It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Have Become a Racist

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
There is a difference between racism and "racism".

A true racist believes that races are biologicaly different, some of them better than others, including all the individuals belonging to this race.

I think you are a "cultural racist", who believes that ALL the people have the same potential, but a dominant culture in their race can be either better or worse, shaping the people of that race, on average, for better, or for worse. I consider myself a "cultural racist", too.

(by culture, I do NOT mean music or clothing, but different ways of life)

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
...Just wanted to add, I'm Native American (Chickasaw tribe), and I find
alot of the self-righteous indignation in this thread amusing...and a little sad

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
10:17 For the LORD your God [is] God of gods, and Lord of lords, a great God, a mighty, and a terrible, which regardeth not persons, nor taketh reward:

10:18 He doth execute the judgment of the fatherless and widow, and loveth the stranger, in giving him food and raiment.

10:19 Love ye therefore the stranger: for ye were strangers in the land of Egypt.

10:20 Thou shalt fear the LORD thy God; him shalt thou serve, and to him shalt thou cleave, and swear by his name.

Deuteronomy

Religion is a hindrance. I am not allowed to be racist. Not that I care to be. I think if we were all blind and had to judge people by their affect on us rather than their appearance, this would be a kinder greater world in many ways.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by rusethorcain]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:40 PM
link   
I'm a bit confused how the OP managed to get this many stars and flags!!?? I see nothing commendable about being a racist. A pat on the back for honesty? You're out of your mind.

It seems like the OP has put in a lot of mental effort to justify why he has become "conditioned" to be a racist (a concept I am still struggling to understand) without a single example of any meaningful personal relationship he has had with a Mexican. Judging from what I read, and the extremely weak arguments as to why he has reached this racist epiphany, I'm going to have to call this thread out as a blatant hate piece.

Yes, I went there.

I see nothing to suggest the OP has been anything but a racist. The opening paragraph merely a setup to soften people just enough to buy into why he hates Mexicans/Hispanics. A "come on and join me" bash fest that pulls the racists out of the wood works in the name of "look what they're doing to my country!" And we reward this with stars and flags!?

There is no doubt illegal immigration is an issue; however, it's an issue of politics, not race. As was mentioned before, legal Mexicans and Hispanics despise illegal immigration and the problems it causes as much as anyone. If you still decide to be a racist after knowing that, then I'm sure you can find a happy home in your choice of like minded hate filled forums.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
Damn I'm hispanic and born in NY, I speak english, no spanish even tho my parents only speak spanish let me just say I cant get a damn job because all you white people get the best jobs, I went to school for nothing, studied and tried my best to do my best out in the field but geez, it just seems none of that matter because a white person who was born on the same land as I did and have the same education even tho mine could be a bit higher and still wont get the job because I'm hispanic and have a deep accent that people would assume that i was born outside the US.
All you white people take us US born hispanic citizens opportunities that we deserve as well but damn how is that possible? we come from the same land and do similar things with the same education but the opportunities is not given, just taken. I guess I should work long hours and a low pay at a sh|tty job with no benefits just so I can live on the same land as a white person. Oh yeah I'm light skin with a bit of a tan and considered to be a white person by a bit darker hispanic.....

LOL you see, we can go back and forth blaming each other and all this junk. An legal with the same right as the next man can blame whites for taking the good jobs, and other things, or white people + black people, Blacks + Whites, White + White ( trailer trash,low IQ's,etc),Hispanic + Black, Black + Hispanic,Indians + Arabics, Legal (no matter which race) + Illegal (no matter which nation) and the list goes on.

Instead of people trying to live together and help each other on this land that was built for all after it was taken from the last people that were on it, the native's Indian, Oh wait wasnt it "found" by a Spanish culture? then their friends the British came in and took over, arent they immigrants as well? then some of those same immigrants got tired with the other immigrants that wanted to control them on this immigrant land so those mad immigrants fought for this immigrant land and built a nation so all immigrants can be free... oh yeah did I mention, one of the founding immigrant fathers had native indian blood among other few ?

Or people forgot and are just too ignorant to remember how this "great free new world" was formed and by who?

So OP and anyone who feels the same way, plz do yourself a favor and man up, stop blaming the next man for what our own government has done and their plans are working, we giving in, we all loosing this battle, we all loosing jobs and money, we all going thru the same things, think of all of us as illegal immigrants and the government and those who control everything are the legal citizens. Stop bushing on a single race or a group of race. you arent going to change nothing until you fight those who are really behind it and making you seem like a nigg*r ( no, not the racist word but nigg*r defined as in ignorant) cause thats exactly they want you to be, they all want us to be like that, closed minded fools. Once they divide us then they will conquer us.

