It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

You all seem to have theories on HOW it was done, but what about WHO and WHY???

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:19 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Impressme,I think many people can't fathom that the military will do anything to maintain their power and influence just like our elected reps I give our armed forces credit they cultivate the Rambo-GI Joe image so well that a good amount of people believe it and can't imagine that they would willingly stage false flag attacks.Operation:Northwoods was a "freak." occurrence if they have ever heard of it not to mention the gulf of Tonkin and the sinking of the Maine.

I thought Operation Northwoods was a interesting and it’s funny that 911 is very similar to Operation Northwoods. One would think the real perps took a page out of the same book.
The fact is, we know Operation Northwoods was real it all came out 30 years later under the FOIA and the fact that our own military the joint chief of staff all agree to kill American citizens and blow up our buildings and hijack our own commercial airliners and blow them up and blame Cuba they were willing to paint our fighters jets in Cuba colors, so it would look like Cuba had committed this false flag operation. All they needed was Kennedy signature to get the final ok, but Kennedy was outraged, he told the joint chief of staff, NO! Some say this is one reason Kennedy was assassinated, because he would not play ball with the “treasonous” military leaders we had at the time.
Anyone who denies this information, and refuses to research it, then they chose to be ignorant.
Your right about the Gulf of Tonkin and the sinking of the Maine, all were proven military false flags, done by our own people to perpetuate wars. 911 was no different.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:51 AM
link   
reply to post by zatara

If I was a detective I would start with investigating the people who I think told lies, benefit and have a common interest. It will not be hard to think of a few names right away.

Anyways.....does anybody knows what initiative and what the status is of the most promising action that is taken for a new reliable investigation?

I can think of a few names that benefitted and two of them were oilmen whose business partners were handed no bid contracts & raked in millions and were responsible for harming some of our military soldiers at the same time.

Behind most criminal enterprise, there is always a money trail it was easy to find theirs.
Eventually, when half of the American people wake up perhaps we will see Justice done to the real criminals.
As far as a new investigation, we do not want our government doing it. Most people do not trust our government, because of all the lies they told us concerning 911, we know they are hiding the truth.
To some of us, it is like asking the criminals to investigate themselves the final report will always be the same it will always contain evasive answers to no answerers and more pseudo sciences and plenty of stonewalling.

In my opinion, the American people need to come together and vote on a group of scientist and experts in their field of expertise to do the 911 investigation and they need to be granted full subpoena power. These experts’ will have to go though a background check to make sure they have no affiliation with our government or military, so there is no conflict of interest.

[edit on 18-2-2010 by impressme]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

OK, for the record, I TRUST no one! I'm what you call a natural born skeptic... I think that EVERYONE is lying and EVERYONE has some agenda... Even the 'Truthers'... Some lie and full well know it... Some lie and think it's the truth...

this statement alone is worth an entire thread of analysis, but for now, I'll just leave it at that.

With that said, to the poster who insinuated that the Military had some part in the events, BS!!! You have apparently NEVER worn the Uniform, thus you do not understand that those who do would never do such a thing, much less keep quiet about it for over eight years...

I'm not saying the military was involved in 911, but there are numerous psychological studies that have shown how people will react when "the authority figure" tells them what to do. I'm sorry, but it's hard not to argue that military grunts aren't some of the most brainwashed people on the planet. I'm sure I'll get a lot of flack for saying that. But I mean, come on, just look at what they're subjected to. If you were a true skeptic like you say wouldn't you be skeptical of the militaries' nobility as perpetuated by the american machine?

To those who still seem to think that the 'gubermint' is behind it, you GREATLY overestimate the ability and intelligence of your government.

government is a very general word and I think people throw it around carelessly. I think the "government" is probably comprised of a lot of different people. some are corrupt, some are pretty cool, some are better friends then others, some are privy to more info then others, its not hard to imagine. What if some are in employed by but not listed as government. I think america is one of histories greatest examples of how ingenious, cooperative, combative, influential, competitive, creative, and capable a nation can be. It's not hard to imagine some of the stuff that is talked about on this site.

