It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plane carrying Polish president Lech Kaczynski crashes near Russian airport, CONFIRMED DEAD

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:30 AM
link   
Star & Flag. Thank you so much for the timely post.
My Heart

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by Vitchilo
Some interesting analysis from a Pole...

Here are some facts:
- This model of Tupolev cannot be teard apart like a paper by some trees. Especially not when flying with landing speed.
- Ammount of fuel on board of the Plane wasn't sufficent to make such a strong explosion.
- There are no witnesses, that actually seen the happening. (strange, it was near russian military airport)
- No media has said a word about black box! Noone even mentioned it.
- No rescue action were taken by russian authorities.
- Special investigation will be presided by Lord Vladimir P.
- On the place, there was more specnaz soldiers than firemans, and not even one lifeguard.

Interesting for sure.

I am in no way insulting your personal opinion. But the "facts" you quoted are completely wrong.
Passenger planes like these are made out of aluminium. Aluminium is light and flexible, and easily breakable. At landing speed (something probably between 130-200knots), aluminium breaks like paper.
If there are no witnesses, how can you caracterize the explosion as "strong"?
Planes, by law, have to carry AT LEAST enough fuel for the flight path+diversion to the next closest airport+30min. Routinely, they carry more. Plenty of fuel for an explosion.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:42 AM
link   
I'm hearing on the news now that the pilot was told to land at another airport, but he insisted on trying to land at Smolensk... why, after being warned to land somewhere else because of bad weather would you continue to your original destination (in this case the Smolensk airport)? Seems a bit odd.

You would think the person flying this plane full of important people would know what he/she is doing - apparently not?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:51 AM
link   
reply to post by highlyoriginal

well as you can imagine lets say it was air force one and obama wants to land in smolensk - pilot says the ground people advise against it - who cares i wont be driving any stupid cars from the other airport land here !

that maybe wrong but thats how i can imagine it.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by reassor
reply to post by highlyoriginal

well as you can imagine lets say it was air force one and obama wants to land in smolensk - pilot says the ground people advise against it - who cares i wont be driving any stupid cars from the other airport land here !

that maybe wrong but thats how i can imagine it.

My thoughts exactly!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   
I just heard on BBC world service radio that the plane was overhauled 6 months ago in Russia.It had a 5 year guarantee they said.

Now I notice that Putin is heading the inquiry into the crash:

www.abc.net.au...

Is that because it was a russian plane,recently serviced in russia-or some other reason?

Would it not be more "normal" for the country who has lost their president to run any inquiry?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 07:58 AM
link   
The following is my opinion as a member participating in this discussion.

My sincere condolences are extended to Polish people at this profound loss. This is a tremendous setback for the Polish nation however, the Poles are a strong, resilient people and they will surely overcome this dark page in their
history. My thoughts and prayers are with the Polish people today.

On April 7th, Russian Prime Minister,Vladimir Putin and Donald Tusk, the Prime Minister of Poland, met.
I find it strangely curious that this meeting should have taken place in advance of the "official" Commemoration of the
Soviet massacre of Polish military officers in the Katyn Wood. Considering that Polish Prime Minister Tusk seems to be the only senior member of the Polish Government that did not travel with the Polish delegation on this ill-fated flight, it certainly causes one's suspicions to be aroused.

Link to Details of Meeting between Russian Prime Minister Vladimir Putin and Donald Tusk, Prime Minister of Poland.

Of course, such a meeting is, in of itself, no "smoking gun". Nevertheless, it is one of those 'news items' that seems to nag at "conspiratorially inclined mind" (ok... paranoid and just a tad Russo-phobic). extra DIV

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by highlyoriginal
I'm hearing on the news now that the pilot was told to land at another airport, but he insisted on trying to land at Smolensk... why, after being warned to land somewhere else because of bad weather would you continue to your original destination (in this case the Smolensk airport)? Seems a bit odd.

You would think the person flying this plane full of important people would know what he/she is doing - apparently not?

Just like what happened to Titanic. Captain was ordered by the owners to sail the short way...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
I just want to chime and say...

Plane's don't JUST crash!

