makes as much sense as me blaming every man in existence if I get raped makes you hate feminists more? Yep, makes a ton of sense to me.
Sorry bub, but I'm just providing some logic and common sense.

Honestly what it all sounds like to me is that you're just looking for a target and I managed to win the lottery by daring to disagree with you. If railing against me is therapeutic in some way for you, then go ahead. Let me know when you're ready to have an adult conversation.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Jenna because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:08 PM
link   

On a sidenote.... Why are all feminists ugly?

I feel so... UGLY!

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Rape is rape? Are you seriously saying statutory rape is the same thing as rape by force?

Hopefully you aren't that delusional.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by BigTimeCheater

A full grown adult having sex with a 14-15 year old kid? Yeah, it's rape no matter how you slice it because 14-15 year old are generally below the age of consent and cannot legally give consent to sexual contact. Rape can happen through physical force or through coercion and someone in a position of authority is most certainly capable of exerting coercion. If you really feel like ranking rapes by how badly you think they affect the victim, feel free. I for one will do no such thing.

You completely missed the part where I never made any claims concerning rape. I was asked for an example of something I never claimed and I was nice enough to provide it anyway. Kindly aim your ire somewhere else.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   
Look, the fact is, that over 90% of feminists, ( i should know my sister is one of them ) spend most of their natural adult life on college campuses pushing their belief/propaganda. And when play time is over, ( college campus time ) they go out into the "real" world and realize everything they've been preaching is now questionable to say the least. They think the women's right movement of the 1960's ( and earlier ) is something they need to continue to fight for. Problem is, in this day and age, we just don't have the issues we once did.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Is an 18 year old having sex with his 17 year old girlfriend a rapist? How about a 19 year old?

Statutory rape laws are a product of puritanical religious freaks, nothing more.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Whereweheaded

One person does not equate with 90%, nor is one person representative of millions of people.

You realize that there are Romeo and Juliet laws right? You also realize I said "grown adult" and "child" right? And once again, you realize I never made any claims so your line of questioning is going nowhere fast, right?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   

and a confidence in my masculinity without a bunch of pitiful crybaby whining about how unfair the world is.

Wow talk about e-bullying. Do you feel better now? Hows that masculinity coming along.
edit on 2-11-2010 by Brood because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:44 PM
link   

You realize that there are Romeo and Juliet laws right? You also realize I said "grown adult" and "child" right? And once again, you realize I never made any claims so your line of questioning is going nowhere fast, right?

Nature dictates when people are ready for sex, not religious freaks.

A 14, 15, or 16 year old is not a child by any stretch of the imagination.

Just out of curiosity, do you support states that have the age of consent set 18 at instead of a lower number?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Tell you what, once you can show me where I claimed anything about teenagers aside from pointing out the existence of Romeo and Juliet laws which you apparently know nothing about considering your continued line of questioning we can talk. Till then for the love of all that's holy quit asking me questions like you're proving me wrong about something I never said.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:53 PM
link   

Tell you what, once you can show me where I claimed anything about teenagers aside from pointing out the existence of Romeo and Juliet laws which you apparently know nothing about considering your continued line of questioning we can talk. Till then for the love of all that's holy quit asking me questions like you're proving me wrong about something I never said.

Well so far youve been wrong on just about everything you have said.

You are proving the stereotypes of feminists to be true.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   

Well so far youve been wrong on just about everything you have said.

You are proving the stereotypes of feminists to be true.

Examples? Or are you still tossing mud to see what sticks?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

I didn't imply one person was equivalent to the population as a whole. My statement was based off of knowledge gained by the one person I do know. For you to assume, further suggests that your comments are based off of emotion, and not evidence that supports your argument.

Based on your logic, one could easily conclude you failed math miserably?

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whereweheaded
I didn't imply one person was equivalent to the population as a whole.

Ahem:

Look, the fact is, that over 90% of feminists, ( i should know my sister is one of them ) spend most of their natural adult life on college campuses pushing their belief/propaganda.

I bolded the relevant section for you. Your sister apparently does this, and based on that you say that's what over 90% of feminists do. So yeah, you did indeed imply one person was the representative of millions of people.

For you to assume, further suggests that your comments are based off of emotion, and not evidence that supports your argument.

That's funny. You based your evidence off one person and you're trying to say my comments are based off emotion? Wow.

edit on 2-11-2010 by Jenna because: Quote tags... *sigh*

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Jenna

Your view that "rape is rape" even though you failed to realize the difference between the 2.

posted on Nov, 2 2010 @ 05:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Kailassa
As one who was a feminist in the 60s/70s, I can tell you it was unequal rights between the genders that caused feminism, not the other way around.

There were some laws ( or lack of them ) that were unfair to women in those days, just as there many that were unfair towards men, but opportunistic feminists took advantage of this supposed oppression of their gender, to twist many modern-day laws drastically in their favour.

Feminism is about bias towards women, not gender equality.

Sorry, your experiences of discrimination were too large for me to quote. That is why I snipped the text in your reply.

I'm very sorry to hear about all of your unfortunate experiences.

But what your stories told, was a need to even up laws and regulations surrounding gender equality ( and hopefully changing many people's attitudes along the way ).

That happened, and thankfully we have much more equal laws all around in Western society today.

That's just a few examples of why feminism was necessary.

Feminism was not necessary; a push for gender equality was.

However, I can understand why a woman might be lured towards the movement in those days, but there is no excuse for such an outdated ideology in 2010.

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join