Back to the why, I have yet to see anyone give a good logical argument that shows that it would have been easier for any entity to pull off the elaborate scam that 'Truthers' cling to than to just point Al Qaeda and the 19 scumbags resposible in the right direction and let them get all jihady and martyry on us...

who cares about what you perceive as easy. The simplest explanation is that 19 muslims that hate freedom attacked us. Does swallowing simple a simpleton make?

Considering how vehemently those here in this forum cling to this conspiracy, and demonize anyone who does not swallow it based on what is at best flimsy evidence, and at worst pure unfiltered horse hockey only tends to lend credence to this hypothesis...

To understand the 9/11 'Truther' Movement, I think one needs to look at the 'Truther', not the truth...

I don't consider myself a "truther", but you still haven't responded to the very first reply in this thread, mine. What are your thoughts on building 7? Not being a truther, building 7 is my only concern as of now, because it looks exactly like controlled demo and I don't understand how that could happen, not being a truther, don't you feel the same?
Or can you easily explain this flimsy evidence of something other than an official story.

-Liquid

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:24 AM
link   
reply to post by liquidsmoke206

RE Bdg.7,it and the two Towers were owned by Lucky Larry.The two buildings between which were damaged heavily but did not fall,were not.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by Simplynoone

I couldn't agree with you more. My post talks about zionist but at the very top, it's evil men(and women too) who worship Satan, that are pulling the strings. What most jews(who are honest, decent, hardworking and loyal people) don't understand is that zionism is a threat to them too.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Ok ... look at the evidence then you can conclude who was most likelly responsable.

Twin Towers countained CIA counter terrorism units and nsa
Pentagon, Navy Command, unused section
3 of the planes had passengers working for FBI + NSA + Ritered pilots.

On that day you had 3 different millitary exercises, f-16 and others were not dispatched, the MSM story changed on the 12th of september, Bush did nothing. And every investigation was twarted by the governement.

Who did this... is very clear.... Who was pulling the strings? well then you might want to take a look at what I have writen here:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 12:44 PM
link   
If the hijacker pilots were in flight training during the Clinton administration; why do Bush/Cheney get fingered all the time.

Not to mention those who think the WTC buildings were constructed with explosives in them.

I am beginning to think Abraham Lincoln was really the who.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by impressme

impressme, have you ever read the whole plan to Operation Northwoods? At all? Can you direct me to the parts where they were to actually KILL and MURDER hundreds, if not thousands of US civilians ON PURPOSE? Cause unlike you, I have read the plans, and I dont see anywhere anything about murdering thousands of innocent civilians to go and invade Cuba. There was talk about "simulated" attacks, faked riots, and such, but nothing about mass murder.

But I guess you failed to catch on that part, and just use that particular "operation" as PROOF our government is capable of being behind 9/11. That is just pathetic. And dumping on the military and on our soldiers and veterens is a new low. Really low. Accusing them of being in on it, or at least suggesting they are all mindless zombie-like drones who will blindly obey our military and actively conspire to murder thousands of innocent civilians.

Sorry, but the crazier the truther's claims get, the more the so called "OS" sounds as the most stable and correct. At least the NIST and those who investigated the events are all consistent in their findings, more or less. Too bad you cannot say the same thing of the "Truth" movement.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Firstly I don't know why who etc etc.

My opinion is definately a conspiracy, not rocket science.

After watching the "In Plane Site" documentary it is BLATENTLY obvious that there were no terrorist pilots. Listening to John Lear who said that a very experienced pilot would have a hard time getting it done, seems to indicate "missles" to me......BUT, I think the smoking gun is the web site
"septemberclues".

The "septemberclues" web site offers a "virtual reality" answer as to what happened on 911.

If the missle theory is correct, who has missles ?????

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:01 PM
link   
From our daily observations in the news, there is always the possibility to find some suicide bombers to commit a terrorist attack. These bombers can easily be hired by the western forces, may it be CIA or another group to create a false flag attack.

The suicide bombers and Bin laden were not capable of masterminding the entire attack themselves. Bin laden also claimed in 2001 that he had no input on the attacks, the claim that was changed later on, when for all we know he was already dead. Or he was still just following orders from the CIA.

Why get suicide bombers from the Middle East? Because no one else will do it, right? The suicide bombers thought they were working for an Islamic nationalist group, but were in fact working for an undercover group. Why?