"""Sorry ATS, if my poor choice of words is that bad, plz edit that word out, dont mean no disrespect or breaking the rules****

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
I am in the Construction industry and have not found a harder worker, more dedicated to family and peace than Mexican immigrants. They are not nearly as lazy as the Americans we see working for us.

So you hire illegal Mexicans to work for your company? You are part of the problem. Greed always seems to work it's way in and corrupt people doesn't it? You have sold your country out for a fistful of dollars.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:05 PM
link   
My roommate/best friend is half Mexican. Her mom is full, so is her half brother and sister. Her family has been in America for three generations so only her mom's parents are Mexican immigrants. All this talk makes me worry about her and her family. When people like the OP ARE being conditioned to have the subconscious negativity toward Mexicans/Hispanics, I start to get a little worried about them and how they might be treated.

Let's face it, there is a conditioning going on. We are being conditioned to look at a certain facet of the countries populace, whether here legally or not, and say, "YOU'RE the problem". They aren't.

The government and the employers taking advantage of these people are the problem. These people who come here illegally don't have some nefarious plan to take over our country. They are simply trying to support their families back home. You can say, "Well it's there problem that they can't demand better from their government". Really? And where have WE gotten with our demands? Is our government listening to us? Do they give a flying frogs behind what we want them to do? What king of change have we been able to bring about by voting for certain people and protesting on Wall Street, in the White House, or at our state capitals? None. I don't know why we hold Mexicans to a higher standard when it comes to the effectiveness of being able to sway leaders with public opinion.

I'm not condoning illegal residence in this country. I'm saying we need to quit blaming THEM and start demanding accountability from our own government and the people who employee them. If someone get deported from the US, then we should be finding out who their employer was and punishing them somehow. But, it's not like we don't know who is employing these people.

It was a sad sight to see when I was watching a documentary and, in it, a slaughter house that operated in an extremely low income area was highlighted. They are known to have a predominantly illegal workforce. Immigration comes into the town every once in a while and picks up about 10 to 20 illegals. They NEVER punish the slaughter house. The slaughter house then goes out and picks up another 10-20 illegals to replace them.

THIS is what is unacceptable. I think your anger needs to be directed elsewhere. Don't let them divide us like this. We need to unite against the REAL culprits.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
OP, it seems you have taken the first step to recovery, you have put it out there you have a problem. I think that deep inside you know you shouldn't feel this way, and by this post you are trying to get this off your chest and either prove yourself right or find out where you're wrong, and I think you're sincere and not being inflammatory.

I'd like you to just have an open mind for a second, and let the tension of the world slip away just for a moment, just breathe and be, right here, right now, you are you, alive and kickin'. You are one life out of trillions existing on this one planet. The moss eats at the rock while scientists try to re-create the conditions of the big bang. There are only two sponsoring emotions behind all others, the great dichotomy, eternal yin yang - fear or love.

Try to realize you are coming from a fear based perspective because you want the future for you and yours to be secure - and everyone does, it's natural - but you see things are changing rapidly around you, and you're not so sure things are going to be so good anymore. FEAR= False Evidence Appearing Real - it's hammered in everyday from every direction since you were an infant. Your parents used it on you, and humans use it on each other every day..
You hold onto the memories, and despair for the future, and in all the hoopla you never get a chance to just breathe, and be. Just still, and silent, and sentient. Look inward for a moment and stop letting everything else around you pull you out of your body and away from yourself. Breathe deep, and relax. You should have a profound new sense of respect for this sacred and mysterious process we try to describe as "life".

Just as your body is made up of trillions of cells, so too is the Earth, and we are all just cells carrying out our functions and keeping this being, Earth, alive. As Above, So Below - your body births and destroys millions of cells a day, every seven years every cell in your body has replaced your old ones, and you truly have become what you ate. So too with the Planet.
300 years ago where you stand was probably inhabited by a completely different people, with a completely different society. It is the nature of life to grow, and differentiate, and what I can only describe as "evolve" (kheperw). The reason humanity has been so successful is that we, like the cockroach and mighty ant, have been able to adapt to any environment and evolve relatively quickly to it.

I think if you could find ten minutes a day to just breathe deep, in peace & quiet, and just be, feel yourself exist and the life coursing through your body, that you would NOT be racist, and could enjoy Mexican food again.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:10 PM
link   
To the OP, I have to sadly admit that I agree with you on most points. It is a sorry, sorry situation that things have got to this point.

