It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO's in NYC with my picture

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+5 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
here's an article

Mystery shiny object floating...NYC

apparently that happened around 12 hours ago, or 1 pm. they say they're balloons.

here's a picture i took from a meat-packing area bar. 18th floor:

that picture was taken around 5 or 6.

discuss.
edit on 14-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: (no reason given)

wow! this is alot of fast replies. too fast for a guy that's gotta be up in 4 hours. i'll be back tomorrow to discuss with. have fun.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
reply to post by snusfanatic

Wow, were they moving?
I love how on the three roofs below it says 'Belief' 'Doubt' 'Sanity'
Fit's the picture perfectly!

Cheers
Brady

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Close to the same time as the "gas leak" at the radar facility...

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:38 AM
link   
this is a picture taken before yours......

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d2b0a63511a2.jpg[/atsimg]

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   

So the majority say they are balloons? Then surely the majority of people can't be wrong

Great pic, & thanks for sharing snusfanatic, much appreciated. Good pic too!

Here is the pic provided from the link you supplied:

Thanks again for sharing,
ET

edit on 14-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: Balloons are fun

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by RICH-ENGLAND

well those are not Unidentified Flying Objects! Heck, they aren't even flying

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by Esoteric Teacher

they were once they were released.....

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:41 AM
link   
reply to post by GetRadNZ

It is pretty ironic isn't it?

projects.rogannyc.com...

The Whitney Museum has commissioned three artists to cover the site of its future building in the Meatpacking with printed vinyl. Barbara Kruger is one of them and she has transformed the space into a giant version of her famous collage pieces. The conspicuous installation is visible from the street and above from nearby buildings at Gansevoort & Washington.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

thanks

rich

Please examine the size of these "balloons" relative to the size of the skyscrapers.
edit on 14-10-2010 by obzerv because: (no reason given)

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by Esoteric Teacher

So the majority say they are balloons? Then surely the majority of people can't be wrong

Great pic, & thanks for sharing snusfanatic, much appreciated. Good pic too!

Here is the pic provided from the link you supplied:

Thanks again for sharing,
ET

edit on 14-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: Balloons are fun

that picture is FAKE it was made by jasondiamond and hes a digital artist!....

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:43 AM
link   
Im pleased we have a ATSer who can back up a report with their own snap, Ill leave it to the smarty people to investigate.

thx for posting

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by obzerv

Originally posted by RICH-ENGLAND

thanks

rich

Please examine the size of these "balloons" relative to the size of the skyscrapers.
edit on 14-10-2010 by obzerv because: (no reason given)

eh? why?

thanks

rich

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   
If these are balloons, it's a damn shame....

Why the world is running out of helium

It is the second-lightest element in the Universe, has the lowest boiling-point of any gas and is commonly used through the world to inflate party balloons. But helium is also a non-renewable resource and the world's reserves of the precious gas are about to run out, a shortage that is likely to have far-reaching repercussions.

Scientists have warned that the world's most commonly used inert gas is being depleted at an astonishing rate because of a law passed in the United States in 1996 which has effectively made helium too cheap to recycle.

The law stipulates that the US National Helium Reserve, which is kept in a disused underground gas field near Amarillo, Texas – by far the biggest store of helium in the world – must all be sold off by 2015, irrespective of the market price.

The experts warn that the world could run out of helium within 25 to 30 years, potentially spelling disaster for hospitals, whose MRI scanners are cooled by the gas in liquid form, and anti-terrorist authorities who rely on helium for their radiation monitors, as well as the millions of children who love to watch their helium-filled balloons float into the sky.
Why the world is running out of helium - The Independent / Science

Preserve the Helium New York!

sheesh,
ET

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Why have you edited your post?

You had something along the lines of "I doubt these are ufo's though"

What does that mean?

I think you're trying to have us on by reflecting some sort of light on the window in front of the camera.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Most excellent picture . Thanks for taking and posting this! Here is a close up view.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/be99b6762f91.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   

+7 more 
posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:52 AM
link   
How can you think those are balloons? Balloons would pop from the pressure or drift off. They don't just decide, "Hey why don't we hover around the city for a few hours?". Seriously, haven't you ever let go of balloons as a kid
?

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Chadwickus

yea, i do indeed doubt these are ufos. and i do think it may be a reflection. i assure you though i was too drunk and far too underdressed in this place to be showing up to play pranks as well (its from the standard hotel) there was definately something in the sky today. i'm gonna post a video here tomorrow of a flashing/moving light from the same location. my friend thinks its a helicoptor and i'm inclined to believe him.

the point of this post is this: just look at the photo i posted. which i assure you is my own photo, and the photos that are on these news stories about the manhattan sightings. compare and discuss. i think they are very similar.

something might have happened today. or it may have been a balloon. but even though i believe in ufos i just think there would have been a bigger commotion or more people noticing things if there was ufos.

EDIT:

for more clarification. my friend took the picture and i took the video. good night folksess.
edit on 14-10-2010 by snusfanatic because: everything under the word edit is the edit

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:55 AM
link   

Look At snusfanatic's picture ... there in the right hand corner, bottom ... let me rotate it... oh, how fitting for ATS...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8f6d95dca182.png[/atsimg]

Pay Attention to: DETAILS

edit on 14-10-2010 by Esoteric Teacher because: (no reason given)

edit on 14-10-2010 by Gemwolf because: Please don't use the headline tags when it's not a headline.

posted on Oct, 14 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   

isn't that a beautiful saying? its right under the high-line. for anyone that visits new york. go to the standard hotel, 18th floor between 4-7 or something like that. its like something straight out of the 40's. great view, jazz, expensive ass drinks. wonderful time.

EDIT BELOW

alright for real. this has been a blur of a day. must wake up early. must sleep.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join