It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Giants really were really giants.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 02:08 AM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Yes but like you say there was a lot more oxygen around then and bigger lungs and everything was bigger in some ways, but it says that its wingspan was 2 feet so basically it was about the size of a bird and with its physical make up the same as a bird and the time zone/climate/ecosystem its not impossible not by a long shot. And the whole ants thing I was thinking of the movies were ants are bigger then a tank chasing people around for food. And the giants in the ops vid are huge the head is the size of a small human over 15 feet if there was anybody that tall and big he would weigh a little over one thousand pounds, his muscle mass would have to be more just to sustain the frame. I mean look at what gigantism does in humans they don't live long and they have all kinds of joint and bone problems not to mention over sized organs that fail, and on top of that look at andre the giant the wrestler and dude who played in the princes bride movie he was 7 feet and weighed 400 pounds, he was deffinatly strong but not so fast, and he died at 46 due to his condition.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:46 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Heres a link: www.bibleufo.com...
Just look up the Giant section.

Stargods.org is another link.

So is mythandmystery.com

Unexplainable.net I believe is another. It's been about a year since I was reading on the subject.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
Great posting! S&F for sure.

Giants are a newfound interest for me.

If you are interested, I just did a thread about a recent underwater discovery and the cave/tunnels/underground living areas in Belize- & they found large bones!!! Giant if you will.

Here is the thread link if you wish: www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by DZAG Wright

Heres a link: www.bibleufo.com...
Just look up the Giant section.

Stargods.org is another link.

So is mythandmystery.com

Unexplainable.net I believe is another. It's been about a year since I was reading on the subject.

Thanks! Those are all pretty interesting links. Lots of other stuff to get lost in. Now I see, the bone was a sculpture based on an "eyewitness account." I knew I had dismissed it from memory for some reason. Too bad nothing scientific to prove anything in any of that so far but interesting just the same. Thanks.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

When I was first responding I was just about to go to bed and did not feel like even doing a quick search on google.

Now the links I gave you all have information concerning Giants in history. Of course it isn't going to jump in your lap but it's there.

What I ascertain from my reading is that the proof and evidence is being suppressed by originally the Catholic church. Not sure if they have the pull to do so now, but in the past they definately did. It's said that any skeletons found are handed over to the church.

I just went to thebibleconnection.com and found the name I couldn't rememer, it's St. Christopher. He is described as being of massive stature with a terrifying mien. It's stated that he was 12 coudee's tall. Apparently the translation was made and a coudee is a little more than a foot in length. So the guy was between 12 and 18 feet tall. It goes on to say how it is completely ignored in history.

One way that sounds funny even, is that the subject of Giants is the "pink elephant" in the room. When mentioned and even if accounts or evidence is given, everyone gets the dazed and confused look.

Now of course there is some deceit in some accounts that must be weighed, but you should see it isn't all false.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:13 AM
link   
I'd like to see Giants linked to the creatures we hear about now called bigfoot. I've seen a bigfoot with my own two eyes while stationed in Alaska so I know that entity is real.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:17 AM
link   

When I was first responding I was just about to go to bed and did not feel like even doing a quick search on google.

Now the links I gave you all have information concerning Giants in history. Of course it isn't going to jump in your lap but it's there.

I see there are all kinds of wonderful stories. Unfortunately they are all just there. There is no evidence of any of them.

What I ascertain from my reading is that the proof and evidence is being suppressed by originally the Catholic church. Not sure if they have the pull to do so now, but in the past they definately did. It's said that any skeletons found are handed over to the church.

It is said that if you wish before you blow a dead dandelion away...yadda yadda. I love a good story, I really do. Where is there any proof anything was ever found, possessed, handed over or taken, and since suppressed?

You know what "evidence" is, right?

I just went to thebibleconnection.com and found the name I couldn't rememer, it's St. Christopher. He is described as being of massive stature with a terrifying mien. It's stated that he was 12 coudee's tall. Apparently the translation was made and a coudee is a little more than a foot in length. So the guy was between 12 and 18 feet tall. It goes on to say how it is completely ignored in history.

Really? A bible website says that? Then it must be true. Talking donkeys, Noah, all that stuff? How silly of me to expect evidence when you have religious fairy tales. Maybe you can link me to this translation as well? I am having trouble finding any mention of this "coudee."

Seriously. You know stories are stories right? I am looking for proof. I am especially interested in proof given the light of the staunch defense of Indian photograph coverups.

One way that sounds funny even, is that the subject of Giants is the "pink elephant" in the room. When mentioned and even if accounts or evidence is given, everyone gets the dazed and confused look.

Pink?

Now of course there is some deceit in some accounts that must be weighed, but you should see it isn't all false.

I would love to see that. Can you show me something that offers some proof?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

I agree with you, just pointing out that there could have been giants in the past. Most of the evidence of giants now days are limited to beings under ten feet tall. But there are many stories, myths, and legends including the Nevada Native American accounts.

The movie with the giant ants was called Them I believe. It was one of my favorites when I was a kid. There was another with giant praying mantisses and one with giant spiders. This was all a part of the nuclear scare of the sixties. These types of giants would never be able to survive in our atmosphere or gravity.

[edit on 7/7/2010 by darkelf]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 09:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Leonardo01
Those pictures are indeed from Cornell University and pertain to the excavation of a mastodon skeleton..

Are you sure about that?

Do you know where I can find more info on that?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:29 AM
link   

Just read the stuff I posted and make a call yourself. It may not be sufficient too you. Some people have to actually see the bullet hole before they believe they're shot. Me, I can go with feel.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:34 AM
link   

Just read the stuff I posted and make a call yourself. It may not be sufficient too you. Some people have to actually see the bullet hole before they believe they're shot. Me, I can go with feel.