I live in an area that is primarily agricultural. When I was growing up there were very few 'non-white' people in the area. There were a few dozen hispanic families that were here, legally, year around. They were, and still are, wonderful people who I still associate with from time to time. They taught me a lot about their food (yum!!
) their culture, and why they decided to come to the US. All good. Migrant workers would come to the area in the summers, to tend the crops (some of them) and it was expected and accepted by all in the area. American kids worked the fields as well in other jobs. A wonderful opportunity for the young people in need of some school clothes money and to extablish a work ethic. This included myself in my younger years.

As time went on, more and more of the migrants decided to stay year around. With that came their relatives. Jobs for young white citizen children dissapeared as the hispanics took them. It was a sad time in the county when the berry busses stopped running and the previously red stained kids had no summer jobs anymore.

Neighborhoods became primarily hispanic. The school districts realized that many of their students would not be able to learn if they did not teach the cirriculum in Spanish as well. The teenage pregnancy rate skyrocket in the area.

Over a period of two decades, we have seen our beautiful area be stretched to the limit due to the illegal population. Schools are having a difficult time meeting standards, there are hispanic-involved shootings on a regular basis, neighborhoods are strewn with trash and junk cars, grafitti is everywhere, and you can't drive on a main road through town without seeing someone sporting gang attire and proud of it. Mexican flags fly abundantly and the welfare office is 90% full of hispanics. Go and see yourself.

They have their occasional marches, sporting signs saying 'America owes us' and the like, waving their Mexican flags.

I'm sorry, but this is the United States of America. Our, the citizens, way of life is being affected in a negative way by those who choose to come here and claim this land as their own, feel they are owed everything it takes to live a comfortable life, and not obey the laws.

This is what makes me disgusted. And I suppose it's kind of ironic isn't it? It makes me understand better how the Native Americans must have felt.

What a damn shame.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by Brandyfro]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Well, I feel sorry for you, because obviously you're blaming a few wrong people.

It is the border, and the political blackmail between Federal funding and State pandering that is the problem, as well as the "War on Drugs", considering the C.I.A. assists people within criminal organizations in smuggling in drugs and the D.E.A. has to play catch-up on national soil, because the "Illegal Immigrants" are a secondary issue used as a smokescreen to cloud all of the issues.

A Tangled Web: A History of CIA Complicity in Drug International Trafficking

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/338cc3d8b0fa.jpg[/atsimg]

And as well, all of this stems as well from the Federal Government allowing this issue to boil over, creating an intentional issue, so they can later sell the bio-chip program.

Microchip in Mexico Law Enforcement

They have sold this program to Mexico and are pushing now into America.

This essentially creates a fifth column movement through "invasion mentality".

Fifth Column Movement : The United Nations, Your Country, and Defending Your Rights...

So, you want to blame those you see as "Illegal Aliens" on your soil, either step up, or shut the Hell up, because if you're not calling I.C.E. to get the illegals shipped out, you are not only a part of the problem, and not the solution, you are the problem.

I highly suggest this book for you, Wolf321.

The Underground Empire: Where Crime and Governments Embrace

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/38066e743191.jpg[/atsimg]

Quote from : The Underground Empire - Where Crime and Governments Embrace : Excerpt

[Page 3:] The inhabitants of the earth spend more money on illegal drugs than they spend on food.

More than they spend on housing, clothes, education, medical care, or any other product or service.

The international narcotics industry is the largest growth industry in the world.

Its annual revenues exceed half a trillion dollars -- three times the value of all United States currency in circulation, more than the gross national products of all but a half dozen of the major industrialized nations.

To imagine the immensity of such wealth consider this:

A million dollars in gold would weigh as much as a large man.

A half-trillion dollars would weigh more than the entire population of Washington, D.C.

Narcotics industry profits, secretly stockpiled in countries competing for the business, draw interest exceeding $3 million per hour.

To what use will this money eventually be put?

What will be its ultimate effect?

Though everyone knows narcotics is big business, its truly staggering dimensions have never been fully publicized.

The statistics on which the above statements are based appear in classified documents prepared with the participation of the Central Intelligence Agency and the National Security Agency.

These studies are circulated in numbered copies with warnings of "criminal sanctions" for unauthorized disclosure.

Why is this information withheld from public view?

The international narcotics industry is, in fact, not an industry at all, but an empire.

Sovereign, proud, expansionist, this Underground Empire, though frequently torn by internal struggle, never fails to present a solid front to the world at large.