How else can you blame it on Middle Eastern terrorists. Most people don't even know the difference between Afghanistan, Iraq, Yemen, Iran, Pakistan. To most people it's just the Middle East, just as Europe is just Europe - no matter which country.

Once the suicide bombers attacked the buildings, the effect was not large enough - just like when Lusitania sunk. So they had to make sure the buildings would collapse. They were infected with asbestos anyway.

Building 7 also collapsed as it contained important information on the attacks. It was all well coordinated. It's so easy.

As a result we wanted Afghanistan to be blown up to pieces, despite the suicide bombers and the alleged mastermind originating from Saudi Arabia. We wanted Iraq to go down for having connection to Al Quaida. We feel that the Taliban are responsible, so they should be hunted down even to Pakistan and beyond. It's a blind chase for the wrong people. Don't you realise how we are hunting for the wrong people?

And now these people are resisting the attacks against them, as they never had any kind of participation in the 9/11 attacks. Have people forgotten why we are in Afghanistan, Iraq and Pakistan? Because of 9/11. Any other excuses? Not at all. The government has plenty, especially oil and gas, but we people only believe they should be attacked because of 9/11.

And who committed the attacks allegedly? The Saudi Arabs. Did Iraq have weapons of mass destruction? No. Did they have Al Quaida connections? No. Was Saddam Hussein any worse than the leader of Myanmar? No. So why did we attack? Just because of 9/11 and the war on terrorism. The war on what terrorism? WHO are the terrorists?

I would never rule out the US, UK, and Israel as international terrorists. That's a fact. How about the Middle East? Of course, if the US, UK and Israel use the right connections. Why not? You need a smart false flag terror attack these days. Pakistan is also always very helpful, and they can already find suicide bombers in their own country.

Why do you think it to be so unreal to bring together all these forces to create a false flag terrorist attack that will in the long run benefit every country that participated in it. For them, who cares if people died. People die everywhere every day. Iraqis die all the time. Palestinians. Pakistanis. Afghanis. People all across Africa. And of course the troops.

So a few thousand more won't make such a major difference just because they are western. It's all for a good purpose. Humans are just a part of nature, and we will kill for survival if necessary. It's just too bad that our leaders are always the ones who are permitted to kill for survival, while we just stand by.

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by MightyAl

How do you hire a suicide bomber ? Does he get more at weekends ?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 04:58 PM
link   
reply to post by GenRadek

Sorry, but the crazier the truther's claims get, the more the so called "OS" sounds as the most stable and correct. At least the NIST and those who investigated the events are all consistent in their findings, more or less. Too bad you cannot say the same thing of the "Truth" movement.

You are correct, the NIST report is pretty much consistent with the 911 commission report. They should be consistent as they shared the same evidences and lies. The only problem is after they were published the 911 commission admitted its report was a lie.

Thank G-d for free thinking. It would be as wrong for 911 Truthers to lock in on one story without sufficient evidence to back it up the way the government did with their bogus reports. The police and prosecutors do this all the time, they pick the first “convictable guy” confuse and break him down to the point were this guy innocent or not admits to the crime just to get the interrogation to stop.
Sometimes its easy to spot because the suspect(s) repeat the nearly identical story over and over.
In these cases, the police and prosecutors also keep the stories the same. In the real world people not meaning to be deceitful do make changes when recounting an event, it is absolutely normal. We often remember certain things at certain times and can over look them at other times, especially under duress.

Given the small amount of evidence Truthers have to work with, it is amazing how many critical facts about 911 have been discovered by them.
What has not been solved yet of course will remain open for discussion until the truth is discovered.
I much rather have debate ending in truth than consistency based on totally on lies. Go back to your world, you don’t get it.

9/11 Commissioners say "Official Story" a Lie

The co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission (Thomas Keane and Lee Hamilton) said that the CIA (and likely the White House) “obstructed our investigation”.
The co-chairs of the 9/11 Commission also said that the 9/11 Commissioners knew that military officials misrepresented the facts to the Commission, and the Commission considered recommending criminal charges for such false statements, yet didn’t bother to tell the American people (free subscription required).
Indeed, the co-chairs of the Commission now admit that the Commission largely operated based upon political considerations.

