It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Does Anyone Honestly Believe We Are Totally Alone?

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I believe there are other forms of intelligence outside of our capacity of understanding. Be it multidimensional, inner planetary or what ever else, something around us prefers to remain obscured.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:45 AM
link   
The Words you choose reveal You, but We shall see what proves To BE!

(I think You are intelligent enough to comprehend IT!)

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:58 AM
link   
The galaxy contains roughly a hundred billion stars. If even a very small fraction of these have planets which develop technological civilizations, there must be a very large number of such civilizations.

If any of these civilizations produce cultures which colonize over interstellar distances, even at a small fraction of the speed of light, the galaxy would have been completely colonized in no more than a few million years.

That's just OUR GALAXY... Don't get me started on the universe.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

Indeed we shall.

Only time has the benefit of knowing what we were, what we will be, and what is in-between. I believe everything is repeated in time. Infinite time acts as the host for infinite recurrences. Intelligence is surely not exempt from this cycle.

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 04:16 AM
link   
reply to post by SuperSlovak

Kinda like there were so0 many sperms wasted but each of us so0 unique were just the seed that got through, and we didn't compete to get to the egg nor 'make ourselves' of them, yet we are having become and are being.

The reign of the Heavens -they shall be inhabited but then -and not now of US nor them, they die wherever they are exposed we are only slightly more immune and thus resilient (but what a difference it is)!

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Most people think there is life elsewhere. But I'm not sure if that answers your question "Are we alone" because even on Earth, intelligent life has been quite rare as far as we know. If all we ever found elsewhere was a type of microbe, I would still feel we are relatively "alone" as an intelligent species.

It doesn't seem inevitable that just because life develops, that it will develop intelligence, just look at how long the dinosaurs ruled the Earth without developing intelligence so far as we know.

Intelligent life is certainly possible elsewhere, but IMO not as likely as some form of life.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 03:34 PM
link   
reply to post by YeHUaH ELaHaYNU

It seems like people are ignoring your posts for a few reasons.

1) It seems like you hardly understand grammar, let alone english.

2) You base your entire understandings off of some ancient pieces of paper that were written by less technologically advanced men that still believed the earth was flat.

3) You've yet to realize or understand that you're one of the few people left in this world that really believe everything that was written in your precious fairy tale.

Open your eyes.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
I think most folks have accepted the fact that we being the only speck in the vast universe to house life is laughable at best.

There are many scientific types now that are actually making some rudimentary predictions about when we will have made contact or positive ID of alien intelligence, many saying within the next 10 to 15 years.

Actually contacting them (or they bothering to contact us, or not), is another matter.

We may well have already had very positive ID of ETI, but we've not been able to replicate it, so it's still a mystery (the Wow! Signal). Of course, that signal may not be on, or may have only been broadcast once, and we have never constantly monitored the spot where it was received (which I thought was strange), but there it is. That was as positive an ID as you can probably get.

posted on Feb, 20 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
It's way beyond the point if the (non terrestrial origin) are real. The problem is we know that they have been studying us and they know that we know that, but our core problem is that we are unable to locate the point of origin. I suppose i should also ask as to why we are so keen to find their point of origin.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by avatar01
Based on your numbers I would say there is an X% chance of life on other planets. But seriously... why not give us some real numbers.

There are 10 planets in our star system.

Make that nearly half of a hundred.

You have the eight untested planets then the dwarf planets Ceres, Pluto, Charon, Orcus, Eris, Sedna, Makemake, Quaoar, Ixion, Varuna, 2002 TC320 (Mister Purple), Vesta, Pallas, Hygiea, and some consider our moon to be a planet as well given our very small but still apparent wobble in our own orbit around our own star, much like Pluto. And there could be many, many more. Also given that life compounds can be found in comets and meteors.

There are billions of stars in our galaxy.

Hundreds of billions.

There are billions of galaxies in our universe.

Hundreds of trillions, only billions that we can currently see.

1,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000,000 planets.

Even more than that.

The chances that there is life on other planets in my estimation is 99.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999 percent.

Don't you mean it is 199.9999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999999%?

With absolute certainty and near absolute certainty of something else as well.

[edit on 21-2-2010 by Dranigus]

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   
There is no life on other planets. Even if there were (which there is not) nobody is going to be buzzing around in spaceships coming to visit us. (laws of physics?)

But there are plenty of UFOs, real spacecraft flying around, saucers that are antigravity, but they are built in the underground cities. The grays do exist but they are genetically modified monsters created also in the underground labs in ghoulish breeding experiments, creating monsters that are part human, part insect, part whatever.

The government is going to spring a fake alien invasion on us, using materialized devils and these mutated part human monster creatures they have made in the labs to foist off on us as "aliens."

And we never went to the moon. A total hoax. A lame one at that.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 11:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by Just the Truth
There is no life on other planets. Even if there were (which there is not) nobody is going to be buzzing around in spaceships coming to visit us. (laws of physics?)

Fanatic Warning

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dranigus

Fanatic Warning

I think you are breaking a lot of rules here.

1. Short posts (2 words)
2. Flaming
3. Insulting, non conversational.

Seems like whatever rules there are, you have broken them all. Does ATS care? We shall see.

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dranigus

Fanatic Warning

I think you are breaking a lot of rules here.

1. Short posts (2 words)
2. Flaming
3. Insulting, non conversational.

Seems like whatever rules there are, you have broken them all. Does ATS care? We shall see.

And you did the following:

1) Made a Straw Man Argument.

2) Over-Generalizing

3) Making a big fuss over nothing

You know what is funny, I made the same thing before in a thread in which a moderator made a statement right after my own and he said nothing about what I had done nor did he do anything about it. Don't you find that funny given that you believe what I just did breaks the rules?

posted on Feb, 21 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   
It is just plain ignorance to believe we have the only life on our planet in the whole universe, and that we are the most inteligent species

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join