If you can feel a bullet, there is either a bullet or you are hallucinating, right?
That would mean that we can then dig that bullet out and see it.

BIG DIFFERENCE.

I would be more than happy to entertain anything that might encourage me to believe. I just need more than fairy tales and second hand myth. Why don't you?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:40 AM
link   
I bring this persons experience from another thread:

"Iw anted to comment on the femur bone, it seems people are wondering if it is human. We cant say for sure, but I say it's possible. Back in the 70's in a ranch in the state of Totatiche Mex., My fathers cousin was having trouble with a patch of soil where nothing would grow, no matter how much it was fertilized or treated. My dad recalls his cousin saying that they decided to dig to see what was under neath, folk stories and superstitions said that it is because there is treasure. So they dug and dug and found two giant human skulls (size wise, about 2 and a half feet from the ground to the top of the cranium).

Perplexed they just left them there, disappointed with not finding treasure. People that passed by, women and kids complained that they were freightened especially when they had to pass through at night. So my father's cousin buried them again. I asked my father to take me there, and to my disappointment he said his cousin no longer owns the property, and I said yeah a likely story, seems this always happens, some how no way to get to the place now etc... I told my dad, if they would have saved them and stored them properly they were in and of them selves a treasure.

But then again, I have read stories about giant skulls found in the west here in the U.S. and the remains misteriously disappear and no more is said about them. A cover up. Perhaps it is good those skulls in Mexico didn't get brought up to the spot light.

I wonder if the bone found in that under water cave will turn out to be human, if they will openly say it is human?"

You see it's things like these that happen that just are darned. Sometimes you have to think, why isn't it news when something happens. Take the mystery of big black cats in America. If you haven't read up on it, the scientific community argues that hundreds of people are seeing things and that there aren't any large black cats in America. But if you talk to folk in various places such as Kentucky, they KNOW and have known that there are large black cats. It's a everyday thing to them. They've been seeing them as well as their grandparents. How come Game and Wildlife continue to ascertain that there aren't any big black cats, be they leopard or puma?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   

I'm able to feel when something is right or something is a lie. Even when something is a lie, you can feel if it's a malicious, unnecessary lie, or if it's a mistaken or exagerrated lie.

When I read these stories or accounts I don't see any reason for someone to lie about seeing giants. A lot of the stories state giants as if they're nothing phenomenal, as if they were the norm.

Read some of the data and see how plainly Giants are discussed in days past.

When I get my thoughts together after lunch I'll tell you a hunch or two I have why we can never get solid proof. It all has to do with what we deem as "reality".

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   

Hi KJ here's a link to a rather large skull found in the Nevada desert. Does it prove the case for giants? I guess that's up to the person interpretting the evidence. It is, however, a very large skull. If you're ever in Winnemucca, feel free to check it out.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Hi KJ here's a link to a rather large skull found in the Nevada desert. Does it prove the case for giants? I guess that's up to the person interpretting the evidence. It is, however, a very large skull. If you're ever in Winnemucca, feel free to check it out.

Well thanks, I really appreciate the effort and all but 8 foot is not exactly what I thought we were talking about. Was there any doubt humans can be 8 feet tall?

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:10 PM
link   

Oh, I agree that none of us will probably ever see evidence of giants over ten or twelve feet. I love the topic though. Almost every early civilization has myths and legends that tell of giants. I believe that these stories have to come from somewhere. But that is just a belief and I think it's ridiculous to argue beliefs.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

Oh, I agree that none of us will probably ever see evidence of giants over ten or twelve feet. I love the topic though. Almost every early civilization has myths and legends that tell of giants. I believe that these stories have to come from somewhere. But that is just a belief and I think it's ridiculous to argue beliefs.

I imagine an average size human coming across these would really find it quite marveling and all. It is still an interesting tale. I am not so much looking to argue anyone's beliefs. It is just this particular thread offers up hoaxes as evidence and when called on it, the OP made up all kinds of insane lies. That is kind of what I am arguing. As far as belief, sure. I have some beliefs. I want to believe in lots of things. I just would not be like the OP and make stuff up to defend the "reality" of what I personally believe.

Know what I mean?

Still, thanks. Even at 8 ft the jaw comparison is still pretty neat to see.

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by darkelf

Forgive me but I cannot take Bible stories at face value. The Bible is a religious collection of stories and as such, highly unreliable as a source. It may contain some historical facts but its main purpose is to control people and make them live in a certain way. Same about myths, either from ancient Greece or from elsewhere.

Is there anything else we can base our conversation upon?

Edit to fix typo

[edit on 7-7-2010 by Maegnas]

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Christ on a bike!!!!

If half the people replying saying "hai guyz, I believes in Giants, look at that massiv skeleton" would just let the smoke from their crack pipe clear; they might see the shoop sources.

And while I'm on the subject...WTF do "giant believers" think about a strange ( as in has evidence) thing called the fossil record.,

Did giants just suddenly appear ..did they not have mothers....damn that would be one painfull evolotuionary leap for females if suddenly their babies were double the size???

posted on Jul, 7 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Maegnas

One doesn't have to take the Bible at face value to discuss giants. We know that stories told by the Greeks are myths, yet that does not stop us from discussing mythological gods and beast. The fact is that there are giant stories from every continent. I used the Genesis story because I felt more people would be familiar with it. One does not have to believe the Bible to discuss the stories found in its pages. Goliath, Gilgamesh, and Hercules can be discussed without believing that they were real. I don't believe in ETs, but I still like to discuss them.

The question is why do so many civilizations have giant stories? Where did all of this folklore come from? What was the inspiration?

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join