It has become today as ruthlessly acquisitive and exploitative as any nineteenth-century imperial kingdom, as far-reaching as the British Empire, as determinedly cohesive as the states of the American republic.

Aggressive and violent by nature, the Underground Empire maintains its own armies, diplomats, intelligence services, banks, merchant fleets, and air lines.

It seeks to extend its dominance by any means, from clandestine subversion to open warfare.

Legitimate nations combat its agents within their own borders, but effectively ignore its power internationally.

The United States government, while launching cosmetic "wars" on drugs and crime, has rarely attacked the Empire abroad, has never substantially diminished its international power, and does not today seriously challenge its growing threat to world stability.

Why is this so?

Do the world's governments not want to eliminate this expanding source of criminal wealth and power?

Has there in fact never been an attempt to mount a truly effective global assault against it?

Has there never existed -- does there not exist today -- some hidden, unpublicized, international force struggling against the Underground Empire?

That book speaks of an organization, once called Centac, short for Central Tactical Unit, that was taking out entire drug empires, and the C.I.A., D.E.A., and F.B.I. hamstrung them because of the turf warfare mentality between the Law Enforcement and Intelligence Agencies, and through that not only allowed drugs to keep flowing into America but the criminals.

And through all of that the necessity of those "Illegal Aliens" is a source of transportation, and a distraction, because according to my research, the "Coyote's" smuggling people in through Human Trafficking are the secondary issue.

Merely a smokescreen, and nothing more, for much move secretive maneuvers.

As well as this, the United Nations sure does not help this situation, at all.

Through the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime this international issue is only stymied, because of the political nature of those crimes crossing the national boundaries of both America and Mexico.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b11216b03a32.jpg[/atsimg]

Quote from : Wikipedia : United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime

The United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime (UNODC) is a United Nations agency that was established in 1997 as the Office for Drug Control and Crime Prevention by combining the United Nations International Drug Control Programme (UNDCP) and the Crime Prevention and Criminal Justice Division in the United Nations Office at Vienna.

It was renamed the United Nations Office on Drugs and Crime in 2002.

So, which is it you should be pissed off at most, the U.N., Washington D.C., the border states, or what you refer to as "cholos" sneaking across the border?

Racism : Self-Empowerment or Being an Ignorant Bully, and Suppressing Freedom

Sorry, not buying it in the least, because while I am not defending those "Illegal Immigrants" coming across the border, I know the issue is much deeper than them.

It starts with the Federal Government, State Government, and Border, FIRST.

Everything else is secondary, and as well a pathetic excuse to use racism to defend ignorance.

Deny Ignorance.

[edit on 8-5-2010 by SpartanKingLeonidas]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
You can say, "Well it's there problem that they can't demand better from their government". Really? And where have WE gotten with our demands? Is our government listening to us? Do they give a flying frogs behind what we want them to do? What king of change have we been able to bring about by voting for certain people and protesting on Wall Street, in the White House, or at our state capitals? None. I don't know why we hold Mexicans to a higher standard when it comes to the effectiveness of being able to sway leaders with public opinion.

You do not see waves of Americans illegally going into Canada and demanding free things from them because we cannot change our own country now do you? I guess we are not holding them to a higher standard after all.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
*Snip* Mod Quote Removal

They don't believe that their brown skin gives them the right to do all that. They do it because they want to. They feel that they can get away with it and if they get caught that they can do the time.

They understand that it is just a game of cops and robbers and they just play their part.

[edit on 5/8/2010 by semperfortis]

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:30 PM
link   

*Snip* Mod Quote Removal

What a fool. To the trash with these people. There's no bargaining with them and they're just a waste of space and life. They're seriously ignorant beyond ignorance and retarded beyond retarded.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Okay OP....so you made a thread announcing to ATS that you became an idiot?

That's cool, I guess.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reading this thread makes me angry and breeds hate. i think about it and i cool off, calmer heads will prevail. i refuse to buy into the hate. this thread shows me how divided our country can be. it scares me to walk down the street and think there are people who hold this kind of prejudice, all it does is breed more racial tension. it makes me wonder how far this will go. race wars and riots? what do you think is going to happen? i think some people are looking for a scapegoat to blame their problems on. there is good and bad in every culture, you cant just look at someone and automatically assume they are a one way or the other. quit judging people and live your life! if you dont like it, do something about it, write your senator, vote, make a petittion. please dont attack people online and spew racial hatred.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:40 PM
link   

*Snip* Mod Quote Removal

How 'bout we change the "special brown skin" part to another color of the rainbow ...