9/11 Commission co-chair Lee Hamilton says “I don’t believe for a minute we got everything right”, that the Commission was set up to fail, that people should keep asking questions about 9/11, that the 9/11 debate should continue, and that the 9/11 Commission report was only “the first draft” of history.

9/11 Commissioner Bob Kerrey said that “There are ample reasons to suspect that there may be some alternative to what we outlined in our version . . . We didn’t have access . . . .”

9/11 Commissioner Timothy Roemer said “We were extremely frustrated with the false statements we were getting”
Former 9/11 Commissioner Max Cleland resigned from the Commission, stating: “It is a national scandal”; “This investigation is now compromised”; and “One of these days we will have to get the full story because the 9-11 issue is so important to America. But this White House wants to cover it up”.

9/11 Commissioner John Lehman said that “We purposely put together a staff that had - in a way - conflicts of interest“.
The Senior Counsel to the 9/11 Commission (John Farmer) who led the 9/11 staff’s inquiry, said “I was shocked at how different the truth was from the way it was described …. The tapes told a radically different story from what had been told to us and the public for two years…. This is not spin. This is not true.”

www.beyondleftright.com...

The 9/11 Commission Rejects own Report as Based on Government Lies

www.salem-news.com...

[edit on 18-2-2010 by impressme]

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
WHO: CIA + MOSSAD + MI5.
WHY: reason to declare war to middle east and to limit freedoms.

What more is really needed?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:09 PM
link   
Were huge amounts of money made bu anyone following the events of 911? Silverstein, perhaps? His asbestos filled buildings were demolished and he got some nice insurance pay offs.

The missing $2Trillion at the Pentagon? We never heard another word!

The Halliburton non-bid contracts? Why would anyone in the Shrub administration award them these contracts? Anyone?

The Afghan pipeline that the Taliban wouldn't agree to? Wow. The Taliban are now out of the way. Will anyone make any money out of that pipeline?

Control of the Iraqi oil fields? Will anyone make any money there?

Were there any restrictions made on the lifestyles of the people? I cite the Patriot act. It was objected to quite strongly by some for a while. At least until they got a letter full of weapons grade anthrax. That might have put a crimp in their objections.

Without talking about planes and buildings and implosions and cell calls from 757s there's a lot to think about.

Mission accomplished, eh?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by JaxonRoberts

So who should I believe? You or these guys?

www.patriotsquestion911.com...

It's not you!!

who.........Zionists

why.........power and money

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by impressme
Operation Northwoods was real it all came out 30 years later under the FOIA and the fact that our own military the joint chief of staff all agree to kill American citizens and blow up our buildings and hijack our own commercial airliners and blow them up and blame Cub

Care to show us exactly where they were planning to kill American citizens, blow up buildings and hijack jets and blow them up?

sinking of the Maine, all were proven military false flags

Care to show a valid source where the Maine sinking was a proven false flag operation?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 06:58 PM
link   
reply to post by dereks

yer getting caught up in details, the bottom line is operation north woods was a plan to engage in some deceptive, heinous, and immoral acts.

the only detail worth focusing on is the fact that certain people in charge actually entertain these types of ideas.

why doesn't that bother you?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   
It was a bunch of rich people. War is good for business. Fear is good for war.

15 million children die of starvation every year. 3,000 people died on 9/11. Which issue is more important?

posted on Feb, 18 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
"yer getting caught up in details, the bottom line is operation north woods was a plan to engage in some deceptive, heinous, and immoral acts."

I guess this line of thinking by one's Government is okay for some people as long as thousands of people aren't murdered. It is no surprise that people who believe the Official Story also use such warped and demented rational. Birds of a feather...

posted on Feb, 19 2010 @ 11:39 AM
link   

Originally posted by Alfie1
reply to post by MightyAl

How do you hire a suicide bomber ? Does he get more at weekends ?

Yeah, and if he actually succeeds, he'll get a bonus.

No, how do you think suicide bombers are generally selected? They join an extremist group who brainwashes them to commit the act. That group "hires" them, and that group could be linked to some intelligence agency, with someone like CIA puppet Bin Laden being the one who brainwashes them into committing these acts or one of his associates.

Don't forget that Mossad set up a small terrorist cell in Yemen, according to the President of Yemen. And the Muhajadeen were created by the west to crush the soviet forces in Afghanistan during the Cold War.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join