It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

page: 16
<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join
share:

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
He says "It is not an AM/FM radio obviously because it is 1928". But he is willing to say it is a cell phone. That does not make much sense to me.

I would think time travelers would have access to much smaller cell phones. After all they are small enough to fit in the palm of your hand now. By the time time travelling is developed, they should be even smaller than that.

link   
reply to post by Prove_It_NOW

LOL, I am not laughing at you, but with you on that one! Classic, and you know what? Maybe there will be more, if nothing else youll have a great night. I love all those oldie but goodies. I have the whole Set of little miss Shirley Temple...

link   
reply to post by zazzafrazz

Oh I get it now.....yes...it's about me needing a hug.

Forget the fact that ATS threads are mired in wonky theories 'all for fun' and any intelligent deduction isn't rewarded.

Yep, it's about me needing a hug. Kudos.
edit on 21-10-2010 by Prove_It_NOW because: (no reason given)

link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher
But unlike others, who present there ideas as possibilities...you present yours as THE answer.

ummmmm really
I think I said

"and I think I know exactly what she's
doing. "

I think, I think, I think !!!
where does that come off
as being what you suggest?

Had I said, "and I KNOW exactly what she's doing"
i would have agreed with ur post.
I have no idea why I feel the need
to defend myself. It was just my opinion,
take it or leave it.

boon

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d08a1b279104.jpg[/atsimg]

OK...now if it was something like this. I'd be on baord.

*5 minutes in MS paint...sorry.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by zazzafrazz
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

OK lets not get into a WWWF
this thread is fun

*hands Boon and OS some baked pancakes with blueberries to share

Edit to add, perhaps talk to each other through a cupped technique and the other through a old electric hearing aid to hear each other better lolol
sorry couldnt resist....
edit on 21-10-2010 by zazzafrazz because: (no reason given)

Fine...give me those pancakes.

Sorry zazz...wasn't trying to poo on your thread...it just bothered me.

BTW...what is the WWWF? Is that the new super cool online wrestling group?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:17 PM
link   

Why so serious?

It's all just pixels on a screen.

link   
It looks like David Rockefeller!~

More likely so if he's in drag.

link   
If someone had the tech to "time travel", wouldn't you think they would have invented a more inconspicuous PHONE DEVICE?

LOL....WOW

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

If it's all just pixels on a screen, then why aren't you over at /b/ posting the same level of stuff?

I mean, why take anything seriously then...right?

link   
reply to post by groingrinder

I thought about that too, but the devices which can transmit through gaping holes in the universe may need to be larger than the small cell phones we use now. When I met that alien being in Sedona, the being was using a device to work with the waters of Oak Creek, and it has always puzzled me why the device would be the size of a Blackberry...

link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Originally posted by antar
Maybe this is timetravel disclosure... I believe it has already begun. We need to start watching closely for more 'hints' to come, in the meantime excellent find!!!

I'm breaking out my old tapes of The Three Stooges, Laurel and Hardy, and other pre WW2 comedy films.....to look for more Time Travelers.

The coffee is brewing and I expect I'll be up a long time. Wish me luck.

Time travelers or not...either way...you can't go wrong.

WC Fields...Marx Brothers...hey...I might have to do some "research" as well.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

It looks like she has no teeth, or at least is missing more than half of them. This would also be common for the era. Her face is shortened between chin and nose, and sunken cheeks, like she is missing her dentures......which makes you rub your gums together. Think of the older people you've spent time with without their teeth. Their mouths move constantly, like they are chewing gum or tobacco.

That dog just might hunt. Definitely makes the most sense to me in the "perfectly rational, non time-traveler, non-alien" explanation category.

In the category of "OMG, that is simply not from the world of 1928" category, I like this one from The Vagabond:

3. This is a time traveler, who wants to be able to prove that time travel is possible but does not want everyone to know. They believed they could accomplish this by appearing in a relatively obscure piece of footage that would not be too widely seen or carefully studied, but which would be readily available in the future for anyone who had been told what to look for.

I kind of like the idea of future time-travelers playing a "Where's Waldo" or "Find the Easter Egg" kind of game with each other in the future.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by GhostLancer

Originally posted by OldDragger
I'm pretty sure service was spotty in 1928. not many towers then.

You're thinking INSIDE the box. If they are time travelers, they might have tech we're not privy to, right? Even today there are satellite phones that don't require towers. C'mon. You've gotta do better than that for godssakes.

Yes but SATELLITE phones do require SATELLITES. Where were they in 1928?

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
reply to post by groingrinder

What he means is that transistor radios were decades away from that point. Them being the only type small enough to fit in the hand like that. So it wasn't a transistor radio as we know bell labs didnt have a transistor till roswell.
So either way the device is likely well out of it's time.

Could it be an icepack? In order to look like David Rockefeller in drag, it would require a sizable impact to the face.

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   

is it not beyond the realms of possibility that time travellers would be equipped with iphone sized devices , since they fit into the hand? and such devices would be unbelievably powerful quantum computers?

heck , might that device even be the time machine ITSELF? think about it.

link   
reply to post by Atlantican

OMZ!!! Ya think??? Now that would be the biggest event ever, do you have pictures of him that are at the same angle to prove your point? That would just be too much!

link   
When I saw the thread title I was like whaaa? This sounds kind of silly.
But...after watching it over and over I really have no explanation. It looks so much like someone on a cell phone it's uncanny. I had to go grab my cell phone and test out the finger positions, and you know what?! Some times I hold my phone in the same exact manner! With my pointer and middle finger on the top of the phone while the others grip the side. I'm not saying it's a time traveler for sure, but how could even a crazy person know how to mimic a cell phone device. I understand a "crazy" person could talk to fruit if they wanted to, but this this soooo cell phone-ish that it's kind of creepy. Great find! Definitely gave this bored mind something to ponder. I'm gonna show this to some friends and see what they think. Thanks for the thread!

link   
reply to post by OutKast Searcher

I definitely feel that there is evidence of Time Travel in the Three Stooges episode where they took a rocket up to space. I'll check my reel to reel of that and see any hidden time traveler captures.

Nyuck Nyuck Nycuk

posted on Oct, 21 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by netron

is it not beyond the realms of possibility that time travellers would be equipped with iphone sized devices , since they fit into the hand? and such devices would be unbelievably powerful quantum computers?

heck , might that device even be the time machine ITSELF? think about it.

True, but even our CIA knows to use earbuds.

And now I can't believe I'm actually commenting on this. LMAO. This is hilarious now.

top topics

<< 13  14  15    17  18  19 >>

join