OH!? that's right. It All still applies just the same ... minus the rather obvious racist agenda and bigotry, that is.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

EVERY GROUP IS A BIT RACIST!
Jesse Jackson referred to New York as “Hymetown” to disparage Jews.
Middle class whites call lower class whites “trailer trash.”
Thin people call fat people “Lard Ass”
We have all heard dozens of ethnic slurs thrown at another group when members of that group are thought to be out of earshot. Not just white people are racist.

I have been called “honkey” by Blacks, “gringo” by Mexicans, and “haole” by Hawaiians.

Here in southern California, teenagers from gang areas are terrified if they have to go to another part of town, because they might run into members of another same-race gang, and get beat up, stabbed or shot. We have gangs of every ethnic group, black, white, Mexican, El Salvadoran, Chinese, Cambodian, Samoan, Armenian and many more. They often kill members of their own race, because the victim was from the other side of town. They often kill other race people just because of their race.

TWO EXAMPLES OF SEVERE RACISM.

In 2006, a 14 year old African American girl was standing on the sidewalk near her house, when she was shot and killed by a Latino gang members, just for being Black. According to
Los Angeles Police Chief William J. Bratton, the suspects were later caught and charged with murder, along with a special hate crime allegation NOW THAT’S A REAL RACIST!

www.latimes.com...

A 6-year-old black boy was critically wounded after being shot in the head by suspected Latino gang members today as the victim's family drove through the Harbor Gateway neighborhood, Los Angeles Police Chief William J. Bratton said.
Two Latino males flashed gang signs before opening fire on the red GMC Yukon with six people inside, including the victim's mother, who is eight months pregnant, Bratton said. The rear window of the SUV was shattered by the gunfire, and one of the rounds hit the boy in the head, he said. NOW THAT’S A REAL RACIST!

articles.latimes.com...

We also have religious groups that show favoritism toward members of their own group, but extreme prejudice against others. SOMETIMES IT’S RACIAL TOO, since religion is often is based on ethnic identity.

Well, WOLF321 might be a bit racist, most people are, but more troubling is the economic warfare that pits one group against another for survival. This economic warfare has been set into motion by the Federal Government. The FEDS refuse to enforce the laws that prescribe a $10,000 fine for hiring illegal immigrants. The FEDS refuse to check for visa overstayers. Many came to the USA stating they would return to their home country after their vacation, but never left and compete for jobs with citizens. The FEDS reward corporations with tax breaks to out source jobs overseas. The FEDS gave China “most favored nation” status, and allow China to “knock off” American products without paying for patents or royalties. The FEDS allow dumping of cheap products in order to kill American Companies.

This economic Darwinism has been set up by the FEDS, and it is fostering the racism as a byproduct.

Well WOLF321 , you are NOT A REAL RACIST.

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dark Ghost
White Racist: people with a sick, twisted delusional hatred for people that are not White. Undetermined whether this is heredity or due to influence from others.

non-White Racist: people that feel white people have committed injustice against their people. Usually there is a justified reason for this hate.

Don't agree? You are probably racist.

[edit on 8/5/2010 by Dark Ghost]

now THAT is an idiotic reply, (and opinion)......

You must be a racist yourself.....um...because somebody did something to you to warrant such.....

In MY experience, most of the really racist people I have met are that way because they were BROUGHT UP to be that way......
I am a "white person" and have not acted like an a$$hole, (racist, jerk, whatever term you might want to use that'll make you feel better), towards anyone just because of their color...it's normally because the person DESERVED it by being a racist, jerk, a$$hole...(whatever)...THEMSELVES....notice I used the term PERSON and not RACE.....

God, is it just me, (I am over age 40), but does it just seem like the younger generation has been completely brainwashed by "political correctness"? Why can't we just call things as we see them...HONESTLY...and if someone doesn't like what you say/said...then they can just walk away and stop listening......

posted on May, 8 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ace High
I am in the Construction industry and have not found a harder worker, more dedicated to family and peace than Mexican immigrants. They are not nearly as lazy as the Americans we see working for us.

So you hire illegal Mexicans to work for your company? You are part of the problem. Greed always seems to work it's way in and corrupt people doesn't it? You have sold your country out for a fistful of dollars.

I am replying to the post you made after this one, but was removed (thank God!)

Oh i did not know that white people don't kill,rob,rape etc. So all this is done by "brown people" What a complete joke you are. This is just a huntch, but are you religious too?

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join