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
being a conspiracy website i gotta say, wtf r the russians doin? talk about being aggressive. if a pro-russian president comes in then you know something is up. same with georgia, thats almost a sure thing. its happened in the ukraine and kyrgyzstan... basically minus the PM, the entire polish leaderships' head has been chopped off.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
english.pravda.ru...

The pilot was told Smolensk's Severny airport was closed because of thick fog, according to the news agency Interfax. He was told by air traffic controllers to divert to another landing site and given a choice of landing instead in either Moscow or Minsk, the capital of Belarus. But the pilot decided to continue with the original flight plan and land at Smolensk.

He made three unsuccessful attempts to land before the crash. On the fourth try, the plane fell apart in the tree tops, Interfax said, citing officials at Smolensk's interior ministry. It seems rather incredible that the pilot chose to make so many unsuccessful attempts.

Russia's foreign ministry confirmed the cause of the air catastrophe was bad weather. "According to provisional information the crash happened because the plane failed to land at the military airport near Smolensk in conditions of severe fog.”

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Originally posted by mryanbrown
I just want to chime and say...

Plane's don't JUST crash!

The plane was overhauled in December [in Samara /Russia
], the aircrafttype had a very good security record.
I really dont know what to think of this or the Russians....yet, but my heart goes out to all Polish people, my deep condolences.

news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 10-4-2010 by Foppezao]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
"If there are no witnesses, how can you caracterize the explosion as "strong"? "

sorry I cannot put correct quotes...

THERE WAS NO EXPLOSION WHATSOEVER. WATCH RT LIVE
rt.com...

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
I don't think it was the Russians. It looks like it was the Russian and that's why I don't think it was them. They are the perfect cover for the real motive behind this possible assassination. I'm sure the Russians would like to see him dead but I doubt they would be stupid enough to kill him on their own soil. Wasn't this guy against the Lisbon treaty? Also the head of the central bank was on the plane so the President may not have been the target at all.

Regardless of who was behind this it is terrible news. I just read a little about him and it sounds like he was very conservative, nationalistic and against EU expansion. Which makes him of a rare breed in the EU zone and also paints a huge target on his back in the world we currently live in.

[edit on 10-4-2010 by 4ortunate1]

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mryanbrown

Well, sometimes they do. That said, all things considered, I'm really, really suspicious of this one. Sure, it was foggy, but the instrument landing system should have taken care of that. I'm sure this wasn't just some third rate pilot, either, and I'm sure he knew what he was doing and how to land the plane in such conditions. No, this sets off alarm bells in my mind. And now Putin will be leading the investigation. Yeah, sure. If, over the coming months, Poland's new government turns out to be very much pro-Russian, I think we'll all pretty much know what this was about.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:43 AM
link   
This was Russian's middle game Polish Gambit. First move was Arctic Sea hijack. Now they have strategical advantage.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   
Lol I was wondering why the other thread hadnt taken off, till I found this one. As for Lech Kaczyński,

He opposed the EU.

He opposed the lisbon treaty.

He voiced concern over the supposed benefits of free trade agreements.

He was heading for a personal visit to the memorial site where Polish officers were murdered during World War Two.

He was murderd?

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:53 AM
link   
"it looks like russia did it, that's why we should consider some one else may have did it"

Exactly, it may of been russia it may of been an accident it may have been nwo strategy... just keep your eyes and minds open guys, don't let the real perps off the hook.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
For those dodging the BBC /SKY news non coverage of this, Aljazeera news is covering this in detail. And someone said upthere about nobody mentioning the blackbox flight recorder, well on the afformentioned news channel (514 for sky viewers in the UK) they said that the blackbox flight recorder has been recovered.

posted on Apr, 10 2010 @ 08:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by Voiceoftreason

Originally posted by order in chaos

The Russian government has although responded very quickly by placing an investigating commission headed by Vladimir Putin himself.

I am afraid that's like putting the fox in charge of an investigation into who raided the henhouse. I do not like the look of this one little bit, and if I were Polish, I would be asking some questions. Someone has already pointed out that this was the perfect decapitation strike.

I totally agree with you we all know putin cannont be trusted

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join