It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 17
<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
reply to post by FoJAk

yes, i tried that myself with my iphone - my two sets of fingers get separated when i have it at an angle down to my mouth and up to my ear. exact same position as in the film.

now try to separate your fingers that way WITHOUT holding anything - its pretty much impossible to do.

go to 4:11 in the video and go frame by frame and you'll see it - the two sets of fingers clearly separated , indicating that he/she is holding a device. a rectangular device.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:24 PM
link   
Interesting posts regarding this. It almost seems that there may be some that are quite unnerved regarding this find. There are many things we have not experienced yet and there may be those who are not yet ready to be exposed to the future. What is old is new and what is new is old.
edit on 21-10-2010 by sentinel007 because: missing an e on there

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by HughJorgan
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d08a1b279104.jpg[/atsimg]

OK...now if it was something like this. I'd be on baord.

*5 minutes in MS paint...sorry.

ZOMG time traveling handsome jetsetting robawtz !!!!

Disclosure!!!!!!!

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

so you know about future technology and how it should look like? you're not really adding much to this discussion.

its not beyond the realms of possibility that ergonomically palm sized devices will be palm sized forever in the future - only that they'll get vastly more powerful.

it's also not beyond the realms of possiblity that these devices could double as time travel communication devices back to "base" , or even as the time machine itself.

so just saying "wont things get smaller in the future" doesnt really stand up to scrutiny. ergonomically a palm sized device will always be palm sized. just vastly more powerful in the future.

edit on 21-10-2010 by netron because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:28 PM
link   
So you think it could be David Rockefeller?

I am a passionate traveler, and from the time I was a child, travel formed me as much as my formal education.
Quotation of David Rockefeller

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/4daa53f254c1.jpg[/atsimg]

If so he is so lucky and i would say a big fan of Chaplain...
edit on 21-10-2010 by antar because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by netron

so you know about future technology and how it should look like? you're not really adding much to this discussion.

Yeah I know, I would be 'adding to this discussion' if I made the case for 'time traveler' caught on a Chaplin film....right?

But all the posts where I tried to inject logic, is not 'wanted'. I see how things work here.

ATS = try and be logical =bad muppet

Go with the flow and support insanity =good ATS muppet

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
Take a look at this one from the 40s www.boingboing.net...

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by OldDragger

I think you guys missed something Clarke said-- this wasn't a scener or outtake from a Chaplin movie, but a clip from the opening night press coverage FOR the movie-- big difference. In other words, a random shot of the crowd massing to watch the premiere at Mann's Theater. The whole "this guy's an extra" thing goes out the window.

Just a thought, but there's no reason it couldn't be a slim camera instead of a cellphone-- he/she's narrating into it while keeping it high to grab the action, but concealed in the cupped hand. Makes more sense than a cellphone in a time with no towers. At best, it'd be a two-way radio-- but if a radio, why not use a much less obtrusive earphone transmitter a la Bluetooth instead of the awkward hand-stuck-to-the-head while walking up the sidewalk? A camera would explain the need for the hand position as well as the animated "talking to somebody".

link   
reply to post by antar

At first it was a joke but I actually believe that if it was a time traveller? Yep... David Rockefeller!

look at the wide, bull's ass-like hunchback stature...

Reverse this below image and you tell me hahaha!

Just look at those hooves and that posture... What's up with that facial expression!?

Now... Why would he go back? Or is it possible someone went back? Their spin off companies did plenty well after the split of standard oil!

See "John D. Rockefeller" section at the following LINK

Hahaha!
edit on 21-10-2010 by Atlantican because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by netron

I didn't say SMALLER numb brain. I said "INCONSPICUOUS" . Do you know the difference?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by netron

Exactly! I tried without my phone as well and could not re-enact it well. At best I felt like a "special" person who was trying to scrape the side of face off while having a conversation.
This is definitely interesting.
edit on 10/21/2010 by FoJAk because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:35 PM
link   

Actually lots of non time traveller options have been starred and supported.
Please note that I have throughout the thread said I am skeptical this is a time traveller.

Your contributions regarding the points of this being a heavy set woman is more likey than a time traveller I starred and valued, these agressive contributions i do not value.

edit on 21-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:37 PM
link   
Just to get up to speed here guys.

We have a possible David Rockefeller Time Traveler holding a cell phone...possibly the time machine ITSELF...who went back to 1928 and is walking around Hollywood BLVD. in a black dress and heels?

This gets better by the minute. The guy who made the VIDEO couldn't even make this stuff up.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   

But your assertion about phones getting smaller in the future doesnt stand up to scrutiny, because even now, with iphone, such devices are far more handheld computer than just "phone".

palm sized devices will alway be palm sized. its a natural size for them ergonomically. its just that in the future far more power will be packed into them - imagine the combined power of all the worlds computers packed into a palm sized device. thats certainly a possibility for future technology.

so your dismissal based on size has flaws when thought about logically.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:38 PM
link   
It does look like this person is holding something up to their face. Could it possibly be a walkie talkie? Or some other two way radio perhaps?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

well if you are going to throw insults around then this conversation is over.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:40 PM
link   
We didn't always have blue tooth headsets. During the analog phase of cellular technology we had phones like the Motorola Elite which was a slim cell phone that did not have blue tooth capability. This phone was introduced around 1996-1997. Could this individual havel been from that time period? Hmmmmm, I wonder how many more findings like this are out there for the general public?

link   

link   
Ha! First off, star n flag for making my brain twitch. I came here thinking "Oh comon now, I'm gunna figure this out easy enough".

I leave saying-

"you win...that's freaky".

I'm off to reconsider my place in time and space.

Thanks for this wonderfully fun thread.

edit on 21-10-2010 by Mr Mask because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:41 PM
link   
reply to post by IC 11:11

i'm thinking that as well - possibility - Nikolai Tesla and some crazy walkie talkie technology that he was testing out? was he investigating this at the time?

top topics

<< 14  15  16    18  19  20 >>

join